Keep and Relic Adjustment Live Notes

2»

Comments

  • puter wrote: »
    I'd like to see another obelisk like feature that knocks heavy tanks off walls while they try to climb up. Require stealthers / Vamps / SAVAGES to kill it in the court yard for heavy tanks to get inside. Would probably kill Hero's zerg entirely too lol.

    what ? since when do savages have climb walls ? i've never seen a savage climb a wall. stop spreading lies.

    but seriously it's just a joke that the realm that uses climb walls to the most devastating effect gets climb walls for free on their third climb walls class, mincers have to spec 30 in stealth (meh, but most mincers do it, so it can't be THAT bad) and savages have to spec 50 in savagery, which is a joke and no one does it.

    Vicomtessa Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • Muylae wrote: »
    puter wrote: »
    I'd like to see another obelisk like feature that knocks heavy tanks off walls while they try to climb up. Require stealthers / Vamps / SAVAGES to kill it in the court yard for heavy tanks to get inside. Would probably kill Hero's zerg entirely too lol.

    what ? since when do savages have climb walls ? i've never seen a savage climb a wall. stop spreading lies.

    but seriously it's just a joke that the realm that uses climb walls to the most devastating effect gets climb walls for free on their third climb walls class, mincers have to spec 30 in stealth (meh, but most mincers do it, so it can't be THAT bad) and savages have to spec 50 in savagery, which is a joke and no one does it.

    Climb walls should have been a light tank/stealth ability only.
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus
  • 25 stealth*
  • Dreamscape wrote: »
    Muylae wrote: »
    puter wrote: »
    I'd like to see another obelisk like feature that knocks heavy tanks off walls while they try to climb up. Require stealthers / Vamps / SAVAGES to kill it in the court yard for heavy tanks to get inside. Would probably kill Hero's zerg entirely too lol.

    what ? since when do savages have climb walls ? i've never seen a savage climb a wall. stop spreading lies.

    but seriously it's just a joke that the realm that uses climb walls to the most devastating effect gets climb walls for free on their third climb walls class, mincers have to spec 30 in stealth (meh, but most mincers do it, so it can't be THAT bad) and savages have to spec 50 in savagery, which is a joke and no one does it.

    Climb walls should have been a light tank/stealth ability only.

    that would have made more sense, but it's a bit too late now to change that i guess. i never understood why they gave it to the class with the heaviest armor .. someone in plate climbing up a strait wall and someone in lighter armor being unable to do the same sounds a bit funny at best, but who am i to search for a bit of realism in a fantasy game ...
    Vicomtessa Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • edited January 2 PM
    I agree that Climb Walls should be lower in Savagery spec and have advocated for it before. My group a few years ago ran a two hand Savage train with Climb Walls just for keep sieges. Didn't do it for long though since it sucked for everything else.

    Back on topic, I still think adding a ward to knock off heavies would make sieges interesting. However, I personally think the bigger problem, especially during EU, is lack of organization. I know you try for Mid, Muy. But when Anna runs, it's nearly hopeless. Alb has nothing going for itself and players will literally camp the inner to wait for the doors to open, stacking traps in hopes of one kill. Passive defense always fails, yet it's the most common approach.

    Xuu showed recently, like Nate did way before, that if Albs play aggressively, they can win fights. Both open field and in defense. Then Rescu runs the show and get slaughtered because they run away on inc. Player mind set needs to change. More people need to organize proper groups and not be afraid to die. I'm not saying people need to take the insanity approach, but I can't imagine camping a keep / tower / relic town is more enjoyable than actually fighting.

    Edit: EU Mids and Albs need to tag team Hero more often. But that would require leadership on both realms which is currently lacking, mainly Alb.
    Post edited by puter on
  • KoeKoe
    edited January 2 PM
    Kroko wrote: »
    I like it that relics cant be taken so easily anymore. This gives more balance imo. Before that, i guess, hib had 5-6 relics for weeks. That cant be a solution. So, this is a good change. But it doesnt make sense, if relics cannot be taken anymore of course.

    Just to be clear. Does anyone here think hibs could not have all 6 relics right now if they went for it? They've opened alb str relic gates close to every day and take bled/glen on the regular with solidly green spam and nobody's able to take DC/Nged/Scath/Ali (and that's even without a relic to defend). The only reason they haven't taken relics is because they don't want to.

