*video* @broadsword your major problem shown on camera

the new disapearing bug people have been qqing about, here is what it looks like when it happens if it helps fix at all or something, first time it happened to me in a fight

as you can see not only can you not see them, but last attacker finds no one either, so you jsut sit and get ript, hopefuly its fixed soon thanks, hope this helps

Tagged:

Comments

• Huehuaehue wrote: »
    the new disapearing bug people have been qqing about, here is what it looks like when it happens if it helps fix at all or something, first time it happened to me in a fight

as you can see not only can you not see them, but last attacker finds no one either, so you jsut sit and get ript, hopefuly its fixed soon thanks, hope this helps

He must've been running that new Ghost-UI.

lol, all jokes aside that's happened to me on my Armsman; probably most recently close to a year ago. So it's something that occurs, very rarely. Think it has something to do with hiccups on the servers end (but I know nothing on that field of information).

Think this was the first time it's been recorded though, thanks for posting that Hue!
  • This will get fixed when they fix the ram bugs and the jordheim crash bug
  • I’ve had it happen a few times lately but it’s only been npc’s and mobs. Hasn’t happened with live players yet.
  • edited August 2018 PM
    ram bugs are user errors (yes it can get fucked up but its from the person using it)

totally avoidable, youll realise its the same people who **** it up everytime and others do it just fine always
    Post edited by Huehuaehue on
  • I have had this happen many times with npc's but only had it happen a couple times with players. When it does happen it sucks since you really can't do anything.
    ram bugs are user errors (yes it can get fucked up but its from the person using it)

totally avoidable, youll realise its the same people who **** it up everytime and others do it just fine always

Usually user error. Not always. One ram bug causes it to change pathing when people board the ram while its moving. Adding people to the ram shouldn't affect that.

The biggest ram issue is that you click through your UI and set a ground target when you press swing. This is the one that cause the ram to move forward into the door and eventually kicks everyone off. Its easy to avoid, if you're driving the ram just pan so if you accidentally set a ground target the ram wont move into the door. If you do this its easy to stop and easy to recover.

Damn that sucks. I've only had this happen in the relic towns, never during a fight. I wonder if a pbaoe would have hit the guy if he was close to you.
  • Happens to me all the time. I have posted about it multiple times I have taken the steps to trouble shoot it. I get no response when I ask for BS's input as to why this started to happen to many people.

For me, the problem started around the time the mid-summer quest was put in.
  • Too many eggs
    Symonde (Cleric)
    Symfriar (Friar duh)
    Symsorc (Double duh)
    Sympets (Theurg)
    Symmond (Arms)
    Some random mids and hibs
  • Kat wrote: »
    Happens to me all the time. I have posted about it multiple times I have taken the steps to trouble shoot it. I get no response when I ask for BS's input as to why this started to happen to many people.

For me, the problem started around the time the mid-summer quest was put in.

It's pathetic that there isn't at least an official acknowledgement of the issue -- and they wonder why people have zero faith in what they are doing.
  • I will 100% agree that problems like these, crashes in certain areas (Jordheim as one example), the bug that crashes you when right clicking items, and other things like this are problems that need to be addressed. I'm sure they are looking at them, but they need to figure something out.
  • Can we please get a official response or acknowledgement that this is being worked on?

@Carol_Broadsword
    @Lea_Broadsword
    @Broadsword
  • Bumper cars. Anyone going to respond? Just looking for a nod or "yup known bug working on it."
  • Yea that jordheim bug though... I can't believe that still isn't fixed.
  • And NO, this isn't a random bug for some. For me, it's DAILY! As Kat said earlier, it seemed to progress (around the time the mid-summer stuff was put in) from truly random disappearances of NPC's for only a second or two to full-blown disappearances of NPC's and players INDEFINITELY! I've had it happen on all 3 realms within the last week. I've had it happen within 30 seconds of signing into the game. Sometimes it takes hours before it happens. But for the last 3-4 weeks it usually happens daily to me, on average. I've had it happen up to 4 times in one day before I had enough and quit trying. No viruses, no malware, Win10 updated, video drivers updated (multiple times and even went back to drivers from 6-8 months ago) and it still happens. Based on feedback from Broadsword I've a) opened up UDP ports, b) deleted my mft.myp file, c) uninstalled/reinstalled the entire game... all of which has failed to fix the problem. And no... this isn't an ISP issue.

