Catacombs Trophies

Catacombs has been closed for what 3-4 years now? There should be a way to get the remains of the 6 (gargoyle and terracite on each realm) mobs in there, other then hope they show up on housing.
Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
https://divoxutils.com/user-characters

Comments

• I wish those zones were open. I love those cats bonuses for my kids pve toon templates.
  • Golden pickaxes too. For doing the mine cart quest.
    Realm hopper extraordinaire

https://www.daocutils.com/chimp/respen
  • edited November 2020 PM
    Now that @Broadsword have killed off all PvE currencies and turned everything in to BP craft, i wonder what the reason are for keeping an entire expansion area closed down.
    Post edited by Vrisslar on
  • Respen wrote: »
    Golden pickaxes too. For doing the mine cart quest.

That’s right. Add 3 more to the list.

• Yea it would be a nice addition if they had some type of way to attain them still. That said my golden pickaxes are very treasured!
  • I always thought it was weird there are no trophies in the mid frontier either. It'd be cool if there was a vendo trophy, the giant chickens, hell a frore lich and of course Glacier Giant.
    Realm hopper extraordinaire

https://www.daocutils.com/chimp/respen
  • Vrisslar wrote: »
    Now that @Broadsword have killed off all PvE currencies and turned everything in to BP craft, i wonder what the reason are for keeping an entire expansion area closed down.

BS's reasoning for removing Catacombs at the time was that it competed with other forms of PvE content and split up the player base too much. I believe the plan was to fill those zones with high level content that would reward similar items that could be found in other ways, but with unique/alternate skins.

This was back when BS still had stars in their eyes over how many brand new players they imagined Eternal Conquest would bring to the game and seemed to have grand plans for all of this new content. They had this picture in their minds of new players joining DAOC and forming groups together to run 16 year old PvE content, and were worried they wouldn't be able to find each other if there was too much content available. Or something.

Maybe if so many people hadn't defended BS back when they removed Catacombs they would have been willing to reverse their decision, because now that the realities of EC have sunk in I doubt we're going to ever see these revamped zones added, and I also doubt they view it as worth their effort to even open up the original Catacombs zones again at this point.

For what it's worth I would resubscribe for at least couple months if I could run through Catacombs again. I stopped playing around the time it came out and there's a lot of content I never saw past the starter zones that I would like to be able to look at. The state of modern daoc RvR isn't going to bring me back any time soon, but nostalgia for various PvE zones still does every few years.
  • All this talk of possible new skins+items if/when they re-open catacombs makes my stomach sick thinking about @Broadsword adding any more ridiculous gear creep items to the game. Skins are cool... Game-breaking items are not
  • Always found it disappointing they didn't add more trophies, there are some great looking named mobs around.

I guess they just got lazy. Trophy hunting is definitely one area of the game I really enjoyed and would be something that would tempt me back.

I have the Catacombs ones btw :smile:
  • Aldious wrote: »
    Always found it disappointing they didn't add more trophies, there are some great looking named mobs around.

I guess they just got lazy. Trophy hunting is definitely one area of the game I really enjoyed and would be something that would tempt me back.

There’s almost 200 trophies or so available, but yeah there’s some mobs that should have them added.

Any for sale? I’m looking for Mid Gargoyle, Hib Gargoyle and Alb Terracite.

• DaRedANT wrote: »
    Aldious wrote: »
    Always found it disappointing they didn't add more trophies, there are some great looking named mobs around.

There’s almost 200 trophies or so available, but yeah there’s some mobs that should have them added.

Any for sale? I’m looking for Mid Gargoyle, Hib Gargoyle and Alb Terracite.

Well if you include the different sizes :) There's a lot of repeats.

What I mean they didn't add to them after the initial launches of expansions. Would have been nice.
  • Trophy seller with the traveling merchants next time?
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus
  • Dreamscape wrote: »
    Trophy seller with the traveling merchants next time?

They did that a couple years ago, right before they capped bps. Would be great to see something like that again.

dmw0c3dhfpbz.png
    ru05rsm4dtqe.png