Attempting to reclaim my name

I first started playing DAoC during the beta in 2001. When the game went live I chose the Bedevere server. For the next 4 years I played a druid named iLk. Having returned after a long absence I haven't had much luck trying to convince you to reclaim my characters' original name. I purchased 3 renames because I incorrectly assumed the mithral renames would solve my issue. I've made countless /appeals that have gone unresponded. The account that contains my name (probably an old account of mine long forgotten) hasn't been active in a decade and the character with the name 'iLk' is RR1 and guildless. I plan on playing often for the forseeable future, have subscribed for the year, and purchased mithral. I would even entertain purchasing the name.

Please help me by either renaming the character or switching names.

Yilk - RR12 druid on Ywain7

wants the name 'iLk' from

ilk - RR1 mentalist on Ywain10
Tagged:

Comments

• Hey iLk,

please check your email folder (and the spam folder), Customer Support has replied to your appeals via mail!

Please understand however that such a name switch is not possible. Customer Support only changes names that violate the rules; for everything else you need to buy a renaming token on the Mithril Store. You can only pick names that are available though, and since you said that the name you want is in use, it cannot be picked. Customer Support does not "free up" names that are already in use; additionally, there may be other reasons why a name is not available, for example, but not limited to, because they are used by an NPC, are violating the naming guidelines, or they may be reserved by the storyline team.
    DAoC German Community Admin
    Broadsword Online Games

Shileahs Camelot-Kompendium - DAoC-Infos auf Deutsch
    Shileah of House Dara, the First of Her name, the Unressed, Master of Stickloss, Queen of Inc-Screams, Purge-Fails and lost Line of Sight, Breaker of Mezz, Mother of Doggos
  • Good Morning,
    I recovered my LV 50 Reaver from Gawaine to Ywain 3.
    I see him on the new server but Your renaming added a space Rant I118 instead of Ranti118.
    It now tells me there cannot be special characters in a name and I cannot log in to change it if I wanted. I am stuck at accepting the rename but it will not accept with the space.

What do I need to do?
  • You need to change the name in such a way that it does not contain numbers or a space. If the name you picked is not available, you will need to pick a different one.
    Broadsword Online Games

Shileah of House Dara, the First of Her name, the Unressed, Master of Stickloss, Queen of Inc-Screams, Purge-Fails and lost Line of Sight, Breaker of Mezz, Mother of Doggos
  • PLEASE actually READ what I asked.
    YOUR system changed my name to a name with a space and I am not able to change it.
    YOUR system added the space when recovering the character. His name was Ranti. YOUR system changed it to Rant I118.
    I cannot change the name. It asks to continue and then it gives me an error about special symbols. Where can I change the name?
    Can you help fix this?
  • Hello? I paid for a subscription I cannot use because of lack of response. Can you help?
  • Can I get a refund of lost time because of this?
  • I've send you a direct message! :smile:
    Broadsword Online Games

• Feeble hijack. Anyone at Broadsword compassionate enough to let me reclaim my name from an account that is many years inactive?
  • Hey iLk! Nothing has changed here since March when I replied to your initial posting. What you request is not possible at the moment; names that have already been used can currently not be freed up in any way. We are aware that this is something many players would like to see, and are investigating if we can find ways to implement this or make changes here, however there is no timeline or additional information available here at the moment. Once there are news to publish, we will do so!
    Broadsword Online Games

• Just go into the account and change the name. . .

or delete the 10 year inactive account in favor of the one that's paid for the year. . .
  • I've paid for the last 2 years. . .my account is set to charge another year, beginning in Feb. If you can see past your rules and help me reclaim 1 original name for 1 specific character I will continue to play/pay the yearly cost. If nothing can be done I will not pay for my account ever again, sorry
  • Attempting again to get my character name from a 15 year, inactive, RR1, character. Still no luck. . .another year I won't play, another years worth you don't get paid for.
  • I sure do want to support the game/give the money