Cowards

I've had so many people in WoW tell me they came back to DAoC to check it out again, and left because of all the cowards in BG's. Why does Broadsword allow the xp off temp'd toons to play in the same BG as the levelers? WoW did this for a bit, and after some outcry, they split them up, if you were xp off, you only went to a BG with other xp off players. The xp off BG's died, because when faced with a level playing field, the xp off cowards quit.

I'd love to see the same here, so we could see who really like's the BG, and who is just a coward that can't cut it at 50 RvR.

Comments

• Unfortunately the population is so drastically low I don't believe this would have any beneficial outcome whatsoever
  • Also, the whole point of bg's are.... they are.... wait for it.... battle grounds....

xping is quite possible in safe pve zones, but is slower, xping in rvr zones is faster but comes at a risk, that's kind of the point of it

I get that it's frustrating, when I'm bored and go lvl a little in bg it is frustrating when people kill me and makes me leave the bg

On a side note, in a few weeks time I plan to be offering some free PL session on hib
    AlbionExiles (Warden) | AlbionExecutioner (Champion) | AlbionExile (Bainshee)
    TheWayForward
  • Well albionexile, if they didn't allow the cowards, then the xp people could RvR each other in there and have fun while leveling up. The problem in BG's is not getting killed, it's allowing people to stay there and gear up toons so much that only other cowards doing the same thing have a chance. Before this game died, BG's were fun and full of people RvR'ing WHILE they were leveling, now it is empty, and people trying to level another toon up dread Molvik and Cathal VAlley, because that's where the cowards are.
  • Hamur needs a safe space, dang it!

Not sure what the word irony means.

Will look it up.
  • Hamur wrote: »
    Well albionexile, if they didn't allow the cowards, then the xp people could RvR each other in there and have fun while leveling up. The problem in BG's is not getting killed, it's allowing people to stay there and gear up toons so much that only other cowards doing the same thing have a chance. Before this game died, BG's were fun and full of people RvR'ing WHILE they were leveling, now it is empty, and people trying to level another toon up dread Molvik and Cathal VAlley, because that's where the cowards are.

It's always been that way even back in the day, you'd have thid people with top gear and trashing other people / who were 20, principally nothing changes tbh, just its a slightly different version of it, I recall back on the rvr "safe zone" servers, I could never get to 50 because of essentially this, well... that was probably over 10 years ago....
    AlbionExiles (Warden) | AlbionExecutioner (Champion) | AlbionExile (Bainshee)
    TheWayForward
  • Hamur needs a safe space, dang it!

Not sure what the word irony means.

Will look it up.

I don't need a safe space, I just dislike cowards, that's all. I'll be going back to WoW with my friends, just like so many others, because no matter that games faults, at least they don't promote cowardice. With less than 1000 on in this game, you would think they might get the hint and change a few things...

• Is this really that big of a problem? I’ve leveled to 50 in probably 15 toons in the bg’s in the past year. Did I die a few times to templated perma bg toons? Yeah, but it certainly wasn’t the end of the world. I’d just keep going back, and if I’m being grief killed more than a few times, I log or do something else and come back after a little bit.
  • No, it's not a big problem. Hamur literally has a game where there are 10 million sq miles of XP zones to level whatever toon he wants (w/o cowards to kill him, as he puts it)... but because he "chooses" to level his toons in a BG and gets rolled there, the game isn't "fair" and should be modified to suit HIS needs!!! I bet when he's on his 50 in NF and he runs across sub-lvl 50 toons trying to XP and rolls them, he's not complaining about the "cowards" then!

People /xp and /rp off in BGs for a lot of reasons. It's nice to know you can go into Molvik at 39 and RR1L9 and know that it IS a level playing field. No one is RR14 with 500 more abilities than the person they come across. Most are lvl 39 and 1L9 just like the next person. If you get rolled, pick yourself up, re-buff, and try again.

I'd bet $ this is the guy that sends people IM's in Molvik about how they suck, only have BG toons, can't play in NF, etc... then logs, like a COWARD, before you can respond!
  • Not even an issue
  • Valtar wrote: »
    No, it's not a big problem. Hamur literally has a game where there are 10 million sq miles of XP zones to level whatever toon he wants (w/o cowards to kill him, as he puts it)... but because he "chooses" to level his toons in a BG and gets rolled there, the game isn't "fair" and should be modified to suit HIS needs!!! I bet when he's on his 50 in NF and he runs across sub-lvl 50 toons trying to XP and rolls them, he's not complaining about the "cowards" then!

People /xp and /rp off in BGs for a lot of reasons. It's nice to know you can go into Molvik at 39 and RR1L9 and know that it IS a level playing field. No one is RR14 with 500 more abilities than the person they come across. Most are lvl 39 and 1L9 just like the next person. If you get rolled, pick yourself up, re-buff, and try again.

I'd bet $ this is the guy that sends people IM's in Molvik about how they suck, only have BG toons, can't play in NF, etc... then logs, like a COWARD, before you can respond!

