Bring DAoC to Steam

I am a huge fan of Steam by Valve. I have a community of friends I play with and follow. I think with Endless Conquest it would be a huge opportunity to bring DAoC to Steam. It would benefit population count (which isn't the most important thing to me), and it would also benefit those who wish to invite their friends on Steam to the DAoC community.

Comments

• It's currently in EAs hands
  • Nothing’s gonna add “steam” to this locomotive
  • I bet if they hired Terry Tate then things would get done there, correctly and on time.
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus
  • Enkertons wrote: »
    Nothing’s gonna add “steam” to this locomotive

There is plenty of incentive to do so. Look at what Runescape, Everquest, Everquest 2, Lord of the Rings, and Star Wars Republic have done.

There is a model for success by doing so. I'm not asking EA to resurrect Warhammer Online. I don't know the business model involved with bringing the game to Steam.
  • Rav8es wrote: »
    Enkertons wrote: »

There is plenty of incentive to do so. Look at what Runescape, Everquest, Everquest 2, Lord of the Rings, and Star Wars Republic have done.

There is a model for success by doing so. I'm not asking EA to resurrect Warhammer Online. I don't know the business model involved with bringing the game to Steam.

What Enk is implying is that EA dgaf and that's basically where it is regarding Steam.
  • Shoke wrote: »
    Rav8es wrote: »

What Enk is implying is that EA dgaf and that's basically where it is regarding Steam.

Can't be the case. They have brought their library to Steam, and are releasing new IPs on Steam as well.
  • Rav8es wrote: »
    Shoke wrote: »
    Rav8es wrote: »

Can't be the case. They have brought their library to Steam, and are releasing new IPs on Steam as well.

Not that EA doesn't care about Steam, they don't care about Daoc