Classic Server and Ywain's Future

Comments

• Hellblast wrote: »
    Bad players complaining again and saying good players cheat , learn and adapt that all !!

Hehe, sure.
    And cheaters will always find and have an excuse why what they are doing is not cheating... :)
    It is part of weak human minds to search for and use exploits to dominate others.
    Strong minds will refuse to use them.

Thats simply human. I am not complaining. We all have to life with that, day by day... not only in games.

Never the less, to stay on the the post-topic.....
    A Classic-Server would give more equal chances to everyone because of the absence of the " Fancy Stuff "

Mahv
  • edited April 2020 PM
    you guys are all wrong.
    [edited]
    2. TOA blablabla....now even on Ywain server, no one uses TOA item, only use TOA skills(ML skills). Why bother TOA ? just remove all TOA contents it if does. And add crafting potion instead for ML skills like zephr, mass gate like BS made supremacy potions. those potions also would keep economy balanced since people will spend plats on it.
    3. this game is not about population but about 'TIME CONSUMING'. considering this time of era, people don't want to spend much time waiting and running in game. so the developer should make game more instant and full of live action, not the population. 1:1, 1:2, 1:3 is fine. as long as a player is easy to find enemy, meet and fight. people will play. But this game's system is too old and not fit for current population. thay's why people are leaving and play other instant games instead such as League of legends
    Post edited by Driralin on
  • edited April 2020 PM
    What gets me about the majority of the people who post about new servers and classic servers is that they obviously don’t play live.
    At this moment in time live is buzzing the new doppel quests have revitalised the small man solo game action is everywhere on map it’s never been easier to get to 50 or get decent gear.
    I have never seen so many 8 man groups out and about game is a lot of fun.
    This has coincided with the demise of the bird which is slowly dieing.
    People have realised that this is where it’s at nothing will be served by a classic sever it’s been done it died.
    People are not leaving on the contrary the population is rising let’s have some facts about the game not this constant fake news about new servers.
    Post edited by Brut on
  • Brut wrote: »
    What gets me about the majority of the people who post about new servers and classic servers is that they obviously don’t play live.
    At this moment in time live is buzzing the new doppel quests have revitalised the small man solo game action is everywhere on map it’s never been easier to get to 50 or get decent gear.
    People have realised that this is where it’s at nothing will be served by a classic sever it’s been done it died.
    People are not leaving on the contrary the population is rising let’s have some facts about the game not this constant fake news about new servers.

Ywain hasn't seen a bug fix since 1.126B patch --ON NOVEMBER 20TH- 2019--

So I guess youre right, we can close all these new server threads if this is going to the case on any Broadsword server, that we get bug fixes once every six months.

The doppel patch is nice and all, but that's about it.

I can still log in during my primetime (7:30 pm PST) and have DECENT action for about an hour then it's super dead. Plus EC restrictions still make it unplayable, which we were told was going to happen last month but didn't come.

Pop is up due to a worldwide pandemic, but not by much.

Obviously the people posting about wanting a classic/OF server don't want to be playing the TOA/LOTM/Catacombs/YWAIN/Curse/OW/NF game. Hence why they don't play here. To think that there are more subs that want to play YWAIN than a classic server is just ignorance.
    "...the best thing to do if you disagree (or agree) isn't to ask us why (which is rhetorical)...." -John_Broadsword
    "the patch [1.127] is later this year" -Carol_Broadsword, aka "constable paddy biehbien of the **** local community Enforcement force "
    send a message with your wallet
  • edited April 2020 PM
    Zero desire to play a nerfed free game. Sticking to my vow to not pay until a new server comes out. BS not un-nerfing EC accounts until new server comes out.
    It all means the same thing, to me anyway.

Those demanding a classic only server and hating the idea of actual character wipes. Do you forget that the new server isn't permanent? The rulesets will change with each iteration. It's not fair or feasabile to keep level 50's around on reset, even with no RP.
    What happens when they decide to change it to modred rules? All the new players will have level 50's running around ganking them while they try to level.

