Appeal System Overview

edited October 2021 in Support Forum
How do I use the appeal system?
To open an appeal, type ‘/appeal’ ingame, followed by the text that you want to submit. When you are done, hit enter. Pick the correct category in the window that pops up, and follow the instructions on-screen.
Make sure to open the appeal with the character that you need assistance with. Is this not possible, please open the appeal with a different character on the same account, and make sure to list the exact name of the character you need assistance with as well as the server it is on. Always provide a brief description of the issue, and list all information necessary. If you need assistance with a specific quest, remember to list the name of the quest.
If you want to cancel your appeal, type ‘/cancelappeal’.

Which issues can the appeal system assist me with?
As a general rule of thumb: all issues that have to do with the game itself only. This includes issues with quests, missing items, deleted characters, problems with housing etc. It does not include account or technical issues (read on to find out where to go with such issues).

What information do I have to put into the ticket?
Support needs to know what you need assistance with, and with which character, so if possible, open the ticket with the character in question. If you open the ticket with a different character, make sure to include the name and server of the character you need assistance with. Provide a brief description that contains all information necessary to understand the issue. If you need assistance with a certain quest or item, make sure to mention the exact name. If your appeal did not contain enough information for support to assist you, you will most likely receive an email asking you to submit a new appeal containing more information on the issue.

Do I have to stay online?
If you provided enough information for support to understand the issue and have all the details, in most cases they can resolve the issue while you are offline, or playing a different character.

I want to report another player for violating the rules.
Open an appeal as described above, and classify it as “Violation Report”. Make sure to include the exact name of the player you want to report, and to include a brief description of what you observed. Our CSR team will then investigate the issue. It is not necessary to open more than one appeal on the same issue and player. Please understand that you will not be informed about the outcome of the investigation on the reported player due to our privacy policy.

Where to go when I need assistance with my account?
All account related issues need to go to our Account Support Team. You cannot contact them via the appeal system. To contact our Account Support Team, please send an email to support@darkageofcamelot.com. Ideally, you contact them from the email associated with your game account. Make sure to list your account name, secret word, and a brief description of the issue. Do not send them your password. Neither the Account Support Team, nor the In-game Customer Support Team will ever ask you for your password. Never give your password to anyone!

Where to go when I need assistance with a technical issue?
All technical issues need to go to our Technical Support Team. You cannot contact them via the appeal system. To contact our Techncial Support Team, please send an email to support@darkageofcamelot.com. Ideally, you contact them from the email associated with your game account. Make sure to list your account name, secret word, and a brief description of the issue.

Where do I go when I found a bug?
To report a bug, please type ‘/appeal’ followed by the description of the issue you want to report. When you are done, hit enter. Pick the Bug Report category in the window that pops up, and follow the instructions.

Please note: You will never be contacted on a Bug Report. These go directly to our Quality Assurance Team. When in doubt if the issue you are experiencing is truly a bug, please open an Emergency Appeal.

How do I submit feedback?
All feedback needs to go to the feedback form, which you can find here: http://darkageofcamelot.com/contact
Please understand that the In-game Customer Support cannot field feedback. Submitting feedback via the Appeal System will result in your voice not being heard.

I think the action taken against my account was unfair. How do I dispute this?
All communication regarding actions taken against an account needs to go to our Dispute Team. The Community Team or Customer Support Team cannot assist you in such cases. To contact the Dispute Team, please send an email to dispute@darkageofcamelot.com from the email associated with your actioned game account. Make sure to include a brief description of the issue, your account name and secret word.

Is there a number I can call?
No. Support operates via appeal and email only.

What languages are supported?
You can contact the In-game Customer Support Team, the Account Support Team and the Technical Support Team in English and German.

Support FAQ

How will Customer Support contact me?
They will either contact you directly ingame, or via email. If you were not contacted ingame, please always check the inbox of the email associated with your game account. Make sure to check the spam folder as well! Emails from the Customer Support Team will always come from do-not-reply@broadsword.com.
Important: We are currently experiencing difficulties to receive and send to emails hosted by Microsoft (including, but not limited to Microsoft, MSN, Live, Outlook, Hotmail). We strongly recommend not using an email address hosted with them with your Dark Age of Camelot account. Customer Support can only contact you on the email linked to your account. It is recommended to change the linked email if it is hosted by any Microsoft email provider. From experience, Gmail and Yahoo are providers working well with our services.

Where can I get help with a gameplay related question?
Gameplay related questions are not covered by our Customer Support Teams. Please check the various online resources such as the Camelot Herald, or ask your fellow players on this forum or the official Discord server!

I reported a player for violating the rules. I still see them playing. Why is nothing done about it?
Just because you still see the player around does not mean that nothing has been done about it. You will not be informed about any actions being taken against another player. Also, the actions taken against an account vary in severity, and not all violations will result in a direct suspension or even termination of an account.

I have screenshots or a video that show someone violating the rules. Where do I submit these?
Please email them to daoc@broadsword.com. Make sure to include a brief description of your observations!

Can I open an appeal on behalf of a friend?
No. Appeals need to come from the person who needs assistance.
Post edited by Lea_Broadsword on
DAoC German Community Admin
Broadsword Online Games

Shileahs Camelot-Kompendium - DAoC-Infos auf Deutsch
Shileah of House Dara, the First of Her name, the Unressed, Master of Stickloss, Queen of Inc-Screams, Purge-Fails and lost Line of Sight, Breaker of Mezz, Mother of Doggos
Tagged:
This discussion has been closed.