Schamy Class Bug report

I tried myself the schaman and even with rr2 I noticed with various bugs, that this class is over the top OP.
I specced MOC1 because I know, MOC doesnt reduce the strength or duration of D-buffs and buffs which was my mainly goal. BUT then i noticed that the Main-Dot that ticks every 1.01 sec DOTs not with 25% damage...not even 75% like with MOC5...it hits for 100% damage. Next day...500 000 RPs later I got the most OP RR5 ability it is the most boring class.

2. The Phaseshift 50 cave ability doenst proc every 2 sec for 50 damage. it procs every sec 5X 50 damage. its like a little bomb...but i am in phaseshift.

Comments

• edited January 2019 PM
    I have never played a shaman, but have seen many well played shamans destroy mulitple players many times. I agree that they need to be toned down a bit. Having dots that tick every second destroys people, then throw in their frigs heal and mele reflect spells and they are tough as hell to deal with.

I was told that MoC also doesn't effect the heal on frigs, but I could be mistaken on that.
    Post edited by RonELuvv on
  • edited January 2019 PM
    You don't need to moc frigs it's a Insta, the 1s dot with full damage with moc is a bug from cursed set take it off and moc1 the baseline dot it does 25% damage

The reflect is easy to deal with if they aren't mocced carry a lv1 weapon for interrupting while it's up. If they are mocced sadly you have to just hope to kite it out.
    Shamans have 1 single target Insta root if they are specced for the yellow hot/reflect.

Personally I don't think they are that great or near oped
    Post edited by Boduke on
    Bodukejr- hunter
    Thegenerallee-shadowblade
    Misleadinglooks-warrior

Grumblejr-hero
    Danceswithdebuffs-champion
    Faatkid-druid
  • I freely admit they could just be a horrible matchup vs my ranger, but I have seen several really good shamans whip the crap out of multiples like Necro's used to (pre-nerf). Sure, many will say that its just a few great players doing this, but they have alot of toys. Also, I wasn't for sure on frigs, I just remember a buddy of mine saying something about a heal spell they used with MoC1 that dealt normal heals. I thought it was frigs, but apparently I was wrong on that. Also, I'm sorry, but that set bonus is WAY to op'd. Having poisons ticking on you every second is horrible, and if they crit one time then all the ticks after will crit. I will admit that with the new pulsing effect on reflect its not as bad as before, but I still think they need to tone down the dmg return on it OR make it so you can't move when its cast or it drops. It's basically a 15 second focus shield that allows them to keep running around and doing other things while its up. That isn't a fair ability. On the flip side, I do like your idea of running around with a low level weapon to switch out, but I shouldn't have to run with a level 1 weapon to switch out when fighting in lvl 50 RvR.
  • Don't get me wrong I understand they have alot of toys but suffer same fate as most casters with 1 form of cc, once your on top of them they have to have timers or they aren't doing much of anything other than taking a bit to kill. Best way to understand the enemy and it's weakness is to try it for yourself. I tried the shaman got it to rr5 but felt it was timer dependent and very lackluster vs multi.

The 1 thing I agree with is that the set bonus is over the top on shaman it would be perfectly acceptable on my natty druid tho!
    Bodukejr- hunter
    Thegenerallee-shadowblade
    Misleadinglooks-warrior

Grumblejr-hero
    Danceswithdebuffs-champion
    Faatkid-druid
  • I templated my bot a while ago. I will try and run around solo a little. If I can kill people, then it must be op’d and need to be looked at
  • edited January 2019 PM
    It's the fact that armor give the close to a 100% bonus to damage (closer to 65-80% from set bonus most of the time), only needing moc 1 means lots of rps spent to increase damage, a reflection spell that makes melee useless for 15 sec, and ways to heal and cc that are instant cast and might as well reset the battle (but your dieing to that dot). Also the fact that they senergize so well with most mid classes doesn't help there opness. And that most of there fights feel very un dark age like and kind of wow/reflection pally in deoblo like.. no matter if I was afk for half the fight I will win on my sham (and it's not even that much of a fun win).

Atlest having more shaman in a group don't increase damage that much though, unlike the light tank or necro balace a while a go)
    Post edited by rocketait on
  • I did not say nerf the class in their abilities. I said FIX the bugs. MoC1=25% damage and not 100. And fix the cave Phaseshift that ticks for 200 damage area a sec.
  • I soloed my Sham from rr1-5 and it was easy cheese mode. Short of eating a big time PA melee classes were very hard pressed to beat me 1v1.

