In Memory of Talini / Cheex

With sad hearts, we ask that you all join us in a peaceful Celebration of Life for Talini / Cheex. We will be holding the memorial on Saturday April 21, 2018, one hour before the start of the US Prime Time BG.
3pm PDT
6pm EDT
11pm BST
12am CEST

Those who gamed with her - we are working on her in game history for the memorial service. 2001 to current is a lot of time spent doing what she loved - playing a cleric / healer and until rather recently, Talini was the highest Realm Point holder of all time on Albion. Terri held those she knew in our community with the highest regard in her heart, and had numerous fond memories of her years playing Dark Age of Camelot.

We ask that this be a peaceful event - without combat - to allow those who wish to pay their respects the ability to do so.

If you have memories, information on her in game history, stories you would like to share or if you would like to speak during the memorial- please PM me here or you can contact me ingame.

We are also looking for someone who is willing to Stream Live on Twitch for her daughter to virtually attend the memorial.
Her son plans to reactivate his old account to attend.
Those who no longer have accounts - it was suggested a trial account to attend.

For those of you who knew Terri in real life - her family plans a remembrance in the late summer in the Sacramento California area. Flowers will be sent from the DAoC community to her remembrance. If you would like your name or toon name added to the card - please PM me the information.

Thank you.
Tagged:

Comments

• Very sorry to here this I liked her a lot great cleric and great healer rip
  • its somewhat late for me, but if you havent found a streamer when the date approaches, ill happily do it

incase i dont catch the forum thread...
    let me know on discord @tanakeo#7744
  • see ya for now, rest in paradise
  • Sad to hear ! RIP.

I really hope that no one decides to ruin your celebration at the lake. So everyone spread it around in your Guild/Allys. Would be sad if ppl that dont know about it rush in and ruin it.
    Daoc Moderator

Join the official Daoc Discord: >> HERE <<
    Subscribe to the Newsletter: >> HERE <<
    Join our Devs/Knights on Twitch: >> HERE <<

Your Thread was closed to early? Feel free to PM me !
  • Tanakeo wrote: »
    its somewhat late for me, but if you havent found a streamer when the date approaches, ill happily do it

incase i dont catch the forum thread...
    let me know on discord @tanakeo#7744

Thank you so much and I definately will take you up on the offer to stream :)
    I'll try to catch you on discord - now I need to find a really big vent/ts ..
  • We have voice channels on the Discord server as well that are open for the community to use.
    DAoC German Community Admin
    Broadsword Online Games

Shileahs Camelot-Kompendium - DAoC-Infos auf Deutsch
    Shileah of House Dara, the First of Her name, the Unressed, Master of Stickloss, Queen of Inc-Screams, Purge-Fails and lost Line of Sight, Breaker of Mezz, Mother of Doggos
  • We have voice channels on the Discord server as well that are open for the community to use.
    TY!
    How many can they hold?
  • The channels are unlimited, so they can hold the maximum number of users allowed by Discord (which is 5k users online at a time according to the information I was able to find).
    DAoC German Community Admin
    Broadsword Online Games

Shileahs Camelot-Kompendium - DAoC-Infos auf Deutsch
    Shileah of House Dara, the First of Her name, the Unressed, Master of Stickloss, Queen of Inc-Screams, Purge-Fails and lost Line of Sight, Breaker of Mezz, Mother of Doggos
  • unfortunately i won't be home tommorow, so will not be able to stream ;/ i hope you guys find someone else that will help... sorry for the late notice
  • I wish you a peaceful memory event,
    RIP
  • Thank you Savaiine for organising this memorial. You toughed it out! It was remarkable to see all the realms there, together, and not have it turn into a wild free for all fight. Any attempt to bomb was swiftly contained, and those names duly noted. It was a great showing of the backbone of this community, including those who had resubbed just to be there for this thoughtful tribute to a dedicated player.

IMO, and as a suggestion; like the statues in my capital city of Jordheim (that for me, fails to inspire and sometimes makes one wish for a /pee macro), maybe someone that passes away in DAoC can have an area for remembrance - and in the case of those at the top of their character class, a statue erected ?

RIP
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    Founder/GM of Ásatrúar, guild of Miðgarðr
    In defense of the Original Spirit of Daoc
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    True to Miðgarðr c.2001
    daocutils.com/chimp/jlfrthjo
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  • Hey Thjo <3
    Thank you.
    Honestly I was a mess. My guild, my friends, phone calls and txt msgs to hold me up when I just wanted to break - and still I was a crying mess and had a hard time not stumbling over the words and just speaking.

I wanted to do well by her memory and her piece of DAoC History - because that's exactly what it was. Talini reached 13l0 without Ghost Keep, without bonuses, without buggane .. she did the grind. She stayed at World Rank 1 for a loooong time. Heck she hadn't played Talini for 2+ yrs and still reigned over Albion.

It was amazing to see everyone there, have so many in vent and on Hero's TS and my heartfelt thanks Xyorman, Herorious and Rescu.
    The bomb group, we actually expected - such 'class'. But those in attendance, those not, and those who tried to disrupt the memorial - it will not be forgotten. :wink:

I agree - we do need a memorial area, especially for those who accomplished something more then the most number of keeps taken or most solo kills in a month.

Take care!
    Sav