1.127 Pendragon Test Server Hot Fix #1

Feedback and replies on testing has been amazing, thank you all for taking the time and sending in your thoughts and trying things out on Pendragon.

We're aware of and working on the following issues on Pendragon that will be fixed in the next test server's downtime:
  • Allowances for the new Ground-Target system in crowded areas.
  • Market Explorer search issues with the match all bonus option.
  • The /housefriend command not functioning properly.
  • Siege weapons colliding with other siege weapons.
  • Issues with equipping One-handers into the Two-hand slot.
  • Bodyguard's radius not matching the Battlemaster styles' interrupt radius.
  • In the meantime, please enjoy the 1.127B notes below!


View the 1.127 Hot Fix notes on the Herald!
Post edited by Carol_Broadsword on
DAoC Community Lead
Broadsword Online Games
Tagged:
«1

Comments

  • Outpost changes

    Keep wall and outer keep gate difficulties in the Frontier have been reduced.
    This change is done with the aim of increasing more courtyard-centered keep battles by reducing the time
    takes to get through outer keep walls and gates while maintaining the difficulty of inner keep doors.
    Outer keep gates stil have varying difficulty based on keep location.


    Not sure if this is any helpful. I can only speak for hero bg. But as soon as hero is in inner keep, fight is usually won. Bec. you cant really defend the inner keep.
  • Kroko wrote: »
    Outpost changes

    Keep wall and outer keep gate difficulties in the Frontier have been reduced.
    This change is done with the aim of increasing more courtyard-centered keep battles by reducing the time
    takes to get through outer keep walls and gates while maintaining the difficulty of inner keep doors.
    Outer keep gates stil have varying difficulty based on keep location.


    Not sure if this is any helpful. I can only speak for hero bg. But as soon as hero is in inner keep, fight is usually won. Bec. you cant really defend the inner keep.

    Stun nuke nuke and climbers will still keep defenders hiding inside. Not sure the logic on that one.
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus
  • Dreamscape wrote: »
    Kroko wrote: »
    Outpost changes

    Keep wall and outer keep gate difficulties in the Frontier have been reduced.
    This change is done with the aim of increasing more courtyard-centered keep battles by reducing the time
    takes to get through outer keep walls and gates while maintaining the difficulty of inner keep doors.
    Outer keep gates stil have varying difficulty based on keep location.


    Not sure if this is any helpful. I can only speak for hero bg. But as soon as hero is in inner keep, fight is usually won. Bec. you cant really defend the inner keep.

    Stun nuke nuke and climbers will still keep defenders hiding inside. Not sure the logic on that one.

    Stun nuke nuke is now a moot point is there is a stormlord around....Climbers will still be a problem but then again another stormlord can put up a 50% fumble storm on top of the stun storm and life is golden.
  • Dreamscape wrote: »
    Kroko wrote: »
    Outpost changes

    Keep wall and outer keep gate difficulties in the Frontier have been reduced.
    This change is done with the aim of increasing more courtyard-centered keep battles by reducing the time
    takes to get through outer keep walls and gates while maintaining the difficulty of inner keep doors.
    Outer keep gates stil have varying difficulty based on keep location.


    Not sure if this is any helpful. I can only speak for hero bg. But as soon as hero is in inner keep, fight is usually won. Bec. you cant really defend the inner keep.

    Stun nuke nuke and climbers will still keep defenders hiding inside. Not sure the logic on that one.

    Don't forget to factor in the changes in Stormlord in keeps/towers going forward.
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • more alb stormlords now----ill miss the two speedwarps :(
  • Good changes to stormlord.
  • KatKat
    edited August 14 PM
    Ranger rr5 changed to pet scare

    /dance
    Post edited by Kat on
    Stealth zergs are a cancer
  • why the change to VW thou?
  • @Carol_Broadsword the VW change is ridiculous, but I’m very excited about the SL changes. Seriously, though, just say no to removing VW celerity.
    CATACUSX/Einherjarl - ASATRUAR
  • Interesting Stormlord changes. Might see some Nightshades go SL. Pet scare and melee fumble sounds strong.
    Da ant family - House 1809Da fly family - House 4501Da spider family - House 444
    Check out the trophy collection - Ywain 1.
    https://www.daocutils.com/chimp/daredant
  • Vw need because their dps is far above what a hybrid should be. 2200 and more ws on a dd proc class is insane, and would need to be toned down

    Merc r5 also needs the timer increased and/or remove the debuff purge plus immunity effect

    Cl abs buff needs to stay as is, helps squishy classes have a better chance va heavy hitters
  • @Carol_Broadsword please look more at Vamp class... increasing power cost of claw does little to nothing... in 8v8 a vamps dps claw spamming is minimal compared to BM/triple wield or 2h hero swinging at cap swing speed. Increasing power cost of claw does nothing... Instead, remove the buffshear that vamps can get. IDGAF about claw damage. Claw damage matters not in 8v8 and let's face it if you want to solo a vamp you need to be Battlemaster otherwise you'll get whomped anyways despite clawspam... get rid of buff shear it has no place...