Very broken class....fun as hell for a bit when playing it...but when you sit back and thing about the game as whole...its is a broken class.
  • I templated mine and solo'd for a bit. I didnt find it as easy cheese as many say. I think my playstyle doenst play into this though. I'm not a fan of bow-town. I think that set 1v1 in any area goes against the grain of the game. Not trying to step on any toes, but thats just the way "i" feel about it. Thats why we all pay a subscription. You're free to play how you want. That being said, i'm legitimately interested in how individuals solo'd. @Mace80 . Just a call out since you had some luck on yours. I get the huge PA knocking you down. Other than that, how did you deal with multiples when timers were down (insta root, moc, etc.?) Not trying to criticize anyones playstyle etc. I just didnt see shaman as the rvr beast that a lot point out. (Quite possilbe that i just suck at the class :wink: ). I did like the comment someone made to try it before you comment though.
  • Sleepwell, I don't do the bow stuff either...drives me nuts. And actually bow town stuff isn't good for Shams because of the LOS issues when kiting. That said, you do bring up a very important point... they are somewhat timer dependent. The timer on reflection shield is very short so that isn't a huge deal but the insta roots, moc etc....yea they need to be up. Multiples are hard but I'd argue just as hard as on most solo toons when up against multiples. Also, the rr5 makes multiples much easier.... rr5 + Moc + reflection shield will win against 2-3

I had success camping Beno docks from Taco Bell.... I could jump all over solos and pull them out to kite them. I also got a lot of people headed to and from bow towns, doing rubble and at EV docks.
  • Thanks @Mace80 . Im sure i don't play the class to near its utility, but maybe i wasnt terrible. I did get some solo kills, but hearing you comment that there is a lot of timer dependency makes me feel a little better. If moc and purge was down, then i was typically just a tasty little snack for duos/trios and most well played solo's. With moc and purge up, i could defintely drop a few. I'm just not a fan of camping timers. If i had to wait 10 mins between fights, i'd probably end up watching the new netflix series or something instead of playing. Others are completely fine camping timers. Id say that the majority of well played Shamans play through timers and do well, then they do exceptionally well when their timers are up. Out of 100 active shaman, how many would you say play exceptional though? 10%? more, less?
  • Perhaps it is just me but I've found the solo game (unless you go to the bow towns) has slowed to the point where I find fights maybe every 5-8 minutes if i'm lucky. If I'm good about only using the timers that I absolutely need then I tend to have a least one of my big toys up every fight. I probably do play a slower pace than you're looking for though. I take frequent afks due to the kids and wife agro lol.

At lower rr ..yea you basically have to timer burst on every fight.
  • Yeah. It’s not just you. Most don’t have to wait out timers, depending on where you’re hunting. You’ll probably get murcdered by a stealth Zerg and not need to blow any timers before you find a soloable fight.
  • Well, I can say that I play a RR 11L8 shaman and I'm spec'd 50 cave. I have been 50 cave since the game came out and lots has changed for the shaman. We've been nerfed many times and we have had some increases come our way too. At this time, since I've come back to the game and been playing my shaman nonstop. I don't feel she is as powerful as she used to be. Yes, the sage gear helps out a great deal with the 1.1 ticks but if I don't have my toys up then I'm for sure a dead person. I can kite and root just as well as some of the best but when you have archers, tics or any other class beating/casting on you that is why we have our toys. I have noticed that the 50 line blight surge doesn't always tic like it should. I'm lucky sometimes if it even works. Most of the time you can see the red aura cast on the bad guys if 3/5 times but nothing else. I think no matter what class there will always be someone wanting a nerf for a class. Just like I think tics need nerf but that's my opinion just like everyone has theirs.

Shamans RR5 ability is very nice to have I use it for my group. If you use RR5 and Vehemoth renewal/wild healing in RA line and get a crit with the vehemoth renewal then I become like a healer for several sec. Its all about how you spec the shaman and what RA's you spec into to make your shaman more damage sufficient or more healing sufficient or whatever. Most shams run aug/mend for the shears/endo and back up heals/dots. I just now have noticed more 50 cavers coming out of the shadows.
    Trust me I get my kills nightly but I also will die a good bit too specially when my toys are down. Just like a healer with purge that gets mezzed and purge is down. He cant demezz himself or group so he spec's higher purge and higher toys to benefit his play style and to keep his group alive. Every class will feel like they need a nerf when u die to certain class.
    AS for the dots Yorkeys, yes the baseline dot is nice when it hits for what its suppose too. I have sat at the testing dummies and tested on people and it doesn't always tic like it should. I run Aug Acuity/Dex, Wild power 9 and Mom 9 with many other Ra's to increase my damage. Its all about spec and RA's. I do agree that there is bugs going on but it hasn't stopped me from playing or killing anyone. Anyway not sure if this helps as its all my opinion and like I said every1 has their own.