Pendragon Patch 1.125

13»

Comments

• I will say that the ability to use bp's to get gear has already lowered alot of prices, at least in Hib. Not that long ago I paid 100+ plat for a cl15 bow, I paid 45p for a skull of the sould keeper, and I paid 125p for an adept belt of the vigilant. My buddy just got all of these items for under 100p total. Some of this is due to the travelling merchants being up not that long ago, but I feel a big part of it is people trying to sell **** before 1.125 comes out and prices drop.

Also, I think the bp prices are fine. Mainly because it won't be hard to earn 100k+ bps quickly. I do still hope they lower the difficulty of Cursed to something more like what OW difficulty is, but this is a step in the right direction.
  • It isn't about items, crafted or otherwise, for me. It's about the people who play together. A. There aren't enough on playing, these days. B. The language differences make it too difficult to group. C. Third-party apps, i.e. macro grouping and other exploits negate play in certain zones.
    There other extenuating circumstances but it's moot since nothing I see here compels me to subscribe again.
  • no one has commented on my level 50 dot nerf.

Is it supposed to be just lifebane at 82 a tick or is supposed to be increase to 132 (amount of soul rot that was removed) so there could just be 1 dot.

if its 82 i would strongly suggest reverting viper to its old form so if i want to increase dot damage i need to invest ra points to increase my damage. viper 5 at 34 ra points for a 40% increase is a joke
  • edited October 2018 PM
    ST for Minstrels will never make it to live. Of all the classes to get ST... You could give it to pretty much any other visible class on alb (except reaver, wiz, or sorc) and would be better than Minstrel.

The mass port for 40+ mind-spec sorcs is just strange. That just means mind-spec sorcs are the only ones to receive it even though the vast majority are either body or split-spec. You may as well put it higher in the mind spec line at that point. A very, very small portion of sorcs are going to end up with this ablity. I don't really understand the point of doing this at all.

And, @Carol_Broadsword, you know Inconnu Theurgists would have won the alb race/class poll.
    Post edited by mesdispenser on
  • I second the motion for Inconnu Theurgist.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • ALBION HAS ALWAYS NEED A 2ND ST CLASS !

"I think what he is doing is good. For a long time Albs not have very good leaders. Natebruner is perfect, his accuracy, his pushing"
    HERORIUS

"Nate calling out fights in the Alb public bg has been a recent source of entertainment for me, most of those folks have never heard anyone call targets during US prime." Teddie

"First off I am pretty sure most Mids agree that Albs previous leaders were weak and Nate is actually bringing out action." Impounded

Discord me: Natebruner#3781

• Natebruner wrote: »
    ALBION HAS ALWAYS NEED A 2ND ST CLASS !

Not really...
  • DaRedANT wrote: »
    Tanky wrote: »
    Can carolk@broadsword explain why:
    Heretics AF got boosted
    Thanes chain lightning is castable now
    Mid got the worst race choices possible
    Vamps still untimered claw
    Minstrels getting ST (2) for a really that also has (3) DI classes...

minstrel ST wont make it thru pend. Imagine getting mezzed, stunned then ST'd!

Sounds like a Mentalist.

Then getting hit with their RR5 if you make it to them.
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus
  • Ewer wrote: »
    @John_Broadsword @Carol_Broadsword Do any of the changes to show countdown timers on qbars in 1.125 require updates to custom UIs?

@Ewer I have done some basic tetsing using my Custom UI, as far as I can tell all counters are working correctly with out me having to modify any code thus far.
    .: KotRT Custom User Interface - [UI] - DAoC UI :.

WEB-Site http://kotrt.eu5.org/
    FORUM http://k-o-t-r-t.proboards.com/

Knight / Knights 0f The Round Table ~ Albion
    Ridirean an Round Table ~ Hibernia
    Ridderne av det Runde Bord ~ Midgard

Sites are FREE HOSTED and Contain Adverts from the Host Provider (Ues an Add-Blocker)
  • I also found out that my toon on pendragon has 150 less hits

just checked my ranger. same thing..150 less

Just copied over a character from Ywain to Pendragon and their hits are identical. Nothing was changed with the hits cap either.

