There should be page on the herald with Spell crafting calc, itembase and starter temps

This game is so much fun but imagine being a new or returning player and making a template. There should be a page that shows everything involved with making a template. On top of that there needs to be a spell crafting calculator with all the items in the game. Finally there needs to be a few basic templates for each class on the website. Something that a new player can see and go out to get thise items. From there they will have a better understanding of making a template.

Ps - i know about the starting armor and jewelry but that doesnt help like a template page would

Comments

• kings gear is pretty good, I thnik that is their starter temp, free for all
  • I think it’s time for Kings gear to cap ToA bonuses and have a Heal Over Time charge (maybe necklace).

Also Kings small shield should have power pool and spell duration.
    Symonde (Cleric)
    Symfriar (Friar duh)
    Symsorc (Double duh)
    Sympets (Theurg)
    Symmond (Arms)
    Some random mids and hibs
  • https://discord.gg/daoc

#template_help

there is some valuable links in there for starter templates thanks to @dwale

• would be nice if herald updated rvr stats and who owns which keep like old times... but broadsword is not on board for keeping the player base informed
  • Kings gear is crap, I literally died on my armsman to a red doppelganger while running box quest earlier today. And I had red bot buffs also. Imagine running into a real player while wearing kings gear. You get destroyed
  • edited August 2018 PM
    BurkleyRIP wrote: »
    Kings gear is crap, I literally died on my armsman to a red doppelganger while running box quest earlier today. And I had red bot buffs also. Imagine running into a real player while wearing kings gear. You get destroyed

Now that I think about it King's gear should definitely be updated before FTP comes out. It was fairly decent when it came out but since its release, mythical stat caps have been introduced which completely changed the game. Before that, King's gear would essentially give you the same exact same hard stats (or better sometimes) than custom templates except without the /uses and procs of nice end game templates. NOW all kings gear does is get you into essentially Battlegrounds armor for NF, and anyone who plays battlegrounds knows how EZPZ rps BG geared toons are
    Post edited by Armagedden on
  • People shouldnt have to log into discord to find a template. Get the stuff on the herald which should have a template calculator with database.
  • How do you die to a doppelganger on an armsman. They are so easy lol. Kings gear is great for what it is. A lot of temps use pieces because they have great bonuses. My armsman template

If anything they should be harder to get. Make players do epic quests to get them.

Plus the majority of + mythical stat bonuses are from jewelry, not armor. So updating the kings armor isn't really the answer
  • edited August 2018 PM
    I’m 42 shield 50 2 hand and 39 thrust. Used all reactionaries and positional I could. Not sure what else I could have done vs an npc?

I’ve killed hundreds of them probably on all of my templated toons and never go below 80% probably. Just saying the temp from the king gets you nowhere.
    Post edited by BurkleyRIP on
  • BurkleyRIP wrote: »
    I’m 42 shield 50 2 hand and 39 thrust. Used all reactionaries and positional I could. Not sure what else I could have done vs an npc?

I’ve killed hundreds of them probably on all of my templated toons and never go below 80% probably. Just saying the temp from the king gets you nowhere.

Gotta say I'm still pretty perplexed by you dying to a doppel but I suppose it can happen??? I remember soloing purple DF mobs on my paladin years ago in old **** epic gear and random accessories before I even knew what a template was haha
  • I was shocked too, believe me. I normally tear through them like a gray con on anything with a template. I was like, ****, I hope no one saw that spam
  • figured you picked a bad place to afk
    as we all have :)
  • Honestly, the introduction of an NPC or similar in the capital cities that explained caps and resists and spellcrafting etc. would probably be an invaluable thing. Someone has to literally hit up external sources (web, discord, etc) to learn about those now. For brand-new players ofc.