1.127 Pendragon Test-Server Patch Notes

Comments

• Maybe a 10/20/30 % debuff, instead of 50%.
  • The new Stable Master in TNN blinks off and on too much.
  • KoeKoe
    edited August 2020 PM
    Kroko wrote: »
    Bainshees are rarely played in rvr, maybe thats why they get buffed.

Just because hib casters are incredibly strong doesn't mean we need to buff the least played version, especially when it opens up so much more disparity between the 3 realms.

ES bains are already super powerful for keep/zerg defense (where hib is strongest). Now they will 50% debuff for baseline and animists? People already can't survive vs anis even with st heals. That 2k 400 radius 75% ns can lock a wall or large section of an open field fight. AOE dq debuff on a 7 sec timer (no immunity remember)? Pet fears make SM's/BD's/Cabs near worthless. Plus aoe root of some kind and demez or you can go up to 45 es for uber bomb spec aoe bolt +179delve aoes. Still waiting for any other realm to get either of those delves on any char. That one hib class has both below 46 to spec.

At first I was puzzled at again why mids were getting hosed. RM vs wiz/bain got the negligible bolt increase (bolting enemies on mid is silly, as both hibs/albs get 200~ additional af (chanter/Pally) so your bolts hit for generally less than your dd's. But hey mids get 25 extra af if they run a SM so its fair?) Then I thought maybe its because they originally played around with giving RC RM a spec line 9 sec stun, which didn't make it to pendragon. I guess, how exactly does this make someone want to play a RM? I can see the draw to playing a wiz. Could be ruthless open field or keep defense with some fire wiz/tics in group. Bain? Same. Animists were nearly unbeatable if played well alnd just became god mode; nobody's going to beat hib groups anymore. Even the bain can get 50 comp to its 223 baseline delve with nominal realm rank and the 50 debuff and will hit harder than some main damage toons on mid/alb.

The rich getting richer.

Housing stuff looks spectacular though, but again that's small consolation for the realm that cant compete in RVR.
    Post edited by Koe on
  • Have not tried it yet, but it seems to me targeting a door in keeps where the ram has to dropped on the side might be impossible.
  • edited August 2020 PM
    puter wrote: »
    DaRedANT wrote: »
    The body debuff is not in the same line. You can only %50 debuff your own baseline damage, not spec damage. Similar to wizzie, eldy, runie, etc

That was the point.. Base 223DD nuke debuffed for 50% will cap the damage 48 ES and 24 +11 items +RR

Banshee 223 x 3 @ 2.8spd = 669 cap without crits or to be fair 238.93 DPS
    Wizard, RM, Enchanter 179 x 3 @ 2.6 = 537 cap without crits 206.54 DPS

There will be almost no variance with 24+11+RR5 +DDC or Comp pots

About 15% More damage than a Wizard that is debuffing his/her own damage..

Even a blind horse finds water sometimes...

I'd like to think this was an oversight on Broadsword's part but considering some of the previous patches...let's hope enough players voice their concern on how bad of an idea it is. While Bainshees can already hit this hard, they need a Void Eldritch to debuff for them which doesn't fit well into most group compositions. This change would remove the need for a second player / class to coordinate a debuff AND allow the debuffer to nuke just as hard as those assisting. Furthermore, the fact that the debuff was put into an already high utility line (Ethereal Shriek) makes it VERY viable in a modern group composition. If the debuff goes through, then the baseline DD delve needs to be lowered to 179. Otherwise, there'll be a lot of QQ about the "better players" exploiting this OP opportunity.

I don’t see how a Body debuff works on Hib except for Bainshees, and Enchantment Chanters. Hib is not gonna run Body trains. The change is just to make Bains a little more viable. More Bains = less chanter/eldy/ment = less stun nuke nuke ?

Post edited by DaRedANT on
    Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters
  • DaRedANT wrote: »
    I don’t see how a Body debuff works on Hib except for Bainshees, and Enchantment Chanters. Hib is not gonna run Body trains. The change is just to make Bains a little more viable. More Bains = less chanter/eldy/ment = less stun nuke nuke ?

This made me laugh. Yeah, eld/chanter groups will still be more powerful than their alb/mid counterparts, but now you can do bain/ani as well! Hilarioius how you *forgot* about animists.

