Realm PBAE Discussion

@Broadsword Why not Re-add a snare component ONLY to the level 50 Warlock PBAE spell and one to the Necro highest PBAE spell (still lower delve). Mid only has two pbae classes and are underperforming in keep defense. Albs are mostly running Ice wizards but adding a snare component to a lower delve necro class could possibly even the playing field to Hibernia. I'm proposing adding a snare component to make pbae mean something in a realm other than Hibernia (which is still doing well compared to other realms as their pbae specs are more prevalent).

Comments

• Why does alb need a snare they have tics
  • @scerff True, Alb does have tics. I am just opening a discussion to see if anything can be done to make pbae classes more attractive to play on realms other than Hibernia. Even if no changes are implemented, it could be a good topic for discussion.
  • I support discussion about PBAOE! Surviving some of those spinning fire, ice, bolt things always leaves me rattled. I know the King of the Muys has a strong opinion :)

9bue7b73rkt0.png
    Bumblebunny to the rescue !
  • They should up the damage and time on a bone dancers damage totem, that'd really balance the pbaoe out lol
    Asatruar - Ronnie 10 "
    Corpseshovel - Oldstanky - Nogvi

The reason people hate to PvP is they are afraid of failure
  • edited March 2020 PM
    Well if it's debuff you could run a body sorc and mind sorc friar cleric 4 ice wiz on alb and still have a viable open field debuff train, still get 2 pets from the sorcs at least, as for mid you could run Aug/pac/sham 1 dark sm 4 sup am and debuff spirit, 5 pets. I think the alb group could be very strong in the open with bolt range ae root and mezz, debuff cold for wizzies 4 209 cold nukes with extra 10% debuff, aoe disease ect. You could do the same setup with cabbies and debuff matter if you want and have 4 pets, could even do 5 cabs if you wanted have one spec spirit and run body debuff train with the 179 delve LT and have 6 pets. I don't think it's the argument that the other realms are weaker I think they're just not doing it.
    Post edited by scerff on
  • BS needs to DRASTICALLY adres balance.

midgard wasn't able to do the ghost keep ONCE during EU prime time. i wonder how much times hero did it.

the uneven distribution of pbaoe love between realms just made the in-balance even more profound. hero outnumbers the mid bg 2 to 1, 95+ % of the time, mid has underpop bonus 95 % of the time. mid bg probably hasn't won from another BG in open field in the last two weeks. only chance for mid bg to win a bg vs bg fight is in a keep WHEN irc is on mid. otherwise forget it, not even worth defending.

and the love for pbaoe on warlocks is a joke, a warlock who specs 50 curse does less damage than a warlock who specs 49 curse with uninterruptible pbaoe due to the mechanics of the uninterruptible primer. it's the savages all over again with the climb walls.
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • I think he's saying 50 curse is not worth it on a 1.0 spec class, even if your pbaoe gets a snare. It's an entirely different animal than necro where 50 gives you awesomeness.
  • I'm sure you can expect more PBAOE tweaks sometime in 2021.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • Muylae wrote: »
    BS needs to DRASTICALLY adres balance.

midgard wasn't able to do the ghost keep ONCE during EU prime time. i wonder how much times hero did it.

the uneven distribution of pbaoe love between realms just made the in-balance even more profound. hero outnumbers the mid bg 2 to 1, 95+ % of the time, mid has underpop bonus 95 % of the time. mid bg probably hasn't won from another BG in open field in the last two weeks. only chance for mid bg to win a bg vs bg fight is in a keep WHEN irc is on mid. otherwise forget it, not even worth defending.

and the love for pbaoe on warlocks is a joke, a warlock who specs 50 curse does less damage than a warlock who specs 49 curse with uninterruptible pbaoe due to the mechanics of the uninterruptible primer. it's the savages all over again with the climb walls.

You ever thought about speccing moc ? i do it on my necro as well so i have 2 mocs and i can use the rr5 to boost damage.

