Re-group timers for the solo zones

edited June 2021 in General Board
Any chance of introducing re-group timers for the solo zones? It seems groups are disbanding, porting to the solo zones and then re-grouping.
I think a ten minute timer preventing re-grouping would be fair?
Post edited by Emery on

Comments

• Playstyle-specific rules/restrictions are signs of weak design. Abominations like regroup timers and anticamp measures are "needed" because Broadsword fails to understand that channeling all solo players to the same location is a terrible idea. Frankly, most players fail to realize this as well.

It is amazing how a game that gave us the most brilliant, dynamic and engaging system for large scale action can miss the mark so profoundly when it comes to action at the smallest scale.

(The better solution is to randomize where you port to)
  • I dont see a big problem when groups use the solo zone port just for porting. If they use it for farming solos, that would be something different.
  • Being able to port entire groups was never the aim of these solo ports. So if people are abusing them to port groups around the map why wouldn’t you stop this behaviour??

Personally think it needs to be fixed. 10 min timer would do the trick.
  • just more skills :)
  • edited June 2021 PM
    Why do solos need a private port? Its ridiculous. Some of them dont know anymore that the map is bigger than bow town.

Btw, there are no solo zones in daoc.......
    Post edited by Kroko on
  • Alternatively, when porting make it a random solo zone. This would stop the groups from porting together and regrouping.
  • Random porting won't do anything but slightly be an inconvenience. You can just keep porting until you're with your group
  • Random porting until you have enabled all three obelisks would make sense. It would be a slight inconvenience for the duelers until they get them all but it would make it harder for groups to do this since they lose any activated obelisk when they regroup.
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus
  • where is this Solo only Zone y9ou speak of?
  • edited June 2021 PM
    This is actually a good idea - but the timer would have to be significant, like 5 (ideally 10) minutes. There’s so much roaming/looking for action that a short 1-3 minute timer wouldn’t do anything. 10 minutes of no SoS, DI, etc. would be an effective deterrent to groups using the ports, though.

But I digress, I’m not into the new solo zones or the “lightning” that protects them
    Post edited by Enkertons on
  • edited June 2021 PM
    Why are people worried about irc porting to "solo zone"? They are not killing soloers
    Post edited by Minibard on
  • YEP---just chasing the flames :)
  • Random porting seems like it would be the easy fix. I’ll be surprised if it materializes though.
  • Minibard wrote: »
    Why are people worried about irc porting to "solo zone"? They are not killing soloers

Probably because it's not intended for any group. The old system made more sense when you had to get each port then you could port around as long as you didn't group up and lose it.
  • edited June 2021 PM
    Minibard wrote: »
    where is this Solo only Zone y9ou speak of?

You'd have be a zerging fool (oh!) to try to put solo zones in quotation marks - there's lightning that attacks grouped people in the area. They are clearly intended to be solo zones - it's not hypothetical.

Whether they should exist or not is a completely different story.
    Post edited by Enkertons on
  • Enkertons wrote: »
    Minibard wrote: »
    where is this Solo only Zone y9ou speak of?

You'd have be a zerging fool (oh!) to try to put solo zones in quotation marks - there's lightning that attacks grouped people in the area. They are clearly intended to be solo zones - it's not hypothetical.

Whether they should exist or not is a completely different story.

Except for a certain Hib 8 man that was hanging out there yesterday ungrouped.
  • i fail to see the problem. what's wrong with groups porting again? they may run into another grp quicker? the map is too big with current pop and we spend most of our time roaming the wind. in fact imho they should open up more ports for less travel time to find action. group ports at mazes plz. i have purposed this many times