    VW removing celerity? VW's are totally fine why does @Broadsword continually make changes to things that are fine

    Necros: @$^$ing FINALLY!!!
  • The dates of the grabbag and the patch note are the same, so who is writing the questions from grab bag,

    Why nerf suprem pots? if it s the same with 25% amelioration bufff, people will switch use stardrop before the /use and the stats will be the same , right? At the end we lose 1 spot in inventory and the same result, so i would say its a bit useless? I m prety sure that switching item may increase the chance of crashing the client on you beautiful server xD






  • Kroko wrote: »
    Outpost changes

    Keep wall and outer keep gate difficulties in the Frontier have been reduced.
    This change is done with the aim of increasing more courtyard-centered keep battles by reducing the time
    takes to get through outer keep walls and gates while maintaining the difficulty of inner keep doors.
    Outer keep gates stil have varying difficulty based on keep location.

    Not sure if this is any helpful. I can only speak for hero bg. But as soon as hero is in inner keep, fight is usually won. Bec. you cant really defend the inner keep.

    Agreed as soon as the Hero BG hits the CY it's essentially game over for any of the defenders. Hib just stun + nukes on the assist and typically the defenders are significantly outnumbered.
  • edited August 15 PM
    Outpost changes

    Keep wall and outer keep gate difficulties in the Frontier have been reduced.
    This change is done with the aim of increasing more courtyard-centered keep battles by reducing the time it takes to get through outer keep walls and gates while maintaining the difficulty of inner keep doors.
    Outer keep gates stil have varying difficulty based on keep location.

    Has anybody from [removed] been at a CY battle lately, as a defender? If heavily outnumbered, the roof is an instant kill zone. Outer towers on the keep overlook the roof allowing casters to decimate anybody who peeps their head in view on the roof. The lord zone is simple a kill box because the roof is inaccessible (outside of one or two corners for a healer) and has no strategic value to it besides one choke point. Also you can pretty easily rupt the entire lord room from the cubby before the lord room, just throw up a moc'd bard, heretic, or healer w/ warr grp cloak or healer rr5 up, and boom entire lord room can be locked.

    The best solution would be to raise the level of the inner CK so that it's safe for players defending to actually use that level. The lord room would be a great defense point, if it wasn't essentially having your back pushed into a corner with no real tactical opportunities outside of counter-push, other groups AJing the attacking BG from the courtyard, or hope you can hold your line.

    Maybe the elite guards should be adjusted so that they will never lead the lord room, because currently the sieging force can just send somebody with Phase shift, or a pet, to pull all the elite guards to the CY. If you're lucky enough to get accidentally zephyr'd into the keep, you can even pull all the elite guards before the inner door even goes down.

    Courtyard battles are great, but I would like to suggest an alternative. Boost trebuchet damage on walls and add more siege tent hookpoints around the keep. DAoC is a game that thrives on tri-realm combat, so allow the 3rd realm into the siege. A lot of times during a long siege, the attacking force often gets pinned inside the keep because stealthers will repair, so the third realm is locked out unless they want to break through the same barriers. Making it easier to blow holes in walls will allow for more parties to join in on the courtyard fun w/o being forced through a funnel or chokepoint, and if an 8man or 16man is trying to mess with a siege, it is damn-near a suicide mission to charge into two zergs fighting each other in a keep.

    Post edited by Carol_Broadsword on
    "...the best thing to do if you disagree (or agree) isn't to ask us why (which is rhetorical)...." -John_Broadsword
    "the patch [1.127] is later this year" -Carol_Broadsword, aka "constable paddy biehbien of the **** local community Enforcement force "
    send a message with your wallet
  • Nice patch, will be interesting to see if the SL changes work, but nice step in the right direction.
  • Why are you messing with supremacy potions and making us have to swap buff gear for same effect? Have you not noticed us telling you we want Qol changes to make **** less tedious?
    Bodukejr- hunter
    Thegenerallee-shadowblade
    Misleadinglooks-warrior

    Grumblejr-hero
    Danceswithdebuffs-champion
    Faatkid-druid
  • Boduke wrote: »
    Why are you messing with supremacy potions and making us have to swap buff gear for same effect? Have you not noticed us telling you we want Qol changes to make **** less tedious?

    Good question.
  • @Superlaws it will be interesting.

    The real question is who is gonna tell MrBadWolf about the cloak nerf?
  • I dont understand the change on the sup pot too .
  • Dreamscape wrote: »
    Kroko wrote: »
    Outpost changes

    Keep wall and outer keep gate difficulties in the Frontier have been reduced.
    This change is done with the aim of increasing more courtyard-centered keep battles by reducing the time
    takes to get through outer keep walls and gates while maintaining the difficulty of inner keep doors.
    Outer keep gates stil have varying difficulty based on keep location.


