Ok time to be blunt.

Comments

• They could put in some small man stuff at the spots where the RP buff obelisks used to appear. Some type of quest that goes away if you have more than 4 in grp. It doesn't have to be huge things but something like granting your realm 5% to XP, RP, BP, coin, etc. depending on what obelisk/quest is available.You would need to take and defend it for a certain period of time for the buff to activate.
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus
  • Omarius wrote: »
    best way to do some pressure on stun gun hib casters on a roof is a simple Nearsight spammer...^^ ..... but why easy when we can make it complicated..^^

Well this would require some thinking, organization and tactics, and thats not what @Stoopiduser is looking for.
  • edited June 2021 PM
    Dreamscape wrote: »
    I think the biggest complaint is Hib having 3 DPS casters with stun. If they were to change anything then they should limit base line stun to ments and that would give each realm 1 primary class with castable stun.
    As far as stun in keep take/defense, didn't they already address that issue with the obelisk for the main keep and the stun negating storm in stormlord?

Apparently albs dont want to spec stormlord. Because of.... well, no one knows why, they just dont want it.

I dont think you can just take away stun from 2 classes. Those classes are also played solo or in small man and they would miss an essential tool then.
    Post edited by Kroko on
  • People seem to forget that 3/5 hib casters don't have baseline root. in some specs (void Eld, Light ment, Es Bainshee), the only reliable form of cc is the single casted stun.

Hib casters are casual friendly. Hang in keeps, stun debuff nuke zergers down, rinse repeat. It's strong in that particular environment. They added stun negating storms. Why aren't they used more often? If it's such a big thing, why aren't people dropping them more often? Why do people drop power syphon storms if it's the stun the issue.
  • A neat trick is to jump to gain LOS temporarily so if you get stunned, mezzed, or rooted then you can't be subsequently nuked. Only defenders benefit from this and it's very easy to do. But I suppose pressing two buttons may be more difficult than one.
  • Too much work guys
  • Ive recommended a keep buff that reduces stun duration not unlike the obelisk thing they added. I would think the ablative from the obelisk helps with this a lot (on the inner anyway). But what do I know anymore? :>
  • Enkertons wrote: »
    Ive recommended a keep buff that reduces stun duration not unlike the obelisk thing they added. I would think the ablative from the obelisk helps with this a lot (on the inner anyway). But what do I know anymore? :>

Does the storm prevent one casted stun but you can be stunned by a second or does it give some type of a short duration immunity?
  • The storm gives a stun feedback buff, for one stun. No idea how much time until you get the buff again.
  • edited June 2021 PM
    Kroko wrote: »
    Well this would require some thinking, organization and tactics, and thats not what @Stoopiduser is looking for.

Umm.. NS a BG nice.. if you cant nuke 1 caster without getting 2-3 stun attempts on you, how can you NS the 5 - 6 stun nukers /nearest target /face /stun /nuke, lol tactics.
    Apparently albs dont want to spec stormlord. Because of.... well, no one knows why, they just dont want it.

I dont think you can just take away stun from 2 classes. Those classes are also played solo or in small man and they would miss an essential tool then.

Yup Stormlord has a fumble storm and stun feedback.. that can be moved by 1 SL NS climbing into keeps, 1 SL in the attacking BG pushing storms away negating the the whole line and even if you are a SL you cant move the enemy storms without moving your storms AKA shooting yourself in the foot PLUS is almost useless in groups, SW, BG, PN, CT, and even traps are in convoker.

I dont know why there arent more stormlords either and I being facetious ofc.
    Shoke wrote: »
    People seem to forget that 3/5 hib casters don't have baseline root. in some specs (void Eld, Light ment, Es Bainshee), the only reliable form of cc is the single casted stun.

Hib casters are casual friendly. Hang in keeps, stun debuff nuke zergers down, rinse repeat. It's strong in that particular environment. They added stun negating storms. Why aren't they used more often? If it's such a big thing, why aren't people dropping them more often? Why do people drop power syphon storms if it's the stun the issue.

