We need to make self buffs last longer

edited August 2020 in General Board
With all the items and pots you need to cycle thru i think its time BS makes all self buffs last 30 minutes. It would make the game more enjoyable for current, returning players and new players.
Post edited by Sepphiroth75 on

Comments

• define self buffs i think we might be thinking to different things
  • CL line buffs and casted buffs from spec lines
  • I thought those were already 20+ minutes. Why do you need it to be longer lol?
  • stackable potion use would be nice. Nothing wrong with that... self buffs can't have a forever-timer because then you might as well make them passive abilities which is boring
  • There are too many buffs,items that you need to keep up. Im use to it but how would a new or returning player from 2005 do? Its too much. Popping uses is fine but the constant buffing Is annoying
  • Yep, they need to extend pots to 20-30 minutes at times when I roam I refresh pots 1-2-3 times before a fight. It's just a quality of life thing at this point.
    Bodukejr- hunter
    Thegenerallee-shadowblade
    Misleadinglooks-warrior

Grumblejr-hero
    Danceswithdebuffs-champion
    Faatkid-druid
  • I'm all for double tapping potions for them to last twice as long except supremacy potions of course. Everything else is fine, imo.
  • With all the items and pots you need to cycle thru i think its time BS makes all self buffs last 30 minutes. It would make the game more enjoyable for current, returning players and new players.

One of the main reasons i'm not playing. I'm sure no one gives a hoot, but 10 min. buffs with a 25% duration enhancement in temp giving 12.5 min. per buff, is tiresome and grueling.
    If we (Solo) got some love, I think the numbers would increase.= Fun! But John has been behind the curve for years. Love this game, but running around trying to find something to kill and just having to keep buffing is insane! To hell with 20-30 mins. I want 60 min buffs duration. Then a non issue. :o
  • There are too many buffs,items that you need to keep up. Im use to it but how would a new or returning player from 2005 do? Its too much. Popping uses is fine but the constant buffing Is annoying

I have 3 q-bars of buffs, completely insane. Need to make them compact somehow. Stack-able. Timers are out of hand and really not playable.

I have 3 q-bars of buffs, completely insane. Need to make them compact somehow. Stack-able. Timers are out of hand and really not playable.

What class are you playing that requires 3 bars of buffs?
  • I think the buffs and reuse timers are good the way they are
  • With all the items and pots you need to cycle thru i think its time BS makes all self buffs last 30 minutes. It would make the game more enjoyable for current, returning players and new players.

One of the main reasons i'm not playing. I'm sure no one gives a hoot, but 10 min. buffs with a 25% duration enhancement in temp giving 12.5 min. per buff, is tiresome and grueling.
    If we (Solo) got some love, I think the numbers would increase.= Fun! But John has been behind the curve for years. Love this game, but running around trying to find something to kill and just having to keep buffing is insane! To hell with 20-30 mins. I want 60 min buffs duration. Then a non issue. :o

So you have a point here but just timing stuff seems to be not so bad.

Actually all my solo chars have the OW belt simply because right now it doesn't use charges. It's not a money thing, it's a ease of use thing. If you didn't have to recharge your stuff it would be helpful. The action seems to be your major frustration. I think time of year and rp bonus leaving are factors there.
  • KatKat
    edited August 2020 PM
    BS shouldn't make any changes that would benefit stealth zergers.
    Post edited by Kat on
  • edited August 2020 PM
    After giving the OP more thought I think there is SO many little QoL changes @Broadsword can make and it can start with potions... why the hell not!?! increase the timer to 15min, what is it going to hurt?

Also, why weren't restoration pots and nereid pots made into Cauldrons with x99 uses? So many ridiculously stupid little issues that would be just so refreshing and could happen overnight but na...

Also, while on the topic of potions and timers etc... inventory space has been a big issue for all players and has been talked about for years... Why do subscribing players have to get BUGGANE POTION every month when they could simply right-click a NPC in relic town and get the buff on log-in... Why do I need to stockpile these dumb potions which have only 35 charges I don't get it makes zero sense...