• one of the things that is
    Gaen wrote: »
    Muylae wrote: »

You ever thought about speccing moc ? i do it on my necro as well so i have 2 mocs and i can use the rr5 to boost damage.

with the way the warlock is constructed with only one base line spell line, a warlock doesn't get much benefit from other speclines outside of his main line. warlocks are extremely specialized in their main line. realistically, you have your specline and then you choose a secondary line to get the first chamber and primers from that line. you get like zero benefit outside of that from your secondary line. the primer from hexing (the uninterruptible one) has been BADLY nerfed in the past and now for a lousy increase in damage compared to what the other pbaoe classes get you lose the level 22 uninterruptible primer from hexing and have to use the lower level one which means far greater power use and even further reduction in damage. so to get the higher delve spell, you have to use more power (oop in 3 spells) to do equal damage as before because the reduction in damage from using the lower level primer negates the higher delve.

the whole point about warlocks is that they can avoid having moc because (in case of curse) the have a spec line bolt, a NS and a pbaoe which they can use uninterruptible, at extremely high power cost with less damage than max spec moc. if warlocks have to spec moc, BS will need to improve the class drastically in other regards to keep it up to par with other classes. warlock damage from range is meh at best compared to the other pbaoe classes or the other pbaoe classes have way more utility and tools.
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.

the whole point about warlocks is that they can avoid having moc because (in case of curse) the have a spec line bolt, a NS and a pbaoe which they can use uninterruptible, at extremely high power cost with less damage than max spec moc. if warlocks have to spec moc, BS will need to improve the class drastically in other regards to keep it up to par with other classes. warlock damage from range is meh at best compared to the other pbaoe classes or the other pbaoe classes have way more utility and tools.

Soooo you don't spec moc because you a nerfed version for free? doesn't sound like the brightest idea.
    "...the best thing to do if you disagree (or agree) isn't to ask us why (which is rhetorical)...." -John_Broadsword
    "the patch [1.127] is later this year" -Carol_Broadsword, aka "constable paddy biehbien of the **** local community Enforcement force "
    send a message with your wallet
  • Dale_Perf wrote: »

Soooo you don't spec moc because you a nerfed version for free? doesn't sound like the brightest idea.

Anytime MoC is more useful than every 10 minutes. They can offset the mitigated damage by spending those 30RSPs between MoM, AA, and WP. Granted, you probably only need it up every 10 minutes based on the action in today's game. ;)
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • Tyrantanic wrote: »
    Dale_Perf wrote: »

Anytime MoC is more useful than every 10 minutes. They can offset the mitigated damage by spending those 30RSPs between MoM, AA, and WP. Granted, you probably only need it up every 10 minutes based on the action in today's game. ;)

We know Muy is rr11/12/13+ w/e it is. At that rate there is no reason not to have two MOC's.
    "...the best thing to do if you disagree (or agree) isn't to ask us why (which is rhetorical)...." -John_Broadsword
    "the patch [1.127] is later this year" -Carol_Broadsword, aka "constable paddy biehbien of the **** local community Enforcement force "
    send a message with your wallet
    one of the things that is
    Gaen wrote: »

with the way the warlock is constructed with only one base line spell line, a warlock doesn't get much benefit from other speclines outside of his main line. warlocks are extremely specialized in their main line. realistically, you have your specline and then you choose a secondary line to get the first chamber and primers from that line. you get like zero benefit outside of that from your secondary line. the primer from hexing (the uninterruptible one) has been BADLY nerfed in the past and now for a lousy increase in damage compared to what the other pbaoe classes get you lose the level 22 uninterruptible primer from hexing and have to use the lower level one which means far greater power use and even further reduction in damage. so to get the higher delve spell, you have to use more power (oop in 3 spells) to do equal damage as before because the reduction in damage from using the lower level primer negates the higher delve.

However this dosnt stop the fact that you could spec moc just like i do on my necro to have a better version of the free one for when you need it and to use it with the higher delve pbaoe.
  • Necro PBAE is garbageeeeeeeeeee
  • two things,

1) the uninterrupted primer is not a moc. it only affects some spells.

