Daily RvR group quest

Hi!

Since there is a solo quest I think there should be a group quest also where you dont get kill credit unless your group gets 80% of the RP credit or whatever. This would give people more reason to run groups that are not following the zerg and it wouldnt kill the experience for the zerg lovers in any way.

Just an attempt to revive the full group roaming.

Comments

• SymSym
    edited April 2018 PM
    Even as a hard core 8v8er, there is nothing wrong with Zerg RvR. It’s the most immersion you can get for a “realm war”.

And it keeps new players interested and subscribing :))

Us 8 mans just team up to take the zergs out, no big deal.
    Post edited by Sym on
    Symonde (Cleric)
    Symfriar (Friar duh)
    Symsorc (Double duh)
    Sympets (Theurg)
    Symmond (Arms)
    Some random mids and hibs
  • Fully support this, it might even lead to some groups unsticking the zerg and enyoy it.
  • edited April 2018 PM
    Sorry Sym but I fail to see your point? This thread is about introducing a group kill quest with something like 20 kills per day to give casuals a reason to unstick the zerg every now and then. Just because there is a solo quest it doesnt mean that we see support players being forced to solo every day.

The main problem is not that there are zergs. The problem is that sometimes there is literally 0 8vs8 action because everyone started zerging for RPs now. 3 zerg friendly quests and massive keep RP bonus makes it completely pointless for the AVERAGE player to not just follow the zerg. Maybe they Enjoy group action but they wont like it if all they ever get to play 8vs8 against are hardcore set groups.
    I have made random groups with almost every English speaking person in midgard that is active by now. I wish I got 1P for every time I hear someone say that they Enjoy fair group vs group action more but its just so troublesome for them to find. Im a returning player and I have to say that making RPs has never promoted zerging near this much back in the days. So is it really too much to ask for just one daily Quest per day that promotes some group action? Or are we trying to kill 8 man roaming entirely?
    Post edited by Chamie on
  • @Civer

OMG u guys still at it? Nice!

• I'd love a 8vs8 focused quest :)
  • Honestly it's not worth the effort...if an 8 kills a 7, does that count? If an 8 runs over a solo does that count? If an 8 kills 16 do those count? Frankly, the way the quests works now encourages 8's to run over small's and solos <and zergs to, etc -- > -- I cant see how they construct an actual 8 v 8 quest that = the amount of effort given all they want/need/would like to do.
  • Xyorman wrote: »
    Honestly it's not worth the effort...if an 8 kills a 7, does that count? If an 8 runs over a solo does that count? If an 8 kills 16 do those count? Frankly, the way the quests works now encourages 8's to run over small's and solos <and zergs to, etc -- > -- I cant see how they construct an actual 8 v 8 quest that = the amount of effort given all they want/need/would like to do.

I see your point, but I agree with OP, I haven't ran 8 since classic but I do think if the pugs/ggs ect had more incentive to fight each other they wouldn't have to run docks/mazes solo zones ect., because they could fight other equal numbers. Obviously gank groups will still run, always have but I believe itd be much less than it is now. Not only that, but maybe this would bring the 8's back to EV, also BG would possibly do more rwm battles this way, resulting in less zerg bombing / rolling an 8 w/zerg ect. Could also make it so small man/trio would find more even fighting in mazes/docks with less threat of getting rolled by 8 while giving more options than running over soloers .. I don't think anyone likes having no choice but to fight uneven numbers.

Really good suggestion i think :)
    ~Shard Junkie~
    Mother of Trolls
  • @Moradan

We didn´t play for nearly 8 years. But we are back since a few months.
  • edited April 2018 PM
    Xyorman wrote: »
    Honestly it's not worth the effort...if an 8 kills a 7, does that count? If an 8 runs over a solo does that count? If an 8 kills 16 do those count? Frankly, the way the quests works now encourages 8's to run over small's and solos <and zergs to, etc -- > -- I cant see how they construct an actual 8 v 8 quest that = the amount of effort given all they want/need/would like to do.

Its not an 8vs8 only quest. Any group works. The only rule is that your own group needs to get 80% of the RP credit of a kill.
    So let´s say an add comes and does damage to leech off 10% of the RPs but your group still gets 90%, then you get credit. Another scenario where one group gets 60% and 2 others 20% each would not give credit.

