[1.125 feedback] Increased cost of bounty scrolls hurts new and returning players!

SymSym
edited October 2018 in General Board
The 1.125 pend update now has greater bounty scrolls for 10k BPs. Before they were 2000. A new player needs to get about 17 of these scrolls to go CL1-15. As it stands now, with Buggane’s or lone wolf you can get 5-7k BPs per supply quest (10 mins). Now it will take 170k BPs to purchase 17 scrolls and a new player will have to wait several days to get the BPs thus get CL15.

This hurts new players because currently you can go CL1-15 in about 2 hours running boxes. Now this takes several days as a side effect. Please consider this when changing BP merchant prices.
  1. Is this ok?17 votes
    1. Yes let them suffer
        5.88%
    2. No way keep it the old way!
      94.12%
Post edited by Sym on
Symonde (Cleric)
Symfriar (Friar duh)
Symsorc (Double duh)
Sympets (Theurg)
Symmond (Arms)
Some random mids and hibs

Comments

• I figured the new xp scrolls would scale with the bps... is that not the case?
  • edited October 2018 PM
    [removed]
    Post edited by Carol_Broadsword on
    Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters
  • not entirely sure why they need to change the way BP's are awarded.

Why not just keep things the way they are and price things accordingly?

who cares if people with 500k bps will be able to get 3-4 items on a toon that they cannot trade or sell it. ffs they earned it !
  • SymSym
    edited October 2018 PM
    I don’t think they scale after level 50. They still reward one full CL level per scroll during CL1-10 and 50% during CL11-15.
    Post edited by Sym on
    Symonde (Cleric)
    Symfriar (Friar duh)
    Symsorc (Double duh)
    Sympets (Theurg)
    Symmond (Arms)
  • If it’s not broken why attempt to fix it...
  • It is broken in 1.125
    Symonde (Cleric)
    Symfriar (Friar duh)
    Symsorc (Double duh)
    Sympets (Theurg)
    Symmond (Arms)
  • Fateboi wrote: »
    If it’s not broken why attempt to fix it...
    Sym wrote: »
    It is broken in 1.125

I believe that is what Phat is trying to say @Sym. Why "fix" it if it was never broke to begin with. Honestly, I don't think this is a major issue. Getting CL 1-15 is not tough now and it won't be much harder with the change. However, I do agree that it seems weird to change the price on the scrolls. I believe 2000 bp's is a good price, even with the new system being put in place.
  • SymSym
    edited October 2018 PM
    Are you kidding me? Getting CL15 without curse or OW raids is a major chore. It takes more exp 1-15 than 1-50.
    Post edited by Sym on
    Symonde (Cleric)
    Symfriar (Friar duh)
    Symsorc (Double duh)
    Sympets (Theurg)
    Symmond (Arms)
  • Sym wrote: »
    Are you kidding me? Getting CL15 without curse or OW raids is a major chore. It takes more exp 1-15 than 1-50.

It's true