    Not sure if this is any helpful. I can only speak for hero bg. But as soon as hero is in inner keep, fight is usually won. Bec. you cant really defend the inner keep.

    Stun nuke nuke and climbers will still keep defenders hiding inside. Not sure the logic on that one.

    Don't forget to factor in the changes in Stormlord in keeps/towers going forward.

    I see those changes, hope it helps with defending/attacking to make them more enjoyable.
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus
  • edited August 15 PM
    Feedback and replies on testing has been amazing, thank you all for taking the time and sending in your thoughts and trying things out on Pendragon.

    We're aware of and working on the following issues on Pendragon that will be fixed in the next test server's downtime:
    • Allowances for the new Ground-Target system in crowded areas.
    • Market Explorer search issues with the match all bonus option.
    • The /housefriend command not functioning properly.
    • Siege weapons colliding with other siege weapons.
    • Issues with equipping One-handers into the Two-hand slot.
    • Bodyguard's radius not matching the Battlemaster styles' interrupt radius.
    • In the meantime, please enjoy the 1.127B notes below!


    View the 1.127b notes on the Herald!

    so a few things.

    I like courtyard fights but it would be nice if some of the keeps were made bigger like Crim, Berk and Nott. Also keeps like Behn, Blendrake and Surs do not have a back door. That is a problem once an enemy is on the front door the keep is already gone unless you have numbers inside.

    Also in regards to keep fights would it make sense to reduce the amount of climbing classes in the game? i think 2 per realm is more than enough.

    Also i know i have been very out spoken about this over the years but give us 4 towers again per keep. Why not add more areas to rvr?

    Also i would still like BS to address making it so +to archery adds damage over 61 total spec. As it currently stands a RR1 archer with 50 spec + 11 in template hits as hard as RR10 archer with 50+11+9 in realm rank. This gives no inventive to template items with + archery or use a spell crafting spot on armor. This would give archers a chance to make templates more bow or melee focused.


    Post edited by Sepphiroth75 on
  • It must be a joke, that using sup pot becomes more complicated.
    No balance argument can justify this.
  • Kroko wrote: »
    It must be a joke, that using sup pot becomes more complicated.
    No balance argument can justify this.

    Uhh maybe they want to make Buffbots a thing again to gain subs? The introduction to Sup pots basically killed the need for buffbots and that's a loss in revenue. So as a business decision I can see why this might* be a reason. Not saying it IS the reason, just saying it could be.
  • KoeKoe
    edited August 16 PM
    Huge mid nerf.

    I'm super sad at this but also a bit happy that at least it looks like broadsword is acknowledging that stun is broken vs hib keep defense. Sad because:

    Dazzling array: Casts a stun feedback buff to allies in its radius instead of an accuracy buff. Only works versus casted, non-realm ability stuns, melee style stuns will still land.

    Okay, with this implementation we will finally seen the full cycle death of pac healer's aoe stun and any mid only benefit (they already nerfed aoe stun radius and nerfed # of possible targets And this does nothing to nerf the alb (theugh) version). Thanks for playing mid. Fond memories of ever taking a defended lord room. At the same time, hibs now have druids with an aoe root, long duration, that does not break on damage. With this you can utterly decimate any attempted push. Hibs will argue that nature druids are not as powefull as some other classes/specs so why do it, why win, is what I say. When fighting hib zergs they have at least one of these and already you cant hardly ever take a defended hib keep. This will further break this disparity. I'd scrap all this and just give some mid caster a specline stun (not even asking for baseline). Or just take healer aoe stun away because it's basically worthless after this patch, so at least we'd have an honest assessment when comparing stuff.

    It is going to be much harder to keep these storms up in windows or when siegeing/defending keeps in other locations because superior numbers can just push your storms away. OH AND NIGHTSHADES GET STORM LORD but infs/sb's dont. Remember that NS's can stay on the side of walls, outside of LOS and while taking damage, and cast at the same time. Good look keeping a storm anywhere but a lord room vs the hib zerg.

    In lord room or inside choke points where aoe stun is actually useful, you'd just assign one hib/alb caster to focus the winds (and now they can still cast to boot). As such, it's only actually useful, especially if you don't have a wall climbing stormlord caster, in the lord room. This is a HUGE alb/hib boost and a giant mid nerf.

    Meanwhile in this patch:

    The Runemaster's Loyalty cloak has had its (short duration self only) magic damage increase buff reduced from 25% to 15%.
    The Wizard's Loyalty cloak has had its Heart of Fire ability changed from a cooldown reset to a group +15% magic damage increase buff.
    The Wall of Flame realm rank 5 ability has had its hit buffer value increased from 400 to 700 health. (these two are going to work REALLY well with one tick in every group)
    The Protection Totem in Darkness specialization now can only affect a maximum of 8 targets. (doesn't really matter because there are no dark bds in zergs or otherwise but yeah another mid nerf to a potential bottleneck fight)
    Warlock Cursing specialization direct damage spells have had their damage types changed from Matter to Spirit. So now you run a spirit resist myth and that's all you have to worry about vs mid, and every hib group has a warden who gets 24 spirit resists easily in the spec, and almost nobody has a druid with 24% matter resists. Matter worked with mauler aoe debuff. Another mid nerf.