So its really a very simple concept, solo quests work in a similar way.
    So just to clarify, in theory you could do this in a zerg aswell but if its lets say 20 kills you need its gonna take you a long time to get it in a zerg since a lot of the times there will be other people hitting the same target as you.
    Post edited by Chamie on
  • I think it's a solid idea. No point in trying to downplay it. It can help with 8 man and small man, so not against it.

All I can laugh at though, as a returning player, is how few in the 8v8 scene will ever let "outsiders" into their "club". I ran with many 8 mans over the years since playing and when I return I don't know anyone and thus can't get a group. Then, end up leaving out of frustration.

There have been a couple since coming back this time that have been VERY helpful but 95% of the (ever shrinking) 8v8 population don't even know me or would not consider me for their group. Something like this won't change that mentality.
  • Wik wrote: »
    I think it's a solid idea. No point in trying to downplay it. It can help with 8 man and small man, so not against it.

All I can laugh at though, as a returning player, is how few in the 8v8 scene will ever let "outsiders" into their "club". I ran with many 8 mans over the years since playing and when I return I don't know anyone and thus can't get a group. Then, end up leaving out of frustration.

There have been a couple since coming back this time that have been VERY helpful but 95% of the (ever shrinking) 8v8 population don't even know me or would not consider me for their group. Something like this won't change that mentality.

Yeah I made a post about this in another thread. I´m thinking of maybe trying to host some weekly event called "8vs8 draft" I can make a thread about the idea later =).
  • edited April 2018 PM
    I can also add that I just came back to the game after 8 years and everyone I used to know in the game are way gone. Well actually there is one guy but he doesnt play primetime.

I have been back for 1 and a half month now and I went from being a total stranger to being a part of this closed 8vs8 club now and even joined a set group. I have to be honest, I had to fight REALLY hard for it to earn my respect and I was met with a lot of toxic comments and flames on my way there. At one point I almost gave up but Im a stubborn bastard.

I started out with lfg chat groups, people use voice coms even in random groups these days so it goes pretty fast to get to know people. Eventually I got to know a couple of people this way who seemed to work better than others to group with and then I could start being the leader for the group. I was also playing pac healer most of the time so that obviously helped the leading part. I made sure to try and avoid zerging, groups with side cars etc and stick to groups that had max 8 players.
    I had a policy of never adding on any ongoing fg vs fg fights and instead look for my own (in some cases I obviously broke this policy). For me this was normal since I came from pryd / exc cluster where not adding and not zerging was the normal thing to do, at least on the island (I cant remember one case of island zerging on pryd/exc, maybe if some keep raiding bg went there to cross from one frontier to another).
    I noticed that some people did not repay the favour, some of them set groups. So I contacted these set groups and asked why they added on my fights and told them that I always let them fight. They explained to me that the no adding mentality doesnt exist here unless there is a mutual agreement. So I made such agreements and later I got invited to the 8vs8 discord channel.

Of course it didnt end there. I wasnt always leading in my groups and sometimes I randomly ended up with people who did side caring and even one time 2 fgs on stick. Even though I warned in the discord chat with "hey I´m in this random group tonight not leading so feel free to add on my fights." I would sometimes still get flamed like hell.
    One group that was extremly helpful with guiding players into the 8vs8 scene though was fanatic. They told me many things and also adviced me of certain people within the 8vs8 community that I should introduce myself to for stand-in spots. I did this and eventually people started responding to my messages and gave me and chance and very soon after that I was invited to a set group and had several other groups offering me stand-in spots.

So yeah... pretty long story but as mentioned this took only about 1 month to go from complete nobody to getting into the 8vs8 community. But I´m still gonna have to say that it was a lot harder to get there than I expected it to be, I thought it was gonna be easy since I had so much experience from 8vs8 back in the days. Then again, that experience was from 2003-2008 :).