Actually with this setup all you need for a certifiable body train on hib is 1 animist (so many groups already have) and 1 bain (already a great option). So now you can easily debuff for your roots and DQ debuffs as well. Once a target is rooted, you load up on bombers and debuff+dd and its about the same dps in 3-4 seconds as a 4 toon eld/chanter setup with just 2 toons. Though lets be honest, adding a enhance chanter to that mix is not a bad use of a 3rd caster.
  • Brut wrote: »
    Totally underwhelming patch does absolutely nothing to address the utility on alb and absolutely nothing for alb melee another necro nerf and the continuous policy of broadsword turning the game into hibgard a 2 realm game
    Not impressed

Some day Brut you'll get your wish it's just Bainshee's need something as no one players this class on hib lol.
  • edited August 2020 PM
    Koe wrote: »
    ES bains are already super powerful for keep/zerg defense (where hib is strongest). Now they will 50% debuff for baseline and animists? People already can't survive vs anis even with st heals. That 2k 400 radius 75% ns can lock a wall or large section of an open field fight. AOE dq debuff on a 7 sec timer (no immunity remember)? Pet fears make SM's/BD's/Cabs near worthless. Plus aoe root of some kind and demez or you can go up to 45 es for uber bomb spec aoe bolt +179delve aoes. Still waiting for any other realm to get either of those delves on any char. That one hib class has both below 46 to spec.

Yea they are so powerful, hibs just forgot to play them.

Numbers prove you wrong....they have the least rps class wise.
    Post edited by Kroko on
  • I dont say they need to be buffed. I just tried to explain the reason.
  • In a situation where hib is dominant, it doesnt make alot of sense to buff hib classes.
    So I would prefer to leave bainshee as it is.
  • Honestly, I see no reason why Earth Wizards shouldn't get a Matter debuff if the Body debuff goes through as is for Bainshees. There's more viable group compositions with a Matter train than a Heat train if Wizards get a Matter debuff.
  • edited August 2020 PM

This made me laugh. Yeah, eld/chanter groups will still be more powerful than their alb/mid counterparts, but now you can do bain/ani as well! Hilarioius how you *forgot* about animists.

Actually with this setup all you need for a certifiable body train on hib is 1 animist (so many groups already have) and 1 bain (already a great option). So now you can easily debuff for your roots and DQ debuffs as well. Once a target is rooted, you load up on bombers and debuff+dd and its about the same dps in 3-4 seconds as a 4 toon eld/chanter setup with just 2 toons. Though lets be honest, adding a enhance chanter to that mix is not a bad use of a 3rd caster.

Yeah I forget the bombers are Body. My animist is Verdant, so Matter, plus Energy Lifetap. So wow, Hibs can have Bains debuff for Animists, big deal. Still no stun nuke nuke.
    Post edited by DaRedANT on
  • DaRedANT wrote: »

Yeah I forget the bombers are Body. My animist is Verdant, so Matter, plus Energy Lifetap. So wow, Hibs can have Bains debuff for Animists, big deal. Still no stun nuke nuke.

Enchantment Enchanter DD is also Body.
  • is there anyone else who thinks it is not a good idea that hibernia will have 2 classes who can debuff their own damage for 50 %, albs will have one class that can debuff their own damage for 50 % and midgard will still have none ?
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • edited August 2020 PM
    Muylae wrote: »
    is there anyone else who thinks it is not a good idea that hibernia will have 2 classes who can debuff their own damage for 50 %, albs will have one class that can debuff their own damage for 50 % and midgard will still have none ?

Dark sm's get 50% spirit debuff and baseline spirit nuke, and rc rm's get 50% cold debuff and baseline cold nuke
    Post edited by Armarnidi on
  • Armarnidi wrote: »
    Muylae wrote: »
    is there anyone else who thinks it is not a good idea that hibernia will have 2 classes who can debuff their own damage for 50 %, albs will have one class that can debuff their own damage for 50 % and midgard will still have none ?

Dark sm's get 50% spirit debuff and baseline spirit nuke, and rc rm's get 50% cold debuff and baseline cold nuke

oh, nevermind then. it shows that i have never played either of those classes.
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • Also Wizards now get a heat debuff with a base line heat nuke and Sorcs get a matter debuff with a baseline matter nuke.
  • edited August 2020 PM
    I don't see why Bainshee's need the debuff at all. Wizards can keep it.