    I agree putting the aug healer stuff at lower level is appropriate given the buffs cleric/druid have gotten over the years as well as the changes to warden/friar/pally that have created a heal/peel/utility class on those realms mid just can't match, but by no means does it match these huge nerfs. Could just keep healers as they are and give mids a friar/warden comparable class. Or not.

    I don't know the sup pot reasoning but personally I don't like it. What is it supposed to justify? Make buff bots worthwile? if you want that, up buffbot acuity to (with buff bonus) cap at 93. Otherwise people are still going to use sup pots they are just going to hate the game a little more. I think someone summed up best by saying it does nothing but make you have to swap more.

    I guess I should end by saying I'm really grateful Broadsword's kept this game going and also that they are still trying to give us new stuff and balance classes. I know this is a bitch post, I just don't want the disparity to get even worse.
    Post edited by Koe on
  • Also don't get the cl damage absorb 50% nerf. It's in a line you don't get much else out of. Caster vs melee you die a lot as a caster because most melee classes have blur/snares/charge/diseases and any time they get you in range you are interrupted and they are not.

    All this will do is make it a little harder to play caster. It's already much easier to play a tank/assassin.
  • edited August 16 PM
    Koe wrote: »
    Huge mid nerf.

    I'm super sad at this but also a bit happy that at least it looks like broadsword is acknowledging that stun is broken vs hib keep defense. Sad because:

    Dazzling array: Casts a stun feedback buff to allies in its radius instead of an accuracy buff. Only works versus casted, non-realm ability stuns, melee style stuns will still land.

    Okay, with this implementation we will finally seen the full cycle death of pac healer's aoe stun and any mid only benefit (they already nerfed aoe stun radius and nerfed # of possible targets And this does nothing to nerf the alb (theugh) version). Thanks for playing mid. Fond memories of ever taking a defended lord room. At the same time, hibs now have druids with an aoe root, long duration, that does not break on damage. With this you can utterly decimate any attempted push. Hibs will argue that nature druids are not as powefull as some other classes/specs so why do it, why win, is what I say. When fighting hib zergs they have at least one of these and already you cant hardly ever take a defended hib keep. This will further break this disparity. I'd scrap all this and just give some mid caster a specline stun (not even asking for baseline). Or just take healer aoe stun away because it's basically worthless after this patch, so at least we'd have an honest assessment when comparing stuff.

    It is going to be much harder to keep these storms up in windows or when siegeing/defending keeps in other locations because superior numbers can just push your storms away. OH AND NIGHTSHADES GET STORM LORD but infs/sb's dont. Remember that NS's can stay on the side of walls, outside of LOS and while taking damage, and cast at the same time. Good look keeping a storm anywhere but a lord room vs the hib zerg.

    In lord room or inside choke points where aoe stun is actually useful, you'd just assign one hib/alb caster to focus the winds (and now they can still cast to boot). As such, it's only actually useful, especially if you don't have a wall climbing stormlord caster, in the lord room. This is a HUGE alb/hib boost and a giant mid nerf.

    Meanwhile in this patch:

    The Runemaster's Loyalty cloak has had its (short duration self only) magic damage increase buff reduced from 25% to 15%.
    The Wizard's Loyalty cloak has had its Heart of Fire ability changed from a cooldown reset to a group +15% magic damage increase buff.
    The Wall of Flame realm rank 5 ability has had its hit buffer value increased from 400 to 700 health. (these two are going to work REALLY well with one tick in every group)
    The Protection Totem in Darkness specialization now can only affect a maximum of 8 targets. (doesn't really matter because there are no dark bds in zergs or otherwise but yeah another mid nerf to a potential bottleneck fight)
    Warlock Cursing specialization direct damage spells have had their damage types changed from Matter to Spirit. So now you run a spirit resist myth and that's all you have to worry about vs mid, and every hib group has a warden who gets 24 spirit resists easily in the spec, and almost nobody has a druid with 24% matter resists. Matter worked with mauler aoe debuff. Another mid nerf.

    I agree putting the aug healer stuff at lower level is appropriate given the buffs cleric/druid have gotten over the years as well as the changes to warden/friar/pally that have created a heal/peel/utility class on those realms mid just can't match, but by no means does it match these huge nerfs. Could just keep healers as they are and give mids a friar/warden comparable class. Or not.

    I don't know the sup pot reasoning but personally I don't like it. What is it supposed to justify? Make buff bots worthwile? if you want that, up buffbot acuity to (with buff bonus) cap at 93. Otherwise people are still going to use sup pots they are just going to hate the game a little more. I think someone summed up best by saying it does nothing but make you have to swap more.