However, I think it´s important to see it from the 8vs8 elite groups perspective. On EU primetime they mostly get to fight ONLY against really hardcore set groups or groups that dont exactly follow the max 8 players per group code. For this reason, having one failing link can be so huge that their whole night will consist of dying over and over again without ever killing anything. If the developers actually did something to revive 8vs8 in the game then maybe they would loosen up a little bit, who knows.
    Post edited by Chamie on
  • this zerg quests are realy a joke
    put one quest for every playstyle
    solo smallman 8man zerg

and not 3 of them for zerg...
  • They already have this. Its called roaming with friends. It works for any group of 2 or more. Really think about what you are asking for. Lets say they put in a duo, trio, fourman, all the way up to 8 man. Now you don't think 90% of the population would not have all of those quests? Now you would have people still trying to complete 8 different quests, all would still be doable in a zerg, and all you would be doing is making it to where people could earn 160k+ rps a day in missions alone instead of 20k for doing roaming with friends. Yes, I know most wouldn't complete all 8 missions every day, but some would, and those that complete tasks on zergs would still do that. They would not just join yhe zerg with different #'s on their group and keep changing group size in zerg to complete multiple missions.

That sounds like a horrible idea to me. It works fine as is. No reason to add 7 more tasks when 1 already accomplishes this.
  • asoaso
    edited April 2018 PM
    dont add, replace the current quests

they should work the same way like the solo quest
    if the target gets more then 10% dmg from a person outside the group, it should not count the kill

solo quest:
    kill 8 ppl solo

smallman quest
    kill 15 ppl with a group not more then 4 members.

8man quest
    kill 25 ppl with a group not more then 8 members.

zerg quest
    kill enemy realm players at keep sieges

add titles for these playstyles
    Post edited by aso on
  • edited April 2018 PM
    Yeah I have to agree with aso here. It just doesnt make any sense that 3 of the quests should only require you to touch the target to kill a kill credit ;/.
    I really like what he suggested, looks good.
    Post edited by Chamie on
  • The quests are sort of goofy, but I appreciate the idea behind.

I spent some time zerg surfing today and got three of those daily quests done with ease. Actually doing them yourself in a solo/smallman is much harder by magnitudes.

I like Aso's idea.
  • edited April 2018 PM
    RonELuvv wrote: »
    They already have this. Its called roaming with friends. It works for any group of 2 or more. Really think about what you are asking for. Lets say they put in a duo, trio, fourman, all the way up to 8 man. Now you don't think 90% of the population would not have all of those quests? Now you would have people still trying to complete 8 different quests, all would still be doable in a zerg, and all you would be doing is making it to where people could earn 160k+ rps a day in missions alone instead of 20k for doing roaming with friends. Yes, I know most wouldn't complete all 8 missions every day, but some would, and those that complete tasks on zergs would still do that. They would not just join yhe zerg with different #'s on their group and keep changing group size in zerg to complete multiple missions.

That sounds like a horrible idea to me. It works fine as is. No reason to add 7 more tasks when 1 already accomplishes this.

^^
    Edited to add that small and 8's can also complete the daily at Bugg and the keep quest by simply roaming around a flamed keep picking off aggressors or defenders, whichever the case, if they choose to do so. Sounds a bit greedy imo.
    Post edited by Areir on
  • Areir wrote: »

^^
    Edited to add that small and 8's can also complete the daily at Bugg and the keep quest by simply roaming around a flamed keep picking off aggressors or defenders, whichever the case, if they choose to do so. Sounds a bit greedy imo.

This is actually a lot harder to do these days than it used to be although not impossible ofc. The reason is that zergs are much more together nowadays than they used to be. Sometimes there are even zergs with voice com.
  • Make 2 Bg's, 1 for 4 man's and 1 for 8 man's. BS please make this happen so the bickering will stop.
  • edited April 2018 PM
    Oh so now they should do a 4 man, an 8 man, and a zerg quest? What about groups that prefer running duo, trio, 5 man, 6 man, and 7 man? Now those players get screwed. Where do you draw the line?

Also, people say how much easier it is to complete tasks in zergs but fail to mention that you normally get WAY less rp's for the actual kills. I've ran with a zerg amd got 300 kills worth rp's amd earned 8k rps. Those small man groups and 8 mans get alot more rp's for getting those 25 kills than people running a zerg. The current quests are fine. Anyone in a group of 2 or more can complete roaming, bugganes, and siege quests. Yes, it's harder to do with lower #'s, just like EVERYTHING in this game. If you want to play duo-8 man to complete tasks you accept that it will be harder than if you join the zerg, but you will also earn more rp's for doing the same thing. It would be like me saying they should make solo play easier since groups can earn rp's faster than me solo, but that is MY choice to play solo. If I want easier faster rp's than I can group.
    Post edited by RonELuvv on