How is this Corona Virus (Covid-19) Effecting You?

Comments

• well I have to read about it here so there's that
    "...the best thing to do if you disagree (or agree) isn't to ask us why (which is rhetorical)...." -John_Broadsword
    "the patch [1.127] is later this year" -Carol_Broadsword, aka "constable paddy biehbien of the **** local community Enforcement force "
    send a message with your wallet
  • I work for a global power management company that has to stay open and usually travel every week but i am now working from home full time. Its good and bad. Good i get to spend more time with my fiancé since we both travel alot for work and the dogs love it. On the flip side nothing is open and i get crazy sitting inside all day so we workout in the am and walk in the afternoon. Still its a complete adjustment for us but we doing well.
  • I'm an "essential" employee so I get to go to an empty work place and get paid
  • They have shut all the pubs so I’m drinking bottled doom bar plus I’m using dot leaves to wipe my ass but hey it’s the zombie apocalypse what do u expect stay safe Daocers
  • edited March 2020 PM
    Lots of shopping, thinking about shopping, making lists about shopping, reading about shopping, planning shopping

2wm395orizbb.jpg

.... and then I think about the days of joining others at the local bar :)
    ku069arle2r2.jpg
    Post edited by Siambra on
    Bumblebunny to the rescue !
  • Omg @Dale_Perf, your the hero we need, or deserve, or something something.

I am going mental with all the damn emails though.... No, I don't need to know how my car insurance, and dentist, and book club, and, and, and, and..... Are dealing with it in the exact same frikkin PC ceo talk that says nothing...

Whew, sorry guys. Have been botlling that up for a while now. Ever since my therapist sent me that email about how my next anger management session would be affected by covid, and what the proper steps were, and, and.......

Basically my entire life now is the Picard face-palm meme.

But yeah, essential business, get paid to sit at work on my phone reading emails from reddit ceo about how covid is affecting us all and the proper steps for........
  • Simply utilize the "Herorius" approach: 1. sleep 2. eat. 3. use the toilet 4. play darkageofcamelot
  • I'm a Contractor in San Diego County. They closed down the whole state when there was 60 cases in our country. Seems extreme, but guess this bug really contagious. The grocery store where I lived thurs still had lots of goods in store. Think the dry good were empty. But had the essentials. I don't horde anything, and just use what we normally use. Lines in costco are all across the front of the store and lines in most stores I have seen. I worked fri and Gas, Food, HD and Lowes open. Most everything else closed. Pretty freaky when you drive on the freeways in SoCal at traffic time and it's empty.
    HERE'S A LIVE UPDATED STREAM ON VIRUS:
  • AlaskaMike wrote: »
    Omg @Dale_Perf, your the hero we need, or deserve, or something something.

I am going mental with all the damn emails though.... No, I don't need to know how my car insurance, and dentist, and book club, and, and, and, and..... Are dealing with it in the exact same frikkin PC ceo talk that says nothing...

Whew, sorry guys. Have been botlling that up for a while now. Ever since my therapist sent me that email about how my next anger management session would be affected by covid, and what the proper steps were, and, and.......

But yeah, essential business, get paid to sit at work on my phone reading emails from reddit ceo about how covid is affecting us all and the proper steps for........

Carol is the voice of reason through difficult times. Just PM her and she will sooth your stress.After all.... how many Patches has she been thru here. :P
  • AlaskaMike wrote: »
    Omg @Dale_Perf, your the hero we need, or deserve, or something something.

Carol is the voice of reason through difficult times. Just PM her and she will sooth your stress.After all.... how many Patches has she been thru here. :P

Don't ask too many questions though
    "...the best thing to do if you disagree (or agree) isn't to ask us why (which is rhetorical)...." -John_Broadsword
    "the patch [1.127] is later this year" -Carol_Broadsword, aka "constable paddy biehbien of the **** local community Enforcement force "
  • How is it affecting... Think of Nero fiddling while Rome burns
  • Hope everyone's staying safe <3
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • I was safe as hell until patars mids found me.
  • at home pending testing results. testing/treating covid patients. had exposure to positive patient. cold symptoms 5 days later. tested, symptoms gone. rotting at home playing daoc...
  • minimal exposure to positive patient, but on home quarantine until I get results, which I hope are negative. if positive, then im home for 2 weeks. grrr.
  • Think of it as an innoculation.
  • Super busy. The problem isn't the amount of work, it's getting paid by our customers. Many businesses are shutting down or being forced to work from home and don't have the income to pay for services.
  • I'm a destination Wedding Photographer so to say this has hurt business is an understatement. I've had 4 weddings cancel so far and 3 others postpone to next year. Luckily airlines are being almost human and refunding money for my flights. Hotels on the other hand are being terds. This summer I have lost out on Iceland, Joshua Tree and Edinburgh weddings. I can only hope my whole season isn't canceled or I'll be swimming to Ireland to see if I can live with Beibs.
  • I'm a destination Wedding Photographer so to say this has hurt business is an understatement. I've had 4 weddings cancel so far and 3 others postpone to next year. Luckily airlines are being almost human and refunding money for my flights. Hotels on the other hand are being terds. This summer I have lost out on Iceland, Joshua Tree and Edinburgh weddings. I can only hope my whole season isn't canceled or I'll be swimming to Ireland to see if I can live with Beibs.

Um... Why wouldn't you have planned to swim to Beibs even if this hadn't happened????? /Swoon
  • Luckily while we are now in shelter at home mode, we can get pre-mixed drinks and alcohol delivered.

sngwkak3x2y0.jpg
    Bumblebunny to the rescue !
  • Still waiting on some type of bonuses to attract more players during a worldwide pandemic and stay at home orders.

• Everything but essential businesses are shut down, schools shut down, playgrounds too. Health departments are forbidding large gatherings of 10 or more people. It's very frightening to hear of hotels being used for hospitals because there's no more room (and I'm concerned about lack of medical professionals too), and I'm hearing on the news they are opening up "temporary" morgues in places (not in my state, I think it was New York?) National Guard is being utilized in several states. Many states are recommending that everyone just STAY HOME; in order to slow the spread of the virus and help prevent hospitals from becoming overwhelmed. I've been doing that for a couple of weeks already, only leaving to go to work or buy groceries. There is a definite lack of toilet paper among other things. 5ps1g1cwuicy.gif
  • i can't say it has much effect on me. bars being closed during all this time is annoying, yes, lol. i'm getting a bit bored.
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • I'm an essential employee in NYC the epicenter of the virus in the states. I cannot take leave at work or there will not be garaunteed employment for my return. The city is empty and clean. Traffic is a breeze. But the danger is real. Moving from building to building and moving around in dirty contaminated elevators and buildings really sucks. Im contemplating buying a tent to go live in the woods for a while. Good luck and be safe everyone. Even you turdhead @Sepphiroth75
  • I'm a concert photographer so I have been out of business for a month. I take photos for a mid size venue in Kansas City as well as for a website so it's dire straits for me.
    Realm hopper extraordinaire

https://www.daocutils.com/chimp/respen