Repairing Items

Repairing Armour. Written by tald.

Maintaining your gear is one of the many mini tasks/games within Dark Age of Camelot.

You will notice if you <right click> your armour, weapon and jewelry than it shows Condition, Durability.
EKUJI4.jpg
JXySWA.jpg

As armour pieces get hit, and your weapon strikes and/or you cast spells the Condition will decrease over time. This is most noticable on Caster Staffs and more specifically Harps for Bards and Minstrels.

Low condition armour (below 99%) you will start taking more damage from melee and bolts. For optimal damage reduction you will want to maintain this at 100% by visiting the Smith every few days and simple dragging your weapon/armour to the smith to repair

Low condition Weapons
-Melee Weapons you will start doing less damage and you will notice if you delve your weapon (right click and this shift I) the DPS will be lower e.g. 98% Weapon loses 0.3 DPS at RR4 (16.2 > 15.9) EKUJI4.jpg
-Staffs your spells will start cost more power, which means less spells per power bar
-Harps your chants may start dropping out randomly or may miss a tick

As you repair your armour regularly you will notice the durability will start to drop. Once the durability reach zero - the item will no longer be effective. Durability is like the items hit points, each repair you lost some - MP/100% items have a hidden bonus to this which could be guessed as equal to an extra 10% item hit points.

Armor and Weapons become less effective as their condition decreases, resulting in less damage absorbed (armor) or less damage dealt (weapons). Armor and Weapons that have +skill stats will also not provide any stat bonuses if they reach 70% condition. Accessories do not lose their effectiveness as condition decreases, so accessories without +skill stats do not ever need to be repaired as their stats will still affect your character at 70% condition.

There are multiple places around the realms to repair your items, the 2 easiest places are a) at any realm owned keep you can right click the wall to show a hook point on the ground and purchase a smith.

OrGnAB.jpg

Or b) at your portal town the first place you goto when you enter NF

3GlrM7.jpg.

You can also have a smith at your own house or purchase a smith stone from the kings room which can be /use to summon a merchant almost anywhere (requires CL ?)

Some Resources worth reading and understanding

http://camelotherald.wikia.com/wiki/Melee_Damage
Post edited by Carol_Broadsword on
DAoC Community Lead
Broadsword Online Games
Tagged:

Comments

• A player crafter (which could be yourself), can also repair many items. Certain items can only be repaired by an NPC.
    Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters
  • Please go to back to the developers and get the correct information for this topic, because nobody is helped with this kind of wrong / incomplete information.

Armor and Weapons decay from the first swing / hit. So even a weapon or armor that was hit once will give you less protection / damage then a just repaired armor / weapon. So even if the item still shows 100% condition it is doing less after being hit. The game is doing something like: MAX = "max hits possible until item is at 70%", CUR = "current number of swings / hits"

Weapon damage based on condition = 70% + 30% * (MAX - CUR) / MAX

A second very important not is that item decay twice as fast below 90% condition. So it take the same amount of time / hits form 100% to 90% as from 90% to 70%. So if an item needs repairs then do it at least at 90%.

Another missing part. If you repair x% condition then this will result in x% + 1% durability lost. So if you wanna use a item as long as possible you need to repair it at exactly 90%. However then you loose up to 10% damage / protection. So better repair it before that.

Also missing is that condition also effects block rates of shields.

http://talsyra.tripod.com/daocmechanics/af_mechanics.html contains alot of false informations and should not be used.
    Vroni / Vanesyra / Rommie
    excidio.net - Charplaner / Spellcrafter / Herald - PM me on errors / wishes on this
  • edited April 2018 PM
    [...]
    Items that reach 70% Condition will no longer give you bonuses of Stat Caps and Skills. [...]

Stat caps too?

Post edited by Romanvs on
  • Thanks - edited a bit for clarity and accuracy.

@tald
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • I love crowdsourcing!

Smith Stone - 5p. CL 9 required.

House Smiths make repair at a discount which I can't find the documentation for. Plus, patch notes for version 1.76 says "Repairing artifacts at player houses will no longer provide the house discount." - which I have no idea if this is still true.
  • edited April 2018 PM
    @Vanesyra it is an overview of the basics, if you wish to go into the mathematics and science - feel free to be a little more polite and just add the relevant information.

If you choose to repair at 90% etc that is the persons choice for sure, my recommendation regardless of decay (when i wrote this - it was old school decay) is to do it regularly at 98-99.
    Post edited by tald on
  • tald wrote: »
    @Vanesyra it is an overview of the basics, if you wish to go into the mathematics and science - feel free to be a little more polite and just add the relevant information.

If you choose to repair at 90% etc that is the persons choice for sure, my recommendation regardless of decay (when i wrote this - it was old school decay) is to do it regularly at 98-99.

I am no native speaker, so what is not polite? I am just asking saying "please" get the correct information, because it's wrong and because it does not help anyone if it's wrong / incomplete. I am also giving a list of things that are broken here.

What you maybe don't know is that wrong or incomplete information is very often getting it's way back into my PMs / Emails one or the other day. I am doing tools / testing for this game since the beginning and a big part of my time on this is talking / answering questions from people that somewhere read wrong stuff / got wrong data. So I have somehow a benefit if information that is posted by broadsword is correct. I never wanna anger someone, because why? does not give me any benefit.

And no, I did not say that you should repair at 90%. I only written that at that point the items life time is maxed. But I also noted that then you suffer a up to 10% penalty on your damage / protection and that you should repair before that point. But this information is mostly important for accessories with +skills on them, as you can max their life time with this.

Well and I think people still playing DAOC are old enough to do this little math task :smile: and if not, there was enough text to read anyway :blush:
    Vroni / Vanesyra / Rommie
    excidio.net - Charplaner / Spellcrafter / Herald - PM me on errors / wishes on this