1.127 Pendragon Test-Server Patch Notes

The Pendragon test server is now open for testing!

Please hop on and test our latest changes and leave us your detailed feedback! Our live launch of patch 1.127 is just around the corner and the more testing and feedback we receive the better it will be!

Important Note:
We highly suggest duplicating your game directory and using the duplicate copy as a Pendragon-only game directory *before* patching and testing on Pendragon.

For those interested in testing on Pendragon, follow the character copy process here!

Click here to read the full notes on the DAoC Herald!
DAoC Community Lead
Broadsword Online Games
Tagged:

Comments

• Is this now true or a joke? im not sure...
  • edited July 2020 PM
    Overall the patch looks nice (like the QoL, pbae nerf, wizard heat debuffs).

Why no Mid love on the debuffs though? Alb + Hib get an extra debuffer now, is that supposed to compare to the Bonedancers Body debuff, considering no mid caster has a body DD? Or the Warlocks matter debuff, so they can debuff for all the Warlock trains running around? If bainshee's can now debuff their own baseline 223 delve DD, shouldn't Warlocks or Bonedancers get something?

At least letting a BD debuff his OWN casted DD dmg type (not his pets, lol), might bring them back to some relevance. I didn't think the debuffs needed to be touched though, outside of Wizard heat debuff.

Post edited by Dale_Perf on
    "...the best thing to do if you disagree (or agree) isn't to ask us why (which is rhetorical)...." -John_Broadsword
    "the patch [1.127] is later this year" -Carol_Broadsword, aka "constable paddy biehbien of the **** local community Enforcement force "
    send a message with your wallet
  • all in all I'm quite happy and excited for the changes and hopefully that will bring in some more ec players and get some to now sub. I like the idea of getting some free myth for being subbed and the xp boost for ec players being great with subbed players around there lvl was not a bad idea and now makes it so we don't have to cry ourselves to sleep trying to lv l with ec players lol. Let's see how this goes
  • edited July 2020 PM
    awhile back i suggest that subbed accounts get a discount on mithril shops but the free mithril is just as good! nice job!

Just tested Archery - so at below 45 Archery damage is reduced 25% but archers get a 25% damage buff for 30 minutes. What is the intent of broadsword with this? Are you trying to open up the options for more specs?

@Carol_Broadsword @John_Broadsword Can you explain?
    Post edited by Sepphiroth75 on
  • Def good patch for numerous reasons.
  • Good start!
  • looooool bainshees hitting for 740~ dmg now at RR1 on pendragon
    "...the best thing to do if you disagree (or agree) isn't to ask us why (which is rhetorical)...." -John_Broadsword
    "the patch [1.127] is later this year" -Carol_Broadsword, aka "constable paddy biehbien of the **** local community Enforcement force "
  • edited July 2020 PM
    People just realized bainshees had a 223 baseline nuke
    Post edited by Shoke on
  • Not enough nerf to necros... got rid of spec MoC but still have 100% disease debuff for melee hits in deathsight form and can still freely switch forms during combat or any time for extra stealth lore...Necros still immortal...

Wizard love much needed.

Warlock curse spec still makes me "lol"

Soloer's Moy/Folley/Trelle buff still shearable by vamp shear... (I've had this sheared from BM styles or vamps, unless it's a completely different bug altogether and randomly drops)

Also, no Vamp nerf (conversion is a plague on this game)

@Sepphiroth75 the archery nerf has everything to do with archers 3 shotting casters in Molvik. I think it's fair

Everything else seems great and well needed. Overall I give this patch a C+ rating... Took so long for so many quick QoL changes

• Bainshee will be Op .
  • I'll post this here as well as send in feedback but I am concerned with the new GT system. Don't get me wrong I LOVE it but I can foresee issues when in crowded spaces such a towers/lord rooms when there are a ton of people and you cant get a LOS to the ground. Is there a way to allow the targeting of a person to set a GT? Otherwise in those situations without pre-setting your GT as a defender you are screwed and the attacking force will have it worse when charging into a lord room/tower.

But using it on Pend is great and will help in so many ways. Just a small tweak could be incredibly helpful.
  • Bainshee body debuff needs to be removed from the patch.
  • edited July 2020 PM
    [removed]
    Post edited by Carol_Broadsword on
  • edited July 2020 PM
    Oh sweet. Gonna mess around on Pendragon tonight.

You gonna make a bug thread? Or just message ya the issues I find.

@Carol_Broadsword
    Post edited by DaRedANT on
    Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters
  • edited July 2020 PM
    I could have sworn @John_Broadsword said this patch would bring changes to Heavies. No Heavy tank love =(
    Post edited by Kymatius on
  • Agreed with above. Necro and Vamp still need to be adjusted more
  • Bainshees are rarely played in rvr, maybe thats why they get buffed.

