Update - Disappearing bug - Diagnostic information needed

edited September 2018 in General Board
If you are interested in submitting information to potentially help in resolving this issue, please reach out to me via PM, Discord or respond to this thread.

I am doing a volunteer data collection to see if we can't button down the common aspects of this issue to submit to Broadsword.

jq2g2dklgef0.png
Post edited by Ciddire on

Comments

• edited September 2018 PM
    Interesting response. I use no third party applications, I have swapped routers, I have reinstalled Windows now 4 times for fresh starts and to different patch levels, I have wiped and reinstalled DAoC each time, I have ran network analysis software for packet reports, I use no firewall or antivirus software (not even Windows defender), I have consulted with my ISP(which is my cousin who also plays and owns the ISP) and he found no issues.

This has been happening now for the better part of 6months. I have the disappearing bug on all realms and the crashing bug only on mid and hib. I play on a Eluktronics laptop and have played in the last 6 months in two hotels in Washington state, once in Denver, and once in Georgia, and live in Texas. Each location produced the same bugs. My desktop computer also has the same bugs on Windows 7.
    Post edited by Kymatius on
  • For me it has never happened on my main computer where I run 2 accounts and either ts or discord. On my laptop where I never run anything else besides 1 or 2 accounts it happens, but maybe once a week or maybe twice. It will also happen to only one instance or the other and never both at the same time either.

Maybe it’s a graphics card issue? I don’t know much about computers but my laptop isn’t a very good one and I think is an integrated gfx card. Those thatbit happens to frequently also have similar setup? Gfx card mfg, windows versions etc?

Maybe it would be a good idea for those that experience this frequently to list the main components of their setup and see what’s in common? That’s how I would diagnose it. Maybe BS can make a form listing suspected component causes and ask those that get the bug to fill it out to see the common denominator. A standard set of information will be a lot more useful than people randomly stating only certain aspects, like their isp, computer make, etc.
  • i7 chip on a laptop with built in nvidia 450m graphics, windows 7, teamspeak running, and maybe chrome. I have never had the bug. People need to provide the version of windows they run in the data collection. Recently there have been a lot of updates on various software to correct problems with processor failures. Some of these updates effect graphics drivers, I have not allowed my windows 7 to be updated recently. My father works a lot with linux, He tells me the updates to fix the Intel processors broke some of the linux video acceleration programs out there and they had to be fixed, maybe it's not just a linux thing?
    @Badnagen I do not update my Windows. With the 4 reinstalls I updated to different patch levels of Windows 10. My final install went back to my original Windows 10 install that I have used since Windows 10 came out and worked with DAoC perfectly.

The crash bug started happening to me as of patch 1.123. The disappearing bug started randomly occuring after 1.124C.
  • Probably good to list the internet we use as well if Broadsword believes it to be a connectivity issue. I use my phone to hot spot, 4g cell connection, no cable company.
  • I submitted my info. I use Comcast
  • I will post the specifics of the hardware and software versions when I get home.
    @Broadsword can you throw 1.123 on Pend and let us test there for crashing/disappearing bugs? If no bugs progress to 1.124 and let us test again.

Would be helpful to know what patch level is stable. Would seem to be an easy test to rule out patch specific issues. Fielding every users specific hardware, ISP, etc. would seem like a very large time sync. Also correlating all the data to a specific issue with ranging hardware and ISP's will be near impossible.
  • Hi guys,

Please check your PM's. I've sent you a link to a form that you can fill out. This data is being sent directly to Broadsword for their review.
  • Yep, I tried it John's way and no-go. I shutdown my PC, rebooted to desktop and closed Antivirus (windows defender). I never opened ANYTHING else (no IE, no discord/vent/etc)… NOTHING. Played for roughly 3-4 hours in Molv on Alb and it happened again. That's twice today and 3 times yesterday.