Pleazing wrote: »
    I'm disappointed that BD didn't get anything good. Every caster in the game gets to debuff their own damage in some way. The body debuff we do get is worthless. Our pets are mediocre still. The fact banshees get to debuff their damage now is insane. I'd like to have more options with my class then solo using suppression. If anything we should have a pet that debuffs cold. And some higher end pets in bone.

If we're never going to fix pet pathing, some kind of debuff useful for the class would be nice. A 30%/50% matter debuff would be unique allowing a BD to debuff for their own baseline DoT. Not sure I would put it in the BA line (stacked dots w/ 50% debuff lol).
    Post edited by Dale_Perf on
    "...the best thing to do if you disagree (or agree) isn't to ask us why (which is rhetorical)...." -John_Broadsword
    "the patch [1.127] is later this year" -Carol_Broadsword, aka "constable paddy biehbien of the **** local community Enforcement force "
    send a message with your wallet
  • edited August 2020 PM
    So the truth is: albs and mids will have 2 classes that can debuff their own dmg, and hibs only 1. Interesting...
    (if bainshee is not given the debuff)
    Post edited by Kroko on
  • Kroko wrote: »
    So the truth is: albs and mids will have 2 classes that can debuff their own dmg, and hibs only 1. Interesting...
    (if bainshee is not given the debuff)

Nope. Void Eldy can debuff and use Energy, and Mana Chanter can debuff and use Heat.

• Ok, but Caba can also debuff and use Body.
  • edited August 2020 PM
    SM : spirit
    RM : cold
    Chanter : heat
    Eld : energy
    Cabby : body
    Sorc : matter

Pending:
    Bainshee : body
    Wiz : heat

There you go. Would make it 3 alb, 3 hib and 2 mid. I already see @Koe flying in with his "mid is getting screwed" comments.

Buffing BDs so that they have more options to solo with isn't a good idea. You can spec differently than supp and probably do well, it's just that Supp is a great spec.
    Post edited by Shoke on
  • BDs can debuff body for LT so they technically have 3
  • If BD wants to skill 50% body debuff, they have no body baseline nuke to use. So it doesnt really count.

But I agree that BDs doesnt need more strength in solo play. Give him something useful for groups.
  • Warlock has a Matter debuff in Hexing.
  • @Kroko BDs dont need anything aside from a pet pathing fix
  • edited August 2020 PM
    Second the pet pathing issues. I don't recall a time that my pet did more random pathing in PvE mind you than current. RvR has gotten better but around keeps and bridges...yikes.
    Post edited by Kymatius on
  • puter wrote: »
    Warlock has a Matter debuff in Hexing.

and warlock baseline nuke used to be matter but they changed that, so hex warlocks can't matter debuff and use their baseline matter nuke anymore... another nerf that seems to have gone unnoticed.
  • The real question we should be asking is why don't they open Catacombs back up? Disable aurulite and carry on, nobody is asking for a revamp. I have ran into several returning players complaining about it being disabled and them having to xp elsewhere.
  • Muylae wrote: »
    puter wrote: »
    Warlock has a Matter debuff in Hexing.

and warlock baseline nuke used to be matter but they changed that, so hex warlocks can't matter debuff and use their baseline matter nuke anymore... another nerf that seems to have gone unnoticed.

Aye. I personally think it should be swapped back to Matter. Damage types are all over the board atm compared to what they used to be pre-Broadsword.
  • Not sure if this is intended or a bug, but my scout was not able to equip a weapon in the 2 handed slot. I don' t know if this applies to other classes.
  • What weapon are you trying to equip? Are you level 50? Are you cl3+?
  • Kroko wrote: »

Yea they are so powerful, hibs just forgot to play them.

Numbers prove you wrong....they have the least rps class wise.

Or you forgot to read my post: Just because hib casters are incredibly strong doesn't mean we need to buff the least played version, especially when it opens up so much more disparity between the 3 realms.

Based on your logic elds, ments, chanters and animists could have 2 minute mez, 2 minute root, 1 minute stun, 500 delve 2000 radius pbaoe with a UI with no changes to albs and mids and your argument would be that bains need a buff to these ludicrous levels because nobody on hib is playing them.

