Debate: Should there be a reward for capturing relics?

2»

Comments

• edited April 2018 PM
    I agree if the rp you received was alot. 5k rps per relic is not much at all, and I would hope not enough to have people doing like they did on the gk. It's alot harder to take multiple keeps, take the relic, slow walk it back, then go and get another, than it was to take the GK. GK was also worth 20-30k a pop. Also, if you added the same rp bonus of 5k for a successful defense then it wouod encourage those on the defending the relic to stay on and defend. Not that I care, I don't worry about relics and am fine if they change nothing on them.
    Post edited by RonELuvv on
  • An RP bonus for holding enemy relic should be enough incentive to defend one's own relic.. Unfortunately realm pride started showing signs of rigor long long ago. People are predictable and will just follow the relic holder.
    ~Shard Junkie~
    Mother of Trolls
  • There most definitely should be a reward from an NPC that gives options. an item, rps or plat
  • Interesting debate.
    Thanks to DAOC for the forum where we can have one. (Never was a big fan of feedback forms and/or surveys.)
    May I interject another,probably ludicrous, idea into the fray:
    As the type of player who prefers the camaraderie of the game as opposed to winning with the most rps, which means no one really wins, my thinking is to replace the relics with the king and queen of each realm in the temples. When one is captured rps are halved and when both they are eliminated. If they are not rescued in a certain amount of time,say...24 hours they are returned home. As captives, they would be held in the conquering realms temples instead of keeps necessitating a bg to afford rescues.
    That said, I enjoy taking relics and miss the quicker returns on boats or through the Passage of Conflict.
    For the Glory of the realm!

• Cartoan wrote: »
    When one is captured rps are halved and when both they are eliminated. If they are not rescued in a certain amount of time,say...24 hours they are returned home. As captives, they would be held in the conquering realms temples instead of keeps necessitating a bg to afford rescues.

Oof, log onto a realm, get in fight, win, find out you're not getting any RP's.

During Euro, only Hib gains RP's, during US and until Hero logs on again, Hib not getting any RP's.

Seems like at best, it will be only a 2 realm game with those rules.

• Not to beat a dead horse, but unless SOMETHING is done to address population fluidity while also making it beneficial to defend <the current 'coin of the realm' is RP's>, no rewards for relics will do anything but make the RvR situation worse. Cosmetic changes to the system will not fix RvR -- a stated goal of the producers letter, adding rewards for relics without those fixes, is detrimental to the game.
  • no..um...hell no, #1 there is already a reward system in place for empowering your ENTIRE realm players...but if you add rp's ontop of that, you'll get farmable relics then and thats all there would be, no one would defend because you would take it back with no problem and go back and forth all night just farming it....come on!