Win 10 Home 64bit - 10.0.17134 Build 17134
    System Memory: 16GB
    Intel Core i7-3820 @ 3.6GHz
    Available Memory (with DAOC running): 11.7GB
    OCZ-Vertex4 120GB SSD (56.4GB free)
    Vid card: GeForce GTX 670 w/16GB - Driver Version 399.24 (the latest). Tried with earlier versions, same issue
    Comcast ISP - 29.3Mbps (download) 2.38Mbps (upload)

Already tried the following which didn't help:

1. Created firewall UDP entry to allow traffic on port 10400 (nope)
    2. Removed my .myt file - as directed, rebooted so it could "patch" any file issues or repair them (nope)
    3. Deleted entire game and folder, rebooted, reinstalled (nope)
    4. Called Comcast, they looked, no issues (nope)

• It may be good to note: Nvidia video card, ati video card or intel integrated graphics. I run everything with 2 accts disco ts, synapse, mojo, on Nvidia and Intel graphics with a fiber optic connection through google Wifi. No issues.
    Symonde (Cleric)
    Symfriar (Friar duh)
    Symsorc (Double duh)
    Sympets (Theurg)
    Symmond (Arms)
    Some random mids and hibs
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 980
    Processor: Intel i5 4690k
    RAM: Vengence 4GB sticks x2
    Motherboard: Asus 7370-A
    ISP: Cox 125Mbps (Down) 20Mbps (Up)

I have had this happen to me but very rare compared to others I know. I run two DAoC accounts at once and multiple background programs that range from, Twitch, Youtube, Daoc Forums, Netflix and other games. I highly doubt it's on our end that this is happening but what the hell, if it helps there ya go :)
    Impounded - Warrior__________Gimpound - Champion
    Chantsy - Paladin____________Shaquilleoatmeal - Berserker
    Cowtastrophe - Hero__________Shrimpsticks - Infiltrator

Feel free to add me on Discord: Impounded#5743

>Daoc Videos<
  • Valtar wrote: »
    Yep, I tried it John's way and no-go. I shutdown my PC, rebooted to desktop and closed Antivirus (windows defender). I never opened ANYTHING else (no IE, no discord/vent/etc)… NOTHING. Played for roughly 3-4 hours in Molv on Alb and it happened again. That's twice today and 3 times yesterday.

Win 10 Home 64bit - 10.0.17134 Build 17134
    System Memory: 16GB
    Intel Core i7-3820 @ 3.6GHz
    Available Memory (with DAOC running): 11.7GB
    OCZ-Vertex4 120GB SSD (56.4GB free)
    Vid card: GeForce GTX 670 w/16GB - Driver Version 399.24 (the latest). Tried with earlier versions, same issue
    Comcast ISP - 29.3Mbps (download) 2.38Mbps (upload)

Already tried the following which didn't help:

1. Created firewall UDP entry to allow traffic on port 10400 (nope)
    2. Removed my .myt file - as directed, rebooted so it could "patch" any file issues or repair them (nope)
    3. Deleted entire game and folder, rebooted, reinstalled (nope)
    4. Called Comcast, they looked, no issues (nope)

Did you submit the requested information via the provided form? They are trying to troubleshoot, and all help we can provide will expedite the process.
  • Everyone - Please help troubleshoot this issue. Reply to Ciddire and give him the requested info in the form he created. Maybe you don't like his process, but this is a step in the right direction. It is very hard to narrow down the issue without consolidated data.
  • I don't think I had the same bug but for the past 1.5ish weeks I have had like least 1 x hr everyone disappear for about 5 Seconds and then a LD that took about 4 min to complete. Now that is not happening anymore. Maybe it was the rain, maybe it was this bug related.
    ~Westies
  • Westies wrote: »
    I don't think I had the same bug but for the past 1.5ish weeks I have had like least 1 x hr everyone disappear for about 5 Seconds and then a LD that took about 4 min to complete. Now that is not happening anymore. Maybe it was the rain, maybe it was this bug related.

I had this happen yesterday. Only difference was I didn't LD. Everyone phased out and for like 5-10 seconds then re appeared and I was fine.
    Impounded - Warrior__________Gimpound - Champion
    Chantsy - Paladin____________Shaquilleoatmeal - Berserker
    Cowtastrophe - Hero__________Shrimpsticks - Infiltrator

Feel free to add me on Discord: Impounded#5743

>Daoc Videos<
  • I had it happen in a pve dungeon. I waited 30 mins, during that time i saw a couple of yellow mobs flicker in and out a couple of times...but nothing else came back. Also 2x in molvik