So you are saying Hib is the casual realm due to stun (requires less tatcics lol @Kroko) and you cant take hib stun because they have 3 classes that dont get CC in selected lines.. I wonder if they could, I dunno, give them a base root like the other realms perhaps? would that not be better for them? I mean det tanks walk through the stun anyway surely hibs would be happy with that instead of a easy kill on everything without det9/stoic.
    puter wrote: »
    A neat trick is to jump to gain LOS temporarily so if you get stunned, mezzed, or rooted then you can't be subsequently nuked. Only defenders benefit from this and it's very easy to do. But I suppose pressing two buttons may be more difficult than one.

Yes and thats why you see Zury do it to land his DoT's even if there are to many to stun by himself so he can spam DoT on a single target and close down everyone in 350 rng of the poor sucker stood there. So great for DoTs not so much killing a target and its more tickling and feeding his healers RP's than a "Tactic".
    Dreamscape wrote: »
    Enkertons wrote: »
    Ive recommended a keep buff that reduces stun duration not unlike the obelisk thing they added. I would think the ablative from the obelisk helps with this a lot (on the inner anyway). But what do I know anymore? :>

Does the storm prevent one casted stun but you can be stunned by a second or does it give some type of a short duration immunity?
    The storm gives a stun feedback buff, for one stun. No idea how much time until you get the buff again.

It applies a Stun Feedback buff every few seconds and if you have more than 2 stuns land on you, as you do, first negated and second stuns you.. no immunity, and refreshed every few seconds so not totally useless. Usefull if you have 1 group taking a keep, not so good if you have more than 2 stun nukers.
    Post edited by Stoopiduser on
  • hib - bard, warden, druid fill
    alb - Sorc, friar, cleric - Fill
    Mid - Pac, Aug, sham - fill

a Savage isnt going to spec 50 savage so thats why you dont see mid tankers climbing
    If Albs dont run Arms or Mini's then they not going to climb

Use NS to counter Stun then have a Cleric ( Alb) or Healer( Mid) Stun and assist nuke down. Even if Hib casters are in a keep defending, not all 3 are casting Stun. You have the MA and then assist train.

Daoc has always been competitive. Nothing new. Even casual you have to learn your class.

What direction is BS going? I see a "Solo Zone" I see a "Group" zone, and I see huge RP bonuses for defending keeps. Looks like they are catering to all IMHO

• Too bad it didn't give you a few seconds of immunity so you could duck back out of sight.
  • Minibard wrote: »
    hib - bard, warden, druid fill
    Mid - Pac, Aug, sham - fill

a Savage isnt going to spec 50 savage so thats why you dont see mid tankers climbing
    If Albs dont run Arms or Mini's then they not going to climb

Use NS to counter Stun then have a Cleric ( Alb) or Healer( Mid) Stun and assist nuke down. Even if Hib casters are in a keep defending, not all 3 are casting Stun. You have the MA and then assist train.

Daoc has always been competitive. Nothing new. Even casual you have to learn your class.

What direction is BS going? I see a "Solo Zone" I see a "Group" zone, and I see huge RP bonuses for defending keeps. Looks like they are catering to all IMHO

I see a toxic "Solo Zone" where even they cant get along with each other let alone new/untemplated people trying to finish box quest,

I see a "Group" zone that is dead except for maybe 30 mins a night until IRC log in and kill everything and even the set 8 mans go "Help" BG's.

I see Ghost Keep being dominated by "Casual friendly" Hibs with IRC farming everything trying to do the quest because they have no 8man that will fight/dodge them after the first 3 deaths.

Welcome to Dark Age of Camelot!*

* Dont play anything but Hib if you want fun as the game is siege based and you have to hide inside a keep until you are dead unless you can get an 8 man, learn to assist, Use uber tactics like NS every Stun Nuker in a BG or Jump up and down behind a pillar.

Honestly guys these arguments are just getting worse, do you really believe the answer is get good everytime?
  • @Stoopiduser well, it's not as simple as take out stun replace with root.

Let's say you take it out of a caster for the sake of being fair with other realms, then you need to out baseline stun on druid.

But then druid already has a root, you take that out? Their nature spec is based on roots, so that root becomes a spec root?

Now we are following the path of making all realms the same. It's a dev decision.

The best thing about daoc are that classes are unique. We can turn daoc in wow or any other mmo out there, we're already pretty close to it. All these casuals will start flooding in.

If the dev want to appeal to the casuals, just call the realm alb1, alb2 and alb3 and be done with it.