Not going to work without a full reset. Period. You want your lvl 50 toons and items? Transfer to ywain along with your rps. If you want to keep playing new server with the new rulesets, level with everyone else. (be it 2 months, or a day and a half to 50)
    Post edited by AlaskaMike on
  • AlaskaMike wrote: »
    Zero desire to play a nerfed free game. Sticking to my vow to not pay until a new server comes out. BS not un-nerfing EC accounts until new server comes out.

Those demanding a classic only server and hating the idea of actual character wipes. Do you forget that the new server isn't permanent? The rulesets will change with each iteration. It's not fair or feasabile to keep level 50's around on reset, even with no RP.
    What happens when they decide to change it to modred rules? All the new players will have level 50's running around ganking them while they try to level.

Not going to work without a full reset. Period. You want your lvl 50 toons and items? Transfer to ywain along with your rps. If you want to keep playing new server with the new rulesets, level with everyone else. (be it 2 months, or a day and a half to 50)

Personally, I would most likely quit the game if a new server came out. The way I see it is if a new server came out then a lot of the Ywain population would migrate to the new server to try it out. This would lower Ywains population and those who didn't want to do a classic or new server would quit due to low population. Then when the classic or new server "New Feeling" wore off people would try to return to Ywain and find it empty resulting in them quiting also. I see a new server as a short term cash flow for Broadsword but in the long run, it could lead to the end of the game.
  • Daelin wrote: »
    Personally, I would most likely quit the game if a new server came out. The way I see it is if a new server came out then a lot of the Ywain population would migrate to the new server to try it out. This would lower Ywains population and those who didn't want to do a classic or new server would quit due to low population. Then when the classic or new server "New Feeling" wore off people would try to return to Ywain and find it empty resulting in them quiting also. I see a new server as a short term cash flow for Broadsword but in the long run, it could lead to the end of the game.

But I dont know what the alternative should be. Population is now only up bec. of Corona. Before that it was decreasing. Decreasing from a low level. What you wanna do about that when Corona is over? I think it has been everything tried.
    What does it mean to you? I do not understand what you find so obvious and dislike so much.

AlaskaMike wrote: »
    Those demanding a classic only server and hating the idea of actual character wipes. Do you forget that the new server isn't permanent?
    Where has Broadsword stated that the new server won't be permanent?

The rulesets will change with each iteration. It's not fair or feasabile to keep level 50's around on reset, even with no RP.
    Where has Broadsword stated that the ruleset will change with each iteration?

Where has Broadsword stated they will implement PvP server ruleset on the new server?

Do you believe it would work to run the new server without complete reset if any/all of your above statements is not true?

Maybe you just don't want to play on a classic + SI + housing (and perhaps ToA) server and are afraid Ywain will lose more population if such a server was available. You might be right. I think it would draw people back to DAoC if done in a good way, Ywain might suffer but only time will tell that.
  • Brut wrote: »
    Why does this bother you? If enough people like Ywain better than a classic + SI + housing (and perhaps ToA) server Ywain will survive.
    But many that has unsubscribed, of which I am one, would return for the classic + SI + housing (and perhaps ToA) server and that would mean more money for Broadsword that would benefit the survival of the game, maybe just the new server is worth keeping alive due to population issues on Ywain, maybe just Ywain is worth keeping alive due to population issues on the new server or maybe none of the servers are worth keeping alive due to population issues, only time can tell.

Brut wrote: »
    The world pandemic has drawn people back to many games, I don't think Broadsword can build a financial future around that.

Are the people you are mentioning here the people in quaranteen that have returned to the game for lack of possibility to leave their home? I don't think you should state what their view on the situation is regarding a new server.

The classic + SI + housing ruleset did not die on it's own accord it was killed by the delevelopers by them adding new content.

You can ofcourse ignore the effects a world pandemic has had and try to convince yourself and others that the state of the population is infact growing on Ywain and that it will keep growing. I do not think you are correct though.

• edited April 2020 PM
    Daelin wrote: »

They cant open up EC restrictions unless they have guaranteed income. They cant get guarantee income unless they open a new paid only server. Once a new server opens (or probably right before), they can open the floodgates for EC accounts with zero restrictions, giving Ywain a lot more players to make up for the ones going to the new server.

