Stealth detection assassin vs assassin changed?

So i am seeing other assassins really far away now and i think its the same for them. Is this how stealth is now? I am seeing other high rr sins from 10-15 feet away. This is not how it use to be.

Comments

• Amurdora, on his Inf, and me on my NS tested this the other day. I had 50+15, he had comp 50 stealth. We saw each at the same time. He also brought a visi. The only thing we saw was the “disappearing NPC/player” bug.

Basically, when the player blinked back into view, they would be visible for a sec, then go back to being invisible.
    Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters
  • thought mastery of stealth was also used in stealth detection
  • 47el wrote: »
    thought mastery of stealth was also used in stealth detection

Yes the delve says, “Increases your movement speed while hidden, chance to hide from other stealthers and chance to reveal hidden enemies by 28%”. (MOS 7 in this example)

For the test, I had no points in MOS. Not sure if @Amurdora had any.

• stealth is 100% acting **** weird lately

hope they remove it this time o:)
  • No MOS.

Also, MOS detection doesn't work for assassins, or at least it didn't used to as it was the replacement for True Sight. It's the blinking from what I've seen @Sepphiroth75 that's causing people to be seen so far away. I did some more on my own yesterday and wasn't spotting people until they blinked.
  • i went from mos 6 to mos 7 on inf and i seem to be harder to find.....

i have noticed alot more "lag stealth ghosts" lately
  • I've noticed alot lately that I am seeing stealthers on vissies and being able to chase the ghost to them to pop. Meaning I'll run thru them see them and unlike in past they stay on screen like I have stl lore up
    Bodukejr- hunter
    Thegenerallee-shadowblade
    Misleadinglooks-warrior

Grumblejr-hero
    Danceswithdebuffs-champion
    Faatkid-druid
  • KatKat
    edited April 2020 PM
    Stealth has been broken for a while. It has been reported...for a while. Nothing has been done to fix it. Another move by BS to weaken stealth zergs? If so.../clap
    Post edited by Kat on
  • I suggest they remove stealth alltogether until they fix it. It's really unfair for stealthers to not have a working ability, might aswell disable it completely.
  • Shoke wrote: »
    I suggest they remove stealth alltogether until they fix it. It's really unfair for stealthers to not have a working ability, might aswell disable it completely.

Remove all pets while you're at it xD
    "...the best thing to do if you disagree (or agree) isn't to ask us why (which is rhetorical)...." -John_Broadsword
    "the patch [1.127] is later this year" -Carol_Broadsword, aka "constable paddy biehbien of the **** local community Enforcement force "
    send a message with your wallet
  • edited April 2020 PM
    So i am seeing other assassins really far away now and i think its the same for them. Is this how stealth is now? I am seeing other high rr sins from 10-15 feet away. This is not how it use to be.

Remember back in the day that if you could afford it MOS9 was top shelf? This is 50 stealth with MOS9 vs. enemy with low MOS. To expand the image R. click open in new tab. You can see just how far away you can see an enemy (most likely composite 50 stealth) with lower MOS.

Right now there is a stealth bug where a visible can flash/see enemy stealthers, unsure what's causing it.

xQl4hG6.png
    Post edited by Fateboi on
  • I actually miss mos9 being a luxury. I wish they would remove track. It was added to compensate for fast moving assassins who got that speed in stealth buff. I would much rather get rid of track and give archers the option to get mastery of magery
  • Fateboi wrote: »
    This is 50 stealth with MOS9 vs. enemy with low MOS. To expand the image R. click open in new tab. You can see just how far away you can see an enemy (most likely composite 50 stealth) with lower MOS.

xQl4hG6.png

Bro, having 50 base stealth doesn’t help you detect from a further distance.

MOS works, archer vs archer, archer vs sin. Does not work sin vs sin.

That pic is clearly is a sin vs an archer with Camo down. So no issue there at all.
  • DaRedANT wrote: »

That pic is clearly is a sin vs an archer with Camo down. So no issue there at all.

Tell me more about stealth lol
  • You only need to comp stealth at 52 if your rr5 or higher. @fateboi. The only real reason for 50 stealth is that blur ability but to be honest i would prefer my points spent elsewhere for better melee or poisons. But thats just me. You dont get anymore bonuses to detection after 52
  • edited April 2020 PM
    Realm Abilities

Mastery of Stealth makes its return and can be trained as a realm ability.
    Stealth detection mechanics and movement speed will return to pre– 1.121 mechanics.
    Composite 50 stealth once again provides maximum stealth benefits. Assassins now have a choice between raising their weapon/envenom specializations and lowering stealth spec or obtaining the stealth-specific abilities (blur, overshadow, and heightened awareness).

Source: https://darkageofcamelot.com/content/1126-live-server-patch-notes
    Post edited by Dale_Perf on
    "...the best thing to do if you disagree (or agree) isn't to ask us why (which is rhetorical)...." -John_Broadsword
    "the patch [1.127] is later this year" -Carol_Broadsword, aka "constable paddy biehbien of the **** local community Enforcement force "
    send a message with your wallet
  • edited April 2020 PM
    never heard of 52 stealth

i heard of 52 composite weapon
    Post edited by Kroko on
  • Ya'll don't need to keep arguing about what's causing stealth detection to work the way it is right now. It's been tested and I've done some more testing since that shows the same thing. Its when your character blinks that's creating issues with stealth. When going in the wild every time I've seen a stealther further away than I ought to I've messaged them asking, Did your character just blink? The answer has been unanimous with yes. Stealth is working the way it should. MOS is working the way it should. If you have hard evidence that there's something other than your character blinking creating the issue that I can try to replicate tell me. I've run it with a R5 archer and Amur at varying levels of stealth spec, MOS spec, and different zones. The only time it's not working the way it ought to is when you blink. To me the nail in the coffin with this is running over groups of stealthers and only seeing 1 initially, not the whole pile. I cannot think of anything that would be broken with stealth that would have me spot 1 out of 6+ people sometimes.
  • Get rid of camo or remedy for archers.
  • edited April 2020 PM
    Llewd wrote: »
    Get rid of camo or remedy for archers.

Why so you can be top dawg as a SIN and not fear anything? Archers die to smart Sins, not ones who want EZ mode and run around on a horse blap anyting they run over and don't even try for perf anymore. We were down this road, SIN population was retarded........
    Post edited by Helluva on
  • null

Agree 100% archers need to lose remedy.
  • DaRedANT wrote: »
    Fateboi wrote: »
    This is 50 stealth with MOS9 vs. enemy with low MOS. To expand the image R. click open in new tab. You can see just how far away you can see an enemy (most likely composite 50 stealth) with lower MOS.

xQl4hG6.png

Sin vs sin MOS doesnt work but i am seeing other assassins from long range on my nightshade.
  • The only change that should have ever been made to assassins was the new poison system so you dont need to carry 20 weapons in your bags.

• edited April 2020 PM
    DaRedANT wrote: »
    Fateboi wrote: »

xQl4hG6.png

Sin vs sin MOS doesnt work but i am seeing other assassins from long range on my nightshade.

They just dropped the revamped stealth buffs and the free MOS9 from Archers. MOS works the same as it did before, and 52 stealth doesn't make sense regardless of the grab bag.

Also composite 50 stealth is a liability right now, due to the bug that's happening with a visible who can flash a stealther.

I'd agree that they need to remove Remedy from Archers 100%, but in the interest of balance/fairness then Blur probably would need to be removed or made into an RA as well.

GL
    Post edited by Fateboi on