How do I compare two pieces of gear?

How do I compare two pieces of gear? what I mean is I can right click and select info. but I get 1 details page. What I'd like to do is get a details page for EACH item I'm looking at. comparing two items, I'd like to get two details pages.

anyway to do this? It may be obvious, yet I can't figure a way to do this at the moment.

Comments

• Write them both down or snipping tool the first and look at the 2nd
  • Switch to windowed mode, so the game doesn’t fill up your entire screen, and then log in 2 different accounts, at the same time.

If you only have 1 account, take screenshots, and then compare them.
    Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters
  • Enhancement request for game improvement. Allow us to compare two or more pieces IN game. As reference point/bar, literally all other MMO do this now.
  • It's not really necessary in this game because there's no real gear progression. Templates are built around specific/uses, rarely around specific stats. There are a number of template builders on the web that serve this purpose. Daocutils is the most popular / current. Can also download the desktop app, Gearbunny.
  • It's not something that's really needed. There are plenty of other things that need to be addressed before this
  • I don't disagree that there are other things that ALSO need to be addressed but to keep it real here. To implement popping another dialog(or 10) with information would be like 5-10 lines of code to implement. Its low hanging fruit with literally zero cost to do.

• It also has no merit. You never compare two items directly to determine its worth in a template. It's about how well it fits with the items you want to have which is based on item /uses.
  • puter wrote: »
    It also has no merit. You never compare two items directly to determine its worth in a template. It's about how well it fits with the items you want to have which is based on item /uses.

Nobody is comparing two pieces of gear. really? My take is that if Broadsword wanted to revive this game and maybe pull in some new subscriber $$ these nice to have features that ALL MMO typically provide out of the box would be a good place to start. And as far as low hanging fruit improvements would take very little effort to implement. a tooltip, or an additional dialog is just a few lines of code. And...for a newer player to be able to compare drops is part of the learning the game experience. The new player/causal player, isn't going to go to some other site to build a top end Template to compete with the 1% max min players right off the bat. They just want to easily be able to see if mob dropped item 1 is better than item two and easily compare stats with out jumping out to the OS to do it.

Anyway my 2 cents to broadsword.
  • puter wrote: »
    It also has no merit. You never compare two items directly to determine its worth in a template. It's about how well it fits with the items you want to have which is based on item /uses.

Nobody is comparing two pieces of gear. really? My take is that if Broadsword wanted to revive this game and maybe pull in some new subscriber $$ these nice to have features that ALL MMO typically provide out of the box would be a good place to start. And as far as low hanging fruit improvements would take very little effort to implement. a tooltip, or an additional dialog is just a few lines of code. And...for a newer player to be able to compare drops is part of the learning the game experience. The new player/causal player, isn't going to go to some other site to build a top end Template to compete with the 1% max min players right off the bat. They just want to easily be able to see if mob dropped item 1 is better than item two and easily compare stats with out jumping out to the OS to do it.

Anyway my 2 cents to broadsword.

Templating is nuanced in DAoC. You can't simplify it in the way you're suggesting. Building a template in DAoC is like putting together a puzzle. While one piece may be better than another piece by direct comparison, it may not fit in the overall puzzle. Furthermore, there is no way to cap everything without sacrificing something else. Hence, why there's large build diversity that's catered to play styles and personal preference. New players can use King's Gear provided to them for free at level 50 which caps most stats/resists/bonuses at the cost of item /uses until they familiarize themselves with how to build a template. Players sub 50 can use the Battleground BP equipment which serves the same purpose.
  • This isn’t WoW

(Delve into chat log is also an option)