Realm Timer

This realm timer is absolutely absurd. Even being on a paid subscription, I should be able to move freely to my other realm characters at least in the mainland. Like at least make it to where you can't go to NF. This is absolutely stupid. I cant even craft on an alt after taking an RVR break.
Tagged:

Comments

• 15 mins guy, calm down.
    Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters
  • @nightmare I agree 100%.
    @DaRedant when you can only play a couple hours a night, 15 min makes a difference.
  • Minibard wrote: »
    @nightmare I agree 100%.
    @DaRedant when you can only play a couple hours a night, 15 min makes a difference.

Thank you. My time is very limited. I can't sit here for 15 hours a day like most people.
  • edited February 2021 PM
    [removed]
    Post edited by Carol_Broadsword on
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus
    @DaRedANT when you can only play a couple hours a night, 15 min makes a difference.

If you don’t have much time, how do you have time to play multiple realms?

3 solutions.

Number 1 - Pick 1 realm for the night.
    Number 2 - Don’t RvR for the night. Swap realms as you please.
    Number 3 - Get a second account. RvR on account 1, then swap to account 2 for 15 mins.

• DaRedANT wrote: »
    Minibard wrote: »
    @DaRedANT when you can only play a couple hours a night, 15 min makes a difference.

3 solutions.

Number 3 - Get a second account. RvR on account 1, then swap to account 2 for 15 mins.

I can play easy.. If I start on lets say hib and action blows or if friends want to play another realm.. I should be able to switch. I have 4 accounts So depending on what I want to play I can possibly do exactly that.
    The end game is to RVR. who wants to log in just to PVE. If I wanted to do that I would play WOW
  • It's always the same thing...

Realm timers are dumb, didn't have any effect on the desired pop (realm swapping zergers) but they really hurt lower number game (smallman, 8) that depending on how the evening evolves would be happy to swap to get more action...

3 solutions.

No, if I have limited time, I want to use all of it effectively. I should be able to play my Alb CV char for an hour, and when the action dies down, I should be able to go craft on Mid. I literally cannot fathom how you think this isn't logical, or how a realm timer legitimately affects not being able to log into the mainland on another realm.
    @Nightmare You’ll find a lot of the community trains mastery of stupid 9
    Post edited by Grizlie on
  • Nightmare wrote: »
    DaRedANT wrote: »

3 solutions.

No, if I have limited time, I want to use all of it effectively. I should be able to play my Alb CV char for an hour, and when the action dies down, I should be able to go craft on Mid. I literally cannot fathom how you think this isn't logical, or how a realm timer legitimately affects not being able to log into the mainland on another realm.

Wait 15 minutes, ya cry baby. Or find another game.
  • Be happy I don’t run the game, I’d make realm timers 24 hours.
  • It should be either something serious or nothing at all. 15 minutes serves no purpose other than to inconvenience people
    Be happy I don’t run the game, I’d make realm timers 24 hours.

and you wouldnt have a game. I would go to the other place and play for free if i had to wait 24 hrs to switch on a paid account
  • it's 15 @#$^ing minutes jfc...
  • Armagedden wrote: »
    it's 15 @#$^ing minutes jfc...

Lmfao

Nightmare wrote: »

3 solutions.

Wait 15 minutes, ya cry baby. Or find another game.

You really want to encourage people to not play this game? What a moronic statement to make.

3 solutions.

So you wanna go craft on Mid, but you can’t wait 15 mins to craft. Listen buddy I got LGM all, all realms, crafting is not a quick thing. You can’t wait 15 mins, to do something at minimum that will take you 20 mins to an hour? Absurd.

It’s not healthy to constantly stare at the screen. Go get a drink, get some food, stretch, go to the bathroom, and then go craft.

• It’s not healthy to stare at a screen but it is to grab snacks and eat in front of it? LOL
  • Making pots to RvR and/or crafting siege doesn't take longer than 15 minutes either...

3 solutions.

So you wanna go craft on Mid, but you can’t wait 15 mins to craft. Listen buddy I got LGM all, all realms, crafting is not a quick thing. You can’t wait 15 mins, to do something at minimum that will take you 20 mins to an hour? Absurd.

It’s not healthy to constantly stare at the screen. Go get a drink, get some food, stretch, go to the bathroom, and then go craft.

I highly doubt you should be life coaching anyone with your type of mentality.

Now to stay on topic, congratulations on LGM everything on all 3 realms, you should consider taking your own advice on your previous statement. I however, do not have the luxury you seem to have. 15-20mins for me, lost or gained, is a lot. Maybe not to you it isn't, but then again, you don't really know what my life consists of, do you? I don't need to explain my personal life, as my opinion on a realm timer is absolutely stupid, which doesn't seem to be an uncommon opinion around here. All I am asking is for it to be looked at again, or at least have a poll created to adjust it.
  • Grizlie wrote: »
    It’s not healthy to stare at a screen but it is to grab snacks and eat in front of it? LOL

3 solutions.