Having stun duration linked to the obelisk in keep fights is the only solution that makes any sense.
  • Shoke wrote: »
    @Stoopiduser well, it's not as simple as take out stun replace with root.

Let's say you take it out of a caster for the sake of being fair with other realms, then you need to out baseline stun on druid.

But then druid already has a root, you take that out? Their nature spec is based on roots, so that root becomes a spec root?

Now we are following the path of making all realms the same. It's a dev decision.

The best thing about daoc are that classes are unique. We can turn daoc in wow or any other mmo out there, we're already pretty close to it. All these casuals will start flooding in.

If the dev want to appeal to the casuals, just call the realm alb1, alb2 and alb3 and be done with it.

Having stun duration linked to the obelisk in keep fights is the only solution that makes any sense.

I think it would make more sense to remove baseline stun from Eld and Chanter and give them root while leaving stun with the ments instead of trying to work it into another class, if they were going to do that. It would give each realm 1 main assist stunner.
    Attaching a stun duration reduction with the obelisk bonus doesn't sound like a bad idea. I would like them to remove inner oil climb points as well, it could open up more defense options.
  • Yea, lets make realms equal. First remove hib stun.
    Then we can look at alb bolt range mezz.
    Mid has ae stun, which the other realms havent. So lets remove it.
    And so on. Sounds good, no?
  • I dont think you can just change a stun into a root. The class is build around having stun. Some people play enchanter solo and smallman and have stun since 20 years. Now we change it into root, bec. some funny guy wants to have more fun. I dont know why you even discuss about it. Its in game since 20 years.
  • You tell him, use stormlord abilities. Noooo, we dont want this. We prefer traps and speedwarps.
  • You also have 75% absorb on the roof atm. 75%. I wonder how you manage dieing tbh.
  • Shoke wrote: »

No, you don't NEED to put baseline stun on a druid. Keep it on the Mentalist and maybe also let the Mentalist spec for an AE stun as well?
  • Anomally wrote: »

No, you don't NEED to put baseline stun on a druid. Keep it on the Mentalist and maybe also let the Mentalist spec for an AE stun as well?

Yeah, no.

It is keep sieges where stun is mostly a problem with respects to FUN so really I would prefer if we focus on that.

That all being said no class with caster DPS should have 1500(1650) rng stun, even cleric at very high rank can hit very hard, Its is not the same as 400 acuity 398+dex nuking for 400-650 every second without crits in a 7sec after resists stun tho.
  • While your taking stun off hib casters. Lets also take the following away from other realms maybe....

Therg pets
    Tic rr5
    Tic aoe snare
    Tic UI nuke
    Necro Aegis
    Savage self buffs
    Aoe Stun
    etc etc etc the moral of the story every realm has something unique you get where i am coming from lets not make every realm the same its much better when they are all unique.
  • No one here is saying Get Good. We are saying there are counters to Stun. Use them instead of trying to change classes.
  • Using counters already in game is getting good tho. Can't do that
  • Anomally wrote: »

Yeah, no.

It is keep sieges where stun is mostly a problem with respects to FUN so really I would prefer if we focus on that.

That all being said no class with caster DPS should have 1500(1650) rng stun, even cleric at very high rank can hit very hard, Its is not the same as 400 acuity 398+dex nuking for 400-650 every second without crits in a 7sec after resists stun tho.

My eld with a comp pot would easily break 476 intel. It wasn't hard for me to drop targets in a stun. Stun on a dps caster is beyond silly. Anyone can see my videos of me dropping people in stuns in their balanced groups. I've dropped Patar/Venise/Xu (People who run balanced groups) many times as a caster in a stun. I haven't played Hib in a very long time as I am waiting on changes to stun nuke nuke. Yes, I used it for a long time and regret playing a realm that has it.
  • “ hib - bard, warden, druid fill
    Mid - Pac, Aug, sham - fill”

Only one of those baselines gives you SoS~

Only two of those baselines have celerity

Only one of those baselines has PBT

I could go on and on
  • Completely agree with the original poster.

Reinstate port to safe zones to get the casual action going again.

Mitigate stun in keeps as this is where the bulk of the keep issues are. They tried to patch it with stormlord changes but it hasn’t really worked. The fact that a single nightshade can just push the storms away was overlooked.

Fix groups porting to bow town, this is clearly a bug that is being abused by IRC.