When in fact this change not only over buffs ANOTHER hib class, but it makes one of the most powerful class (animists) in keep siege/zerg even more powerful.
  • KoeKoe
    edited August 2020 PM
    BDs can debuff body for LT so they technically have 3

Isn't their LT on a 8 second timer and if you spec that line you get 10% body debuff? That's so much much less useful than just having baseline LT like animists, vw's, cab's and sorcs do. They should switch the baseline spirit debuff with a normal baseline lt and make the instant a dot or spirit dd. It's also less usefull than your normal dd that comes with a 10% debuff.

Also don't void eldy's have the ability to debuff damage now?
    Post edited by Koe on
  • Still don't see the purpose for buffing Hib casters. They already have the best current tank train (hib tank train can run 3+ BG's much more efficiently and more class synergy), and the second best caster train behind Alb.
    "...the best thing to do if you disagree (or agree) isn't to ask us why (which is rhetorical)...." -John_Broadsword
    "the patch [1.127] is later this year" -Carol_Broadsword, aka "constable paddy biehbien of the **** local community Enforcement force "
  • Anyone else notice that Hero has stopped taking relics and it all looks fair and equitable now? Just don't forget hibs can and will camp 4-6 relics with ease again after the class balance patch and they don't have to pretend to have parity.
  • edited August 2020 PM
    Just tested Archery - so at below 45 Archery damage is reduced 25% but archers get a 25% damage buff for 30 minutes. What is the intent of broadsword with this? Are you trying to open up the options for more specs?

I took it as an overall Archer nerf which will in turn effects Rangers + Melee spec'd Hunters worse then a Scout (typical) specs.

It's a very slippery slope tbh, what's next all Sins take a -25% melee dps nerf
    Post edited by Fateboi on
  • Fateboi wrote: »
    Just tested Archery - so at below 45 Archery damage is reduced 25% but archers get a 25% damage buff for 30 minutes. What is the intent of broadsword with this? Are you trying to open up the options for more specs?

I took it as an overall Archer nerf which will in turn effects Rangers + Melee spec'd Hunters worse then a Scout (typical) specs.

It's a very slippery slope tbh, what's next all Sins take a -25% melee dps nerf

let's stop trying to drag this pointless argument on any longer. My ranger in Molvik will 2 shot casters on the regs... Once this change is implemented I guarantee everyone will forget about trying to argue against it. Archers will learn to cast 1 more buff when they log in, yeesh
  • edited August 2020 PM
    Armagedden wrote: »
    let's stop trying to drag this pointless argument on any longer. My ranger in Molvik will 2 shot casters on the regs... Once this change is implemented I guarantee everyone will forget about trying to argue against it. Archers will learn to cast 1 more buff when they log in, yeesh

The dmg in RvR with lvl 50 is total different as in Molvik..
    All the casters you find, will kill you in seconds if they have MOC ready.. If you lucky you hit him with Crit vor 500...
    Dont know were you all getting this dmg you told.. My 11L6 Hunter is really hard nerfed, speardmg is worthless..
    Years ago i hit min 500-600 with Backstylestun.. in aktuelly happy when im hitting vor 300...
    Some Caster/Tanks, mostly hibs, have so many absorbs and other shits that you will see you hit blabla vor 0 (-400) .. and i dont talk about "bubble" Chars..
    But the caster hit you on full resis 600 + dmg all 0,8sec.... They kill you faster with 6 cast as you havnt shot 2 arrows..

Post edited by Berserkus on
  • Berserkus wrote: »
    Armagedden wrote: »

The dmg in RvR with lvl 50 is total different as in Molvik..
    All the casters you find, will kill you in seconds if they have MOC ready.. If you lucky you hit him with Crit vor 500...
    Dont know were you all getting this dmg you told.. My 11L6 Hunter is really hard nerfed, speardmg is worthless..
    Years ago i hit min 500-600 with Backstylestun.. in aktuelly happy when im hitting vor 300...
    Some Caster/Tanks, mostly hibs, have so many absorbs and other **** that you will see you hit blabla vor 0 (-400) .. and i dont talk about "bubble" Chars..
    But the caster hit you on full resis 600 + dmg all 0,8sec.... They kill you faster with 6 cast as you havnt shot 2 arrows..

Hence the point of the change. It only punishes archers below level 45.
  • I wanted to try the new horse stable but the NPC kept blinking off.
  • Yet another patch where Hib gets even more overpowered. Is anyone looking at realm balance and how out of whack hib is with regards to the other two realms?