Its the only long term cashflow scenario that makes any sense. The end of the game will come when the end of the game comes. You can't do nothing seeing as that always leads to a downward trend.
    Daelin wrote: »

They cant open up EC restrictions unless they have guaranteed income. They cant get guarantee income unless they open a new paid only server. Once a new server opens (or probably right before), they can open the floodgates for EC accounts with zero restrictions, giving Ywain a lot more players to make up for the ones going to the new server.

Its the only long term cashflow scenario that makes any sense. The end of the game will come when the end of the game comes. You can't do nothing seeing as that always leads to a downward trend.

0 EC restrictions on ywain and a sub server, i'll take it.
    "...the best thing to do if you disagree (or agree) isn't to ask us why (which is rhetorical)...." -John_Broadsword
    "the patch [1.127] is later this year" -Carol_Broadsword, aka "constable paddy biehbien of the **** local community Enforcement force "
  • edited April 2020 PM
    Jorma wrote: »
    What does it mean to you? I do not understand what you find so obvious and dislike so much.

Where has Broadsword stated that the new server won't be permanent?
    Where has Broadsword stated that the ruleset will change with each iteration?
    Where has Broadsword stated they will implement PvP server ruleset on the new server?

Do you believe it would work to run the new server without complete reset if any/all of your above statements is not true?

Maybe you just don't want to play on a classic + SI + housing (and perhaps ToA) server and are afraid Ywain will lose more population if such a server was available. You might be right. I think it would draw people back to DAoC if done in a good way, Ywain might suffer but only time will tell that.

It means reduced RPs. It means reduced XP. It means no buffbots. It means no potions. It means no to certain classes/races. It means no housing. It means no transferring/using of certain items. It means no use of the LGM crafters Ive spent time getting on all 3 realms. I dont understand why everyone doesnt find the nerfs to EC accounts so obviously bad for long term player retention...

Instead of answering the same question 3 times, heres 2 answers: Scroll down to the bottom for each link.
    https://darkageofcamelot.com/article/friday-grab-bag-05242019
    https://darkageofcamelot.com/article/friday-grab-bag-12132019
    (I can point out each answer but I dont think that I can do it properly, trying to avoid being tooooo much of a dick)

I do not believe you can run a new server without starting fresh with each ruleset. They've also already stated you can transfer to Ywain. (Link above). If there's no new rules, then why bother with a reset. The server becomes permanent. Permanent servers die. We've seen it with "OTHER" servers, and we've seen it with actual official servers. If they don't change, they die. Heck, if Ywain doesnt change, itll die. EC was a good step in changing it. Lets bring it home and make it completely free to play, by giving BS another revenue source.
    It means reduced RPs. It means reduced XP. It means no buffbots. It means no potions.
    For the new server I don't see this.
    For Endless Conquest accounts it might be a thing but since that doesn't interest me I am not the right person to make suggestions. Unlike the coming new server all content is available Ywain right now, you just have to pay the subscription fee. I would be very happy to have access to a DAoC server with a ruleset I find acceptable and I would gladly pay the subscription fees to play there.

It means no to certain classes/races.
    For the new server I personally don't want any classes or races included with the Catacombs expansion or later expansions.

It means no housing. It means no transferring/using of certain items. It means no use of the LGM crafters Ive spent time getting on all 3 realms. I dont understand why everyone doesnt find the nerfs to EC accounts so obviously bad for long term player retention...
    I am guessing this is all regarding Endless Conquest, might be that the things mentioned above is only regarding Endless Conquest as well. I now believe I misunderstood that part of your post completelly.

The part I misunderstood:

Things and thoughts regarding the alternate server:
    Instead of answering the same question 3 times, heres 2 answers: Scroll down to the bottom for each link.
    https://darkageofcamelot.com/article/friday-grab-bag-05242019
    https://darkageofcamelot.com/article/friday-grab-bag-12132019
    (I can point out each answer but I dont think that I can do it properly, trying to avoid being tooooo much of a dick)

I have qouted the texts I think you are referring to here:
    Are there any plans to bring a classic server back or at least one without ToA?

Yes! Once Endless Conquest has launched we’d like to introduce some alternate ruleset “progression” servers.