Put in quests for people to get decent Rps in quiet times, population is low so give people something to do. the people in bow town are getting full rps plus solo bonus, 8 mans are getting their rps for arranged fights. Why not appeal to the casual players now and put something in for them to do and draw out some action.
    “ hib - bard, warden, druid fill

I could go on and on

The basic idea of daoc is that there are 3 realms. The 3 realms have different abilities spread across different classes and in different combinations and some realms have unique abilities. This has contributed much to the success of the game.

I could go on and on

You could also say one of these three only has one demez
    You could also say one of these has carpace
    You could also say one of these has 2 classes that can spec nuke
    You could also say one of these has a stat debuff class
    You could also say one of these has bolt range root
    You could also say one of these has all chain wearing classes
    You could also say one of these can charm yellow con pets

Again the point i am making is just what esel has said each realm is different
  • Enk believes PBT, SoS, and Celerity should be in every group setup.
  • puter wrote: »
    Enk believes PBT, SoS, and Celerity should be in every group setup.

I like how he said its baseline.
  • edited June 2021 PM
    All the realms are different and that is how it should stay.

Yes I hate Hib stun as it has nothing to do with the player and everthing to do with the fact if purge and feedback are down you are dead unless you are sto/det9 and even if you purge can just get kited for 1 min and then QC you are dead.

This is not why I started the thread.

The casual population is through the floor and anyone with eyes can see it, I heard someone on the offical Twitch state that lockdown is easing and summer time and its to be expected every is thing is normal.

Its like listening to Comical Ali "Everything is fine, Keeps sieges are not pushing people away! Albs and Mids are having a great tme! Population is Just fine! Resub now!"

So to be as clear as possible these are the changes I think need to be made right now.

Return ports to Safepath AND towers.

Mitigate Hib stun at keeps.

Much better RP's for damaging / healing instead of deathblows at keeps it is great defending a keep for 45 mins to get 1k bonus cuz you group cant keep anything against a BG.

RP quests for taking towers and keeps this helps ALL styles of play by generating a reason to take towers could be linked to opening ports.

I am sure getting an 8 man ANYWHERE in froniter in 2 mins was not the reason for solo ports but that is how it is being used and really needs to be looked at.

Catching up on Thread:

@Minibard It has nothing to do with savages. Mids have plenty of warriors to climb into a keep they dont because there is no point, healers can be hit, casters can be interrupted. Hibs have 4 - 8 stunners ready to kill anyhing show their faces on the wall so over the years Hibs know the tanks can run around inside with healers outside spamming heals.

@Gaen I get the feeling you dont like Tic's, Was nerfing their damage by like 30% not enough for you? :tongue: I am only half joking, I understand how in some situations they could seem silly but what I love as an Alb all the dumb Tic that stand there as a AoE anchor just because they cant be interrupted :frowning:

Post edited by Stoopiduser on
  • edited June 2021 PM
    first of all i am sure, i can talk to a wall its surly more effective......
    All the realms are different and that is how it should stay.

Yes I hate Hib stun as it has nothing to do with the player and everthing to do with the fact if purge and feedback are down you are dead unless you are sto/det9 and even if you purge can just get kited for 1 min and then QC you are dead.

option one.... when u get kited..... dont follow!!!.... but i know the greedyness for a kill is so strong... option 2 use Nearsight......
    self when he got immunty its interrupt......
    Umm.. NS a BG nice.. if you cant nuke 1 caster without getting 2-3 stun attempts on you, how can you NS the 5 - 6 stun nukers /nearest target /face /stun /nuke, lol tactics.
    yep tactic.... sometime is a 3 step back a usefull option....
    this is same answer for open like in keeps too...

