Crescendo - Cloak of the loyal Bard 225% speed

edited June 2020 in General Board
I think it's time that the CL15 Cloak of the Loyal Bard gets "adjusted" for the self crescendo.
Both the Mid and Alb get Crescendo that is limited to 135% speed, after being nerfed a few times.
I believe in the name of balance it's time this cloak comes down from +225% movement speed.

YFA41Gh.jpg
Post edited by Fateboi on

Comments

• Karen...
  • 1000% agree on this one. Insta Amnesia and this cloak are purely used to knock solos/small mans out of speed for the Bards groups to kill. I see people streaming laugh when they use it all the time, even the people playing know it's silly.
  • nice cloak for scald or minny
  • Only 1 demezzer if no ment in grp for hib so fair enough imo. Necro is more silly ^^
  • ment>friar
  • Great crescendo are on 45 second timer , the cloak are on 10 minutes timer .
  • CreatE wrote: »
    Only 1 demezzer if no ment in grp for hib so fair enough imo. Necro is more silly ^^

Bainshee can demezz too.

Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters
  • If you're truly shooting for balance, i can see the cloak being nerfed.. but while you're at it, balance siege buff... mid and alb have the buff on their speed classes, so if you're gonna nail the cloak, give bards the same siege buff as skalds and minis. True balance will never happen, but if youre gonna give and take... just sayin....

The alternative is to accept that classes are different. I don't like getting nailed by traps that a certain class can drop. Pretty sure one specifically can drop (7?) traps, if you include the class cloak. , but i appreciate the variety and being different.
  • Sleepwell wrote: »
    If you're truly shooting for balance, i can see the cloak being nerfed.. but while you're at it, balance siege buff... mid and alb have the buff on their speed classes, so if you're gonna nail the cloak, give bards the same siege buff as skalds and minis. True balance will never happen, but if youre gonna give and take... just sayin....

The alternative is to accept that classes are different. I don't like getting nailed by traps that a certain class can drop. Pretty sure one specifically can drop (7?) traps, if you include the class cloak. , but i appreciate the variety and being different.

So like, should we change the skald/mins class cloak /use to match the Bards? Or should we make it so that each realm, doesn't matter what class, has an access to a loyalty cloak with a /use of 225% movement speed?

-I understand uniqueness but we also need balanced. Your example of siege buff: ALL realms get it on one class.
    -You're example comparing siege buff to this Crescendo... NOT ALL realms get a 225% movement speed /use on a loyalty cloak.

Unfair? idk
  • edited June 2020 PM
    Not all realms get bolt range mezz...

Not all realms have to spec in 2h to use it....

Not all realms have baseline stun on list casters....

Is this really the rabbit hole we want to go down? I get the frustration, but just sounds like a QQ post.
    Post edited by Dale_Perf on
    "...the best thing to do if you disagree (or agree) isn't to ask us why (which is rhetorical)...." -John_Broadsword
    "the patch [1.127] is later this year" -Carol_Broadsword, aka "constable paddy biehbien of the **** local community Enforcement force "
    send a message with your wallet
  • edited June 2020 PM
    Not sure why suddenly that cloak is a problem. It basically has 2 uses, one is to catch people running away from you (not only soloers...) or to wilson from a fight.

It's a useful cloak, nowhere near OP. Feels like Fate got caught up by a bard and is mad about it, which would be ironic coming from him.
    Post edited by Shoke on
  • I think every realm should have this ability. I dont see why only hib should have it.
    Any reason for this?
    You can nerf bard now. But you can also give ability to all realms. I prefer the latter.
    Its a nice ability, no need to remove it.
  • On the other side...if we go on like this...we will make all realms equal in the end.
    Is this the goal!?
  • edited June 2020 PM
    Idk, RM has a pretty sick class cloak with no equivalent in other realms, nerf RMs?

Let's follow this "logic.

Theurg r5 is unique, every realm should get it.
    Cleric r5 is unique, every realm should get it.
    Bard r5 is unique, every realm should get it.
    Friar r5 is unique, every realm should get it.
    Valk r5 is unique, every realm should get it.
    Sorc r5 is unique, every realm should get it.
    Cab r5 is unique, every realm should get it.
    Merc r5 is unique, every realm should get it.
    Reaver r5 is unique, every realm should get it.
    Arms r5 is unique, every realm should get it.
    Pally r5 is unique, every realm should get it.
    Warrior r5 is unique, every realm should get it.
    RM r5 is unique, every realm should get it.
    Savage r5 is unique, every realm should get it.
    Champ r5 is unique, every realm should get it.
    Bm r5 is unique, every realm should get it.
    Vamp r5 is unique, every realm should get it.
    Animist r5 is unique, every realm should get it.
    Ment r5 is unique, every realm should get it.

