New Server Type Idea - and population management suggestion

SymSym
edited April 2018 in General Board
I know there is some concern about splitting the population with a new server type.

EQ shows that a progression server where a new xpack opens up ever few weeks works well to increase population. This really makes sense for DAOC as a lot of the PvE content is really good now and people would enjoy RvRing with classic like gear and such.

One thing that can be done is to cluster these new servers back to Ywain on a regular basis for PvE zones. That way everyone can PvE together if they want after the progression ends but it keeps their RvR populations separate.

Maybe after a year or so, bring the entire server back into Ywain? And do like “Seasons” of servers that run 6 months to a year to allow people to have a fun fresh start?

Edit: for paid accounts only, allowing F2P on Ywain

Edit 2: let paid accounts create any class/race combo as well.

Thoughts?
Post edited by Sym on
Symonde (Cleric)
Symfriar (Friar duh)
Symsorc (Double duh)
Sympets (Theurg)
Symmond (Arms)
Some random mids and hibs
Tagged:

Comments

• If you could not litter the new boards with your awful ideas, that'd be great.

This is a dead subject, no amount of discussion or debate will sway anyone's (Broadsword's) stance on the matter.

It's a very simple, straightforward matter that will not changed regardless of how many "opinion" threads you, or anyone else, makes.
  • Who peed in your Cheerio’s today (and every day?).
    Symonde (Cleric)
    Symfriar (Friar duh)
    Symsorc (Double duh)
    Sympets (Theurg)
    Symmond (Arms)
  • the population was already splited, ppl who play ywain and ppl who play other games
  • Sym wrote: »
    Who peed in your Cheerio’s today (and every day?).

It's not about peeing in Cheerio's. You think that starting a conversation, or lack there of, about something that has been discussed well past beating a dead horse is going to do anything or matter.

I guarantee I want an alternative rule set server more than you do. Your suggestion is not even that bad. However, this forum has turned in to a 'Complaint/Suggestion Board' which really does nothing. Not to mention, threads are made to just die. There's zero content. No one cares. lol
  • Like with innovation, starting 10 discussions may lead to 2 or 3 really good ones. If you don’t like it please /delete YES
    Symonde (Cleric)
    Symfriar (Friar duh)
    Symsorc (Double duh)
    Sympets (Theurg)
    Symmond (Arms)
  • edited April 2018 PM
    [ToS]
    Post edited by Driralin on
  • edited April 2018 PM
    Novoal7 wrote: »
    [ToS]

[ToS]
    Post edited by Driralin on
  • As we've stated we need to make sure Ywain is healthy before embarking on any alternate ruleset (or progression-based) servers. Having Ywain allow free accounts with Endless Conquest and be bursting at the seams and then offering subscription-only alternative servers is exactly the sort of thing we're hoping to be able to do :)
  • I've played EQ since 1999. (But spent more time on DAoC... yay!) I've done a few progressions. It's cute.

Things that make me smoke more / drink more / yell at my son:

Old Frontiers, ugh.
    Super slow leveling post 39.
    Losing XP and losing a level.
    No tin foil hats, recall stones, porters.
    Camping Askafroa for 18 hours straight.
    ALL CAPS BATTLEGROUP CHAT IN ATLANTIS!!1!

Yes, the argument can be made that we need that hell and deprivation to appreciate how good it is now.

But not for me. I meditate and am eternally thankful.

attachment.php?attachmentid=33149&d=1512216804
  • Agree'd @poena_dare. As novel and amazing as DAoC was when I was younger, I don't particularly recall enjoying the runs from Avalon Marsh to Salisbury Plains because I couldn't afford to waste the money on a horse ticket lmao.
  • Well you can always have profession content wise but keep the quality of life improvements of today.
    Symonde (Cleric)
    Symfriar (Friar duh)
    Symsorc (Double duh)
    Sympets (Theurg)
    Symmond (Arms)