So for me, it's really quite simple... either they fix the issue or I quit playing and cancel my account. It's hard to enjoy the game when you can't see your vendor (for crafting), you can't see the channeler (to port somewhere), and you can't see the enemy (that's standing right in front of you killing you).
  • Maybe they want you to see what it actually looks like when there are 0 people around to play with?
  • It’s a sneak peak of the population if they don’t get the new patch out soon lol

Happened to me in housing the other day, no merchants up or porters or anything. Had to relog completely. Happened a few times in rvr also and relighting isn’t always a good situation if in the middle of nowhere and not buffs are gone
  • It goes back way further, reported it on another forum that should had mattered with Zero feedback as usual.
  • I managed to play 13mins 49 secs today before it happened for the first time. I in-game /appeal'd it and I'll continue to do it EVERY SINGLE TIME it happens going forward. I recommend that everyone else do it also please. Maybe if they get 50-100 /appeals on the same siht in game, maybe... just ()&)**)(* maybe they'll look into it.
  • Ok, so let's see... my last post was at 12:41pm EST... it's now 12:58pm EST and it's already happened again! This time in my house... no vendors, can't port, can't do *%%$^(*&! Logging out... AGAIN!
  • Just had the client crash in TNN while talking in Discord. This game is AWESOME (not)!
  • 3rd time just today. Really need some free sup pots for this.
  • happen to me 3x, all in the last week (or week or w/e I posted this vid), 2 in fights 1 in town

gonna make me RAGE when I die to someone I make fun of for being gimpy, thank god I can fraps it I suppose, but would sure be nice to get fixed asap before all other things
  • I also randomly alt tab and take 3-4 sec to get back in and lag off boat everytime fi I alt tab and tba back on still on it, I think that's my side but (happen since windows 10 did a big update), but between that and disappearing **** daoc getting kind of lame ;\
  • What is really sad is it has been on there official boards for 10 days and still no respomar from @broadsword
  • 4 times yesterday, already once today and I've been on less than 1hr. HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, BROADSWORD...…………… HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
  • edited September 2018 PM
    Hey guys/gals... just so you know, the "BUG" of DISAPPEARING NPCS and ENEMIES is an "IN-GAME" issue... but.... wait for it.... bug reports are handled by their QA Team, which cannot assist with IN-GAME issues!! ROFL! [edited]

Here's their response to my last /appeal bug inquiry concerning the disappearance of NPCs/players:

Unfortunately, you opened your appeal as Bug Report. Bug Reports are handled by our Quality Assurance Team, who cannot assist you with In-game issues. If the issue still persists, please open a new appeal with a brief description of the issue. Do not submit this appeal as Bug Report. If you are unsure which category to use for your appeal, please open an Emergency Appeal.
    Post edited by Driralin on
  • BS really needs to get a handle of this issue. Knock on wood, I haven't had this happen to me yet, but several of my group mates has this happening to them ALL THE TIME. All the time meaning, at least 2-3 times a day. It is a real struggle when my main healer is having to hide and relog all the time because everything on her screen disappeared.
  • its really annoying when you don't know it happens, so your out roaming around for 20 mins seeing nothing, then some **** noob kills u down for 100 dmg a hit you cant see or target and its like awesome

i just log off now i don't zone to fix it
  • Well it's obvious that BS could truly care less what we say or do. If they had anything that even REMOTELY resembled a true support department/process this would've already been acknowledged and they'd actively be working towards a resolution. So since they don't care, I don't care about paying them MORE money for a game that CAN'T BE PLAYED because of GRAPHICS ISSUES... IN-GAME! I took their survey after closing my account and answered it honestly...

I'm leaving this game for the 2nd time (and prob last) for one reason... the VANISH bug where NPCs and other players DISAPPEAR and NEVER COME BACK until you relog. This is an ACTIVE complaint on the BS boards and has been for weeks with ZERO response or even an acknowledgement from BS that they're aware of the issue. I waited for weeks for a simple response on what to do or what was being done only to receive generic auto-response emails and NO in-game response whatsoever after several emergency appeals. Not gonna pay you money when you won't even acknowledge my issue (and that of many, many others).

Peace out everybody... GL getting a resolution!
  • sorry valtar it is sad to lose any players, specialy from a constant in game bug, hopefuly if they announce its fixed you will come back

@John_Broadsword this is a real problem, please help us, if not for us, for you ;\
  • Was looking up the english word so just in case they forgot the 100 times i said it.

4befcu4j0ulk.png
  • Pretty disappointed on the lack of any official response on this major issue.
  • say susies pigtails are ugly 17 mods instantly rush to edit your post and ban you

asking a question about a problem in the game that is going to make you unsub soon, totally ignored without care

perhaps a reevaluation of priorities is needed for the broadsword company
    say susies pigtails are ugly 17 mods instantly rush to edit your post and ban you

asking a question about a problem in the game that is going to make you unsub soon, totally ignored without care

perhaps a reevaluation of priorities is needed for the broadsword company

• Apologies, was investigating and was unavailable for a couple of days myself.