2,5 sek stun casttime against 2,0 NS
    and 1500 range against 2100.....
    option 3 zoak kat pet....s (ok no one build this in temps anymore...^^ so damn old school, and didnt work in keeps, ok...)

but u dont see "how" ?..... sound for me u dont know your realm classes

when you purge or stunfeedback is down is for u no way to stay a little behind so long its reup ?...... sound for me like " i wanna do my standart program no matter what the enemy does...and if i die its unfair... to bad that PVE aggromanagement dont work in pvp...

its not your job to nuke them down on the roof is your job to keep them buzy that they cant cast on ram user or healers... and most deffer caster are solo or in grp with bb..... u dont realise how much a good NS can suck them cause if the bb isnt 50 heal they has to go to him to cure it...

same in keeps...... the idea that u dont have to dance around in viewfield of X enemy casters dont come in your mind ..... self a full tank would die if 5-6 player cast on him.... specaly when u in "next target range" is something very wrong, so long u arent a tank on the way to the caster....
    Use
    your
    range....

and when other player explain u something u dont wanna hear it.... no they surly want you something bad...... and be only mean..... or "defend OP hib caster"

in keeps sieges with your "i wanna see and nukle something attidude"
    u suck only the mana pool of your healers away.... and they should keep concentraded on the ramin crew, and not heal the caster troys that mean to get a kill...
    your 2cnd job are to keep the sides closed that the enemy cant do a "outfall" on your healers...

sound for me that not the stun is your main problem, see it more in bad positioning,
    a lack of diziplin and flexiblity in thinking.... (when i die 3 times in same situation i maybe do something wrong)

i feel sorry for the Healer player in your group, (and maybe u should play different roles in a group for a time so that u get a feeling, for what a fight looks from there perspective, in my old groups was military disziplin..... and when i told the caster trolls stay in cover they shoudl do it... or get kicked..... another 0815 caster is always avaible..... a good playing CC or Healer are harder to get... so i give always everything to keep them in good mood... when i play healer i heal u 3 times when u mean to dance around in viewfield of enemy roof "next target range" but after i told u to let this be i didnt spend anymore mana on guys like that.... cause the ram user is much more important for a Siege as the "i wanna nuke something" wizzis.... specaly with this new buff now that reduce the damga for the Roofers.....

my fire wizz surly kills u openfield and in 90% of the situations, faster and that without a stun..... necro even, as my eldi menta or ench be able too....
    and i so or so get the feeling that hib caster got the weakes nukes.... must spend on hib much more in DMg ra as i need on Runemaster or Wizzi

and i cant remember when my eldi kills with bolts something like my wizzi or Runi do....

(yep i played all realms over the years)

only real strange of the Hib BG from Hero is....
    they are really good organized...and self persons that dont like each other so tehy are in Chats and so, like cat and dog, work togheter when the goal is clear
    the mids try to copy that... and they doin well....
    but in Alb i got always the feeling.....
    alot of chieftains, but really less indians..

sry for bad english, in german i can explain it surly better what s wrong on your "tactic", so sry if gramatic etc is not the best my last english lessons are some years ago..

sanfte grüße Omar

Post edited by Omarius on
    In rememberin on old EU logress server i like to say...

Running full High Gear equipped 8 men group,
    over some causuals in random Drop Armor,
    is not really a fight or Art and requirre no skill......
    We call it Sport...^^

• edited June 2021 PM
    another option is to spec the RA that reduce magic damge like we skilled when we go killing the dragon...... works in Pvp too...... but oh hell "no i lost my dmg ra..."

and the hardes Hib nukers.... ANI and Banshee dont even have a Stun....

Post edited by Omarius on

We call it Sport...^^

• and the holes in a keep "rooffloor" are not called with out reason "murderholes" casters normly dont have to stay under it...

We call it Sport...^^

• @Omarius Thank you for taking the time to reply in english m8 :smile:

Omarius wrote: »
    first of all i am sure, i can talk to a wall its surly more effective......

option one.... when u get kited..... dont follow!!!.... but i know the greedyness for a kill is so strong... option 2 use Nearsight......
    self when he got immunty its interrupt......

You are correct you could run and in 1 min you will be stun nuked down, but again, this is not about roaming.

This is about keep sieges and Fun.

Omarius wrote: »
    yep tactic.... sometime is a 3 step back a usefull option....
    this is same answer for open like in keeps too...

2,5 sek stun casttime against 2,0 NS
    and 1500 range against 2100.....
    option 3 zoak kat pet....s (ok no one build this in temps anymore...^^ so damn old school, and didnt work in keeps, ok...)

but u dont see "how" ?..... sound for me u dont know your realm classes

when you purge or stunfeedback is down is for u no way to stay a little behind so long its reup ?...... sound for me like " i wanna do my standart program no matter what the enemy does...and if i die its unfair... to bad that PVE aggromanagement dont work in pvp...

its not your job to nuke them down on the roof is your job to keep them buzy that they cant cast on ram user or healers... and most deffer caster are solo or in grp with bb..... u dont realise how much a good NS can suck them cause if the bb isnt 50 heal they has to go to him to cure it...