Please make sure your character on Pendragon has their starting stats spent! Also, be sure to check your items are all there and equipped. Lastly, check your item stats - it could be that an item on Pendragon is bugged and has the wrong value.
    I also found out that my toon on pendragon has 150 less hits

Just copied over a character from Ywain to Pendragon and their hits are identical. Nothing was changed with the hits cap either.

Please make sure your character on Pendragon has their starting stats spent! Also, be sure to check your items are all there and equipped. Lastly, check your item stats - it could be that an item on Pendragon is bugged and has the wrong value.

John i will recheck but when i copied my toons over i checked my starting stats, ras and gear. I will look into this tuesday night.

Also is lifebane just a 82 dot now or should it be 80+52 total?

If only 82 can we look into bumping viper up some? Invedting in Viper,specing 50 env and making a spell pierce template is already alot to invest pre patch.
  • this patch is going to make so many people leave the game, I think broadsword needs to needs to sit back and look at the overall picture, every patch they have done more and more people leave. there is no more balance in the game and that's what people want. mid has been asking for a 3rd wall climber for years other realms cry so mids don't get it, they ask for a little dps on healers they don't get. now given a toon that can stealth mezz and stun and climb walls and now st seems a little oped to me, were is mids 3rd wall climber,2nd st, o that's right cause the other realms say its to oped and it never happens, bs needs to look better into class balance, listen to the people on other realms besides the ones they play on maybe they wont loose subs with every patch they do. but I will give bs credit they making money for lost subs with selling mith,
  • Sanford wrote: »
    this patch is going to make so many people leave the game, I think broadsword needs to needs to sit back and look at the overall picture, every patch they have done more and more people leave. there is no more balance in the game and that's what people want. mid has been asking for a 3rd wall climber for years other realms cry so mids don't get it, they ask for a little dps on healers they don't get. now given a toon that can stealth mezz and stun and climb walls and now st seems a little oped to me, were is mids 3rd wall climber,2nd st, o that's right cause the other realms say its to oped and it never happens, bs needs to look better into class balance, listen to the people on other realms besides the ones they play on maybe they wont loose subs with every patch they do. but I will give bs credit they making money for lost subs with selling mith,

AKA I'm mad @BS because I want my realm buffed.
  • Sanford wrote: »
    this patch is going to make so many people leave the game, I think broadsword needs to needs to sit back and look at the overall picture, every patch they have done more and more people leave. there is no more balance in the game and that's what people want. mid has been asking for a 3rd wall climber for years other realms cry so mids don't get it, they ask for a little dps on healers they don't get. now given a toon that can stealth mezz and stun and climb walls and now st seems a little oped to me, were is mids 3rd wall climber,2nd st, o that's right cause the other realms say its to oped and it never happens, bs needs to look better into class balance, listen to the people on other realms besides the ones they play on maybe they wont loose subs with every patch they do. but I will give bs credit they making money for lost subs with selling mith,

I dunno he sounds like most of your posts from before so...

• Xyorman wrote: »
    Sanford wrote: »

Baseless statement with no proof. You're losing your touch.
  • This patch addresses a lot of the issues with bug fixes (why it has taken so long to address things like crashing in the capitol cities, which interferes with everyday game play, is beyond me). It is a shiny new toy being thrown at what is left of the player base. There are so many issues on all realms with balance, but the main issue still remains: population and injecting something new into rvr. I am pretty sure that most people play this game for the rvr and not the pve content.

Regardless of what realm gets what, people have always adapted and moved on with the game play. Not sure how you can do that with a population that can't sustain realm war.
  • Guys, DAOC was never meant to be balanced between the realms.
    Symonde (Cleric)
    Symfriar (Friar duh)
    Symsorc (Double duh)
    Sympets (Theurg)
    Symmond (Arms)
    Some random mids and hibs
  • edited October 2018 PM
    [removed]
    Post edited by Carol_Broadsword on
  • edited October 2018 PM
    Eithne wrote: »
    [removed]

Honestly - I really do think he needs professional help.
  • edited October 2018 PM
    Eithne wrote: »
    [removed]

These is exactly what i'm looking for :)

New level activated !
    "I think what he is doing is good. For a long time Albs not have very good leaders. Natebruner is perfect, his accuracy, his pushing"
    HERORIUS

"Nate calling out fights in the Alb public bg has been a recent source of entertainment for me, most of those folks have never heard anyone call targets during US prime." Teddie

"First off I am pretty sure most Mids agree that Albs previous leaders were weak and Nate is actually bringing out action." Impounded

Discord me: Natebruner#3781
    Sanford wrote: »

Baseless statement with no proof. You're losing your touch.