Vamps are good as they are, not op.
  • I don’t know which vamps you’re fighting. Fully loaded claw spam is ridiculous
  • If you win a fight just with claw spaming, your enemy is really bad.

With which classes you fight vamps?
  • Good point on the GT. Hard to click a spot when there are so many people around. That may be a prob.
  • Interesting patch
  • So no armsmen set STILL wont proc ?
  • edited July 2020 PM
    Kroko wrote: »
    If you win a fight just with claw spaming, your enemy is really bad.

With which classes you fight vamps?

any class without BM (powerleak) will get chewed up and spit out vs any vamp that has an IQ above 70. If you struggle as a vamp, you might be on the other side of that number...

Edit: So ya, my point being... there is one counter in the game for 1v1 against a vamp except an ML path that's only available to certain melee and then again it only works sometimes... other times you can powerleak indefinitely and still get casted on by vamp indefinitely...

P.S. I hate the Karen argument of "not all classes should be able to beat all classes 1v1, this isn't a 1v1 game" well if this thought crosses anyone's mind as a valid argument then shoot yourself. Mauler can't be killed either if he is spec'd for "solo", but at least their counter is you can kite them and never engage them.... Ever tried to kite a vamp? rest my case
    Post edited by Armagedden on
  • DaRedANT wrote: »
    Oh sweet. Gonna mess around on Pendragon tonight.

You gonna make a bug thread? Or just message ya the issues I find.

@Carol_Broadsword

Post in this thread will do, or MSG me if you prefer @DaRedANT and anyone who comes across any issues :) Thanks all!
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • edited July 2020 PM
    Bug 1
    Player Market Search - Item Abilities -
    Options in the drop down window are cut-off.
    “Arrogance (Invocatio”
    “Attack Speed Decrea”
    “Chained Direct Dama”
    “Comprehension Boo”
    “Decrease Casting Sp”
    “Damage W/Resist Decre”

There’s more, I won’t list them all.
    Post edited by DaRedANT on
  • Armagedden wrote: »
    any class without BM (powerleak) will get chewed up and spit out vs any vamp that has an IQ above 70. If you struggle as a vamp, you might be on the other side of that number...

My vamp is rr6 and i lost to skalds, sbs, zerker, mercs and so on, with higher rr.

I think your exageration is just not helpful, and not valid, bec. you didnt play a vamp recently. Maybe they got nerfed AFTER you played them? Who knows.

I think vamp is pretty fair...I loose a lot but I also win alot...its 50/50...at rr6.

And yea, vamp is a solo class, so it has to be good regarding solo, otherwise you can just delete it.
    But I guess your argument will be...."vamp is only right, when I can kill it! When I can kill every class, then game is in good position!"
  • Let's try keep this thread to the patch please :)
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • Kroko wrote: »

But I guess your argument will be...."vamp is only right, when I can kill it! When I can kill every class, then game is in good position!"

I suppose this ultimately is my gripe...
  • I'm disappointed that BD didn't get anything good. Every caster in the game gets to debuff their own damage in some way. The body debuff we do get is worthless. Our pets are mediocre still. The fact banshees get to debuff their damage now is insane. I'd like to have more options with my class then solo using suppression. If anything we should have a pet that debuffs cold. And some higher end pets in bone.
    Asatruar - Ronnie 10 "
    Corpseshovel - Oldstanky - Nogvi

The reason people hate to PvP is they are afraid of failure
  • i don't understand why warlocks have the worst bolts and pbaoe delve in the game from all the bolt and pbaoe classes.
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • Because the other classes don't get both in the same line
  • Because the other classes don't get both in the same line

i'm not sure that is a good reason. almost every class has combinations of spells in specs not found on other classes.

Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • I wouldn't say it's the only reason, but I would definitely say it's a factor.
  • They should nerf bainshee baseline dmg to be more in line with the wizard and Chanter down to 179
  • edited July 2020 PM
    @Carol_Broadsword maybe just me, but I was unable to find the eagle eye buff for archery. I did a full skill and realm respec and it is not showing up anywhere.
    Post edited by Armarnidi on
  • Nerfing catapults even interupting and still not doing anything about Hibs stun pining Mids and Hibs in keep?