Open field fights healer does not have to find the person in keeps it is not just one person you have to NS, they are not the same thing, if you NS 1 caster there are 4 waiting to land the stun and after you have been killed one of the three NS cures in the group will have cured it..

Are you saying when purge and stun feedback is down wait for it to come up before doing anything? 10 min timer on 1 and at BEST 5min on purge..

I am sorry but the rest didnt seem to make sense you cannot kill a ram driver without interrupt on the heals, you cannot interupt the heals if you cannot see them unless you have an earth Wiz or a scout with volley every 30 seconds and that assumes the heals not just move away.

When Redfist had 12+ scouts volleying that works quit well :)

• @John_Broadsword

Casual and New players have been leaving or left since recent solo and 8 man focused changes.

1. Ports need to return to the towers on EV and safe path reopened.

2. Hib stun at keeps MUST be neutralized.

3. Nightshades can and do climb in keeps and move fumble storms stopping any defense at outer oil's of keeps (Hero BG specific) so need to changed from stormlord to battlemaster.

4. IRC and the better groups are using solo ports to get around realms faster than should be allowed, stop it.

5. BG's are not running at all times in NF on any realm there needs to be something for New and Returning people to do for FUN in frontiers leave doppels and maybe an enemy guard/tower/keep quest for RP+BP in groups as the population is so low.

1. Yes, there was much more action on ev for all playstyles and now the island is empty, because all 8 man are
    dodging irc-Group and running around mazes and Doppleganger locs. The old Towers gave a small Zerg a good
    place for a defense without hiding in a lvl 10 Keep.

2. No, but remove climbing from heavy tanks. So that it is possible to defend the outer gate. If you have lost the cy
    with 20 vs 60 there is no chance to hold the keep, imo.

3. Remove climbing from heavys.

4. Remove all ports to the bow towns and the "protection damage".

The recent solo and 8man changes are bad and i dont get it why the "strongest / better " player get a protection, wich they dont need. Daoc was always like stone, scissors, paper, and it should be.

And BS should remember who is paying the bills, the 20 solo and the 5 8man groups or the casual players.
  • Canoro wrote: »
    And BS should remember who is paying the bills, the 20 solo and the 5 8man groups or the casual players.

There may well be more forgotten about accounts on autopay than total active players....so maybe BS should cater to them?
    Canoro wrote: »

There may well be more forgotten about accounts on autopay than total active players....so maybe BS should cater to them?

/doh
  • Canoro wrote: »
    1. Yes, there was much more action on ev for all playstyles and now the island is empty, because all 8 man are
    dodging irc-Group and running around mazes and Doppleganger locs. The old Towers gave a small Zerg a good

2. No, but remove climbing from heavy tanks. So that it is possible to defend the outer gate. If you have lost the cy

The recent solo and 8man changes are bad and i dont get it why the "strongest / better " player get a protection, wich they dont need. Daoc was always like stone, scissors, paper, and it should be.

1. It's funny that all the 8mans were complaining that they got zerged on EV. now its IRC farming em and they hide somewhere else while still proclaiming its great!

2. Even if you take away climbing there are still 4-6 casters outside nearest target spamming with finger on stun.. if you go on the wall you are dead. I suggest watch Borgio's stream when he was defending against 50 hibs with 20 mids and couldnt even look out to kill anything and he had plenty of heals and didnt die, he had Zero Fun!. Tanks are not the problem.

3. Tanks need something to do while sieging and they arent a problem if you can get at the healers.

4. Meh ports are fine if they arent abused by FG's getting to any keep or tower in 1 min..

BS seems to be convinved its the summer/covid restrictions causing pop drop so Oh well..

I have found something else to do, somewhere "Else", no pop drop in that game Oh well..

Lets hope the game survives til end of summer and they can makes changes really quick after the "Lull" doesnt go away.

• edited June 2021 PM
    Canoro wrote: »

1. It's funny that all the 8mans were complaining that they got zerged on EV. now its IRC farming em and they hide somewhere else while still proclaiming its great!

I have found something else to do, somewhere "Else", no pop drop in that game Oh well..