    I guess I should end by saying I'm really grateful Broadsword's kept this game going and also that they are still trying to give us new stuff and balance classes. I know this is a bitch post, I just don't want the disparity to get even worse.

    Couple of things; first get off the ledge, everything will be okay. Now to nitpick your thoughts a bit. Please let me know the last time you were chain stunned in a lordroom/keep fight by an air thurg. Also now Hex locks can 50% debuff their baseline DD....Mid love I would say along with the Aug Healer adjustments.

    Remember this is on Pend, not live. Give feedback and maybe you will bring up a point that BS didn't see. The AOE stun for healers is a good point. But at the same time imo it's a fair trade off to alleviate the Hibs ability to kill at will in a keep/tower setting because of stun/nuke.
    Post edited by BumblesZERG on
  • edited August 16 PM
    Koe wrote: »
    Huge mid nerf.

    I'm super sad at this but also a bit happy that at least it looks like broadsword is acknowledging that stun is broken vs hib keep defense. Sad because:

    Dazzling array: Casts a stun feedback buff to allies in its radius instead of an accuracy buff. Only works versus casted, non-realm ability stuns, melee style stuns will still land.

    Okay, with this implementation we will finally seen the full cycle death of pac healer's aoe stun and any mid only benefit (they already nerfed aoe stun radius and nerfed # of possible targets And this does nothing to nerf the alb (theugh) version). Thanks for playing mid. Fond memories of ever taking a defended lord room. At the same time, hibs now have druids with an aoe root, long duration, that does not break on damage. With this you can utterly decimate any attempted push. Hibs will argue that nature druids are not as powefull as some other classes/specs so why do it, why win, is what I say. When fighting hib zergs they have at least one of these and already you cant hardly ever take a defended hib keep. This will further break this disparity. I'd scrap all this and just give some mid caster a specline stun (not even asking for baseline). Or just take healer aoe stun away because it's basically worthless after this patch, so at least we'd have an honest assessment when comparing stuff.

    It is going to be much harder to keep these storms up in windows or when siegeing/defending keeps in other locations because superior numbers can just push your storms away. OH AND NIGHTSHADES GET STORM LORD but infs/sb's dont. Remember that NS's can stay on the side of walls, outside of LOS and while taking damage, and cast at the same time. Good look keeping a storm anywhere but a lord room vs the hib zerg.

    In lord room or inside choke points where aoe stun is actually useful, you'd just assign one hib/alb caster to focus the winds (and now they can still cast to boot). As such, it's only actually useful, especially if you don't have a wall climbing stormlord caster, in the lord room. This is a HUGE alb/hib boost and a giant mid nerf.

    Meanwhile in this patch:

    The Runemaster's Loyalty cloak has had its (short duration self only) magic damage increase buff reduced from 25% to 15%.
    The Wizard's Loyalty cloak has had its Heart of Fire ability changed from a cooldown reset to a group +15% magic damage increase buff.
    The Wall of Flame realm rank 5 ability has had its hit buffer value increased from 400 to 700 health. (these two are going to work REALLY well with one tick in every group)
    The Protection Totem in Darkness specialization now can only affect a maximum of 8 targets. (doesn't really matter because there are no dark bds in zergs or otherwise but yeah another mid nerf to a potential bottleneck fight)
    Warlock Cursing specialization direct damage spells have had their damage types changed from Matter to Spirit. So now you run a spirit resist myth and that's all you have to worry about vs mid, and every hib group has a warden who gets 24 spirit resists easily in the spec, and almost nobody has a druid with 24% matter resists. Matter worked with mauler aoe debuff. Another mid nerf.

    I agree putting the aug healer stuff at lower level is appropriate given the buffs cleric/druid have gotten over the years as well as the changes to warden/friar/pally that have created a heal/peel/utility class on those realms mid just can't match, but by no means does it match these huge nerfs. Could just keep healers as they are and give mids a friar/warden comparable class. Or not.

    I don't know the sup pot reasoning but personally I don't like it. What is it supposed to justify? Make buff bots worthwile? if you want that, up buffbot acuity to (with buff bonus) cap at 93. Otherwise people are still going to use sup pots they are just going to hate the game a little more. I think someone summed up best by saying it does nothing but make you have to swap more.

    I guess I should end by saying I'm really grateful Broadsword's kept this game going and also that they are still trying to give us new stuff and balance classes. I know this is a bitch post, I just don't want the disparity to get even worse.

