what do people consider the most op toons on each realm, and why ?

i know this question also is dependent on situation, like solo, small man, fg, zerg etc, i just want feedback. so also say why you think a class is OP and what situation, or in general.
Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.

Comments

• Solo: any stealther due to escapability and straight up deeps

Small man: paladins, animists, SMs

8man: high RR necros, vamps, Savages

Zerg: who cares?
    Symonde (Cleric)
    Symfriar (Friar duh)
    Symsorc (Double duh)
    Sympets (Theurg)
    Symmond (Arms)
    Some random mids and hibs
  • vamps might be most op, valewalker got biggest skill cap and capable of amazing things

well played hunter is very hard to deal with

necros reavers and pallys is pretty gg on alb
  • edited July 2018 PM
    My opinion on these are coming from a player who plays mainly solo ranger.

Hib (not for sure since I mainly play Hib): Valewalker and Vampiir
    Midgard: Shaman, SM, Warrior
    Albion: Tic, Friar, Pally, necro

All 3 realms: Mauler
    Post edited by RonELuvv on
  • edited July 2018 PM
    Rock–paper–scissors
    Played every class and whatever class you play always 1-2 classes where you think, oh crap
    Post edited by BackOfRackhams on
  • the definition of balance is having a great chance to beat any other class if you play well

broadsword has no idea what to do so they just make each class have something it is super op against ect and no chance vs some others

as an old player its pretty sad to see the game go that direction
  • edited July 2018 PM
    I can't tell if you are being serious or sarcastic @Huehuaehue? That is the way the game has been designed since the beginning. As @BackOfRackhams stated, paper-rock-scissors. Yes, there have always been players that can overcome a bad matchup, but overall every class should have a couple bad matchups. I would much rather play this system over the mirror system almost every other mmo uses.
    Post edited by RonELuvv on
  • edited July 2018 PM
    ya there was always bad match ups, but not some 100% absolutely impossible everytime matchups like now

closing the gap between that is what balance is, and broadsword keeps widening that gap ;\

certain classes got way to op and people realise they lose not because of skill but because there is no chance to win, and are like lols what a joke and quit
    Post edited by Huehuaehue on
  • @RonELuvv Agreed, it has always been paper-rock-scissors. And again, I agree, this is a much more interesting way to go than mirroring. As stated in another post, almost every ability is available on all realms, just not straight mirror classes. Is there room for some balancing, sure, some classes have more bad machups than others, but that has truly been the struggle for this game since launch. To achieve Thanos like perfect balance.
  • To be honest I liked the game when heavy tanks where top of the solo tree, slow defensive and loads of HP. But a well played mini or sm or vw could kite them out and win with skill.

To me when you see light tanks chewing through heavies like they have no defense just seems dumb.

Broadswords just messed around with balance too much, along with bad items /uses and procs. game was so much 5-6 few years back.

They should of put resources into content not constant recycling classing and items. Years of bad management
  • theurg necro are slightly too strong, hib tanker syngergy might be a bit too strong. In general the game is quite balanced though. Savages are good but I dont consider them OP or in need of a change, working as intended.
  • Muylae wrote: »
    i know this question also is dependent on situation,

Its also dependant on who is behind the character, some people can make any class seem OP - whilst others make OP classes look bad.

Love to hear how you guys feel things like this can be balanced.

• tald wrote: »
    Muylae wrote: »
    i know this question also is dependent on situation,

Its also dependant on who is behind the character, some people can make any class seem OP - whilst others make OP classes look bad.

Love to hear how you guys feel things like this can be balanced.

that's the problem, noobs get rolled and constantly cry till the unexperienced devs change something, then u get a good player on the class and turn the whole game upside down and its a joke
  • edited July 2018 PM
    I mostly play a ranger now a days and sometimes there is a high rr skald, pally or friar that i have no chance at beating! Few other classes as well but for the most part i can hang. I get what hue is saying but its healthy some classes cant beat othere. Only issue for me is broadsword has made some of these healing/new classes so OP its is over the top. Case In point necros
    Post edited by Sepphiroth75 on
  • I dislike the concept of class balance. I enjoy the fact that as a heavy tank, fighting anything that can kite is an uphill battle. Sure it's frustrating at times but that's only if I'm naive enough to play their game. If I play my cards right I can easily kill hybrids and casters I just have to capitalize on their mistakes. Other then that there is no need to give every class opportunities (in terms of new abilities/items) to account for their weaknesses.
  • To be honest I liked the game when heavy tanks where top of the solo tree, slow defensive and loads of HP. But a well played mini or sm or vw could kite them out and win with skill.

To me when you see light tanks chewing through heavies like they have no defense just seems dumb.

Broadswords just messed around with balance too much, along with bad items /uses and procs. game was so much 5-6 few years back.

They should of put resources into content not constant recycling classing and items. Years of bad management

^THIS.
  • RonELuvv wrote: »
    My opinion on these are coming from a player who plays mainly solo ranger.

Hib (not for sure since I mainly play Hib): Valewalker and Vampiir
    Midgard: Shaman, SM, Warrior
    Albion: Tic, Friar, Pally, necro

All 3 realms: Mauler

Shamans and warriors? really? trolling?
  • A well played shaman is tough as hell to fight. They cast so damn fast and reflect sucks to manage. Pretty much any well played shield spec tank gives my ranger problems. Once again, I am only speaking about classes I have trouble with on my ranger. I'm not saying they are the most op'd overall as I don't play many classes other than my ranger.
  • You should never lose on a ranger to a shaman
  • Pretty sure Tanky would go MoC 5 and waste 30 points :D
  • Well as an 11L6 ranger who solo's most of the time I can say that shamans give me a ton of trouble. Thats great that you can do good on them on a ranger, bit the only time I do good against them is when it is wide open area with no los break. I will admit that if I spec'd MoC it would help on them but I don't use MoC.
  • Pretty sure Tanky would go MoC 5 and waste 30 points :D

hehe s**** might as well right :)
  • RonELuvv wrote: »
    Well as an 11L6 ranger who solo's most of the time I can say that shamans give me a ton of trouble. Thats great that you can do good on them on a ranger, bit the only time I do good against them is when it is wide open area with no los break. I will admit that if I spec'd MoC it would help on them but I don't use MoC.

Archery range over 1500 range should prevail unless you're within his range. Sure, double DoTs are going to hurt like hell, granted.
  • Agreed if we are in open, but with LoS breaks range doesn't give much of an advantage and most fights occur where there is tons of los break, which gives their faster cast times the advantage, and if you try to get on them in mele you just kills yourself.
  • nice thread so far :)

so i'll add my 2 cents

solo, the things i don't like to fight (svg pov) vamps, maulers, reavers,
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.