The first of those will be a “Classic” + Shrouded Isles + Housing server that will only progress to newer content if its player-base votes to do so.

Depending on how that server goes, we’d love to be able to introduce various other alternative ruleset servers.
    Any updates on plans for next year?

In the first quarter next year we’ll be continuing our response to Endless Conquest feedback as well as delivering numerous bug fixes and some other goodies in the form of a 1.127 update.

Afterward, our alternate server proposal will then be our major developmental focus. Our original proposal of a subscription-only ‘Classic + Shrouded Isles + Housing’ server that advances (vote-based) through DAoC’s subsequent content is still the plan. We’ll be sharing the details of that server’s ruleset, like which Frontier it will use and what other changes will be involved with it, as we get through 1.127! Depending on how this alternate server goes, we will be launching subsequent versions (perhaps with some fun variations) with a more forced progression.

With that said, Ywain will continue to be the primary long-term focus as we view it as THE game. With Endless Conquest and the ability to play for free we’ve seen a great number of returning and new players out exploring our beloved world and more importantly, endlessly battling each other in the Frontier and battlegrounds!

While alternate servers may seem like a shift away from Ywain in the short term, in the long term they will be another boon to the game as a whole and to Ywain. New and returning players alike will have a chance to start fresh on the new servers, learn or re-learn the game, gain realm rank and eventually transfer over to Ywain with their established characters, which will continue to grow Ywain’s population over time. In addition to the momentum from Endless Conquest and this future momentum from these alternate servers, we are also in the midst of an investigation into bringing DAoC onto Steam! 2020 is going to be a great year for Dark Age of Camelot and with these plans coming to fruition, there will be many more ahead!
    Seems a vote have made them think a progression server is most wanted, I believe there is more interest in a server that don't progress.
    I do not interpret the text as "It is carved in stone that the alternate server will be a progression server" and I hope that a new poll is made before a final descision is taken. Hopefully that poll will cover most of the suggestions for the alternate server that has been brought up on the forum.

I do not believe you can run a new server without starting fresh with each ruleset. They've also already stated you can transfer to Ywain. (Link above). If there's no new rules, then why bother with a reset. The server becomes permanent. Permanent servers die. We've seen it with "OTHER" servers, and we've seen it with actual official servers. If they don't change, they die. Heck, if Ywain doesnt change, itll die. EC was a good step in changing it. Lets bring it home and make it completely free to play, by giving BS another revenue source.
    I am hoping for a server with classic + SI + housing ruleset that stays in that ruleset and I believe such a server will survive Ywain. I would accept, which I have said in posts earlier, a ToA ruleset either implemented after a year or so or directly from the start.

It might be that Broadsword have already decided that it shall be a progression server, if that is the case I will not resubscribe.

I will keep voicing my opinions as long as I see a chance for a new server with an acceptable ruleset, which will not progress to far and where the characters are not going to be tranferred to Ywain.

• Write less and more people will read it, thx.
  • Jorma wrote: »
    It means reduced RPs. It means reduced XP. It means no buffbots. It means no potions.
    For the new server I don't see this.
    For Endless Conquest accounts it might be a thing but since that doesn't interest me I am not the right person to make suggestions. Unlike the coming new server all content is available Ywain right now, you just have to pay the subscription fee. I would be very happy to have access to a DAoC server with a ruleset I find acceptable and I would gladly pay the subscription fees to play there.

It means no to certain classes/races.
    For the new server I personally don't want any classes or races included with the Catacombs expansion or later expansions.

It means no housing. It means no transferring/using of certain items. It means no use of the LGM crafters Ive spent time getting on all 3 realms. I dont understand why everyone doesnt find the nerfs to EC accounts so obviously bad for long term player retention...
    I am guessing this is all regarding Endless Conquest, might be that the things mentioned above is only regarding Endless Conquest as well. I now believe I misunderstood that part of your post completelly.

The part I misunderstood:

You really misunderstood quite a lot here, showing how unaware you are of current EC restrictions that @AlaskaMike laid out for you.

• Dale_Perf wrote: »
    You really misunderstood quite a lot here, showing how unaware you are of current EC restrictions that @AlaskaMike laid out for you.
    Indeed i did misunderstand alot.

