Name respec - idea

edited March 2019 in General Board
After 6-12 months inactive should it be possible to take someone elses name? You pay the Mith and get the name even if it has been choose, if they have been inactive for a long period of time. It will allow your name change and force the inactive to name respec like when you transfer into the Ywain Cluster.
  1. Should forced name respecs be allowed if they are inactive for an extended period of time?24 votes
    1. Yes
      29.17%
    2. No
      70.83%
Post edited by Fateboi on

Comments

• edited March 2019 PM
    Lol?.. Don't think that will happen tbh... Or atleast make it to where if the person's RR is above RR5 shouldn't remove that persons name being inactive for over 6 months.. That wouldn't be fare to that person if they return. As many people take 6 month to 1 year breaks and come back.. Ive done it numerous times.
    Post edited by Jollygreenjerk on
  • I think after a certain period of time names should be reset, I mean even on random names takes up to 10 tries before you get one.
  • i would only say yes to under level 24 toons
  • I would say after 5 years name is available again.
  • Nope! I dont want someone ruining my rep. My name my rep. Get your own.
  • Just be more creative ffs
  • Corey117 wrote: »
    Just be more creative ffs

This guy gets it.
    Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters
  • Corey117 wrote: »
    Nope! I dont want someone ruining my rep. My name my rep. Get your own.

This right here. Some folks will snatch a name and pretend to be the old player returned to the game. Opens up the ability for all kinds of shenanigans.
  • Sure, but this game is 18 years old. There are a lot of cool names used by people who have not played in forever.

It would be pretty easy to see based on class and RR if they are trying to pretend to be a player from 15 years ago.
  • stewbeedoo wrote: »
    Sure, but this game is 18 years old. There are a lot of cool names used by people who have not played in forever.

It would be pretty easy to see based on class and RR if they are trying to pretend to be a player from 15 years ago.

Name respec's exist. Same class, similar rr, it wouldnt be hard. Besides, RR5 was a big deal a decade ago, happens in a week now.
  • Wanna keep your name kool login every 6-12 months. Shouldn’t be any rewards for playing the Bird...
  • No, get a little creative it's not hard to name a character.
    Impounded - Warrior__________Gimpound - Champion
    Chantsy - Paladin____________Shaquilleoatmeal - Berserker
    Cowtastrophe - Hero__________Shrimpsticks - Infiltrator

Feel free to add me on Discord: Impounded#5743

>Daoc Videos<
  • Why would ya even make a name after someone else’s. No to this.
  • Wanna keep your name kool login every 6 to 12 months.... LOOOL fatboi wants to pose as someone else guis! Lol
  • Hard no. Especially with Endless Conquest on the horizon.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • Maybe hes own rep isnt good enough....
  • Pay once every 6-12 months or the name goes up for grabs no refuge for playing the Bird
  • Seems like it would create more problems than it would solve. If Broadsword wanted money they could just create a mythril payment where you could broadcast opponent death spam in region (one time kill- maybe even if the player wasn't logged in, just kill spam, or have their body appear at your feet) The player could even be logged in playing and not have anything happen to their toon. Like a shadow/doppleganger kill.

I know I'd probably pay to have saki death spam every time he vanished and ran away on me.
  • Koe wrote: »
    Seems like it would create more problems than it would solve. If Broadsword wanted money they could just create a mythril payment where you could broadcast opponent death spam in region (one time kill- maybe even if the player wasn't logged in, just kill spam, or have their body appear at your feet) The player could even be logged in playing and not have anything happen to their toon. Like a shadow/doppleganger kill.

I know I'd probably pay to have saki death spam every time he vanished and ran away on me.

wat
  • Koe wrote: »
    Seems like it would create more problems than it would solve. If Broadsword wanted money they could just create a mythril payment where you could broadcast opponent death spam in region (one time kill- maybe even if the player wasn't logged in, just kill spam, or have their body appear at your feet) The player could even be logged in playing and not have anything happen to their toon. Like a shadow/doppleganger kill.

..... What in the actual **** did I just read?
    Impounded - Warrior__________Gimpound - Champion
    Chantsy - Paladin____________Shaquilleoatmeal - Berserker
    Cowtastrophe - Hero__________Shrimpsticks - Infiltrator

Feel free to add me on Discord: Impounded#5743

>Daoc Videos<
  • Impounded wrote: »
    Koe wrote: »

..... What in the actual **** did I just read?

Nonsense.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • Hahah, wondering what name OP wants that is unavailable. Who’s name you trying to get now?
  • Imalittleteapot?
  • Copycat may refer to a person who adopts, copies, imitates, mimics, or follows the same thing as someone. For example, a child who adopts the behavior, style or does exactly the same as another child might be called a copycat.....
  • He wants Stealthzerger but as a visi toon!!
  • Don’t need any names just a way to get $ for them...