You got it totally wrong, but I'm guessing that's because you are one of the cowards. Molvik actually has some true RvR people that are not cowards. They roam the keep and the towers, and never venture to the xp mob areas, and do you know why? Because they know there will be no actual RvR there, there will just be a guy in combat with a mob that they roll. They are NOT cowards. Can you see the difference?

As for it being a non-issue, on a game with less that 200 active per realm every night, a few dozen or so in each realm would make a difference, and as I know quite a few in WoW that returned here and then left, like I'm doing now, I think it is an issue. The player base continues to dwindle, and if not for cowards, you have people that would actually return! The few toons I got to 50 have been a blast, and I'm not even a high RR. But considering this game is totally about end game RvR, and the only remotely descent way to level is in BG's... well, it's just not worth putting up with the same cowards every time. I play to have fun, not contribute to a cowards small penis syndrome...
  • BurkleyRIP wrote: »
    if I’m being grief killed more than a few times, I log

That is a death sentence for MMO's. Most people who keep logging off a game, because it's no longer fun at times, find a better game. And the population dwindles more...

• It’s a pvp zone, if it bothers you that much, there are plenty of other options
    It’s a pvp zone, if it bothers you that much, there are plenty of other options

Leveling up in BG's is INSANELY faster than anywhere else, so it is only an option if I want it to take months to levl up, instead of a few days. This game is old, it is designed to be played RvR at 50. Period. At this point, if a person has 1 lvl 50, they should just let you create lvl 50's from scratch, no leveling needed.
  • Since we talking about bg's in Molvik lately has been very bad with Twozeroeiteen kazorax, Marriejane the vw who climb molvik ck and says they can because they are protected by BS by having a friend inside BS, so they cant never get banned from anything they do , so lately has been like that, cheaters, radar, speed hackers and all that stuff going on we ask why they doing that, they because they can and no one can stop them. Pretty sad, we pay ton of money to have some fun and get that every single day now. Hibs and mids are the same which is ok I guess I don't know, because I asked one time and got yelled by BS so I don't really know anymore whats going on.
    I been just frustrated, with all that. Because albs log off due to hibs and mids taking over alb side Twozero says BS are with them so we cant do anything about it. which one is truth? BS we the people would like to hear from you.
    Thank you,
  • Well Hamur, it's fair to say you never played this game when it took MONTHS just to get to level 20! If you had, you wouldn't be whining about not being able to XP in a PvP zone (BG) and get levels for basically doing nothing. I have no clue how you level, but I can have a new toon from level 0 to level 40 in about 3hrs of play time... SOLO and in about 2hrs if I have a little help from 1 other person! And that's without ever entering Molvik, and without any bots or macro-groups assisting. So that leaves you getting from level 40-50 which can take a few more hours to a couple of days depending on your play time. Totaled, that means a new toon from 0-50 in about 8-12hrs to a day or two. If that's "too much time" for you to spend leveling... then it's probably time for you to move on back to Wow.
  • I thought this was a thread about people who stay in BGs are cowards and they won't go to NF. I was wrong.
    ~Westies
  • edited September 2018 PM
    Nope. Just someone complaining about how easy it is to level nowadays because they got killed a few times.

Guess we can go back to leveling in dungeons and taking months to hit 50
    Post edited by BurkleyRIP on
  • pretty sure your doing something very wrong if you think its insanely faster. I solo lvled a aug healer to 50 cl15 in an evening how much faster do you want it? its comments like this why the game is dead everyone wants "safe" zones in a rvr game. the game has been dumbed down as low as it can get the only option left to please people like you is /50 imo
  • My comment? I’m confused
  • no the quote didn't work for some reason but was directed at Hamurs quote on yours above
  • I just leveled a sorc, 6 hours from 1-50 doing only bg quests and glass quests. Died a few times in molvik only but just kept running tower quest anyway while basically naked with armor from the level 15 bg.
  • edited November 2018 PM
    I get it's irritating but there is absolutely nothing to do about players who temp and camp bg's.

[edited]
    Post edited by Driralin on
  • Eithne wrote: »
    Since we talking about bg's in Molvik lately has been very bad with Twozeroeiteen kazorax, Marriejane the vw who climb molvik ck and says they can because they are protected by BS by having a friend inside BS, so they cant never get banned from anything they do , so lately has been like that, cheaters, radar, speed hackers and all that stuff going on we ask why they doing that, they because they can and no one can stop them. Pretty sad, we pay ton of money to have some fun and get that every single day now. Hibs and mids are the same which is ok I guess I don't know, because I asked one time and got yelled by BS so I don't really know anymore whats going on.
    I been just frustrated, with all that. Because albs log off due to hibs and mids taking over alb side Twozero says BS are with them so we cant do anything about it. which one is truth? BS we the people would like to hear from you.
    Thank you,

please post proof of your false accusations. I have never used third party tools. You sound like someone who doesn't understand game mechanics, and claims hacker everytime you lose. I have never hopped a wall on anything other than my toons that are able to. Don't put words in my mouth :)
  • Hamur wrote: »
    I've had so many people in WoW tell me they came back to DAoC to check it out again, and left because of all the cowards in BG's. Why does Broadsword allow the xp off temp'd toons to play in the same BG as the levelers? WoW did this for a bit, and after some outcry, they split them up, if you were xp off, you only went to a BG with other xp off players. The xp off BG's died, because when faced with a level playing field, the xp off cowards quit.