Since I do not at all care about Endless Conquest and playing on the Ywain server ruleset I treated the entire thread by AlaskaMike as concerning the new server.

That was a mistake by me and it led to unesserary questions and explanations.

• edited April 2020 PM
    Stop asking for a classic server if you dont play on lives . The classic are so boring and so slooooww and not enough skills , playing with one bar of abilities are boring as hell .
    Post edited by Hellblast on
  • Hellblast wrote: »
    Stop asking for a classic server if you dont play on lives . The classic are so boring and so slooooww and not enough skills , playing with one bar of abilities are boring as hell .

"Stop asking for something you want unless you're doing something you don't want" mentality isn't how players come back. I play live and I would like a progression server.
  • Perfect , i dont want these kind of server for my part .
  • I pay for live, buy and sell GTCs, and buy mithril packs. I want a classic server with original New Frontiers, and no catacomb classes or maulers.

I'd prefer no wipes, no transfers... Realm Rank resets would be ok per season or expansion progression or whatever.

/shrug
  • edited April 2020 PM
    ^|_|^
    Post edited by Kroko on
  • Yeah yeah...were talking again in 2022 then. Broadsword is missing opportunity after opportunity. But hey.. at least you guys got ugly transmog masks and stuff...holy sht.
  • what this guy talking about?
  • So I have played on and off since launch. I came back 4 days since leaving when Lamorak closed. I notice the UI has not changed much .

We still have 3 visible hot-bars and what seems like 3 X the amount of abilities then when I left. I would still like to see the ability to swap shift with alt or ctrl. no reason alt or ctrl couldn't perform all the functions that shift does in its stead.

Ok so new server type hu ? Well I would love to see a server without ML's or CL's . They add more abilities to the game then anyone should ever have to juggle. And since originally quit daoc when TOA came out and then again when Lamorak ended , I am obviously partial to not having TOA stuffs. It makes this old game far busier then it needs to be.

in closing, TOA if memory serves . Was the biggest mistake in DAOC history . I hope folks remember this fact. And I hope BS remembers this when they launch a new server type..

TY
  • edited April 2020 PM
    Can someone at BS give us categorical answers? Are you working on a classic server and when (roughly) do you think it will be ready?

No PR speak, just honest answers please.

The evidence that one would be popular is alarmingly clear...just look at the population numbers...
    Post edited by Astaa on
  • They said they are working on it and give more information with the upcoming patch.
  • Papakoko wrote: »
    So I have played on and off since launch. I came back 4 days since leaving when Lamorak closed. I notice the UI has not changed much .

We still have 3 visible hot-bars and what seems like 3 X the amount of abilities then when I left. I would still like to see the ability to swap shift with alt or ctrl. no reason alt or ctrl couldn't perform all the functions that shift does in its stead.

Ok so new server type hu ? Well I would love to see a server without ML's or CL's . They add more abilities to the game then anyone should ever have to juggle. And since originally quit daoc when TOA came out and then again when Lamorak ended , I am obviously partial to not having TOA stuffs. It makes this old game far busier then it needs to be.

in closing, TOA if memory serves . Was the biggest mistake in DAOC history . I hope folks remember this fact. And I hope BS remembers this when they launch a new server type..

TY

You are right Papakoko about ToA.

Unfortunately there are some folks here who keep trying to put out fake news by using the reference of "Death of a game: Dark Age of Camelot" YouTube video, which the narrator mistakenly points out that for the first 2-3 months after the advent of ToA, that Subs went up, and that it was not ToA, but Wow that killed DAoC.

Again, problem with that analysis was this: the narrator didn't take into account that most people don't pay month to month a game like this. It is cheaper to do multiple months, even 6 months - 1 year. It was about 9-10 months AFTER ToA came out was when WoW hit the market. When WoW hit the market, Nearly all of us at the time tried it out, like it, and canceled our DAoC accounts... which, as you guessed, were NOT monthly subscriptions. They were the extended time subscriptions.

