Returning player - Can't find my characters

Hello there,

I played DAoC on live until the french server disclosure. I decided to get back to business with my old beloved characters so I managed to link my Mythic account with my EA one but my characters are shown anymore either on my account management page or in game.

I used to play on Hibernia, Ys server.

I've sent an email about this to support@darkageofcamelot.com with my email adress used to subscribe, account name, characters name, server and classes (at least the ones I could remember) but didn't get any answer.

What should I do now to retrieve them ?
Tagged:

Comments

• Hey there and welcome back!

If I understand you correctly, you can access your account and log in. Did you check if you maybe already transferred your characters to the Ywain live servers at some earlier point? If they are on none of the 10 different Ywain servers, and not on the archived server, the in-game support is the first line to help you find them!

To contact them, please create a character on the account that your characters used to be on, type /appeal and follow the on screen instructions. Let them know that you are looking for characters, and include the following information for each missing character: name, level, class, race, and the server they used to be on. Customer Support will then try to find them! Once their investigations are completed, you will most likely get an email informing you about the findings.

If it is possible that you had more than this account, then you can contact our account support team via the email support@darkageofcamelot.com with a brief description of the issue, all information you remember, and let them know that you already have access to that one account - include the account name - and that you assume that you had more than this account. Please allow them up to 72 days to come back to you, and make sure to keep an eye on your spam folder as well since emails sometimes end up there. Also, please understand that we are currently experiencing an ongoing issue with any email address hosted by Microsoft (including, but not limited to, Hotmail, Outlook, Live, MSN etc.). Unfortunately, emails sent via these providers often do not reach us, so we strongly recommend to use an email not hosted there. From experience, Gmail and Yahoo seem to work well! If you open an appeal as described in the previous paragraph and the email linked to your account is a Microsoft one, please send me a direct message here with the information our Customer Support Team will need to investigate your characters since they will be unable to reach you via email as well.

Crossing my fingers to see you again soon in the Frontiers!
    DAoC German Community Admin
    Broadsword Online Games

Shileahs Camelot-Kompendium - DAoC-Infos auf Deutsch
    Shileah of House Dara, the First of Her name, the Unressed, Master of Stickloss, Queen of Inc-Screams, Purge-Fails and lost Line of Sight, Breaker of Mezz, Mother of Doggos
  • edited October 2021 PM
    Thanks for the answer Lea, I'll first try to check every Ywain server even if I didn't transfer them there by myself and my account manager doesn't show any old characters. I'll keep you updated with this. :)
    Post edited by Hornakkan on
  • Awesome! Crossing my fingers you'll find your characters :smile:
    Broadsword Online Games

Shileah of House Dara, the First of Her name, the Unressed, Master of Stickloss, Queen of Inc-Screams, Purge-Fails and lost Line of Sight, Breaker of Mezz, Mother of Doggos
  • Checked every YWAIN server but didn't find any characters there. Tried the /appeal but never had any answer in game.
    So I just have to wait for an answer to my email. :(
  • edited November 2021 PM
    Hello Lea,

Still no news and nothing has changed regarding my characters.

The most hilarious is that I can find the ones I remember when using the Character & Guild search tool on your website. :'(

By example my nightshade and my ranger are both found.

I sent another email to support@darkageofcamelot.com with these new informations, hope it will help out.
  • If these characters are shown in the search, that points to them being on a different account than the one you think of. Is it possible you had multiple accounts?

If you haven't heard anything back within 72 hours after sending them an email, please send me a private message here with your account name (just the account name, not the password - never give your password to anyone), the names of the characters you are missing as well as their levels and classes, and I will see what I can find out!
    Broadsword Online Games

• edited November 2021 PM
    Thanks for your answer Lea, I only had one account and this is the one I see under the Account Management tab once logged with my EA credentials.

I also remember that when Mythic / GOA merged servers they added either _EUR or _EU at the end of accounts. What I rest assured is the main account name and the email attached to it (didn't changed my email adress since then).

I'll keep you updated within 72 hours if I didn't get any answer by email from the support. :)
  • Hi Lea,
    Sent you a private message with all the details regarding my account and characters. :)