    It's not just eu time either, last night there were two hib bg's (mids had an underpop bonus). While the albs won one fight (Mids aj'ed the hibs so i don't know if that should count, and IRC was on alb), about 15 minutes later, 95 albs lasted about 1 minute on nged.
    Post edited by Koe on
  • edited January 2 PM
    Lol albs had almost zero tanks (some pallys), and couldnt stop anything. It was hysterical watching 100 albs flee like roaches on thier horses. Keep forming garbage, unbalanced groups with all zoo keepers and heretics. Your realm players are the problems not the game. Stop the propaganda and look in the mirror at what your doing.
    Post edited by Tesc on
  • Tesc wrote: »
    Lol albs had almost zero tanks (some pallys), and couldnt stop anything. It was hysterical watching 100 albs flee like roaches on thier horses. Keep forming garbage, unbalanced groups with all zoo keepers and heretics. Your realm players are the problems not the game. Stop the propaganda and look in the mirror at what your doing.

    Just to be clear I play mid and I was mostly playing solo while also hitting with the mid BG. I was reporting on the Alb BG movements. I'm not an alb. Also alb casters are very strong when they assist and debuff, and the heretics aoe snares were out in force (Making it very difficult for your hib tank groups to thrive).

    Please try to be a little nicer to other realms. You just called albs garbage and stated their players are the problem. This from someone who plays on the realm that consistently steam rolls the other two realms by 2-5x numbers.
  • Putting a sorc on your ram pretty much sums up your realms decision making and teamwork.
  • i see alot of hib and mid camping of towers in ev on ramiks stream ???
  • Koe wrote: »
    Tesc wrote: »
    Lol albs had almost zero tanks (some pallys), and couldnt stop anything. It was hysterical watching 100 albs flee like roaches on thier horses. Keep forming garbage, unbalanced groups with all zoo keepers and heretics. Your realm players are the problems not the game. Stop the propaganda and look in the mirror at what your doing.

    Just to be clear I play mid and I was mostly playing solo while also hitting with the mid BG. I was reporting on the Alb BG movements. I'm not an alb. Also alb casters are very strong when they assist and debuff, and the heretics aoe snares were out in force (Making it very difficult for your hib tank groups to thrive).

    Please try to be a little nicer to other realms. You just called albs garbage and stated their players are the problem. This from someone who plays on the realm that consistently steam rolls the other two realms by 2-5x numbers.

    “Theatricality and deception, powerful agents for the uninitiated."
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus
  • edited January 3 PM
    Hilarious reading these posts albs don’t have any effective tank groups for a reason they are at the bottom of the food chain for a full heavy tank group.
    And before you say a full tank heavy is no good for 8 v8 I am aware it used to be very effective in keeps and towers not any more.
    The only alb tank group that is effective is a hybrid tank chain.
    Hibs and mids can do a full heavy tank assist much better that’s a fact.
    The reasons are multiple a good debuff coupled with the necro af debuff in an appropriate class would help we had it when we had the reaver debuff but they took it away because of whines.
    It’s a problem that’s been there since the ruined keep patch but [removed] hasn’t addressed mainly because of the kick back from irc and hib mid zergers you reap what you sow so don’t whine about it.
    If you want a solid alb full tank group to defend make it worthwhile if not stop your whines.
    The reason why albs don’t wanna run a Zerg Eu time is because it’s dumb we prefer to solo small man and 16 man much more effective and much more fun.
    As for mids and albs teaming up on hero don’t make me laugh I tried that years ago and got roundly condemned by all sides the first thing a mid will do is hit the albs in any fight.
    Anna sides with hero every time very poor quality of Zerg leaders no guts no glory any of them she never ajs and hits albs first.
    It’s comical Eu time you have the social club hero Zerg still doing his dumb Zerg seven days a week and Anna Marie and I hate to say it Sometimes muyaslav who I regard as a rare good mid bg leader running up and down the mid coast and maze ganking smalls and 8s ffs if your gonna make a Zerg show some balls and hit the cow he ain’t that good he’s predictable you know exactly what he’s gonna do.
    Keltean has run a couple of good bgs for the albs
    And I think we might see more of him Eu time so in short stop whining about no defence we don’t care we defend when it makes sense not when irc wanna make rps.
    Post edited by Carol_Broadsword on
  • The Brut rants are always a hoot. Incoherent and shallow statements.TDIL 16 slot is better than running a zerg. Lmao.
  • Koe wrote: »
    Just to be clear. Does anyone here think hibs could not have all 6 relics right now if they went for it? They've opened alb str relic gates close to every day and take bled/glen on the regular with solidly green spam and nobody's able to take DC/Nged/Scath/Ali (and that's even without a relic to defend). The only reason they haven't taken relics is because they don't want to.