Which means this:

ToA ticked off the majority of the players. However, we had nothing else at the time for us to check out. 9 months later, here's WoW... WoW being new and interesting enough for us to cancel our DAoC accounts.
    Also, in case you Ywain supporters don't understand this fact, US long term previously LOYAL customers (not the fly-by-night 1 month sub'ers) sent the message: We are NOT paying for nor playing ToA anymore.

And in case you guys didn't understand the proof to that... then why in the world did EA/Mythic bring back classic 18 months after that? And in doing so, brought back from WoW near the same numbers that unsubscribed?

Funny how the "Death of a game: Dark Age of Camelot" narrator forgot to mention that point eh?

Long story short -- Classic+ SI ruleset was definitely the bread and butter for this game. Taking that away twice was the real reason for the vast decrease in population here.
    "And that's the Bottom line. Cause Stone Cold Griff said so!".
  • Kroko wrote: »
    They said they are working on it and give more information with the upcoming patch.

They said it would be March, couldn't they at least give us their new server outline even if the coding/framework on the patch isn't done yet?
  • Well, its not so easy to develop a new server. If they want to have success, they need to find a good solution for it, keeping all the feedback in mind.
    I personally dont mind whether they need 1 month longer for it or not.
  • edited April 2020 PM
    I honestly liked toa. What I don't like is the 60billion item uses and timer charge rotation that's happening now. Shapechange/buff proc to have a couple items switching every 5 minutes, sure. Take that, times 4, add in 62 different type of heal potions. Nah. I'm out.

I'll even take pure classic rules to that nonsense.
    Hell, I'll even take the dang portal ceremony over chargeapalooza.

Edit: Not that it wasn't potentially a good idea, but like damn. I actively play 20ish toons in rvr, and having to learn the separate abolity/charges to have on all those different templates? That's why I stopped. F that noise. If I was like Hero and could play the saaaaaaaame class day in day out, I'd have just 'get gud' and lived with it....
  • was wondering why classic closed down----

was it due to the three servers being merged thus allowing realm hopping ....

and why were the three classic servers merged, i remember having a different realm on each one :)
  • 47el wrote: »
    was wondering why classic closed down----

was it due to the three servers being merged thus allowing realm hopping ....

and why were the three classic servers merged, i remember having a different realm on each one :)

It was due to the low population basically.

Just goes to show you that Ywain most likely CANNOT co-exist unless Classic+SI server is done on a limited basis. i.e. Season or ladder type of server.

They will NEVER gut Ywain for a "Classic" server just because people subjectively state they will support it. Therefore it makes sense to do a Classic/SI server on a rotational or limited basis like season or ladder style of gameplay.

GL
  • ^exactly.

Also repeatedly doing the exact same thing will get old. So now you have to add alternate ruleset. Like mordred, weird mord/gaheris combo, ywain but without stealthers, who knows what else....
  • what about a pvp server like the old Mordred but you can port there from any ywain server. be able to form grps before or after you port in. This will solve many problems like 8 man being zerged in frontiers or EV, won't have to level again. If it is dead on 1 server you can just port back to main Ywain server.

A empty TOA zone would be perfect with no mobs. It is very big.

• (sry bad english)

The only way I would possibly play on such a "seasonal server" is when you are NOT forced on ywain after the
    season ends.This should be optional. Its like deleting your toon because in no way i would play ywain. Thats totaly out of question. The best of that abomination is molvik at the max.

And i think the most that want to play classic dont want to start new like every 6 months. Its all about starting on a fresh server...get that realm pride feeling back that the other server totaly fu..d up and play more than 1 account.
    Also i want to play original. Not on a pirate server. (some QOL are great though just look them up and use them here too). I want to support the real game when it comes to classic daoc. I never understood why broadsword just didnt banhammer the other servers like blizzard did. I hope this happens when the own server opens. The best way to make money is to monopolize. You could reduce the sub fee after that too to get more people in (like from 15 to 10$)

The better way would be to implement the addons like wow classic does right now. Start with classic...release housing after 3 months...df after 6 months...after that si...maybe without the epic dungeons at first and open them later...and so on. There are enough ways to milk the cow. You could also expand on classic and add stuff like homeland invasion events and so on. Add transmogs to classic for mithril and so on.

