wizard cloak of loyality 15% damage bonus for the group

stupid idea. how one can give such a bonus to a caster, who every alb group has in group. this is a netto magic damage increase of 15% for albion over midgard and hibernia. in hibernia a similar ability has the loyality cloak of the valewalker (10% magic damage / 10% range). but this is a hybrid class, who is rare in group or if, the group makes less magic damage as they would if they would have used the spot for a caster. so give this ability also to caster classes in midgard (i.e runemaster or spiritmaster) and hibernia (i.e. eld or menta) or give it in albion to a hybrid class, like the reaver for introducing balance again.

Comments

• omg nerf wizards, they are really the strongest caster in the game.
  • Runemaster cloak is the same
  • So, the whole realm of albion is 15% stronger now?
    Omg, hard times are coming.
  • Shoke wrote: »
    omg nerf wizards, they are really the strongest caster in the game.

not nerving wizards themselves. its not the intension of the post, its the differenz between the realms. didnt no, that runemaster also have it, than it would be fair for balancing to give it to caster class of hibernia, too. or give a casterclass of hibernia a 15% primary magic resist on the cloak. why main casters in alb and, as i know now , in midgard, have this ability and hibernia not. sorry this i dont ander stand under balancing. either to give it to all realms in the same manner or give a counter measure to one of them. simple.
  • KoeKoe
    edited September 2020 PM
    Creaper wrote: »
    Runemaster cloak is the same

RM cloak is short duration. Is wiz also short duration? VW cloak is like 10m chant.
    Post edited by Koe on
  • 10 minutes as i know
  • sooo, what is on the chanter,eld. ment and ani cloaks ??
  • Chanter = reset quickcast
    Ment = group power heal
    Eld = stealth
    Ani = summons a pet that bolts
  • Hib is the only realm now, which has a class that can climb and be stormlord. I dont think you need any further advantage.
  • edited September 2020 PM
    deltaxp wrote: »
    Shoke wrote: »

not nerving wizards themselves. its not the intension of the post, its the differenz between the realms. didnt no, that runemaster also have it, than it would be fair for balancing to give it to caster class of hibernia, too. or give a casterclass of hibernia a 15% primary magic resist on the cloak. why main casters in alb and, as i know now , in midgard, have this ability and hibernia not. sorry this i dont ander stand under balancing. either to give it to all realms in the same manner or give a counter measure to one of them. simple.

Um mal zu deiner Differenz zu kommen (engl.: about the difference)

@Broadword op wants Albs and Mids to get baseline stun on caster. Could you please do him this favor?
    Post edited by Rootnix on
  • Kroko wrote: »
    Hib is the only realm now, which has a class that can climb and be stormlord. I dont think you need any further advantage.

You do realize that this has been the case since when... like 2005? When ToA released?
  • deltaxp wrote: »
    Shoke wrote: »

Difference between realms is good, not bad. Uniformity is boring, uniqueness of each realm based on their strengths/weaknesses is what makes daoc good. Unfortunetely, as the years passed the game and classes become more and more similar. Classes that had unique mechanics have been revamped (old necro as an example) to turn them into more mainstream classes. Mid celerity is on all realms, RAs are spread accross every realm and the only differentiating RAs now are the R5 abilities...

Wizards get a different cloak because their old cloak led to abuse and the proliferation of a really dumb playstyle (camp a spot and drop traps). Wizards don't get groups much outside of zergs, however the heat debuff could change that a bit. And like it was said, it's now very similar to the RM cloak.

You do realize that this has been the case since when... like 2005? When ToA released?

Yes, but now they made stormlord pretty strong for keep fights. But they let one realm have a class which can climb+stormlord. And it is the realm which is considered to be strongest in keep fights.
    Does this make any sense?
  • But yea, the argument that we have to make all realms equal is just not valid.

• Koe wrote: »
    Creaper wrote: »
    Runemaster cloak is the same

RM cloak is short duration. Is wiz also short duration? VW cloak is like 10m chant.

Wiz is 20 seconds
    Difference between realms is good, not bad.

i agree completely. but in the overall sum it should be balanced, what is now not. for instance, if wizard has the 15% magic damage increase for group, give a caster class of other realms for instance a 15% magic resistance (primary) for the group. not necessarily damage