    A lot of great points here, however I agree with @BumblesZERG that the warlock baseline change is a good thing for Mid. Hex Locks are pretty versatile now in Mid groups and now you won't lose any DPS (great point about the matter resist, this plays to Hex lock) w/ a setup of Pach / Augh / Sham / Skald / Hex Lock / Savage / Zerker / Valk, or Pach / Augh / Sham / Skald / Hex Lock / SM / SM (or RM) / Valk That's 5x healing classes and 5x DPS classes in a mid group, complimented with NS, speedwarp, AF debuff, and pin. I'll yield that the group is lacking in utility RA's (such as ST (unless you run runie), TWF, no game-breaking RR5's), but compare that to any hib Alternative group setup and they can not muster 5x support and 5x burst DPS classes.

    I 100% agree about the life and death cycle of a Pach. I like the stun-feedback storm, but think it is absolutely imbalanced that this storm can effect 24**** players and now focus winds isn't a focus anymore, effectively nullifying AOE stun usefulness, and what was once a cornerstone of the realm. If the change is to combat hib stun-nuke-nuke, that's a very creative and smart way to keep the ability in the game while nerfing it only in keep fights, however baseline stunn is single target, so why does this storm need to effect more than 4 players? I could see 8, or 10, but 3 full groups?

    I also don't see the point in nerfing the RM cloak, it was already less useful than it's class counterparts cloaks.

    I disagree with you on Sup pots. Bold take, but cap buff pot potions are dumb. They aren't a good decision for the player base, or the business. On the business side, they just lose bot subs (dumb). On the player base side, sup pots lessen the blow of killing an enemy player. If somebody in their group has PR up, boom that player is up instantaneously, no RS, if their support is half decent they are back at 100% fully loaded in under three seconds once being dropped. Players should be punished for over extending, poor positioning by being killed by enemy forces. Too many zerg v zerg fights where it's all about spray n pray, egg charges, and ST. It's fine to keep them in game, but I think there should be a rvr combat timer or simple place them under cap buffs. Nerfing the value of the pot will probably make too many people complain, but maybe if it's balanced with a bunch of other QOL adjustments that make things easier (there have been plenty suggested, I don;t think I need to go into detail), it might slide better with the player base.

    Don't see the point in nerfing the BD totems, the class has little keep fight utility outside of them as pets are 100% useless. And nerfing the dark totem so it's not even like they'll be able to have a bunch of solid healer pets up with commander on passive. BD's get TWF, NM, and their sup or dark totem, unless for some reason they went BA and just have AoE DoT. So that's three things for a BD to do during a keep fight outside of baseline singletarget DD, and two of them are on long cool downs while the third is something you can only do once every 30 seconds or 1 min (can't remember the totem duration atm). Sounds STUPID BORING to me.
    Post edited by Dale_Perf on
    "...the best thing to do if you disagree (or agree) isn't to ask us why (which is rhetorical)...." -John_Broadsword
    "the patch [1.127] is later this year" -Carol_Broadsword, aka "constable paddy biehbien of the **** local community Enforcement force "
    send a message with your wallet
  • @John_Broadsword @Carol_Broadsword

    Does the Supremacy Pot change also apply to the Elixir of Conquests?

    Please, decrease the affected number of players in storms from 24 to 8. With the current population, you are covering a third up to an entire zerg with the current cap.
  • edited August 16 PM
    ...
    Post edited by Kroko on
  • edited August 16 PM
    Am I wrong for thinking that changing ALL casted stuns to be like a stationary Zephyr would be a bad thing? When a casted stun is landed it would put a barrier around a player keeping them stationary and preventing damage done to them while still being useful as a CC. If people used a casted stun they could still prevent movement of the player and even get into position to bomb or rush from tanks. No damage would be incurred during the duration but full damage (barring resists) would be had after it wore off. This way casted stuns could still be used as CC and offensively to allow players to get into place to do other actions. This way it allows melee stuns to keep their duration and damage components and still allow for casted stuns to be used as cc and not offensive guaranteed kills.

    Edit: This is just an idea from someone who has enough rps on hib casters combined to have a rr13. I'm looking for balance. I'm throwing out ideas for a middle ground.
    Post edited by Daelin on
  • Daelin wrote: »
    Am I wrong for thinking that changing ALL casted stuns to be like a stationary Zephyr would be a bad thing? When a casted stun is landed it would put a barrier around a player keeping them stationary and preventing damage done to them while still being useful as a CC. If people used a casted stun they could still prevent movement of the player and even get into position to bomb or rush from tanks. No damage would be incurred during the duration but full damage (barring resists) would be had after it wore off. This way casted stuns could still be used as CC and offensively to allow players to get into place to do other actions. This way it allows melee stuns to keep their duration and damage components and still allow for casted stuns to be used as cc and not offensive guaranteed kills.

    Edit: This is just an idea from someone who has enough rps on hib casters combined to have a rr13. I'm looking for balance. I'm throwing out ideas for a middle ground.