No just tired of your silliness; and not baseless at all

• I think that Broadsword is attempting to address realm hoping.

Both Bountycraft items, not being tradeable forces you to stick with 1 toon for a while, and the monthly quests do as well.

For example, if you played 20 out of 30 days in a month, and it took you 2 days to complete “Roaming with friends”, for example, it would take you 20 days to complete it 10 times, which is 1 monthly quest.

Not sure anyone pointed this out, or even noticed this. Gj. @John_Broadsword
    Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters
  • DaRedANT wrote: »
    I think that Broadsword is attempting to address realm hoping.

Both Bountycraft items, not being tradeable forces you to stick with 1 toon for a while, and the monthly quests do as well.

For example, if you played 20 out of 30 days in a month, and it took you 2 days to complete “Roaming with friends”, for example, it would take you 20 days to complete it 10 times, which is 1 monthly quest.

Quests are what enhanced the imbalances and promote more problems; while I see what you're saying --- I don't think it was the purpose nor will it have said effect

DaRedANT wrote: »
    I think that Broadsword is attempting to address realm hoping.

Quests are what enhanced the imbalances and promote more problems; while I see what you're saying --- I don't think it was the purpose nor will it have said effect

I agree, quests are part of the problem. I mean you design a quest to make people want to take keeps, but then people Realm hop and ride whoever to complete them.

The new quests will they have the desired effect? Hard to see tbh. But a step in the right direction, it seems.

• @John_Broadsword @Carol_Broadsword

There is no height change option on the race respec you can change all the other facets of the toon why not the height? I mean the whole reason that you are respeccing in the first place is to revamp the character from scratch (imo) so why not make that available as well?
  • A very normal soon scenario: 1.minstrel+pet or minstrel+scout attacks an ememy. 2. flute mezz+ 2 DDs before the mezz is casted. 3. you puge and get a 11sec stun. after 5 sec stun field is active and stuns you....you run out of stun field and get a 11 sec stun..... nobody....absolutly nobdoby can survive that. and if you dont puge....minstrel can start with the static instead and stun you before it hits.
  • btw. isnt theug rr5 a better version of static since it workes with charge?
  • Yorkeys wrote: »
    A very normal soon scenario: 1.minstrel+pet or minstrel+scout attacks an ememy. 2. flute mezz+ 2 DDs before the mezz is casted. 3. you puge and get a 11sec stun. after 5 sec stun field is active and stuns you....you run out of stun field and get a 11 sec stun..... nobody....absolutly nobdoby can survive that. and if you dont puge....minstrel can start with the static instead and stun you before it hits.

If any alb class got ST what wouls be the ideal class?

A very normal soon scenario: 1.minstrel+pet or minstrel+scout attacks an ememy. 2. flute mezz+ 2 DDs before the mezz is casted. 3. you puge and get a 11sec stun. after 5 sec stun field is active and stuns you....you run out of stun field and get a 11 sec stun..... nobody....absolutly nobdoby can survive that. and if you dont puge....minstrel can start with the static instead and stun you before it hits.

If any alb class got ST what wouls be the ideal class?

I'm still pushing for Paladin if Minstril is off the table.

Why did you purge mezz? First mistake.
  • nice to see that some issues are now on the plan (pet spam on roof ect)
    but WTF: Why again changes on classes that definatelly need no change!!!

VW : what is that goodmode 2k selfbuffer?
    Thane: nice i have one ´but a 212delve on a 2.4 spell will just make all albis and luris scream^^
    Minstrel: ST on a char that can already mezz and stun with instas???

