Ideas to strengthen the currently weak necromancers

edited April 2020 in General Board
Hello,

After fighting necros very frequently in the last week, I thought about posting some ideas on how to make the class stronger and more attractive to play. I would like to share those and maybe have them included in the next patch. Since there are only about 2 necros in every group I would like to see at least 8 necros in every group:
1. Increase the level of the necro to level 80
2. Provide a third moc
3. Necro should have access to instant heals
4. Pet should have much more hit points and hit like a truck
5. Some form of hard CC would be nice. Ideally instant mezz and instant stun
6. Stealth
7. Option to transform into a frame throwing monster dragon that has 300% speed increase
8. 800% dmg boost on demand that lasts until the character is deleted
9. Ability to wear plate armor
10. Have a siege ram pet that can open keeps and towers instantly

I think with these changes necros will be finally at a healthy level of strength.

On a serious note, they need to be nerfed and we can’t wait for patch. This is becoming absolutely ridiculous and ruining a lot of fights. Caster necro is the most cancerous thing to play at the moment.

Peace out
  1. Should necro be nerfed?20 votes
    1. Yes
      45.00%
    2. No
      55.00%
Post edited by Thrakonna on

Comments

• If you check the last week rps there is literally no caster except necro and sorc. Sorc only for messing though
  • edited April 2020 PM
    Balance is hard
    Post edited by Dale_Perf on
    "...the best thing to do if you disagree (or agree) isn't to ask us why (which is rhetorical)...." -John_Broadsword
    "the patch [1.127] is later this year" -Carol_Broadsword, aka "constable paddy biehbien of the **** local community Enforcement force "
    send a message with your wallet
  • lol^^

option 7 definitely.
  • edited April 2020 PM
    check this out:

2ha4igfx3b3e.png
    Post edited by Kroko on
  • What's most stunning about that graphic is the lack of theurgs in Alb. Did they take a massive nerf or people just have no idea what to do with them anymore?
  • Theurg are valuable but i think the strategy is to blap something as fast as possible before a bigger fish can add on your fights. Long drawn out who wins the interrupt wars isn't really a thing seeing as there is no real roaming 8v8 just people praying on inferior numbers or skill quickly and looking to move on quickly.
  • Even after the many patches necros are still ridiculous. I'm ok with them having some strong abilities, but ALL of them?! They can change forms instantly without consequence, their rr5 makes them near immortal, with 2x MoCs literally does make it immortal. The 100% disease melee proc is just stupid. make it a 25% proc like all other normal things in this game. and constant stealth lore? da fuq?
  • edited April 2020 PM
    Wrong thread
    Post edited by Shoke on
  • Thrakonna wrote: »
    If you check the last week rps there is literally no caster except necro and sorc. Sorc only for messing though

You obviously can't read because I see Cabbys, Wizards and Heretics on that list as well.
    Armagedden wrote: »
    Even after the many patches necros are still ridiculous. I'm ok with them having some strong abilities, but ALL of them?! They can change forms instantly without consequence, their rr5 makes them near immortal, with 2x MoCs literally does make it immortal. The 100% disease melee proc is just stupid. make it a 25% proc like all other normal things in this game. and constant stealth lore? da fuq?

They get 2x MOC? News to me.
    Amurdora wrote: »
    What's most stunning about that graphic is the lack of theurgs in Alb. Did they take a massive nerf or people just have no idea what to do with them anymore?

Most of the game is zerg fights now at keeps/towers and Theurgists are pretty useless in those fights. Theurgists only shine in open field 8v8 or in open field fights in general.
  • edited April 2020 PM
    I don’t really understand your comment. Necromancers account die majority of caster rps by far. This was my point so what did I miss here? Either I can’t read or you can’t read and do simple math. Wizards, cabalists and theurgs are far behind necros in terms of RPs. Majority of wizards you see hanging out at AMG with MRBadwolf that’s about it.

Necro spec MOC from RA and Moc from ability.
    Post edited by Thrakonna on
  • I can think of a hard counter to Necro groups. Hmmmmmm
  • Wow this is epic. I will agree that its harder to 8 v 8 without everyone joining in but if you cant form a 8 man on alb and roll everything then just go home