    I meant to say I think it would be a good thing to change all casted stuns to a stationary zephyr. I can't type late at night....
  • Daelin wrote: »
    Am I wrong for thinking that changing ALL casted stuns to be like a stationary Zephyr would be a bad thing? When a casted stun is landed it would put a barrier around a player keeping them stationary and preventing damage done to them while still being useful as a CC. If people used a casted stun they could still prevent movement of the player and even get into position to bomb or rush from tanks. No damage would be incurred during the duration but full damage (barring resists) would be had after it wore off. This way casted stuns could still be used as CC and offensively to allow players to get into place to do other actions. This way it allows melee stuns to keep their duration and damage components and still allow for casted stuns to be used as cc and not offensive guaranteed kills.

    Edit: This is just an idea from someone who has enough rps on hib casters combined to have a rr13. I'm looking for balance. I'm throwing out ideas for a middle ground.

    I dont understand this, but I dont like it.
  • edited August 16 PM
    Bugged out, don't want to retype everything
    Post edited by Shoke on
  • KoeKoe
    edited August 16 PM
    Question for the hibs here:

    If they get the storm to work so that it does block casted stun and is useable by albs/mids in keep defense, is that going to break the hib zerg. There seem to be so many casters in the zerg who are there for the easy rps and collect either using stun nuke or assisting someone with. If that all goes away and things get competitive, does siege warefare die? If that would break the hib zerg in current form, if stun still worked as is but was more available on other realms as well, would that keep you rvring?

    Also, sorry for melting down earlier. I've been an advocate for a change to the stun disparity in keep defense for a while so it's not like I can complain if they listen and if in listening all stuns get impacted (including pacs). I also think this might be an interesting fix as it doesn't change open field anything (where its less an issue). It's also not something I would have thought of.
    Post edited by Koe on
  • LffLff
    edited August 16 PM
    Even changing the storm to be limited to 8 or even 4 people, in a lord room that's enough for everyone to get coverage.

    I stopped playing hib because I felt bad, so I don't know what the rest of them do if stun nuke dries up in keep siege. I think they will be fine because they can counter wall casters using stormlord NS and the other realms cant.

    It's probably not a popular theme on these boards but zerg leaders perform a great service. I know people talk about how nice its been this past week without the hibs running, but especially running a scheduled bg does create action and it allows people to schedule their day. I see some of these stormlord changes as potentially upsetting that balance so hopefully hero gets a chance to weigh in. (I think he's back today). For instance sending tanks over the wall creates action and it gives hib healers something to do. A fumble storm seems like too much. It does make me want to hop on my animist and just create a shroom field and a storm and just camp a solo spot though. Near unbeatable:)

    As a returning player I like sup pots as they were and feel they help make me more competitive, and they help groups of us scrubs compete with the more leet players. Should there be a penalty for death. Yeah, and there is, there's also a you get reduced rps penalty and all immunity timers are gone and you lost all your buffs and charges that were up. There are people in the zerg who will die 20-30 times a night. That's an entire sup pot. I think that arguing that death should hurt more is 100% wrong because it is the returning and learning players who feel deaths most frequently and gain fewest rps in the process. I think sup pots help raise the floor.

    Post edited by Lff on
  • Since we're beefing up Stormlord, can we look at stormlord classes?

    Alb : Cabby, Necro, Sorc, Wizard, Thurgist
    Hib : Animist, Bainshee, Eldritch, Enchanter, Nightshade, Mentalist, Valewalker
    Mid : Runemaster, Spiritmaster, Thane, Valkyrie

    Alb x5, Hib x7, and Mid x4. Can we adjust this? Seems like it's going to benefit hib more than anybody, again.
    "...the best thing to do if you disagree (or agree) isn't to ask us why (which is rhetorical)...." -John_Broadsword
    "the patch [1.127] is later this year" -Carol_Broadsword, aka "constable paddy biehbien of the **** local community Enforcement force "
    send a message with your wallet
  • cant wait for the siege and dots hitting those 3 groups standing in a storm..........
  • I think the totem nerf is good because it could be abused, not good because it is being abused.
  • edited August 16 PM
    One question we should be asking is what is the cooldown on the Stormlord Stun Feedback? When a stun is casted on a player inside the storm and has a stun feedback, how long before another stun feedback occurs?

    Any Clarification @Carol_Broadsword please?
    Post edited by Daelin on
  • Koe wrote: »
    If they get the storm to work so that it does block casted stun and is useable by albs/mids in keep defense, is that going to break the hib zerg. There seem to be so many casters in the zerg who are there for the easy rps and collect either using stun nuke or assisting someone with. If that all goes away and things get competitive, does siege warefare die? If that would break the hib zerg in current form, if stun still worked as is but was more available on other realms as well, would that keep you rvring?

    The zergers in hero bg zerg always. You can take away their stun, and they will still zerg. Maybe 2 of them will leave, thats it.
  • edited August 16 PM
    Dale_Perf wrote: »
    Since we're beefing up Stormlord, can we look at stormlord classes?

