Disappearing bug - NPC/Players

KatKat
edited September 2018 in Support Forum
It has now been a MONTH since I first reported the disappearing bug on post count, and others have reported this problem.

Not only has this not been fixed, but it is getting worse. And this is not just affecting a few people. If you have to restart the server, or notify Amazon, do a hot fix, a temporary shut down..or what ever, please just do it. Though I don't understand the silence, I am confident you are aware of the problem. So please either fix it, or let us know what the issue is. Population is dying, and people are fed up with these kind of bugs. Even if you have to shut down for a bit, at least people will know these issues are not being ignored.

Like other posters, I have done the fixes suggested, but the problem has not stopped.
Post edited by Kat on

Comments

• You need to be more specific on what NPC's. Give more info. There are season NPC's that disappear through out the year, there are 'roaming' NPC's that should be in one place that aren't there like the Siege merchant (cant remember the name) in TNN. There's lots of different NPC's that do this by nature. There are NPC's that disappear, if you are more specific I'm sure someone can help you :)

P.S. If you appeal or you get back 'working as intended', or some abbreviation of that, it means it's broken and you're a Hib..I mean dont matter. I mean, they're working on it :) (usually all 3)
    Remove /use on items
    Add 6 hour RvR realm timer
    Advertise
    The first 3 steps needed to improve DAoC, everything else is a waste of time
  • Dimeetreas wrote: »
    You need to be more specific on what NPC's. Give more info. There are season NPC's that disappear through out the year, there are 'roaming' NPC's that should be in one place that aren't there like the Siege merchant (cant remember the name) in TNN. There's lots of different NPC's that do this by nature. There are NPC's that disappear, if you are more specific I'm sure someone can help you :)

P.S. If you appeal or you get back 'working as intended', or some abbreviation of that, it means it's broken and you're a Hib..I mean dont matter. I mean, they're working on it :) (usually all 3)

Look at Kat's first post about this issue;) there is a video showing you exactly what we mean;) and it's ALL npc's /players/mobs ,(* not seasonal or certain ones;))and most times when dual logged, it only happens to one acct;) and not the other;) log out and back in , and it resolves the issue ( or zoning to a different place , camelot/CS etc ) then back to where we were, also fixes the issue;) just really inconvenient when you are fighting=/ and the enemy sees you and can hit you , but you have no target at all and can't see or hit them=/ F8 will not work , because there is no one there;) Can't see your realm mates or group mates, can't target to heal etc..
    <3Baby;)
    Baby-Friar
    Babe-Reaver
    Babys-Warden
    Babydoll-Shaman
  • KatKat
    edited September 2018 PM
    Dimeetreas wrote: »
    You need to be more specific on what NPC's. Give more info. There are season NPC's that disappear through out the year, there are 'roaming' NPC's that should be in one place that aren't there like the Siege merchant (cant remember the name) in TNN. There's lots of different NPC's that do this by nature. There are NPC's that disappear, if you are more specific I'm sure someone can help you :)

https://forum.darkageofcamelot.com/discussion/1063/disappearing-npcs-and-pcs#latest

http://www.postcount.net/forum/showthread.php?220933-npc-and-players-disappearing

https://forum.darkageofcamelot.com/discussion/1015/npcs-and-players-disappearing#latest

https://forum.darkageofcamelot.com/discussion/1069/video-broadsword-your-major-problem-shown-on-camera#latest

Post edited by Kat on
  • I just died because I couldn't see anyone. This was at 9pm est. on the island. Thanks BS for helping zergers get more of my rps ><