Put a notice in game that new forums are up?

I think most players don’t know, there should be a pop up on log in or something.
Symonde (Cleric)
Symfriar (Friar duh)
Symsorc (Double duh)
Sympets (Theurg)
Symmond (Arms)
Some random mids and hibs

Comments

• I've mentioned it in my curse raids that I'll be scheduling events on here but yeah more of a advertisement on the boards the better and more active it will be.

Still a lot don't know about these DAoC Official forums.
  • edited April 2018 PM
    [ToS]
    Post edited by Midithir on
  • edited April 2018 PM
    [tos]
    because people are scared to post in fear that their accounts will take have actions taken against them look at all the dumb things people have been edited for already.
    Post edited by Midithir on
  • Teehehe wrote: »
    [tos]
    because people are scared to post in fear that their accounts will take have actions taken against them look at all the dumb things people have been edited for already.

People are too scared to post?! This is absurd, all they have to do is basically not be a troll and control themselves while posting. If they are unable to accomplish even that, then perhaps their voices aren't worth being heard.
  • Sovereign wrote: »
    Teehehe wrote: »
    [tos]

People are too scared to post?! This is absurd, all they have to do is basically not be a troll and control themselves while posting. If they are unable to accomplish even that, then perhaps their voices aren't worth being heard.

• To quote a song I heard recently...
    Tell me, is it really so hard?
    Really so hard, to be a good person?
    Tell me, is it really so hard?
    Really so hard, to stop acting like a bitch?

The answer is clearly, yes, it is actually that hard for some people.

• Ciddire wrote: »
    Sovereign wrote: »
    [tos]

Some of the people that you guys are referring to are also some of the most knowledgeable people in game. Cidd knows who I'm talking about, he's banned a few of them multiple times.
  • edited April 2018 PM
    [tos]

It's not dumb, I think players just don't want toxic conversations on these boards. If you want to do that Postcount.net is still available to you.

Being scared to post is getting a bit silly. I'm sure you can make up a sentence that doesn't troll or cause offence to people.
    Post edited by Solicfear1 on
  • edited April 2018 PM
    bah double post
    Post edited by Solicfear1 on
  • Heck, is there a way to integrate forums INTO the game? :wink:
    Symonde (Cleric)
    Symfriar (Friar duh)
    Symsorc (Double duh)
    Sympets (Theurg)
    Symmond (Arms)
    Some random mids and hibs
  • Sym wrote: »
    Heck, is there a way to integrate forums INTO the game? :wink:

With how fast they got this state of the art board together, I doubt that it would be much of an issue for them!
  • edited April 2018 PM
    Feel like I'm done here....
    Post edited by Fateboi on
  • Laddimyr wrote: »
    Ciddire wrote: »
    [tos]

Some of the people that you guys are referring to are also some of the most knowledgeable people in game. Cidd knows who I'm talking about, he's banned a few of them multiple times.

It doesn't matter how knowledgeable they are, if they are unable to compose their thoughts in a manner that doesn't distract from the point they are trying to convey what is their contribution to a serious conversation? Also, as knowledgeable as they are, they can if they choose to, present their ideas clearly. The fact that they choose to be trolls, in my opinion, is the choice to forfeit their chance to contribute.
  • Sovereign wrote: »
    Laddimyr wrote: »
    Ciddire wrote: »
    [tos]

It doesn't matter how knowledgeable they are, if they are unable to compose their thoughts in a manner that doesn't distract from the point they are trying to convey what is their contribution to a serious conversation? Also, as knowledgeable as they are, they can if they choose to, present their ideas clearly. The fact that they choose to be trolls, in my opinion, is the choice to forfeit their chance to contribute.

I'm really not trying to argue that point with you though, I'm just saying that it's a shame because of how knowledgeable some of those guys are.
  • edited April 2018 PM

I'm really not trying to argue that point with you though, I'm just saying that it's a shame because of how knowledgeable some of those guys are.

It's a shame they choose not to be part of a constructive conversation because they have an insatiable need to conduct themselves in a childish manner.
    Post edited by Sovereign on
  • Laddimyr wrote: »
    Sym wrote: »
    Heck, is there a way to integrate forums INTO the game? :wink:

With how fast they got this state of the art board together, I doubt that it would be much of an issue for them!

Heh.

Free thumbs up on PC