• And since hib has baseline stun... give other realms pulsing stun feedback as buff?
  • I approve of this cloak close thread now
    if this wizard cloak 15% magic damage increase buff is only for 20 seconds and a reuse timer of 10-15 minutes, that is okay, but if it is a 10 minutes buff or so its to long
    Post edited by deltaxp on
  • Maybe you should inform yourself how an ability works before making assumptions.
  • Paper DAoC.
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus
  • So you are saying vw loyal cloak is worse than rm/wiz cuz it is actually on vw ? Jfc
  • the last information i got, its that is a 10 minute buff. and therefore i stay on my opinion its too opd to give to an often played caster class. so either move it to a hybrid class as in hibernia the valewalker who has a similar buff (10% damage/ 10% range) or give it to an often played caster class in other realms as an 10 minutes buff or an appropiate counter measure like a 10 minutes 15% primary not debuffable resis buff on a caster. another possibility would be to give it only the wizard himself and not the group. it would be in my opinion still to much than for him, since he has already a build in 15% residebuff in his dd. but it would only effect one caster class and not all and the balance break wouldnt be so high.

yesterday and before yesterday i was with the herozerg and he always had to interrupt keep raids in albion, cause the damage input was too high, for giving healers a chance. i know. lots of albions find the hero-zerg and his attacks on albions keep annoying at all and find it good, that he interrupted the keep raids, although he is only seeking for fights. on the other hand of site, alb-players often tend to stay in keeps in rarely go into offense (yesterday they did on behn suprisingly). so they wait for two, three hours for nothing. if this really is, what they want. than okay. go for it. have fun with waiting in keeps.

broadsword should consider the consequences of their patch policy. either players logg into realms who benefit from that, and the remaining players in the other realms try to build workarounds, typically avoiding it. thats not good for rvr at all sites.
  • if you already have 10 percent damage and range in your temp -- does the cloak charge stack??
  • 47el wrote: »
    if you already have 10 percent damage and range in your temp -- does the cloak charge stack??

No. The 15% magic damage does not raise your damage cap. It works like an acuity buff where it brings your damage closer to the cap.
    deltaxp wrote: »
    the last information i got, its that is a 10 minute buff. and therefore i stay on my opinion its too opd to give to an often played caster class. so either move it to a hybrid class as in hibernia the valewalker who has a similar buff (10% damage/ 10% range) or give it to an often played caster class in other realms as an 10 minutes buff or an appropiate counter measure like a 10 minutes 15% primary not debuffable resis buff on a caster. another possibility would be to give it only the wizard himself and not the group. it would be in my opinion still to much than for him, since he has already a build in 15% residebuff in his dd. but it would only effect one caster class and not all and the balance break wouldnt be so high.

It is NOT a 10 minute buff. The buff lasts 25 seconds with +25% Spell Duration. Please make a Wizard on Pendragon and check for yourself if you don't have a level 50 Wizard on Ywain before opening a thread and spreading misinformation.
  • deltaxp wrote: »
    yesterday and before yesterday i was with the herozerg and he always had to interrupt keep raids in albion, cause the damage input was too high, for giving healers a chance. i know. lots of albions find the hero-zerg and his attacks on albions keep annoying at all and find it good, that he interrupted the keep raids, although he is only seeking for fights. on the other hand of site, alb-players often tend to stay in keeps in rarely go into offense (yesterday they did on behn suprisingly). so they wait for two, three hours for nothing. if this really is, what they want. than okay. go for it. have fun with waiting in keeps.

So, you actually got some opposition in other realms and first thing is, you call for a nerf?
    Well, if hero had to interrupt some keep fights, then of course, we nerf albion at once....we nerf them, so that hero can again take keeps as he wants to. This is the primary goal!
  • But that you still dont know the duration of the buff after a couple of days, is kinda funny.
  • Wait, VW Cloak has 10 min duration and you want the Wiz cloak to be nerfed?

I'd rather adjust the VW-Cloak to 10 sec duration. you now, should be balanced?
    @Rootnix and nerf the necro cloak too then, since it can stack with the wizard cloak?

Mind blown.
    Post edited by Shoke on
  • the wizard is the only caster class on all three realms that can count on DPS as the ONLY source of utility in the group. no single target disease, no stats debuffs, no dmg debuffs for other classes. All other nukers have some sort of utility, and this lower utility is only compensated by a 10 dps on the main fire nuke and a third bolt from a secondary spell line.
    earth wiz nukes matter hence useless in alb setups (servant necro does everything better, if one willingly decides to make a matter train) and ice wiz nukes cold also even more useless in alb setups (and again, sight necro does everything better).

Hence no, there is no real reason to boost other realm's nukers based on the fact that the wiz got this ability because the wizard is and remains a useless class that nobody is gonna take in proper setups, and even if you are thinking of keep siege - successful siege defense is like 1 in 10 for alb, so I don't think that this is gonna change the world for keep deffers anyway.

(on a different note, I have been advocating in favor of a single target disease spell for the ice wizard for years to make it slightly more appealing for 8man roaming, which would effectively make the wiz an alternative to the cabalist in alb caster setups, but this is a totally different story and nobody listens anyway)