I'd love to see the same here, so we could see who really like's the BG, and who is just a coward that can't cut it at 50 RvR.

Hate to burst ur bubble. But a majority of molvik players also play 50. Same with CV. A lot of us use molvik to escape zergy times when wed rather smallman or solo. Theres quite a large population of people who play BGs. Dont like it? Dont level in RvR zones. The same goes for rubble runners at 50 getting farmed by rank 10s.
  • Twozero wrote: »
    Hamur wrote: »

Hate to burst ur bubble. But a majority of molvik players also play 50. Same with CV. A lot of us use molvik to escape zergy times when wed rather smallman or solo. Theres quite a large population of people who play BGs. Dont like it? Dont level in RvR zones. The same goes for rubble runners at 50 getting farmed by rank 10s.

And honestly, adding on to this, only Molvik and to a lesser extent, CV, have this issue anyways. If you're having a hard time getting from 35-40, then you can literally just go level in another zone for an hour or two and carry on in the emptier BGs after that. It's an RvR zone, dying is a potential consequence of this. It's very much low-risk high reward in every BG besides Molvik anyway. Personally I do think killing XPers is kinda lame and generally prefer to let them go myself, but that doesn't change the fact that they're taking the risk of leveling in an RvR zone and that's just part of the game regardless of anyone's opinion on the matter.
    Former Thid Pro Soloer. Current Molvik Pro Soloer.
    https://www.daocutils.com/chimp/redattack
  • This weekend I leveled a chanter. Got through Molvik getting ganked maybe one time. Leirvik maybe another time, but killed a few trying to gank. CV was the worst, as this mid trio was on literally all day ganking at xp spots, but really it just saved me from having to run back after completing a few quests a few times by just /rel. when they just kept killing me I would go train and come back a few minutes later and they would be gone long enough for another couple quests. Who cares about dying, especially in a bg.
    This weekend I leveled a chanter. Got through Molvik getting ganked maybe one time. Leirvik maybe another time, but killed a few trying to gank. CV was the worst, as this mid trio was on literally all day ganking at xp spots, but really it just saved me from having to run back after completing a few quests a few times by just /rel. when they just kept killing me I would go train and come back a few minutes later and they would be gone long enough for another couple quests. Who cares about dying, especially in a bg.

most of the good players dont even go near xp spots. if you get run into hitting a tower then so be it. run to it quickly. however most bad people or people title farming camp the xpers. Wont ever see me near the xp pve spots.
  • if you want exp alone, you've many zones, quests and dungeons to do that without problem, fixed by your level.
    If you want to go in BGs to exp, it's normal people go there for many reason, killin people is the first one.

It's like saying we've not to kill RR1 players 'cause we're rr11 and there is no chance for them
    Aureola BloodWalker - Shadowblade - RR11L1 - Lone Enforcer
  • I do /laugh when the same trios and same stealthers in CV have to go to xp spots just to gank people.
    Daniellson - Healer
  • So you want to xp in the battlegrounds without the risk of the battlegrounds. I play all bgs. all my toons are temped there. Therefore because i took the forethought to PREPARE my toon i am a coward. I usually run solo/dou, i roam.. dont camp. If ya not on the same realm as the toon i am on..yer a target. Its ok to be perma movlik toon. But not any of the other bgs...i find that just silly.
  • Oh and in case your wondering.. I dont like toa. never have. nor do i like the new directions of nf. But rather than quit. i chose to play the bgs. I played nf on classic start to finish Ironmaidenn was my pally there. I have been called everything from coward and some things i cant really type here. Always the same thing..you cant cut it in nf..but when my rl3 pally beat a rr12+ arms in duel. (yes i have witnesses) instead of saying good job or nice duel i get ridiculed for using my few ra's intelligently. You can follow story line an level to 35 in a few hrs. If you have 8 hrs you can prob hit 50 easy.
  • I keep a temped shade in CV in case someone ticks me off and kills my leveling toons so I can go after them
  • Valtar wrote: »

Exactly what I was thinking!
  • I used to be a molvik only player before I quit. I hated the 50 grind. Spending insane amounts of plat to get the items I needed or run incredibly long and buggy raids to template just so it could be replaced with more buggy content / items in the near future. Solo play became an issue at 50 with all of the stealth zergs and BG's. Molvik was still soloable and it's where I had most of my fun. I used to 50 RvR very quite frequently, it's just not for me anymore.