Just my thoughts
  • Broadsword doesn't have the resources that Blizzard has so don't expect a new classic server to be polished. My bet is it will be a simple patch rollback (assuming they have that patch level anymore).
  • @Dreadone if the season/ladder never ended than Ywain would be an actual ghost town.

They won’t gut Ywain for a subjective “maybe I’d play this” Old Frontiers.

Therefore it makes sense to stick with a tried and true method that has been proven by games like D3 or Path of Exile.

If Ywain is to survive and thrive then it will depend on dumping (auto transferring) Season characters back into Ywain.

GL
  • @Fateboi the only issue I see with the games you are referencing is that they are not MMOs. I never played PoE, but D3 only has a group cap of 4 players, trading doesn't exist, etc. So even if the overall population of the game was crappy, it would be difficult to see.

However, daoc 100% relies on population. Specific rulesets generate more or less population, and if the new server does not attract substancial incrementing population (and we only see Ywain players swapping servers) than the game is dead.
  • edited May 2020 PM
    Fateboi wrote: »
    @Dreadone if the season/ladder never ended than Ywain would be an actual ghost town.

They won’t gut Ywain for a subjective “maybe I’d play this” Old Frontiers.

Therefore it makes sense to stick with a tried and true method that has been proven by games like D3 or Path of Exile.

If Ywain is to survive and thrive then it will depend on dumping (auto transferring) Season characters back into Ywain.

GL

There must be a a middle way. When they are going to reset char lvl and rr there should be an account bank that you at least take your money to the next season. There must be something that "isnt lost". And when its only something like coin and your house.

Its an MMO like Shoke said. Leveling your toon over and over again is no fun for the most players. just to keep them subbed. That wont work. This wont attract anyone. Its plain bullsht.

Thats only a "playground" for the ywain guys but not for the rest of us!

Yes i understand that a stalemate version of a game gets boring after a year or so. Thats why you have to expand on the game like that "bird server" does. Add events and features that doesnt effect player power like stat caps and so on. At least nothing that gets mandatory to compete.Make relics relevant. No welfare rps. No rr10 after a month. my main was a little 5l7 ranger on eu avalon and i cant remember a time to get more than 200 to 400 rps for a solokill. Let players work for their rr. This is not world of warcraft where everyone must get everything for zero effort just because of the 13$ a month.
    Post edited by Dreadone on
  • I started playing this game on a Classic server. It died and was merged into Ywain TOA ruleset.

Not sure why everyone is so excited about an idea that has already failed.
  • stewbeedoo wrote: »
    I started playing this game on a Classic server. It died and was merged into Ywain TOA ruleset.

It's the "That was then and it'll be different now" mentality. I don't think people take into account lack of development whether it be quantity or quality.
  • stewbeedoo wrote: »
    I started playing this game on a Classic server. It died and was merged into Ywain TOA ruleset.

Same I played classic and I had to create characters on diff servers in order to dabble in the other realms. After they merged into the cluster they closed it due to the lack of population after awhile. Needless to say Vamps and the self buffing classes had a significant advantage.

I'm fairly certain it has already been stated publicly that they will not jeopardize Ywain period; especially based on forum posts stating subjective "support".
  • I really don't understand why it's not obvious.... Ywain population will boom once they make EC accounts fully unrestricted. They (BS) can do that only after assuring a revenue stream of the new server. You can only keep said revenue stream if people don't get bored of the same old same old and quit. A good way to do this is "seasons". Whether they last 6 months or 16.... Once pop drops below a certain point, you have to do a wipe (merge) and restart. We've seen it over and over with largelely identical rulsesets, huge pupulation gains after new server opens, eventual decline, start new server, huge population, rinse repeat.
  • So is this happening or naw?
  • edited May 2020 PM
    @UncleMurda after 1.127 patch, which is running on 2 months late. So don't expect that server in the next 12-18 months.
    Post edited by Shoke on
  • Yea, a update would be cool
  • kaosfury wrote: »
    Yea, a update would be cool

This!
  • edited June 2020 PM
    Patch should come in march. Now we have end of june soon.
    They said new server towards end of the year. So, new server towards end of NEXT year is a good guess. ^^
    Im being serious!
    Post edited by Kroko on