Much rather lose to Xuu crew and get a fun fight than steam rolled by a roaming zerg. I can only speak for one 8man though.

There is a big population drop during NA prime. It's no better than Ywain for RvR. EU prime remains strong but that other place also runs regular events and consistently patches.

Last night, I saw 3 FGA jump out of Berk to chase a small man of Hibs roaming around, then proceed to run back towards the comfort of Berk. Seen Hibs do the same honestly when they have GK. Players are scared to fight in this game and nothing BS does will change that. Every keep / tower should become ruined.
    Post edited by puter on
  • Actually that would be a fun event, where the only safe zone woukd be non frontier side.

Every keep and tower ruined

Guards in relic towns would be gone (on strike)
    Much rather lose to Xuu crew and get a fun fight than steam rolled by a roaming zerg. I can only speak for one 8man though.

I dont know which 8 man you are in to be honest, Any I see get rolled maybe 3 times and either log or "Help" the zerg. I find it amusing the 8 mans become zergers when they die 3 times to the same group while complaining about the zerg.

I dont know which 8 man you are in to be honest, Any I see get rolled maybe 3 times and either log or "Help" the zerg. I find it amusing the 8 mans become zergers when they die 3 times to the same group while complaining about the zerg.

I did notice a prominent "8 man" running on Alb when Mid was at 10% and Hib was at 40%. I thought those groups tended to play on the lower pop realms for better action. Maybe the GK had something to do with it.
  • Dreamscape wrote: »
    I did notice a prominent "8 man" running on Alb when Mid was at 10% and Hib was at 40%. I thought those groups tended to play on the lower pop realms for better action. Maybe the GK had something to do with it.

To be fair the bonuses do not tell you how many people are running together.

Albs can have no bonus and there is only 2fga with rescu but a 50 man mid BG.

Fake Taxi. It really depends on the time and day. Mondays/Tuesdays are usually great to stay exclusively on EV during NA prime. The remainder of the week requires roaming off the island and participation in zerg fights until they log because it siphons the RP hungry groups. I personally complain about zergs that "roam" instead of completing RvR objectives that are built into the game. This applies to every BG in current day DAoC except Hero and he only pursues those objectives when he goes uncontested.

Over the course of nearly 20 years, it's very clear the quality of players in this community has diminished substantially. DAoC is absolutely playable in its current state, but attracts the wrong crowd. Yeah, I think BS is horrible at maintaining the game. Stupid bugs persist and simple QoL takes years to implement. But the players contribute the most in the day-to-day experience. It's absolutely frustrating when players actively dodge each other because they're afraid to die in a video game. Why play a PvP focused MMO when you have no interest in competing against other players in a game that is specifically designed for that?
  • edited June 2021 PM
    Minibard wrote: »
    puter wrote: »
    Enk believes PBT, SoS, and Celerity should be in every group setup.

I like how he said its baseline.

I didn't say they were baseline...

base·line
    /ˈbāsˌlīn/
    noun
    a minimum or starting point used for comparisons.

I said they "each of those baselines," as in the three classes YOU yourself listed as the BASELINE for any group.

Holy hell.

We're at the bottom of the gene pool around here in 2k21 apparently.
    Post edited by Enkertons on

• This community gets dumber and dumber by the year.
  • edited June 2021 PM
    Gaen wrote: »
    Enkertons wrote: »

I could go on and on

You could also say one of these three only has one demez
    You could also say one of these has carpace
    You could also say one of these has 2 classes that can spec nuke
    You could also say one of these has a stat debuff class
    You could also say one of these has bolt range root
    You could also say one of these has all chain wearing classes
    You could also say one of these can charm yellow con pets

Again the point i am making is just what esel has said each realm is different

Any Hib group has SoS; you can't say that for any Mid or Alb group -> was my point, and the point still stands, even if you all are too dumb to realize it. The core, or as the smartest man in this thread described it - the "baseline", of a hib group is far stronger than that of the other realms.

No one cares about "carpace."

You're including clerics as a class that can "spec nuke?" -> that makes zero sense in the context of CORE FUNCTIONS in a group setting as that would leave the Alb group without purple body/energy/spirit resists and without a second healer.............................................................

I give up.
    Post edited by Enkertons on
  • is the warden bubble considered good for a group--