Bonuses, Merchants, and Doppelganger Event extension

The Rites of Sprint event has come to an end but we are happy to announce that the existing bonuses, traveling merchants, and Doppelganger Invasion event are being extended until Tuesday June 2nd, 2020!

Additionally, any Doppelganger spawn points that were found in Folley Lake, the Trellebourg, and Moydruim Castle have been moved to other locations in Hadrian's Wall, Odin's Gate, and Emain Macha.
DAoC Community Lead
Broadsword Online Games
Tagged:

Comments

• Great news...thank you
  • Why did you remove the spawn points at Folley, Trelle and Moydruim? The players running around there for farming dopples led to great fights and action. It was fun to farm the dopple farmer.

For the sake of the fun and the action, bring it back please!
  • Siege wrote: »
    Why did you remove the spawn points at Folley, Trelle and Moydruim? The players running around there for farming dopples led to great fights and action. It was fun to farm the dopple farmer.

For the sake of the fun and the action, bring it back please!

Honestly I'm not happy, but I want to give this new change a "go". Broadsword has been listening to the players and this is what they wanted so might as well try it
  • Should still be plenty of action around the mazes.

Glad to hear about the extension.

GL
  • edited May 2020 PM
    Armagedden wrote: »
    Honestly I'm not happy, but I want to give this new change a "go". Broadsword has been listening to the players and this is what they wanted so might as well try it

Why should anyone not want to have the dopples there? They don't hurt anyone, so just leave em there. Are there any posts of players complaning about the dopples there? I don't think so - any links to such posts would be apreciated.

Fateboi wrote: »
    Should still be plenty of action around the mazes.

You have your fun at the mazes, let us have ours at Moy, Trelle and Folley. Don't see any win for anyone in having a change here.
    Post edited by Siege on
  • @Siege I ain't gonna quote sh*t. It's been all over these forums the past few weeks, you go look I'm not wasting my time to prove a point. Like I i said, I'm not a fan, but It's what people have been saying
  • Armagedden wrote: »
    @Siege I ain't gonna quote sh*t. It's been all over these forums the past few weeks, you go look I'm not wasting my time to prove a point. Like I i said, I'm not a fan, but It's what people have been saying

Didnt ask for prove - asked for info. Gonna try to find it then. Thanks anyways.
  • So people farming fresh lvl 50's at solo castles are now complaining that they moved the Doppelgangers to other locations so they cannot easily farm the fresh lvl 50's anymore... ridiculous....
  • edited May 2020 PM
    Fresh level 50? Dont know what movie you're in - my experience shows me that there's definitly not fresh lvl 50's farming going on. Check the realm ranks of the farmers and the fights happenig, you would be surprized.

Further @Cathul - when "fresh 50ies", as you call them, are farming dopples at trelle and getting killed. What does it help them when dopples are removed? Nothing at all.
    Post edited by Siege on
  • [quote="Siege;28275"]Why did you remove the spawn points at Folley, Trelle and Moydruim? The players running around there for farming dopples led to great fights and action. It was fun to farm the dopple farmer.

For the sake of the fun and the action, bring it back please! [/quote]

Are perhaps apart of pale horse ? Lol
  • /smh

Who are you in game @Siege?
  • @Siege they removed the doppels at the solo zones because there were 3-4 doppels there at all times, making it very tempting for groups to get their doppel credit there instead of roaming a bit.
  • Thanx for extending the doppelganger spawns i think they are helping the population as it gives poeple something else to. Doppelgangers are a great way for low rr toons to get there starting toys like purge and stuff and farming them becomes less efficient with higher realm rank toons
  • Update: been running around in the AM EST and solo action has sucked. Solo zones are dead, and roaming between mazes and border keeps has given me 2-5man vs 1 fights...

I guess you can't win. Stupid people wanted Doppels out of Moy/Folley/Trelle b/c they think it would have stopped FGs from rolling solos... well I still see plenty of /region spam with 4-8's running through these areas.

At least when Doppels were at those 3 keeps it hid the fact that pop still sucks (for solo at least), and it was a risk vs. reward...

Now there is no risk/reward for solo again...
  • Armagedden wrote: »
    Update: been running around in the AM EST and solo action has sucked. Solo zones are dead, and roaming between mazes and border keeps has given me 2-5man vs 1 fights...

I guess you can't win. Stupid people wanted Doppels out of Moy/Folley/Trelle b/c they think it would have stopped FGs from rolling solos... well I still see plenty of /region spam with 4-8's running through these areas.

At least when Doppels were at those 3 keeps it hid the fact that pop still sucks (for solo at least), and it was a risk vs. reward...

Now there is no risk/reward for solo again...

Trigger alert because people have to leave the "solo areas" in order to farm the guys who are doing the doppel quests.
  • edited May 2020 PM
    [edited]
    Post edited by Driralin on
  • edited May 2020 PM
    Wow relax, they only took the doppels out of the "solo" areas. Younstill have plenty of doppels around the mazes and wood spots.

Just do some back and forth between maze, Bold/Nged/glen and the wood and you'll find action (and doppels).
    Post edited by Shoke on
  • It's a sad state of the game when PvE RPs are heavily desired. RIP
  • It’s a sad state when you just don’t get it it’s about risk reward unfortunetly a concept you don’t understand as an old buddy of me once told me you can’t educate pork
  • Reminder! Don't forget the Doppelganger Invasion Event, Traveling Merchants, and Bonuses leave us tomorrow (June 2nd)!!

Get your seals & shopping in!

Note that the seals will be removed once the event ends, and you will not be able to turn in after the event ends, so use them now and get your rewards!
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • No May newsletter? RIP
  • Will the doppelganger mobs stay or leave?
  • Hope so! Camping bridges and mazes is alot of fun.
  • YES please letDoppelgangers stay! Nice Action! And please better respawn...so low-rr-toons can get a little easy rps...and higher rr-toons can have good fights!
  • Strolch wrote: »
    YES please letDoppelgangers stay! Nice Action! And please better respawn...so low-rr-toons can get a little easy rps...and higher rr-toons can have good fights!

I think respawn is fair. Let's not get greedy. Low RR toons can make 50+k/hour which is great. Game is in a great place. Just need to tweak class balance now...
  • Seals and the rewards the seals gave are gone, but the locations and spawn rates will remain permanently :)
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • Seals and the rewards the seals gave are gone, but the locations and spawn rates will remain permanently :)

NICE! Thank you! :)
    And now please give Herorious the next reamrank! His rr14 since 2017 now...so bad he wont get anything for his BG-Leadership in Hibernia! Come on! That is not fair!