    They could maybe, but then the enemies get a 75% dmg reduction in their keeps, which no one really wants.

  • I think that's the point. Relics are less than useless now.
  • Thats true and should be looked at.
  • Brut wrote: »
    Hilarious reading these posts albs don’t have any effective tank groups for a reason they are at the bottom of the food chain for a full heavy tank group.
    And before you say a full tank heavy is no good for 8 v8 I am aware it used to be very effective in keeps and towers not any more.
    The only alb tank group that is effective is a hybrid tank chain.
    Hibs and mids can do a full heavy tank assist much better that’s a fact.
    The reasons are multiple a good debuff coupled with the necro af debuff in an appropriate class would help we had it when we had the reaver debuff but they took it away because of whines.
    It’s a problem that’s been there since the ruined keep patch but [removed] hasn’t addressed mainly because of the kick back from irc and hib mid zergers you reap what you sow so don’t whine about it.
    If you want a solid alb full tank group to defend make it worthwhile if not stop your whines.
    The reason why albs don’t wanna run a Zerg Eu time is because it’s dumb we prefer to solo small man and 16 man much more effective and much more fun.
    As for mids and albs teaming up on hero don’t make me laugh I tried that years ago and got roundly condemned by all sides the first thing a mid will do is hit the albs in any fight.
    Anna sides with hero every time very poor quality of Zerg leaders no guts no glory any of them she never ajs and hits albs first.
    It’s comical Eu time you have the social club hero Zerg still doing his dumb Zerg seven days a week and Anna Marie and I hate to say it Sometimes muyaslav who I regard as a rare good mid bg leader running up and down the mid coast and maze ganking smalls and 8s ffs if your gonna make a Zerg show some balls and hit the cow he ain’t that good he’s predictable you know exactly what he’s gonna do.
    Keltean has run a couple of good bgs for the albs
    And I think we might see more of him Eu time so in short stop whining about no defence we don’t care we defend when it makes sense not when irc wanna make rps.

    i see stuff like that being said EVERY SINGLE day... that doesn't make it true ... every day i see mids claiming that in a tree way fight the albs and hibs work together to kill the mids first... i think that's largely the effect of not seeing the enemy vs enemy death spam.

    every time i take my BG to hit herorius when he is on an alb keep, i usually lose about as much people to albs as i lose people to hibs... you would think the albs would cheer their none realm reinforcements on, but no, lets destroy the reinforcements with oil and other means as they make their way into the courtyard to attack herorius, is what happens every single time. the 'red gaze' and rp lust over sound decision making might give you a few 100 extra rp but also might make you lose the fight in the end...

    and about hitting the cow... good luck doing that with 3 fg and some random soloers and maybe an extra small man when he has 60+. i can't remember when was the last time we won a fight with herorius in open field.. rare as hen's teeth i tell you. if you get smashed in 2 keep fights and get added on 3 times in open field by herorius with little rp to show for it, as a bg leader you also want to do something to reward those players that stick with you trough all that with some rp. if you are then informed that one or two groups of hibs or albs, who are most of the time also not really looking for some fair and balanced 8 vs 8 or 16 vs 16, show up at your ruins, then yeah, ...
    also, running along the coast direction EV because you can't otherwise get there, short of going there with boats, is something different that actually coastal patrolling. i am not the one doing the coastal patrolling. a lot of the time doing the coastal road or the river road is he only way to get somewhere if the furthest that you can port is fensalir..

    i am not the one that will avoid herorius at all cost and who will not even ask how many people are on bledmeer, glenlock or fensalir. if herorius hits one of our keeps AFTER my bg is actually up and running i will by default go and defend and ask everyone to come and help us. depending on how much rp we make even if it's a doomed csause from start, we will or will not defend a second time when herorius moved to the next keep. if he hits one of our keeps during the phase where i am building my bg and i would only be able to go and defend with a few half groups ... then no, i'm not going to defend. there is no point in doing that and only making it worth for herorius to do what he does.

    wow ... i managed to go through all of this without naming some other bg leader. /sarcasm off.... attaboy i am ... lol




    Vicomtessa Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
Sign In or Register to comment.