Weekend Battleground Event: Caledonia

The Caledonia battleground is open to all players starting today, Thursday July 16th until Tuesday July 21st!

Conquer the enemy realms and capture Caer Caledon back from the Picts to earn the Pictslayer loot!

The Caledonia battleground has the following zone bonuses:
  • 25% bonus to realm point gain
  • 25% bonus to bounty point gain
  • 50% bonus to experience gain

Visit the Battleground Event Channelers to venture to Caledonia:

Albion: Master Truji in Castle Sauvage
Midgard: Stor Gothi Acheren in Svasud Faste
Hibernia: Channeler Inarea in Druim Ligen

Click here to visit the DAoC Herald!
Post edited by Carol_Broadsword on
DAoC Community Lead
Broadsword Online Games
Tagged:

Comments

• Any chance we get a event that isn't solely focused on Zerg? Something requiring to be in small groups 3-, games alot more fun when you have action everywhere instead of action in 1 place and dead everywhere else.
    Bodukejr- hunter
    Thegenerallee-shadowblade
    Misleadinglooks-warrior

Grumblejr-hero
    Danceswithdebuffs-champion
    Faatkid-druid
  • edited July 2020 PM
    Never done this event or that bg befor so I'm all kinds of hyped is it a lvl 50 bg? It never gave any requirements
    Post edited by Names on
  • Names wrote: »
    Never done this event or that bg befor so I'm all kinds of hyped is it a lvl 50 bg? It never gave any requirements

It's the Old Frontiers battleground that was for levels 30-35. Has the CK model of the OF Albion keeps. You get a medallion of passage to get to the battleground.
  • @anomally ah nice cant wait
  • Guessing hibs will shut that down all weekend.
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus
  • Looks like all you need to do is be in your realms main border keep and talk to the NPC on the pad to port to the BG
  • Sweet. Love me some Caledonia.
    Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters
  • Dreamscape wrote: »
    Guessing hibs will shut that down all weekend.

So tell your cross-realming Albgard peers to stop switching sides every time they lose a fight or get outnumbered.
  • MrZerg wrote: »
    Dreamscape wrote: »
    Guessing hibs will shut that down all weekend.

So tell your cross-realming Albgard peers to stop switching sides every time they lose a fight or get outnumbered.

Or you can tell your friends to choose the least populated realm.
  • thought the whole idea for the realm population bonus was that the skilled 8-mans would run on the least populated realm for the added rps and action----
  • If Caledonia was a film

6hhs0dvt8v73.jpg
  • edited July 2020 PM
    I came I saw captured the keep then left boring as hell was very amusing seeing the trapathon going on outside the keep this is what broadsword has reduced alb to a realm of hardened bombers kinda tells you something about the realm balance if the only way people can have fun is to plant mines very sad but I really don’t expect much to change in the next patch
    I think the 2 realm game with a trapping realm Which currently is the ywain server will only get worse.
    To many vested interest from irc to Herorius in this game at the moment dictating what goes on I even heard a csr runs with irc maybe fake news but if it’s true wow that’s really fucked up explains a lot of the balance issues and dumb patches.
    Seems the only place with a rising alb population is the bird hmm this kinda tells you something as well if you really think about it.
    But hey ho mustn’t complain.
    Post edited by Brut on
  • Auberne wrote: »
    If Caledonia was a film

6hhs0dvt8v73.jpg

Nerf traps.

Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters
  • After Herorius was suspended the albs came out of their pk and had some great battles with midgard.
  • I got to see a few point blank explosions up close. It's like watching that screen saver bounce around and then once in a while it lands in the corner.
  • edited July 2020 PM
    Auberne wrote: »
    If Caledonia was a film

6hhs0dvt8v73.jpg

you forgot to photoshop 'mrbadwolf" over the head of the char ...

lol.

awesome job Auberne.

now come back to midgard and bring smeger and the rest of HHG back and help me fight herorius ;)
    Post edited by Muylae on
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • warduke wrote: »
    After Herorius was suspended the albs came out of their pk and had some great battles with midgard.

yeah, although i felt we (mids) were outnumbered very badly (monday) i tried to keep being very aggressive. when Brut showed up (and i think he started leading the albs) it felt to us we were being outnumbered 3 to 1 and we called it a day. we still tried a few hits on the massive albs numbers at that time but... yeah, numbers.

Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • I played a bit this weekend with my EC account on Mid during NA prime. There are three BGs running now for the most part. However, they're a far cry from what BGs used to be. I feel as if the quality in the playerbase has diminished severely over time. Zerg fights are face smashing these days. No coordination at all. Spray and pray only. It is literally a numbers game now.

The solo game seems to be about where it was when I unsubscribed back in December 2019. Not great but can get good fights depending on the time of day. Still plagued by stealth groups but that has always been a DAoC tradition I suppose. The epeen is still strong in the 1v1 chat. ;)

Outside of drafts, I only see two 8mans roaming around. This playstyle hasn't picked up since January 2019. *cough*

Running two events simultaneously seems counter intuitive. There's far from enough players to occupy both NF and Caledonia. There should be events that are playstyle focused instead of just opening up another zone. Simply rehashing old, stale events isn't going to bring me back as a subscriber.

Consistent updates that include bug fixes, small tweaks to class balance, and some QoL changes would bring me back. The big overhauls that take over a year to implement aren't paying off and taking months or the better part of a year to address concerns / problems of said overhauls isn't worth $15 / month. Still waiting to see what patch 1.127 has to bring and hopefully it's more than just textures.
  • puter wrote: »
    I played a bit this weekend with my EC account on Mid during NA prime. There are three BGs running now for the most part. However, they're a far cry from what BGs used to be. I feel as if the quality in the playerbase has diminished severely over time. Zerg fights are face smashing these days. No coordination at all. Spray and pray only. It is literally a numbers game now.

The solo game seems to be about where it was when I unsubscribed back in December 2019. Not great but can get good fights depending on the time of day. Still plagued by stealth groups but that has always been a DAoC tradition I suppose. The epeen is still strong in the 1v1 chat. ;)

Outside of drafts, I only see two 8mans roaming around. This playstyle hasn't picked up since January 2019. *cough*

Running two events simultaneously seems counter intuitive. There's far from enough players to occupy both NF and Caledonia. There should be events that are playstyle focused instead of just opening up another zone. Simply rehashing old, stale events isn't going to bring me back as a subscriber.

Consistent updates that include bug fixes, small tweaks to class balance, and some QoL changes would bring me back. The big overhauls that take over a year to implement aren't paying off and taking months or the better part of a year to address concerns / problems of said overhauls isn't worth $15 / month. Still waiting to see what patch 1.127 has to bring and hopefully it's more than just textures.

I love you...
  • Muylae wrote: »
    you forgot to photoshop 'mrbadwolf" over the head of the char ...

lol no need he is name checked twice, he is madbombandier aswell so far as I know.