These posts are dumb
    Post edited by Shoke on
  • Now I see where this is going... I should have known better I'm sorry :|
  • Nightshade needs blood drinking ra
  • Bard cloak is fine. Nerf savage cloak with the 5 min stealth lore and the stupid bd seeker pets. Hunters have same ability with hounds
  • edited June 2020 PM
    Seen like this, i think its ok that only bard has it.
    Other classes have other nice abilities in their cloaks.
    Post edited by Kroko on
  • KatKat
    edited June 2020 PM
    This a perfect example of a Karen post. Can't handle a unique ability, so cry to the management.
    Post edited by Kat on
  • edited June 2020 PM
    Both the mid and Alb crescendo have been adjusted multiple times I believe it’s time to take a look at their cloak and reduce the 225% speed.

GL
  • Its a unique ability to a class and has nothing to do with crescendo.
  • Hib crescendo also got reduced... or did you forget that bards have it too, @Fateboi ?

Let’s assume you didn’t forget (but ofc you did). So all 3 realms crescendo has been nerfed and somehow you want that to apply *also* to hib bard loyalty cloak? Unilaterally? With no changes to any mid/alb cloaks?

Very confusing line of thought for someone asking for balance.
  • As much as i dont like that cloak /use (mostly because i play mid) i think it is fine the way it is. Besides a true mid would rather die with honor then to run from thoses punny tree huggers XD.
  • Bards have bolt range insta amnesia that they spam on your group/small to drop speed and then they can self Crescedo away at +225% speed.

Yes, this is an RvR realm balance issue.
  • edited June 2020 PM
    Fateboi wrote: »
    Bards have bolt range insta amnesia that they spam on your group/small to drop speed and then they can self Crescedo away at +225% speed.

Yes, this is an RvR realm balance issue.

They can spam it now? Used to be a recast timer on it <shrug>. I know from playing a healer that i can spam it, maybe classes arent as unique as i thought...

Thus the uniqueness of the class. Its always that slippery slope if you try to make all classes equal. But as i stated above, if you're gonna do it, go full tilt. , all classes equal, would make templating easier.. each class could choose gear that makes them equal across all realms.
    Post edited by Sleepwell on
  • They can't spam it... When chasing you can spam until you are in range, then you have a colldown, just exactly like a .... Skald mezz. Nerf skalds.
  • lol what's the cooldown? 5- 10 seconds?
  • edited June 2020 PM
    They spam insta bolt range amnesia until it lands, but here’s the kicker they self crescendo at +225% movement speed.

Skald isnt dropping speed with a bolt range Instant amnesia...
  • If you can't 180 before getting Amnesia'd, then you need to work on your reaction time.
  • edited June 2020 PM
    Rohan wrote: »
    Hib crescendo also got reduced... or did you forget that bards have it too, @Fateboi ?

lol. Some people want a nerf just for getting a nerf.
    Post edited by Kroko on
  • The "I'm too good to die this way" factor
    "...the best thing to do if you disagree (or agree) isn't to ask us why (which is rhetorical)...." -John_Broadsword
    "the patch [1.127] is later this year" -Carol_Broadsword, aka "constable paddy biehbien of the **** local community Enforcement force "
  • Fateboi wrote: »
    Bards have bolt range insta amnesia that they spam...

Can’t spam amnesia with a Bard, both single and AE have reuse timers.

You can with a Healer and Sorc.

That being said....

Amnesia is the real ISSUE you have with Bards. Nerf that and leave the cloak.

Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters
  • Give Bard spammable Amnesia and you'll never cast again. ;)
  • Dont forget the skald and minstrel have instant cast crescendo , the bard need to stop moving and cast it on friendly target and the cloak are a selfuse 10 min timer .
  • No reason to change it or if they do then put it on a 5ish min timer.
    They should look at some of the other cloaks that are garbage.
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus
  • @Hellblast this was brought up at the time of implementation.
    Skalds and Minstrels are typically extended and interrupting actively, therefore they wouldn’t be able to cast it so it’s an instant.
  • Good argument, I wonder what the bard usually does.
  • The point of Crescendo is to catch your target or run away from them/kite (in terms of RvR balance), the fact that you need to stop to cast it essentially negates the benefits of using it on yourself if you're already running, and IMO is only really useful to the bard in MoC situations at the end of his MoC to kite. So bards should mostly use Crescendo on a friendly target in front of them, or use it in a fight to again help somebody kite, whether that be themselves or a group member.