For example 9 sec melee stun (aka slam nerf) was done ages ago due to hybrids being able to kill people easily in the stun duration.

Yet here we are another patch where hib 9 sec stun on list casters gets overlooked.. This is even with increased dex caps and cast speeds allowing easy kills within the 9 sec window..

Unbelievable..
  • Superlaws wrote: »
    Yet another patch where Hib gets even more overpowered. Is anyone looking at realm balance and how out of whack hib is with regards to the other two realms?

For example 9 sec melee stun (aka slam nerf) was done ages ago due to hybrids being able to kill people easily in the stun duration.

Yet here we are another patch where hib 9 sec stun on list casters gets overlooked.. This is even with increased dex caps and cast speeds allowing easy kills within the 9 sec window..

Unbelievable..

400+ patches and not one nerf to 9 sec caster stun, hmmm, I wonder why.......................................................................................
  • I wonder if the people complaining about caster stun are new to the game? Most of us who have played since 2002/2003 accept this is part of the game and have adapted. It's part of what make the 3 realms unique. Just like you have to adapt to Theurgists and mid AOE stun. It's not been nerfed in 18 years so why would it be nerfed now? There are more important issues to be resolved in a game rather than something that is woven into the fabric of Hibernian casters.
  • edited August 2020 PM
    9 second castable stun on a list caster has and always will be bad game design. No one likes to be stunned and killed with no way of responding, which is why it was nerfed on hybrids. I think a nerf to the duration of the stun is long overdue to put it in line with current slam duration. That and most hib casters get root now so it’s a moot point.

Also one final thing, 9 sec stun was never woven into the fabric of hib casters, it was given because the realm was underplayed. Which is not the case anymore.

I understand that nerfing the duration will require a bit more skill and co-ordination to get kills, but especially in keep takes it gives the other realms the chance to survive a single caster stun debuff nuke cycle and break los. Which may mean more defenders and more action in the future.
    Post edited by Superlaws on
  • Stun nuke nuke has been in the game since day one it’s not a problem the problem on alb is utility compared to the other realms I don’t want any realm nerfed I want alb to have the same utility as the other realms.
    The reason we have this problem is because successive patches have introduced stuff that has unbalanced the realms with a high population it’s not a problem with a low pop you can see it.
    Albs asked for more utility to set up groups and some help for melee groups on alb this patch delivers nothing.
    A nerf to necros and a debuff for a matter wizard is what we got very underwhelming patch if you think the pop will improve with this kind of thinking your in cloud cuckoo land.
    I serious have doubts about who is advising broadsword your driving this game into the ground.
    The evolution of DAoC hibgard is very much in full swing rip Albion.
  • When hib was the underpopulated realm Stun helped then defend and attack, it is a huge problem now they have numbers in keep sieges. I have said it before and I will say it again.

Something NEEDS to be done to stop Hibs pinning Mids/Albs in keeps without ANY chance to even defend against them without atleast 60% of the numbers.

Now catapults dont even interrupt we cant even hit the healers on the out side long enough to kill the 6+ heavy tanks running around in the courtyard so not only can we not even get on the walls we cant kill the tanks inside the keep.

Mids wont even defend and albs have like 8-16 people defending against 60 Hibs because its NO FUN.

Hib stun can be interrupted in open field and is not a problem so much. It is the keep sieges where casauls (NEW PEOPLE) play and if its no fun then they wont stay.
  • Brut, you ask for more utility and for some help for melee groups but you never suggest anything that could be viable. Why not, instead of constantly complaining, suggest something to pitch to BS?
  • Murder of Crows on Pendragon is bugged, if you shift right click to remove from buff bar to cancel it recasts. If you spam this can get a huge mass of crows. Should fix before it goes live and lags out server.
  • The issue with Alb tank trains are not easily fixed, Hib and Mid have so much utility locked up on the Bard and Healer respectively. Also healing and CC meshes incredibly well.

Without giving a heal line to minstrels and buffing their Cc Basically making them a ghetto bard or doing something with paladins healing and buffing minstrel cc but I can’t see how it can be made to work on alb without major upheaval.

Sorc and Friar really do not stack well in these types of group setups either vs optimum setups other realms can field.