I highly doubt you should be life coaching anyone with your type of mentality.

Now to stay on topic, congratulations on LGM everything on all 3 realms, you should consider taking your own advice on your previous statement. I however, do not have the luxury you seem to have. 15-20mins for me, lost or gained, is a lot. Maybe not to you it isn't, but then again, you don't really know what my life consists of, do you? I don't need to explain my personal life, as my opinion on a realm timer is absolutely stupid, which doesn't seem to be an uncommon opinion around here. All I am asking is for it to be looked at again, or at least have a poll created to adjust it.

Here's a thought. No. Nobody asked about your personal life, yet you just tried to go into it.

It. Is. Fifteen. $#%@ing. Minutes.....

Anyone who complains about this is b*tching just to b*tch... seriously just think about it. How is it TRULY killing you're time on this game? If you really only have 15 minutes you simply shouldn't be playing an MMO that night, right?

I dunno... I feel like Karen has a huge presence in this argument
    Post edited by Armagedden on
  • LffLff
    edited February 2021 PM
    I would feel bad if I didn't think that 90% of the complaints in this thread were acutally from people wanting to relog to a different realm to defend when realm x decides to attack a keep (you know, super easy keep defense rps and damage absorb).

And to be clear, 15 minutes is enough time that if you realize your zerg is going to attack x keep you probably can't log out, log in, and port to the keep before they at least break port. It's also not so long that if you make a few k and realize all the action is on your realm, that you can't just relog to another realm after grabbing another beer.
    Post edited by Lff on
  • Lff wrote: »
    I would feel bad if I didn't think that 90% of the complaints in this thread were acutally from people wanting to relog to a different realm to defend when realm x decides to attack a keep (you know, super easy keep defense rps and damage absorb).

And to be clear, 15 minutes is enough time that if you realize your zerg is going to attack x keep you probably can't log out, log in, and port to the keep before they at least break port. It's also not so long that if you make a few k and realize all the action is on your realm, that you can't just relog to another realm after grabbing another beer.

I realize thats the intention of the timer. However, like I have previously explained to these people who clearly need to stand up every once awhile, because they're unhealthily staring at a screen for 15 hours a day.. Is that having the timer for RVR is fine, I am not disputing that, but I should be able to log into the mainland of another realm while I wait my 15 minutes of RvR probation.
    [not needed]
    [not needed]
  • Redant must be having a bad day. It's pretty obvious what the OP is asking for and you attempting to blast him for something he isn't arguing is pretty illogical (see what I did there with logic?)
  • Keep things civil please
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • Discussion about some game mechanics that are viewed to be unfair by some, and the only response from someone who works behind the counter is to moderate some bickering.. I've lost hope.
  • Its just 15 min . it should be 30 min or 1 hour but its not I can live with 15 min ..

• Has population increased since the timer was put in? I was told a timer was necessary to increase population
    Discussion about some game mechanics that are viewed to be unfair by some, and the only response from someone who works behind the counter is to moderate some bickering.. I've lost hope.

You were having a discussion, if I post there's no current planned changes to the timer it'd be the end of it without hearing more back and forth thoughts and opinions on it. I'm not trying to kill discussion either. Please continue discussing it.
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
    Drop the timer to 5 minutes and force all characters into relic town that are logged in NF. That way people can't swap to defend immediately which is what the majority of pro realm timer folks are arguing about.

edit: Using a 50% RP potion is a better incentive to keep players on a particular realm than timers. Food for thought.
    Post edited by puter on
    Lff wrote: »

I realize thats the intention of the timer. However, like I have previously explained to these people who clearly need to stand up every once awhile, because they're unhealthily staring at a screen for 15 hours a day.. Is that having the timer for RVR is fine, I am not disputing that, but I should be able to log into the mainland of another realm while I wait my 15 minutes of RvR probation.

This is good. I like this. It would certainly be the best of both worlds if one could log into a PvE zone on another realm immediately after RvRing in another realm. There are so many miscellaneous things that you could do on another realm while waiting for that 15minutes to drop. I have a feeling this is not already in place because it would be hard to code/implement or something technical
  • puter wrote: »
    Drop the timer to 5 minutes and force all characters into relic town that are logged in NF. That way people can't swap to defend immediately which is what the majority of pro realm timer folks are arguing about.

edit: Using a 50% RP potion is a better incentive to keep players on a particular realm than timers. Food for thought.

Drop the timer and put in a 15 minute duration where you can't earn RPs. It will alleviate the realm swapping for the 8man fights but should prevent people that log over for easy RPs.
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus
    Dreamscape wrote: »
    puter wrote: »

Drop the timer and put in a 15 minute duration where you can't earn RPs. It will alleviate the realm swapping for the 8man fights but should prevent people that log over for easy RPs.

