Returning assassin lost and helpless

I'm an old dog. I can't find where to get an up to date template. For an infiltrator is thrust still any good? If anyone can guide me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• https://www.daocutils.com/templates - spend some time on this site to look up some templates. A thrust inf would probably still be viable if you can find/make a template for it. I hear it's more difficult, and you'll still want to be able to use Leggys
  • Daocutils is great but you won't find any Thrust templates there. Only Thrust versions you will find are using Leggys. Thrust is much harder to make a solid template with, and Alb Thrusters are sub-par in comparison to Slash options. With that being said I still play my Inf as Thrust and I love it. It's neutral vs all Hibs and since they rule the Server it's a good option. SB/Hunters you just need to swap out to leggys and you get a bonus vs Mid chain. I tried for weeks to make a solid temp using AMF but just could not make it work if I wanted to also have +11 to Thrust/DW/CS and Stealth. Much easier if you run 50 Stealth as it opens up a huge amount of options for a Thruster.
  • Thank you for the info
  • Armagedden wrote: »
    https://www.daocutils.com/templates - spend some time on this site to look up some templates. A thrust inf would probably still be viable if you can find/make a template for it. I hear it's more difficult, and you'll still want to be able to use Leggys

on the topic of lost Assassin...
    Seems i screwed up my SB with not speccing any MoS.
    Is it possible for someone to explain for what i need MoS ? Just speed in Stealth ? or more ?
    The Tooltip says that this only gets active after a kill-blow on an enemy. Is that true ?

And as a sidenote...
    How to respec ?
    The damn NPC always tells me that i am not allowed to respec...
    How to correct my mistake then ?

Please advise.

Mahv
  • You need MoS for better stealth, so that other people can't see you from 10miles away.
    So, if you get hit out of stealth often, it is because you didnt spec MoS.
    Before the last patch this wasn't necessary, now they changed it.

If your free respecs are gone, you have to buy a respec stone, in housing for example. They are not expensive.
    There are respec stones for skills (called "exerpise") and for RAs ("exeregum"). You use them and then go to your trainer.
  • Kroko wrote: »
    You need MoS for better stealth, so that other people can't see you from 10miles away.

If your free respecs are gone, you have to buy a respec stone, in housing for example. They are not expensive.
    There are respec stones for skills (called "exerpise") and for RAs ("exeregum"). You use them and then go to your trainer.

I had a look at the stones in the housing-zone.
    They all say that an EC-Account can not use them? Is that true ?
    That would mean the Char is gimped until i pay... ?

Another question...
    To me the free gear from the Kings-Room seems pretty good.
    All skills have the +Effect at max.
    All resistances at about 30%.
    But everybody say that this gear is not good...

So what is the cap now of all that stats ?
    Resis ? +HP? Const? Str? etc... .....

Please advise.

Mahv
  • Mahvash wrote: »

lol really? They are funny. Prob you can buy one with mithril...
    I dont know if there is another way.
    Another question...
    To me the free gear from the Kings-Room seems pretty good.
    All skills have the +Effect at max.
    All resistances at about 30%.
    But everybody say that this gear is not good...

So what is the cap now of all that stats ?
    Resis ? +HP? Const? Str? etc... .....

The new kings gear is pretty good yes. Stats, skills, resists are quite good.
    Caps are:
    const, str, ... +127
    resists 26
    Skills +11
    For other caps see daocutils.com. ToA bonuses are not capped through kings gear.

You dont have charges on kings gear though, which makes quite a difference.

It is not everything capped, so it is still worth to make a template.

The old kings gear was crap, thats maybe why people still say, its not good.

Kroko wrote: »
    You need MoS for better stealth, so that other people can't see you from 10miles away.

Mahv

You should have some free respecs available to you, you can see this by typing /respec. If you have none, trying buying (with plats/gold) a single line respec w/ /respec buy. If neither of those are viable, pretty sure you can only use the $$ shop. @Carol_Broadsword @John_Broadsword bit of a flaw in the F2P system if they cannot even respec their characters without pulling out their checkbook...

"...the best thing to do if you disagree (or agree) isn't to ask us why (which is rhetorical)...." -John_Broadsword
    "the patch [1.127] is later this year" -Carol_Broadsword, aka "constable paddy biehbien of the **** local community Enforcement force "
    send a message with your wallet
  • Dale_Perf wrote: »
    Mahvash wrote: »
    Kroko wrote: »

Mahv

You should have some free respecs available to you, you can see this by typing /respec. If you have none, trying buying (with plats/gold) a single line respec w/ /respec buy. If neither of those are viable, pretty sure you can only use the $$ shop. @Carol_Broadsword @John_Broadsword bit of a flaw in the F2P system if they cannot even respec their characters without pulling out their checkbook...

Thanks for the answer.
    Solved the problem in the meanwhile.
    Had some old stones in the inventory.
    Took a while to figure how to use but finally worked.
    RA and Skill is now on a usable level.

And . yes, man what a difference with MoS.
    Now i can see those damn archers from miles away... very nice . :)
    But if thinking about it, its kind of an Epic-Flaw... Have to spend more than half my RP just to be what the character is supposed to be anyway.. ??? Strange.... But like usual, no complains. Somebody seems to think it is good.

Now another question.
    I spend the whole weekend farming BP to get some good pieces through Bountycraft.
    After created a few and equiped them i realized that, at a certain point, there is no benefit anymore...
    Is there a hidden wall for SC-Accounts ?? Like with buffing ??

Please advise.

Kind Regards,

Mahv
  • Question,

is Pendragons Ring rechargeable?

Mahv