2) why is the level 50 warlock pbaoe spell 50 points in delve lower than the other level 50 pbaoe spells ?
  • Maybe because warlock are already super strong !!
  • This guy just wants locks to be able to chamber dump again and 1 shot people like locks used to lol. Or have 425 delve pbae uninterruptible and moc5. Speccing 50 has its sacrifices for the higher pbae.. that's the point. Ex- my SG Bain has to go 50 to get the snare component added to the highest delve cone, as well as the sound vortex turret therefore I don't get demezz. Have to sacrifice somewhere to gain elseware
    Also not for nothing but the 199 delve nuke in cursing is better then a 179 baseline Mana chanters use. Plus if you have 5 locks in a grp for a bomber setup you could shoot 5 bolts at a target.

But you know QQ buff my class wah wah
  • scerff wrote: »
    a) This guy just wants locks to be able to chamber dump again and 1 shot people like locks used to lol. b) Or have 425 delve pbae uninterruptible and moc5. c) Speccing 50 has its sacrifices for the higher pbae.. that's the point. Ex- my SG Bain has to go 50 to get the snare component added to the highest delve cone, as well as the sound vortex turret therefore I don't get demezz. Have to sacrifice somewhere to gain elseware
    d) Also not for nothing but the 199 delve nuke in cursing is better then a 179 baseline Mana chanters use. e) Plus if you have 5 locks in a grp for a bomber setup you could shoot 5 bolts at a target.

But you know QQ buff my class wah wah

a) warlocks when they first came out were outright retarded, agree. i only made a warlock AFTER the big change to warlocks, so my only experience with the initial version of warlocks was the retarded, i slam my head in the keyboard, and laugh at my dead target(s) version, was on the receiving end when i played albion.

i am not asking for that.

b) the level 22 uninterruptible primer does 65 % damage and costs 25 % power for each cast. not exactly moc 5 is it ? the level 50 pbaoe spell does 365, but the uninterruptible primer you get than does 60 % damage and cost 32 % power. how does this compare to 75 % of 425 delve for 30 seconds with a real moc 5 ? even if warlocks would spec moc 5, it would still be 75 % of 365 compared to 75% of 425. and it would leave the warlock with almost nothing from secondary spec due to no baselines in the secondary.

c) yeah, but warlocks seem to lose more than other classes with going for 50.

d) you want to compare a 199 delve on a warlock with a chanter with a 179 with stun and heat debuff ? yeah, a chanter who goes from 48 mana to 50 mana will drop his light spec from 24 to 20 and have a bit more variance on his nuke, but will still do more damage and has the synergy with eldritches and mentalists who can also benefit from the heat debuff. no synergy whatsoever for warlock + any other class that is comparable.

e) oh and 5 wizards or 5 whatever can't shoot 5 bolts at a target ?

--

you honestly think that a mid group with a combination of 3 pbaoe spec warlocks/SMs is in the same league as a hib group with 3 mana/light chanters/eldritches when it comes to both pbaoe and ranged damage ?

• IDK I'm not really into running bomb grps tbh, pretty fotm. I probably would run SMs on mid though, 4 sup 1 dark. If you want locks run a RC rm and debuff matter
  • scerff wrote: »
    IDK I'm not really into running bomb grps tbh, pretty fotm. I probably would run SMs on mid though, 4 sup 1 dark. If you want locks run a RC rm and debuff matter

what group setup do you normally run on hib :)
  • Sorry group setups and tactics are trademarked and copyrighted
  • edited March 2020 PM
    I agree with Muy.Plus I think it would be useful if Bonedancers got a pulsing spirit totem and a pulsing energy totem in suppression and bone army like the one in the darkness line.
    Post edited by Pleazing on
    Asatruar - Ronnie 10 "
    Corpseshovel - Oldstanky - Nogvi

The reason people hate to PvP is they are afraid of failure