Get suggestion that its a win win situation.
    Post edited by Gaen on
    Dreamscape wrote: »
    puter wrote: »

Get suggestion that its a win win situation.

Post edited by Gaen on
  • The devs should NOT waste anytime/money coding something that already has multiple solutions.

No matter what changes they make, there’s always gonna be crybabys that have BIASED complaints.

• A realm timer isn't objectively good either soooooo. Welcome to making compromises.
  • I love how people say its only 15 min...
    Many or most people playing this game are in their mids 30s-50s. and have families. while you may be single ( I dont know your RL living situation) but when you have kids and a wife 15 mins is a life time. Some of us just want to jump on for 1-2 hrs and rvr.

The people I run with and the people I know are not logging off to go defend another realms keep. They are looking for group action or drafts.
    I love how people say its only 15 min...
    Many or most people playing this game are in their mids 30s-50s. and have families. while you may be single ( I dont know your RL living situation) but when you have kids and a wife 15 mins is a life time. Some of us just want to jump on for 1-2 hrs and rvr.

The people I run with and the people I know are not logging off to go defend another realms keep. They are looking for group action or drafts.

Then log in your 2nd account and RvR on that one. The timer is only for 1 account. Quit bringing up the SAME points. I have already given MULTIPLE solutions to every complaint.

And before anyone brings up, I don’t wanna pay for a 2nd account. Go to DAOC discord and trade plat for TCs. I have all 3 of my accounts paid for, just from trades, for most of this year already. I have not paid a dime for this game so far this year. And I don’t wanna hear about people not having plat in a game that is almost 20 years old. Get gud.
    Post edited by DaRedANT on

Then log in your 2nd account and RvR on that one. The timer is only for 1 account. Quit bringing up the SAME points. I have already given MULTIPLE solutions to every complaint.

And before anyone brings up, I don’t wanna pay for a 2nd account. Go to DAOC discord and trade plat for TCs. I have all 3 of my accounts paid for, just from trades, for most of this year already. I have not paid a dime for this game so far this year. And I don’t wanna hear about people not having plat in a game that is almost 20 years old. Get gud.

Once again, not everyone trys as hard as you. Congratulations, you're LGM everything on every realm, and you farm plat to buy time cards.

I don't do that, nor do I have the time for that. I have more money than time, which you clearly have the opposite problem. Not everyone wants to manage multiple accounts. Its not that simple to just tell someone they need to RVR on a second account if they don't like the timer.

@Carol_Broadsword

I personally feel like there should be absolutely no penalty for a paid subscription account to switch between the realms. I pay my $15 a month to support a company and provide me with an account to do as I please, within the CoC requirements of behavior. Implementing a timer for people who pay for their whole account, only to suspend them from activities on said account on a different realm, feels like a slap in the face. Why can I not RVR on my healer, and then immediately switch over to my druid with some RL friends who have decided to go on a dragon raid? Or to give a friend some plat starting out on a new character? Like I said, I understand the reasoning behind the timer, but it's just silly to people who actually pay to support this game.

That requires people to spend time to farm plat in order to trade for TCs...you're missing the point completely. Plus, if everyone already has plat in the game, why the hell would anyone trade plat for TCs? That's some failed logical reasoning right there.

The timer is literally an on/off switch at this point for Broadsword unless they screwed that up too lol.
  • Its the same points because of the same issue. If there were more servers to switch realms on different servers, I would not have an issue. But with one server I am being punished with a 15 min time out if I want to change realms.
    You feel like a timer is needed as strongly as i feel it doesn't. Your opinion is no better than mine.
    I have more money than time

Clearly not, because you can't afford a 2nd account.

Its the same points because of the same issue. If there were more servers to switch realms on different servers, I would not have an issue. But with one server I am being punished with a 15 min time out if I want to change realms.
    You feel like a timer is needed as strongly as i feel it doesn't. Your opinion is no better than mine.

Get a 2nd account. Or wait.

• it is funny that on one hand peeps want a "classic" old daoc to come back too
    which in those days was one realm per account----

also peeps say the "shards" have all the population--last i heard you couldnt swap realms---couldnt even play two different realms from the same "house"
    I have more money than time

Clearly not, because you can't afford a 2nd account.

Who said I don't have a second account? You're so hung up on trying to insult anyone who disagrees with you, that you're making yourself look extremely desperate. I don't feel the need to go into detail about my finances, but let me just tell you I don't trade plat for time cards, I have real money. Anyways, my other accounts are not my main account. They're bots and storage vaults for me. Yes. I pay for multiple bot & storage accounts.

Anyways, my other accounts are not my main account. They're bots and storage vaults for me. Yes. I pay for multiple bot & storage accounts.

Go play with your bots for 15 mins. Crybaby.