Skalds and Minstrels weren't given a casted version because dex isn't a primary, or even secondary stat for them. So giving them a casted version would be kinda silly, it would be totally useless to the class because their casting speed is overall trash compared to bard (saracen minstrel is almost close).

Seems pretty balanced. If you want two speed boosts, then I suggest you use one of the two (at least) cross-realm items that have the same speed burst.
  • KoeKoe
    edited June 2020 PM
    Sleepwell wrote: »
    If you're truly shooting for balance, i can see the cloak being nerfed.. but while you're at it, balance siege buff... mid and alb have the buff on their speed classes, so if you're gonna nail the cloak, give bards the same siege buff as skalds and minis. True balance will never happen, but if youre gonna give and take... just sayin....

Good idea! Since bards now get baseline speed, let's put them at 1.0 spec points just like all non-hib heal/support classes.

In all seriousness though. Amnesia on bards is very strong given the uber range and isnta cast. Couple that with (sometimes cloak use for faster than speed6 to chase down smalls/solos), and the fact that if you cycle chants the bard DOESN"T EVEN LOSE SPEED and you can knock your enemy out of speed.

Amnesia and cycling is why bards are super strong. Also spec points; being able to be good at both CC spec and heal spec and have decent utility/mez redux is pretty hard to beat.
    Post edited by Koe on
  • puter wrote: »
    If you can't 180 before getting Amnesia'd, then you need to work on your reaction time.

it's weird when it's always someone on a bard rather than any other class (or even sorc/healer) that comes directly at you from out of clip range and hits you close to the tip of a hill or whatnot, with insta amnesia from extended range, and if you do 180 in time they seem to be able to chase you down using that cloak. I assume going faster than speed 6 is that cloak. Definitely not going to report bards for going faster than speed6 given that ability. If you get my point.
  • Insta clip range amnesia spamming + 225% crescendo to bail them out once it lands.

I saw it so many times this weekend already.

GL
  • It's funny people complaining about how OP amnesia is on a bard. Much more OP on every other class that has the casted version, but nobody bothers to use it /shrug
  • Well it's obvious as to why... Other classes have to come to a stop to cast the spell while bard gets to chase behind mashing it hoping you lag or take a bad angle... I mean who could ever see the difference between the 2.

I have never ever seen a single person complain about the spell doing as described in it's tool tip. It's the being knocked off horse or speed and ran down that causes the complaints
    Bodukejr- hunter
    Thegenerallee-shadowblade
    Misleadinglooks-warrior

Grumblejr-hero
    Danceswithdebuffs-champion
    Faatkid-druid
  • I mean, you could just kill the group chasing you down too. This is an RvR game after all.
  • Boduke wrote: »
    Well it's obvious as to why... Other classes have to come to a stop to cast the spell while bard gets to chase behind mashing it hoping you lag or take a bad angle... I mean who could ever see the difference between the 2.

I have never ever seen a single person complain about the spell doing as described in it's tool tip. It's the being knocked off horse or speed and ran down that causes the complaints

Casted amnesia is one of the most effective counters to MoC. At over 2300 units it's insanely effective, especially with the low cast time.

Getting chased down by larger numbers will always happen. This is a QQ about getting ganked, not a balance issue.
  • Dale_Perf wrote: »
    Boduke wrote: »
    Well it's obvious as to why... Other classes have to come to a stop to cast the spell while bard gets to chase behind mashing it hoping you lag or take a bad angle... I mean who could ever see the difference between the 2.

Casted amnesia is one of the most effective counters to MoC. At over 2300 units it's insanely effective, especially with the low cast time.

Getting chased down by larger numbers will always happen. This is a QQ about getting ganked, not a balance issue.

No other class in the entire game has a self crescendo with +225% speed. Read some of the posts above about how it has been abused.

GL
  • So now when a class uses their abilities and charges to maximum effect, it's called abusing? What do you think the intention of the speed boost is????
  • Note here that abusing = catch my smallman and knock me off speed
  • take speed 5 away from horses!! So I dont have to use my cloak..
  • Bump I believe it's time in 2021 to take a look at this 225% self speed cloak