Making other non-stuning Hib clases OP'd with silly 50% body debuff on a 223 DD base nuke (WTF!?) doesnt hide the problem.
  • //Horse
    1) what about horses won from crates or trifecta?
    //Housing
    2)You should add the caracter "!!!" in front of every item who has not 100% charge, for example on alb someone is selling suprem pot with 1 charge for 10pp, you need a system to detect that.
    3)You should add the caracter "%" in front of every item who has not 100% Con or Durability, for example on alb someone is selling Cursed staff with 0% durability and 100% con.
    4)You should add the caracter "!!!" in front of every item and specially rog item who has Bonus level greater than 51 (and not working)
    5)You should add the caracter "!!!" in front of every item that are designed for other ream than the one where your are from. for example item with "Realm:Hibernia" when you are on alb is clearly a bugged item and should be listed with different color orwith indication of this problem.

6)You should make color associated with price, for example 1 pp = orange, 10pp = red, 100 pp = pink. There is some scam with price display, for example nereid pot for 20g 20g 20g 20pp 20g 20g, this type of scam is huge furstration for new player.
    7)You should make every housing merchant able to accept buy "sellable item", because they are by definition merchant. so if my inventory is full instead of losing time to drop trash item, i can sell faster with the key shortcut "Sell"
    8)Every Housing merchant should accept the word "entrance" that would make instant port to the entrance of the housing. imagine a noob EC account who dont know how worlks ticked merchant, he cant go inside any house and will lose time walking.
    9)Every npc in housing should pop instantly and not after 5 seconds, it s very annoying. there is not such problem during the first port (hard port) but always with soft port. i need more time for waiting the npc than hard porting.
    10)Every npc in housing are blinking when a zerg is fighting, making craft very dificult
    11)Listmerchant is absolutly retardly buged, it needs a deep inspection, some items disapear from housing search system, is it from player/rog system/dev i dont know, but it happens
    12)Rog name form house explorer and real name in housing merchant can be different, it happens when 2 stats of same type has the same value for example 10%heat 10% crush, the name would varry depending of the randomisation
    13) Every decoration should not block movement in housing , Verry annoying when you /houseface and you are stuck every 10 feet from ugly object that no one care
    14) The command /HouseFace should be smarter and take in consideration the Real map of where you are, for example /houseface 10 When you are on the wrong map (not on meath zone) wont work. some house are in the limit of the map and for lazy people (like me)who alt tab... its annoying
    15) A command that port us directly in front of the house would be admirable xD, like /porthouse 3201 and we are front of the house xD, maybe /port house [housenumber] [Ywainnumber]
    16) Token ML, Speed of the hunt, horses from crate/trifecta should be sellable in the housing merchant

//Siege
    17) Ram needs to move with ground target or it's impossible to set them properly. Thats just prove you know nothing ot the game. 70% of the player cant set a ram working on inside door. 99% cant set a ram in molvik without ground target. BTW one person in ram, limits the purpose (and the fun) of oil .
    18)Catapult should interupt, it s commun sense. The camera fix that you proposed may solve the exploit of some people . Just wait ...
    19) i challenge John broadsword to record him setting ram in molvik with this new ram system XD

//RVR
    Need to unerf heal mana cost, good start would be to remove mana cost from BT on wardens.
    Need to nerf mana regen form 5L shaman/ Skald/ Warlock heal or unerf heal mana for other realm, no way they got unlimited heal
    Need to restore mana regen values from every item Pre BS which where designed for healer only ( Torso dragon, eternal plant)
    Enchant heal boost should be restored to 25% because every healer will have the cusred 10% heal boost, the spell with short duration from chant in spec chant is useless.

You cant give catser 127 dext 127 acuity, 10% damage cloak, comp pot, pbae boost and nerf healer at the same times with the mana regen. The tanks/hybrid tanks in every BG are completly useless inside strucure fights because healer are oom after 10 heal grp which represent 1 minute, and 10 is when you are not mana drain from trap or ml .

People in general sucks at heal, now they are using the baseling heal grp and if you think i m trolling, just analyse your logs ..BS .

OFC i m talkin about zerg / pug fighter I know you will tell me to use single heals blablabla blabla....

Healing is boring, people that play them should be rewarded more , theyr the base of any pug if you nerf the healers you nerf your entire casual population.

Also the disease on shaman dot is stupid, have you ever player healer class, BS? already the uncurable NS from merc or the uncurable disease from shaman are annoying

PS :smile:
    Dont ban me when i use catapults
    Dont ban me when i use overshadow

• @fauffifonfec
    Do you play in hero bg?
  • Mana costs for heals are fine, it is not meant that you can spam spread heal all day long.
    In open field, use single target heals, much better.
    If healing is boring for you, dont play a healer.
  • Making other non-stuning Hib clases OP'd with silly 50% body debuff on a 223 DD base nuke (WTF!?) doesnt hide the problem.