We've identified the cause of this and plan to have it addressed in 1.125. In the meantime, zone out of NF occasionally and it'll keep it at bay.
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • well you cant complain if you don't give praise aswell

thanks, that is great news I was expecting a "its not us its you" line, awesome to see its been looked at and the problem has been found and is fixable

thank you
  • I find it funny when it happens on my bot who is minimized but not on my main screen. At least the buffs don’t drop
  • was wondering same---can a player stick/hit and then alt tab to his bot and continue to hit you while disappearing
    on your screen?
  • KatKat
    edited September 2018 PM
    Apologies, was investigating and was unavailable for a couple of days myself.

We've identified the cause of this and plan to have it addressed in 1.125. In the meantime, zone out of NF occasionally and it'll keep it at bay.

I appreciate that BS is finally acknowledging there is a problem, but to not fix this asap is not the best look. I find the response incredibly lazy. If this is a more complex issue, that will require hours of downtime, how about letting us know? I am sure I am not the only person who wouldn't mind a short server shut down to get this fixed ASAP.

The patch has been put off for months and we still don't have a date. This should be a hot fix

Edit: And acting like zoning is a temporary fix is just even more annoying. There have been times I have logged on, and first run, everything is gone. There is no way to time the zoning to avoid this
    Post edited by Kat on
  • Kat, if it was hotfixable it would be hotfixed asap, but unfortunately it's not. It's more involved than that. 1.125 includes a lot of changes and interlocking pieces, separate from this, from what I understand if we pushed it now parts would go live, which are not ready to go live and may cause other issues.
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • @Carol_Broadsword with all due respect for the challenges faced in the developing communities, this "super" patch and the constant delays/excuses can be summed up as extremely poor planning. That's in all honesty the truth. Now the question is "how do you correct the path to help readjust your players expectations?" We are after all submitting bugs/reports, taking videos, providing logs, etc. more readily than ever before to help but are still not being met with the "transparency" we should be given. That is about as objective I can be.
  • awesome thanks
  • thanks @kat for getting this fix rushed cheers
    thanks @kat for getting this fix rushed cheers

:P Hope it is fixed..but def a community effort.
  • I heard Kat drove to the trailer park where BS hq is located and threatened to kick out the cinder block foundation
  • BurkleyRIP wrote: »
    I heard Kat drove to the trailer park where BS hq is located and threatened to kick out the cinder block foundation

auheUEHUHAUhuehaueHUEHAuehuahauEHUEHAUEh
  • Folks, regarding the "disappearing character" issue there needs to be some clarification. There are 2 separate issues with this. The first of those issues involves a client-only bug that we identified a fix for last week and implemented yesterday. Unfortunately, this client-only issue is the rarer of the 2 and one that would only affect 1 character becoming invisible on screen.

The other "disappearing characterS" issue where multiple characters/monsters/pets/objects disappear off the screen is a connection issue. As of our investigations thus far - this is most likely NOT a game-related issue as it only started occuring about 2-3 weeks ago and no changes have been made to the game recently that would point to an issue like this starting. Connection issues aren't necessarily an ISP issue, and we don't think this issue is an ISP-related one, but our best theory is that this may be some sort of hardware/firmware/firewall update or common app running in tandem with DAOC that is impacting players who happen to have gotten that update or are running some common application that changed and is now causing issues with DAOC.

What we'd like from those that are experiencing the multiple characters/monsters/pets/objects disappearing at once issue to do is to try logging into the game without any other 3rd party apps running and see if they can still reproduce the issue. If they can't, start opening up other apps you normally use until you see the issue again.

In the meantime, we'll continue gathering information and working towards a fix for this matter. But to be clear, there is no timetable on a fix of this 2nd issue on our end as all of our indications are that it's a connection issue and not a game-related issue.
  • Just had this happen to me again, today. It happened 3 times yesterday. Once before noon EST then twice again later in the day. Each time I logged out and back in only to have it happen again. This time, just now, was in Molv (Alb). AT was being trebbed from Svart. All trebs disappeared; all enemies disappeared, all friendly players disappeared; all animals disappeared (forest cats, etc). I could no longer hear AT being hit either.

The only thing up on my computer when playing DAOC is DAOC and Discord. I just don't see how ALL of the 'active' player components simply DISAPPEAR yet everything else stays... the towers/PKs, the weather, the trees, the water. The session stays active (I don't get disconnected), no lagg, no network hiccups... at least according to DAOC's own "green balls", they never change color. Everything's there 1 second... and the next they're just GONE.