Steam

I have tried looking and couldnt find any define answer besides just some mentions here or there but...has BS thought or spoke about going onto Steam? I think they could bring in quite a bit of players (atleast try the game) if placed on there. I buy games and play them on there but I don't know what it takes to get your game on there, is it like Netflix? Where you literally sell your license to them and they gain any and all money from then on? then id'e say no, dont do it...but I dont think its like Netflix like that...but then again I cant stand 100% on that....
Tagged:

Comments

• There was mention of it but my guess is that since they are owned by EA it’s a hard no go for Steam store.
  • I really think Steam would be the only chance to gain new players...since BC and EA are not putting any money into advertising the game (i cant blame cause if i owned the game and had money, i wouldnt waste any money on it either) but if your gonna stay independent than you need to advertise....atleast on Steam you don't need to advertise, your on a list of new games added, than for the rest of their life the game will be on multiple lists of mmo, f2p and such which are lists people are looking for, so they see this game they havent tried...no advertisement needed
  • Fateboi wrote: »
    There was mention of it but my guess is that since they are owned by EA it’s a hard no go for Steam store.

This. EA owns both DAoC and UO so you won't find them ever on Steam due to Origin.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • You can still buy Origin games on Steam, my wife just pointed that out to me...she is a huge Sims player...and I play Command and Conquer (or used to) and got those through Steam
  • Possibly they were pre Origin, I'm unsure of dates.

But we did update previously on this that it was in EA's hands and as they have Origin chances were slim.
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • We've addressed this in a Q&A (quite) a while back:

Are there any plans to put DAoC onto Steam? (Jermz, Bilalsparky, Kefkka, Asyasha)
    John: We’d love to get the game on Steam, it’d be great for the game. We’ve done all the work we can as s studio to get it on Steam, it’s actually in Electronic Arts’ hands at the moment, so we’re just waiting to hear back from them. When we hear something, you’ll hear something!

https://www.darkageofcamelot.com/content/live-dev-qa-summary-november-15-2015
    DAoC German Community Admin
    Broadsword Online Games

Shileahs Camelot-Kompendium - DAoC-Infos auf Deutsch
    Shileah of House Dara, the First of Her name, the Unressed, Master of Stickloss, Queen of Inc-Screams, Purge-Fails and lost Line of Sight, Breaker of Mezz, Mother of Doggos
  • Thank you both Carol and Lea for getting back on this and giving a definite answer! Love you guys! I think you guys do an awesome job for us players!
  • We've addressed this in a Q&A (quite) a while back:

Are there any plans to put DAoC onto Steam? (Jermz, Bilalsparky, Kefkka, Asyasha)
    John: We’d love to get the game on Steam, it’d be great for the game. We’ve done all the work we can as s studio to get it on Steam, it’s actually in Electronic Arts’ hands at the moment, so we’re just waiting to hear back from them. When we hear something, you’ll hear something!

https://www.darkageofcamelot.com/content/live-dev-qa-summary-november-15-2015

hi, any news?
    I'm seeing that now the ea games are coming to steam!

• It's in process but will take some time :)
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • How many years is "some time" plz?
  • Been five years so far.

"...the best thing to do if you disagree (or agree) isn't to ask us why (which is rhetorical)...." -John_Broadsword
    "the patch [1.127] is later this year" -Carol_Broadsword, aka "constable paddy biehbien of the **** local community Enforcement force "
    send a message with your wallet
  • Why isn't DAoC even on Origin? =P
  • I have seen many mmorpgs go steam last few years including popular ones, and got at least thousands users. I hope daoc would do the same..
  • EA just got it's largest properties on steam this month.
  • If this game is about to go on steam, for the love of all that is holy please make EC less off putting first. At the very least remove the XP and realm XP penalties and grant access to the same buffs as normal players.

Wouldn't more players sub up it they have a blast hitting the EC RR cap, instead of limping up to it at a snail's pace?
  • CreatE wrote: »
    I have seen many mmorpgs go steam last few years including popular ones, and got at least thousands users. I hope daoc would do the same..

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/titanfall-2-is-more-popular-than-every-battlefield-game-combined-on-steam/

yep like titanfall 2
  • edited June 2020 PM
    Agreed they need to do something about the EC and allow them to purchase Red buffs at a value pricing.
    We had some EC in our PUG group using realm buffs they didn’t stick around long...

The Supp potions should be reasonably priced instead of ripping off EC’s for buffs that are 100% required to RVR...

Most of us have the $ to spare and pay but just like in IRL you’re looking for a deal and some value instead of being overcharged.
    GL

@beib
    Post edited by Fateboi on
  • EA will put daoc on steam since their failing platform origins stinks.
  • null
    Any news?
  • EA will put daoc on steam since their failing platform origins stinks.

Origin is awful just like EA.