    Alb : Cabby, Necro, Sorc, Wizard, Thurgist
    Hib : Animist, Bainshee, Eldritch, Enchanter, Nightshade, Mentalist, Valewalker
    Mid : Runemaster, Spiritmaster, Thane, Valkyrie

    Alb x5, Hib x7, and Mid x4. Can we adjust this? Seems like it's going to benefit hib more than anybody, again.

    Maybe it is a good idea to take away stormlord from nightshade,
    bec. nightshades can climb and does it make sense now to have a stormlord which can climb and push away all storms?
    Post edited by Kroko on
  • edited August 16 PM
    I have to say well done Broadsword, Stormlord changes were a good idea.

    I am not sure its is enough without an immunity after feedback because there is more than 1 stun class /face but its a great start I hope its enough.
    Post edited by Stoopiduser on
  • Dale_Perf wrote: »
    Since we're beefing up Stormlord, can we look at stormlord classes?

    Alb : Cabby, Necro, Sorc, Wizard, Thurgist
    Hib : Animist, Bainshee, Eldritch, Enchanter, Nightshade, Mentalist, Valewalker
    Mid : Runemaster, Spiritmaster, Thane, Valkyrie

    Alb x5, Hib x7, and Mid x4. Can we adjust this? Seems like it's going to benefit hib more than anybody, again.

    Necro doesn't get to go Stormlord. Warlord or Convoker for Necros.
  • On that list you could change warlock to stormlord/banelord but its not like stormlord is the best option ever. Some classes would be upset if you changed them (any pet class with convoker for instance)

    I dont get the vamp claw change either. Could revert powertap to not in combat or reduce dementia magic resists some. The class has issues already.
  • Dale_Perf wrote: »
    Since we're beefing up Stormlord, can we look at stormlord classes?

    Alb : Cabby, Necro, Sorc, Wizard, Thurgist
    Hib : Animist, Bainshee, Eldritch, Enchanter, Nightshade, Mentalist, Valewalker
    Mid : Runemaster, Spiritmaster, Thane, Valkyrie

    Alb x5, Hib x7, and Mid x4. Can we adjust this? Seems like it's going to benefit hib more than anybody, again.

    Necro doesn't get to go Stormlord. Warlord or Convoker for Necros.

    The funniest part about that comment is that i used the official resource to double check:

    https://www.darkageofcamelot.com/content/master-levels-class-options

    @Carol_Broadsword
    "...the best thing to do if you disagree (or agree) isn't to ask us why (which is rhetorical)...." -John_Broadsword
    "the patch [1.127] is later this year" -Carol_Broadsword, aka "constable paddy biehbien of the **** local community Enforcement force "
    send a message with your wallet
  • I have seen that many people wants to change casted stun on hib classes due to it being powerful at keep sieges (when hib is the attacking force).

    If the problem is only an issue at keep sieges why not make the keep lord of each keep have an aura which grant the members of the keep lords realm, maybe also NPC guards, determination 9 to shorten the duration of all cc spells.

    The tower lords could have a similar effect but with determination 4 or 5.

    This would not effect the open world squirmishes, but it would make it harder to capture keeps and towers to a certain degree, for all realms.

    I do not play DAoC myself at this point so I am not well informed regarding the meta on Ywain, this was just a thought that struck me while reading through the forum.
  • Jorma wrote: »
    I have seen that many people wants to change casted stun on hib classes due to it being powerful at keep sieges (when hib is the attacking force).

    If the problem is only an issue at keep sieges why not make the keep lord of each keep have an aura which grant the members of the keep lords realm, maybe also NPC guards, determination 9 to shorten the duration of all cc spells.

    The tower lords could have a similar effect but with determination 4 or 5.

    This would not effect the open world squirmishes, but it would make it harder to capture keeps and towers to a certain degree, for all realms.

    I do not play DAoC myself at this point so I am not well informed regarding the meta on Ywain, this was just a thought that struck me while reading through the forum.

    If you are only wanting to reduce the duration of stuns, having a keep/tower lord offering determination would also affect all casted cc's. All roots and mezzes would be reduced along with casted stuns.
  • Daelin wrote: »
    If you are only wanting to reduce the duration of stuns, having a keep/tower lord offering determination would also affect all casted cc's. All roots and mezzes would be reduced along with casted stuns.

    Yes, as I said:
    Jorma wrote: »
    ...to shorten the duration of all cc spells.

    It would effect all realms CC capabilities as an attacking force at a keep siege.

    If the complaints regarding hibs abundance of stun nuke nuke are true, the hibs would feel this change the most.
    If the complaints are untrue all realms would feel the change equally.

    No need to redesign characters this way and easy to remove if it doesn't work as intended.
  • Daelin wrote: »
    One question we should be asking is what is the cooldown on the Stormlord Stun Feedback? When a stun is casted on a player inside the storm and has a stun feedback, how long before another stun feedback occurs?

    Any Clarification @Carol_Broadsword please?

    Also, with the feedback does it provide immunity or can two people assist stun so one of them lands?
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus
Sign In or Register to comment.