Live Server Downtime - Patch 1.127

All live servers will be coming down tomorrow, Tuesday September 1st, 2020, at 5:45AM EDT / 10:45AM GMT for patch 1.127!

Please check out the patch notes below!

Highlights
  • Fall in love with your house all over again with brand new exterior and interior models and textures!
  • Enjoy using the expanded Market Explorer search options!
  • Check out the Endless Conquest limitations and Veteran account reward changes!
  • Upgrade your style with our new cosmetic options in the Mithril store!
  • Explore new ways to defend and capture keeps with the revamped Stormlord Master Level line!
  • TONS of Bug Fixes and Client improvements!

1.127 full patch notes

Click here to visit the DAoC Herald!
DAoC Community Lead
Broadsword Online Games
Tagged:

Comments

• Update: Ywain and Gaheris are once again live! Archived servers will be up later today.

Developer's note: Please remember to login and run the /listmerchant command at your house so that its items can be found on the Market Explorer as all houses have been delisted with server-up.
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • You have to run it twice if you were already listed. Just check the chat box.
  • Spring quest is back. Not sure what else was rolled back (/checks her rps)...
  • Thanks @Lff events are off now.

We're aware of a couple of issues with qbinds and setcamera and are working on them!
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • Why did you mess with INT buff?? WHY WHY WHY? WTH IS WRONG WITH YOU?
  • KoeKoe
    edited September 2020 PM
    It's toned down to like 86 with stardrop. That's 7 acuity difference.
    Post edited by Koe on
  • Stardrop is useless besides that one effect. What a pointless change
  • About what time can we expect archived servers to be back up? Just got my account back and anxious to transfer!
  • LffLff
    edited September 2020 PM
    okay actually its down to 82 acuity and im at 40 less af with 25% buff bonus. /cry
    Post edited by Lff on
  • Also boats are stuck all over everywhere. Noticed two mid river boats just hanging at glen docks, and then my bolg boat (mid) stopped before EV and it said "the water has become too shallow to sail the midgard-bolg further in this direction. There were probably 15 boats stuck there.
  • Thanks @Lff boats should behave now :)
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • New Live client is up. Please logout if you are currently online and re-run the patcher.

1) Fixes /qbind issues recognizing the correct slot and saving correctly on logout/zone. If your qbinds were already overwritten, we sincerely apologize but you'll have to re-set them. Anyone with backed up character .ini files or those that have yet to login should see their normal /qbinds after running the live client's patcher.

2) GTs should mostly work in dungeons now. We'll have a more comprehensive fix later this week. Most rooms in a dungeon should allow you to place a GT on the ground with the new functionality though.

3) We are temporarily disabling the "match all bonuses" feature in housing. Search results were beginning to take too long and causing other issues. We'll optimize this and have an update/fix as soon as we're happy with it. Everything else will still work on the Market Explorer except for this flag.
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • TY Beibs!

Just a note that the min/max plat searches on housing don't seem to be working. I.e. You can search for stardrop by 2p top and it will retrieve every stardrop.
  • Update2: Archived servers are all up now as well as Ywain and Gaheris.

A new live client is up with the following fixes:
    • /Qbinds being set properly and saving correctly on logout and zone.
    • Users who were crashing when logging in with certain Custom UIs should no longer crash.

This client also temporarily disables the 'match all bonuses' feature on the market explorer so it can be updated to return results faster.

Players that are currently in-game should logout and re-run their patcher.
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • edited September 2020 PM
    Edit: market explorer is buggy AF
    Post edited by Armagedden on
  • Also, making EVERYONE in the game needed another 1-3 more items in their pack to get 25% buff bonus before casting a supremacy pot is despicable
  • -When clicking on someone's merchant and open their merchant's window, if you try to /right click to delve info on an item WHILE FACING THE HOUSE it will close the consignment merchants tab. you need to be facing away from the house (and click grass or something not targetable in order to click it and get info)

-been seeing duplicate items pop up while searching on the Market Explorer... aka items show up 2x in a row on list...

-when you hit "next" page, the window disappears... sometimes for .5 seconds, sometimes for 1-2 seconds. Lag maybe?
  • How has the consignment merchant button to withdraw funds remained misspelled after all these years as "wihtdraw"? lol
  • The people complaining about needing buff hear is hilarious
  • Can no longer cast non-combat spells while mounting up (example: casting speed of the hunt before mounting up). nothing in patch notes about this and makes zero sense, seeing how speed classes can do this and automatically regain speed after 10 seconds out of combat...
  • edited September 2020 PM
    Armagedden wrote: »
    Can no longer cast non-combat spells while mounting up (example: casting speed of the hunt before mounting up). nothing in patch notes about this and makes zero sense, seeing how speed classes can do this and automatically regain speed after 10 seconds out of combat...

I was able to use a speed of the hunt then summon my mount right after pressing the use for it, and the reverse with no issue. Can you give me more detail on this?
    Post edited by Carol_Broadsword on
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • You used to be able to call for your mount, and while waiting for it you could cast spells or speed of the hunt throughout the mounting 'animation', even throughout its completion. Now if you are casting a spell at the same time as the mounting process completes it'll give you the message "You must stop what you're currently doing before calling your mount" and the mounting attempt will fail because of it, whilst previously it would still complete successfully whilst casting spells at the same time.

To use the above example; right now if you press mount and then begin casting/using speed of the hunt the mounting attempt will fail if you are still in the process of casting speed of the hunt when the mount timer animation finishes up.

Not a big deal imo, but I did notice that it now works differently than it used to, without a doubt.
  • Armagedden wrote: »
    Can no longer cast non-combat spells while mounting up (example: casting speed of the hunt before mounting up). nothing in patch notes about this and makes zero sense, seeing how speed classes can do this and automatically regain speed after 10 seconds out of combat...

I was able to use a speed of the hunt then summon my mount right after pressing the use for it, and the reverse with no issue. Can you give me more detail on this?

I know if you cast mount then cast either 1) pet 2) bladeturn 3) a heal 4) brittle guard 5) spec af/abs/cl resists your mount doesn't summon.

if that's intended its fine, its just what 5-10 years of muscle memory.
  • null
    Exactly... 5-10 years of muscle memory but also just an overall inconvenience and should be fixed
  • @Carol_Broadsword
    When will you say sth on a new server? Is this still planned?
  • Housing patch broke housing, give them a couple weeks to fix everything first.