The body debuff is not in the same line. You can only %50 debuff your own baseline damage, not spec damage. Similar to wizzie, eldy, runie, etc

• @fauffifonfec great points on housing... I hope they respond to that. Kinda lost me with the RvR/zerg stuff. Not my place can't argue either way but sounds a little over the top
  • edited July 2020 PM
    DaRedANT wrote: »
    The body debuff is not in the same line. You can only %50 debuff your own baseline damage, not spec damage. Similar to wizzie, eldy, runie, etc

That was the point.. Base 223DD nuke debuffed for 50% will cap the damage 48 ES and 24 +11 items +RR

Banshee 223 x 3 @ 2.8spd = 669 cap without crits or to be fair 238.93 DPS
    Wizard, RM, Enchanter 179 x 3 @ 2.6 = 537 cap without crits 206.54 DPS

There will be almost no variance with 24+11+RR5 +DDC or Comp pots

About 15% More damage than a Wizard that is debuffing his/her own damage..

And that 2.8spd spell will cast faster at 392 dex than the 2.6 spd at 392 thanks to dex break points.

From Dex break points on Postcount:

392 dex = 1.12 (111.9)
    446 dex = 1.13 (113.0)

374 dex = 1.14 (113.7)
    446 dex = 1.13 (112.8)

So after being fair giving a DPS next to damages it is infact 597 DPS vs 471 DPS About 20% more damage.
    Post edited by Stoopiduser on
  • DaRedANT wrote: »

That was the point.. Base 223DD nuke debuffed for 50% will cap the damage 48 ES and 24 +11 items +RR

Banshee 223 x 3 @ 2.8spd = 669 cap without crits or to be fair 238.93 DPS
    Wizard, RM, Enchanter 179 x 3 @ 2.6 = 537 cap without crits 206.54 DPS

There will be almost no variance with 24+11+RR5 +DDC or Comp pots

About 15% More damage than a Wizard that is debuffing his/her own damage..

Even a blind horse finds water sometimes...

I'd like to think this was an oversight on Broadsword's part but considering some of the previous patches...let's hope enough players voice their concern on how bad of an idea it is. While Bainshees can already hit this hard, they need a Void Eldritch to debuff for them which doesn't fit well into most group compositions. This change would remove the need for a second player / class to coordinate a debuff AND allow the debuffer to nuke just as hard as those assisting. Furthermore, the fact that the debuff was put into an already high utility line (Ethereal Shriek) makes it VERY viable in a modern group composition. If the debuff goes through, then the baseline DD delve needs to be lowered to 179. Otherwise, there'll be a lot of QQ about the "better players" exploiting this OP opportunity.
  • Totally underwhelming patch does absolutely nothing to address the utility on alb and absolutely nothing for alb melee another necro nerf and the continuous policy of broadsword turning the game into hibgard a 2 realm game
    Not impressed
  • I agree that baseline dd of bainshee should be lowered.
  • Idk why people complain about bainshee DD, when caster maulers do even more dps.

Imo bainshees are fine, the 50% body debuff in ES is a bad idea, everybody agrees that it is a bad idea.

Nobody plays bainshees, just like nobody plays caster maulers. They are the 2 least played classes in the game.

Guys are talking like bainshees were dominating and 1 shotting people left and right.
  • edited August 2020 PM
    Why is the debuff a bad idea?

debuff + reduced base DD is more dmg than current base DD.

They are rarely played, so they get buffed...why is this a bad idea?
    Post edited by Kroko on
  • Nerfing catapults even interupting and still not doing anything about Hibs stun pining Mids and Hibs in keep?

Making other non-stuning Hib clases OP'd with silly 50% body debuff on a 223 DD base nuke (WTF!?) doesnt hide the problem.

They should have the ML ability Determination Field also affect stuns instead of just mezzes. Right now it's a 25% mezz reduction, I don't see why they couldn't add a 25-40% stun reduction with it. It's not like it gets used much in open field fights and it would help with (all not just hib) stun nuke nuke in keep fights.
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus
  • Kroko wrote: »
    Why is the debuff a bad idea?

debuff + reduced base DD is more dmg than current base DD.

They are rarely played, so they get buffed...why is this a bad idea?

The debuff with lowering the base dd would be punishing the other two specs. If they didn't spec ES then they are just getting nerfed. This change would force people to play ES with SG subspec only as the other two lines while they didn't bring much before, would bring even less.
  • Daelin wrote: »
    The debuff with lowering the base dd would be punishing the other two specs. If they didn't spec ES then they are just getting nerfed.

Thats true. I dont know how to solve this.