New player seeking guidance

Hey guys, I subbed to the game and fired it up today and got to lvl 10 and finished the tutorial. Fun game and reminds me alot of my old EQ days. I would really like to learn the game and try to take it further but I have not seen a soul in sight. How do I meet people and learn the game? or is the game just to dead to reallly do much anymore?

Comments

• But what server is active?
    What is the best way to level?
    What level do I start seeing other players?
    When do I get to start PvPing?
  • Hey, welcome to the game.

Most of the action you will find is at level 50. There are some battlegrounds at lower levels, but those are hit or miss.

You may want to wait for 2 weeks. On 11/29, there will be a leveling event in the Caledonia battleground. It lasts until 12/6. You will be able to level up to certain amounts. Here is a link to the event.

https://darkageofcamelot.com/article/save-date-last-caledona-event-year

You may only start with a level 1 character. So your level 10 character will not be able to join. You would need to make a brand new character.

It is really easy to get to 50 in the event and get lots of realm points.

You will probably be able to meet a lot of people there.

If you prefer not to wait, then you can do the town quests that start where are you ported once you level out of the tutorial area. They take you from town to town. Good XP can be made but it's a bit boring. Also, you can level up by doing quests in the battlegrounds. That can be fun for some and you get a little RVR in.

Good luck.
  • edited November 2021 PM
    But what server is active? There is basically only one server - Ywain. The Ywain instances are basically just for housing. So, you can pick any Ywain and play against the active playerbase. Ywains that are recommended for newbies are those that have houses available (although you can find them on all servers)

What is the best way to level? The battlegrounds are the most straight forward and require the least knowledge/experience. World quests are also fast but require a better understanding of the game's questing system/zones in my opinion. Around level 30 people generally take a hiatus from battleground leveling to Oceanus for questing until about 36.

What level do I start seeing other players? In the battlegrounds, as soon as level 10 ish.

When do I get to start PvPing? If you're leveling in the battlegrounds, as soon as level 10 ish.

***As someone mentioned, there's an upcoming Caledonia event that allows you to level, get gear, and get realm rank through PVP. You probably want to attend that. Maybe spend the time until then figuring out class(es) you'd like to play, then you can participate in the event. As stated, you have to start a fresh toon for the event, so you'd be rerolling. I think Hib and Mid are probably more populated.
    Post edited by Enkertons on