And another thing... Otherworldly essences are an atrocity... removing them 1 by 1 and /using them is disgusting why would a game developer allow such a low QoL for it's users? On top of that, I have about 3k omni heal/regen/tenacity essences and 0-20 celerity/supremacy esssences at any time... JUST MORE INVENTORY SPACE THAT IS NOT NEEDED!! Easy fix? Sure! Make a merchant where you can buy essences with your otherworldly flora that you collect. BOOM, no more taking 20 minutes to unstack in inventory and get more slots taken up by bullcrap you don't need...

Rare Alch Ingredients: Same thing as OW essences... I have over 1k of probably 4/8 of the ingredients because when they made the "new" potions craft-able somehow they thought it would be an even usage of these ingredients or something... All they did now was cause demand to skyrocket while supply for certain ingredients is non-existent and the cost is crazy (Edit here... I actually am not against the high demand and low supply of supremacy/celerity potions and such.. they shouldn't be a dime a dozen and you should need to do some legwork or have some money if you want a steady supply... but my main point here is why do i have so much extra other ingredients)
    Post edited by Armagedden on
  • Armagedden wrote: »
    After giving the OP more thought I think there is SO many little QoL changes @Broadsword can make and it can start with potions... why the hell not!?! increase the timer to 15min, what is it going to hurt?

Also, why weren't restoration pots and nereid pots made into Cauldrons with x99 uses? So many ridiculously stupid little issues that would be just so refreshing and could happen overnight but na...

Also, while on the topic of potions and timers etc... inventory space has been a big issue for all players and has been talked about for years... Why do subscribing players have to get BUGGANE POTION every month when they could simply right-click a NPC in relic town and get the buff on log-in... Why do I need to stockpile these dumb potions which have only 35 charges I don't get it makes zero sense...

And another thing... Otherworldly essences are an atrocity... removing them 1 by 1 and /using them is disgusting why would a game developer allow such a low QoL for it's users? On top of that, I have about 3k omni heal/regen/tenacity essences and 0-20 celerity/supremacy esssences at any time... JUST MORE INVENTORY SPACE THAT IS NOT NEEDED!! Easy fix? Sure! Make a merchant where you can buy essences with your otherworldly flora that you collect. BOOM, no more taking 20 minutes to unstack in inventory and get more slots taken up by bullcrap you don't need...

Rare Alch Ingredients: Same thing as OW essences... I have over 1k of probably 4/8 of the ingredients because when they made the "new" potions craft-able somehow they thought it would be an even usage of these ingredients or something... All they did now was cause demand to skyrocket while supply for certain ingredients is non-existent and the cost is crazy (Edit here... I actually am not against the high demand and low supply of supremacy/celerity potions and such.. they shouldn't be a dime a dozen and you should need to do some legwork or have some money if you want a steady supply... but my main point here is why do i have so much extra other ingredients)

+1

I would love to see these kind of QoL adjustments.
  • Agreed X 1000

well put!

Thank you for doing a better job than me at asking for these changes.
  • yes, i'm all for self buffs lasting 30 minutes ... oh wait, you weren't talking about the savage self buffs oO ? :dizzy:
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • The point of self buffs being timered vs concentration is that they eventually expire.
    Making them last too long would basically be making them conc buffs. 20 mins (Plus duration) is fine.
    Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters

+1
    "...the best thing to do if you disagree (or agree) isn't to ask us why (which is rhetorical)...." -John_Broadsword
    "the patch [1.127] is later this year" -Carol_Broadsword, aka "constable paddy biehbien of the **** local community Enforcement force "
    send a message with your wallet
  • DaRedANT wrote: »
    The point of self buffs being timered vs concentration is that they eventually expire.
    Making them last too long would basically be making them conc buffs. 20 mins (Plus duration) is fine.

Exactly. We have to be careful here because some buffs shouldn't be endless. Classes that have those timered abilities are that way because they are a buff/ability... can't have everything up all the time, but considering the low pop and long time between fights I can't see why we can't start with upping the potion timer a little bit. QoL... QoL...