Strongest Duo and Trio

Hello everyone just out of curiosity, what do you think are the strongest Duo and Trio options assuming high RR.

My picks would be:
Bard + Mentalist
Bard + Mentalist + Eld

I think Bard is very strong in small man because SOS, strong CC and Sojo is all on one class.

Looking forward to your picks.

Comments

• Skald / Valk / Zerk or Sav on Mid can kill that trio.
  • Replace eld with VW and it's stronger
  • null
    That’s impossible. Speed wraps, Disease, CC, NS, Stun. Mid trio definitely can’t kill it
  • edited August 2020 PM
    Charge goes through speed warps. Skald also gets a RR5 that makes it immune to CC. You may have a chance if you pre-kite with SoS but as soon as the tanks split on all three it's over.

Edit: as Triq said, throw a VW in place of the Eld and you'll stand a much better chance.
    Post edited by puter on
  • You drop warp. If they don’t loose speed they charge then you kite. If they loose speed then you mezz or root and it’s over
  • edited August 2020 PM
    And then the skald pops his siege buff and 1 shots the warp.

I don't see how a skald valk healer trio loses to bard ment Eld.
    Post edited by Shoke on
  • It's all situational, depends on the hit, who has what up, etc
  • The strongest duo or trio would definitely have to have at least 1 pet class included.

A buffed pet can really make a difference in small man scenarios, cuz it adds another person to kill/fight.
    Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters
  • Pet is very strong I agree. So what’s your pick?
  • @dave assume all is up and assume open field.
  • CC means nothing against Det9 + Stoi tanks.
  • Who's playing what class? What are their ranks? Did some form of insta CC get resisted? Did a melee miss a style that would've killed someone? What about the same for a caster and someone resisting a killing blow?
  • Dont be so complicated. If even something is being resisted, there will always be a trend in matches. For sake of the argument, let’s assume all RR11
  • So you’re in for double healer?
  • Well if you assume open field, the mix would probably be

Cc/heals
    Pet class
    Hybrid

So hib would be bard+vw/champ+ment/ani/chanter

Mid
    Healer + bd/sm + valk

Alb
    Sorc + necro + pally (two lifetap classes, don't really need a main healer)
  • Interesting combinations. Healer, SM and Valk is probably nice because of the 2 demezz and plenty of heals.
  • It's really hard to beat a healer + x on mid. All three types of CC and the underestimated possibility of amnesia-spam.
  • Bard has Amnesia, Crescendo and SoS thought. Root is much longer as well.
  • Thrakonna wrote: »
    Bard has Amnesia, Crescendo and SoS thought. Root is much longer as well.

Instant amnesia is ok but you will never lock down anyone who MoCs unlike a Healer or Sorcerer. Granted, you can run a Mentalist and accomplish the same thing. Crescendo isn't as great as it used to be and does nothing in a Speed Warp. SoS is generally used as a means to reset a fight unless you're running tank heavy. Healers also get a root so that's a moot point (17 seconds doesn't amount to much after resists and other CC reducing effects).

Don't get me wrong. Bard is a strong class. But paper DAoC never reflects reality here simply because everyone plays at a different skill level and a good/bad hit can win/cost a fight. You also have little control over how many players you're up against unless you're setting up fights. Shoke has the right idea on what to look for when making a small man. All three realms are competent in this area.
  • Bard
    Ment
    Warden
    Would be one of the top ones.

Another one could be
    Pac Healer
    Thane
    SM

Another
    Pac Healer
    BD
    SM

And for Albion
    Minstrel
    Smite Cleric
    Melee Friar

Sorc
    Friar
    Caster Mauler

Sorc
    Necromancer
    Friar

Could be more but these are the top trios off the top of my head.
  • Sorc
    Therg
    Cleric

Mini
    Arms
    Pally

Sorc
    Merc
    Cleric

Druid
    Bard
    Chanter

Healer
    Valk
    Zerk

If only the game had instance RvR. 3 vs 3 arenas would be fun.
    Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters