Catch Up in Braemar Event

Have you or your friends been thinking of coming back to Dark Age of Camelot? Or are you a veteran player just looking for a change of pace?

Our 6th Catch Up event has moved to the Braemar battleground! Catch Up in Braemar began today, Monday, November 7th at 5 PM EST / 11 PM CET!

Read on for the full details!

What is Catch Up in Caledonia Braemar?

It's a way to start fresh and rapidly progress to the end-game with players around your level

The 7-day long event that will take place entirely in the Realm vs Realm-enabled Braemar battleground zone

Players will start at level 1 and rapidly progress to level 50 all while earning gear, master levels, champion levels, and realm ranks along the way!

By event's end participants will be ready to compete in the Frontier!

When does the event start and end?

The event started at 5 PM EST / 11 PM CET on Monday, November 7th a nd will end at the same time on Monday, November 14th.

How does the event work?

For the first 4 days of the event, newly created level 1 characters will be automatically zoned into the Braemar battleground where they will vie for control against the enemy realms!
  • This will be the ONLY way to get inside the battleground zone. Once inside, characters can voluntarily leave but CANNOT return!
  • All monsters, center-keep guards, and siege weapons are removed for the event. The only way to progress is by defeating realm enemies in battle and completing the related quests.
  • Charm-pet classes will be able to create a pet to charm at their realm's portal keep.

Click here to visit the DAoC Herald!
DAoC Community Lead
Broadsword Online Games
Tagged:

Comments

• Might be a bit odd and overlooked, but i was not able to find an arrow merchant to purchase crossbow bolts from for intiltrator / armsmen crossbows.
  • edited November 2022 PM
    i hate this event, it just destroys the normal rvr. might as well take a week of from the game.

and while you are at it, might as well let everyone create new chars that are level 50 and rr 10-11 and fully geared at creation.

this sort of event is just a slap in the face for everyone that takes half a year to a year to reach the sort of RR that people get in a week in this event. it completely devalues any sort of achievement you reach the normal way.

some people in my guild are on the edge of quitting the game over this.

please, never again.
    Post edited by Muylae on
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • That's why it's called "catch up." If it was just like normal RvR then it wouldn't be anything special
  • I agree with Muy on that one.
    And it is not only the rps, but the amount of bps that are earned in this way also.
    This way of getting all the "goodies", that other may not even get in 6 months (or more playtime; just rvr), is not just a "catch up".
    This event sets most of the Braem-folks way ahead of a lot of other, older characters.
    And it should have been a rp- and xp-only-boost, with the normal amount of bps and plat - imho.
    Then some ppl may not feel betrayed or simply "robbed" (free/ec acc vs subs), like they do now.

Alb/Hib/Mid
  • Catch up does not need to be rr 9-10, You can competitive at rr 6-7 easy on most classes.
  • Muylae wrote: »
    i hate this event, it just destroys the normal rvr. might as well take a week of from the game.

and while you are at it, might as well let everyone create new chars that are level 50 and rr 10-11 and fully geared at creation.

this sort of event is just a slap in the face for everyone that takes half a year to a year to reach the sort of RR that people get in a week in this event. it completely devalues any sort of achievement you reach the normal way.

some people in my guild are on the edge of quitting the game over this.

please, never again.

RP inflation has been going on for many years prior to this event being started, I guess you are not complaining when it benefits you but you want to remove this for others?

Funny that you complain about an event that happens for a week at a time, 3 times a year ... so you have 49 weeks left to pve keeps and whatever it is that you do. And I am sure that the kind of people who say they will quit because of the event are exactly the kind of people who will never quit the game, regardless of how dead NF is. I know many people return for this event, probably because hero and others like him don't get involved :) happy days
  • Only a handful of sweaties reached RR11. They are the same ppl who pass you up in NF anyways so it doesn't matter. Casual players only reach RR7-8 at best. You probably won't see most of these casuals in NF anyways because DAoC is only really worth playing during events. The game has become extremely stale for day-to-day play.
  • The event . and the previous ones were designed to bring new players and returning players back. IT FAILS on that. All you see is regular players .. and IRC making new rr10+ alts. The rest of the people are lucky to hit rr5-rr7. How many new players or returning players are actually still playing a month after the event? i would say less than 1%. They see why they left . and leave again. Just a bunch of regular players in a small space just trading rps. EVERYONE get a trophy game. i die, you die, we all get rps.. back and forth. Rinse./Repeat. Frontiers has been a ghost town the entire time. Why? because its the current game populaton all there. Kinda simple logic but facts are facts.
  • I see Muy’s point. Maybe RP cap at some point. RR8 or something?

I’d like to see the event change to where anyone can port in, after a few days. (Assuming they are under the RR cap)
    Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters
  • Let all Join once a few hit 50 imo
  • I have to say, this event worked as intended for me. I even re-subbed for the first time since the 10 year anniversary. I greatly enjoyed the event and got some much needed experience in RvR combat.