You decides concering such changes and especially WHY!!! It is wasted developer time!!

vamp: this char has to be adjusted! not the aboved ones!

cheers
    Waldi
  • waldi wrote: »
    nice to see that some issues are now on the plan (pet spam on roof ect)
    but WTF: Why again changes on classes that definatelly need no change!!!

VW : what is that goodmode 2k selfbuffer?
    Thane: nice i have one ´but a 212delve on a 2.4 spell will just make all albis and luris scream^^
    Minstrel: ST on a char that can already mezz and stun with instas???

You decides concering such changes and especially WHY!!! It is wasted developer time!!

vamp: this char has to be adjusted! not the aboved ones!

cheers
    Waldi

This ^ !

Necros: I didn't think the Necros needed an ADDITIONAL nerf.
    Clerics: The nerf making their remove root spell 10s now, that's crazy. Tell me how it was OP before and deserved this nerf. No one would use this in RvR anymore (can only see it being used in BG/Zerg fashion).

Frankly it's enough to make me want to put away my necro for now.
  • Salix wrote: »
    So you increased the casting time of the cure root spell on Smite Cleric and Affinity Druid and Cave Shaman from 3 seconds to 10 and yet the spell has a 5 minute reuse timer. What purpose is this. There is already a 5 minute reuse timer. It isn't like it can help more then 1 player. Take away the reuse timer or leave the cast timer alone please.

The Friar recast time on the only passive heal for alb is twice as long as the effective time? If you don't want it to be spammed, at least set the reuse to the active time, 15 seconds. That way if the friar forgets to recast then it is up to them. Don't penalize a class that has no defense against melee by making it twice as long as the usefulness.

Everyone is glad to see the pet through door bug is being addressed

Now for the abomination you call the Vampiir: The vamp is the only class that can cast a damage spell while in combat and it is not effected by the melee. There are no reuse timers on the hots, which obviously is an issue since you made it so on the Friar. There are no reuse timers on the insta claw spam, which has been an issue with every other class that has insta's in the game. look at minstrels and skalds as well as every caster with debuffs. They climb walls, see stealth, have a spell that allows them 41% increased speed in combat and ignores speed warps plus charge. They have an insta cast pet when all they have to do is cast a bolt to gain mana. They can remove root or snares by sacrificing their pet with just a 3.5 sec spell, but when they have mana can recast pet immediately. Yes it has a longer reuse timer then the cleric/shaman/druid have but still it is not a targeted spell, works on themselves and they have a boost of speed in combat. Some regard to equality of similar spells should be used when looking at making class balance. They have self buffs which can't be stripped other than AF, so they don't worry about jumping into the fight yet they get the same effects from charges as everyone else. The closest class to this is the Mauler and they don't have a bolt to gain power to cast, can't run around at speed while ignoring speed warps, can't climb walls, don't have access to charge and must get in combat to gain any power to cast.

agree
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
    btw. isnt theug rr5 a better version of static since it workes with charge?

theurg rr5 in zergs is hit or miss, 9 times out of 10 - the rr5 pets are killed before they stun someone with all the aoe flying around.

pxoDIK.jpg
  • ST on minstrels is ****. a class with that much survivability and interrupts than can run into a lord room, ST and get out alive without problems ... no. and it was not like alb was short on ST's anyway. mid was always the realm that seemed lacking in ST's.
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
    Brut wrote: »
    Yet another necro nerf give us a break broadsword no need for it what so ever.

Hasn't begun to approach the total WARLOCK nerf's -- but, hey, who is counting....

*thinks @Xyorman hasn't played a witchcraft warlock recently* I think @Obelisk showed in his recent duo video how effective warlocks still are.

Necro's have received 6(?) nerfs by the time this patch has been implemented. I don't see them pwning every single class out there. They definitely were way over the top when released but they are in a good position now, no need to further compromise that.

Seriously, warlocks lost the ability to UI spam 1 less pbaoe, lmao, and they cry nerffff

no, warlocks didn't lose the ability to just spam 1 less pbaoe.

i lost more than 1 less uninterrupted pbaoe and i do less damage uninterrupted. the primer nerf to warlocks was BAD for curse locks.

and xyorman plays his healing lock enough, i group with him enough. xy really knows what healing locks are.

necros were stupid after the change, they needed a LOT of nerfing before they were considered ok. i think most of the necro issues have been resolved now.

considering how BS **** up the initial revamped necro class, i don't think i want to see BS make new classes ...

john i just checked again and my shade has 2809 on Pendragon with the same RA's and starting stats. Shade on Live is 2959.
  • Coming from a mostly Mid player.
    No need to nerf Necros more, No need to buff Heretics in this way.
    Vamps need to be adjusted whether it's the power cost of certain abilities or their power pools.
    Maulers among them (FW in solo) but that's less important since it's only the one scenario.
    Honestly at this point idgaf if albs get a second ST (Shouldn't) but if they do it should not be on a minstrel. Wall climb, Stealth + ST they already have plenty of utility if played properly. May I add it would not be very fun in any type of keep defensive fight if you have Minstrels hanging on the side of the keep walls waiting to pop up and ST the CY of defenders. Give it to a class that has to push in like all other ST users. That's just one reason it will be a bad choice. There are plenty of other solo/group reasons Minstrels should not be the new carrier of ST's.

Impounded - Warrior__________Gimpound - Champion
    Chantsy - Paladin____________Shaquilleoatmeal - Berserker
    Cowtastrophe - Hero__________Shrimpsticks - Infiltrator

Feel free to add me on Discord: Impounded#5743

>Daoc Videos<

john i just checked again and my shade has 2809 on Pendragon with the same RA's and starting stats. Shade on Live is 2959.

Does it have anything to do with the AF/hits changes? Check without buffs/ uses.

“Hitpoint/Armor Factor item-based buffs have had their values reduced as follows:
    Infernal Blessing reduced from 12% to 6% hp/af bonus.
    King's Blessing reduced from 10% to 5% hp/af bonus.
    Triumphant Aura reduced from 5% to 4% hp/af bonus.
    Traldor's Aura reduced from 5% to 4% hp/af bonus.”
  • We're looking at heal procs, bounty craft, and the disappearing items on Pendragon. Along with all feedback/bug reports. We'll keep you all updated.

Keep it coming, thank you!!
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games

Thanks, we've tracked it down. It's the Toughness Realm Ability not functioning correctly. We'll get it fixed before 1.125 gets released.
  • Heal procs should not be affected by heal effectiveness ToA bonus. Fights should be decided based on who’s armor randomly proc 400hp heals.
    Symonde (Cleric)
    Symfriar (Friar duh)
    Symsorc (Double duh)
    Sympets (Theurg)
    Symmond (Arms)
    Some random mids and hibs

Thanks, we've tracked it down. It's the Toughness Realm Ability not functioning correctly. We'll get it fixed before 1.125 gets released.

nice! i was thinking it might be that since i run toughness 5 on both toons. thanks John!

nice! i was thinking it might be that since i run toughness 5 on both toons. thanks John!

Good catch Sepp -- ty for sticking with it

• Sym wrote: »
    Heal procs should not be affected by heal effectiveness ToA bonus. Fights should be decided based on who’s armor randomly proc 400hp heals.

I'd get behind this actually. Leave the heal proc values alone and just remove the heal bonus from affecting heal procs.
  • This. No heal bonus for procs.
  • Captns wrote: »
    This. No heal bonus for procs.

• edited October 2018 PM
    Don't know if any else commented on SM nerfs, but I would nerf intercept pet more if thats the issue, and leave lifetap as is. I wouldn't make SM the worst single target caster. Think sorcs, cabas aint got less util. Only option would be debuff dd with split spec after it to make any decent single target dmg, making SM a strictly worse chanter. Do not take away the option of decent single target DPS on any specline please, or add other single target options.

Edit: I think it's already fair to say, mid got some of the worst utility casters with RM and SM compared to Sorcs/Cabas/Elds etc.. Intercept pet is defo too strong right now, but at least give it some option.
    Post edited by Gavner on
    I also found out that my toon on pendragon has 150 less hits

Good catch Sepp -- ty for sticking with it

No problem! Love doing my part in trying to make this great game better!

Btw i think thats worth a bug award that braodsword was talking about!!!
  • I tried bug reporting a minstrel I saw dropping an st, but they ignored it :(