St Patrick's Day Event and Endless Conquest Announcement

Endless Conquest
  • As of this posting, the 180 day account inactivity restriction for Endless Conquest eligibility has been reduced to 120 days.
    • This reduction aligns with the house repossession timer due to account inactivity which will be re-enabled in the upcoming 1.127 Patch.
    • Accounts that are already past the 120 day mark are now automatically eligible to play for free as an Endless Conquest account!
    • Accounts that have recently gone inactive will now only need to wait for the remainder of the new 120 day threshold to be eligible.
Players interested in coming back to Dark Age of Camelot should visit our Endless Conquest FAQ and Features Table pages!

St. Patrick's Day Event

Are you feeling lucky?

In celebration of St. Patrick's Day and running from now until Wednesday, March 18th, a random-object-generated (ROG) reward awaits those that can complete the annual 'Leprechaun Treasure' quest. One quest completion per character, per year!

To get the quest, level 50s should pay the following poor souls a consoling visit:

Edmund in Cotswold's tavern
Bjorne in Mularn's beer hall
Silvadren in Mag Mell's pub

• As part of the quest, players will be shapeshifted into a realm-specific "leprechaun" but have ALL of their stats debuffed by 75%.
  • But fear not, leprechauns may be weak but they are also nigh impossible to catch: shapeshifted players will also have an unbreakable CC-immunity and speed buff for the duration of the shapeshift.
  • Oh, and we hear the real leprechauns love hiding their treasure around the mazes areas of each realm. Enjoy some zany RvR through the weekend!
  • The ROG reward is a choice between a ring or a bracer similar to the Valentine's Day event with some slight differences. These ROGs will only allow up to 5 slots for stats but will also have 1 of 6 possible /uses.
  • Players that interact with the 'Leprechaun Treasure' at the realms' mazes will now receive a new One-Time Drop (OTD) reward, Patches' Mug.
    • This OTD can only be obtained once ever on a character (and not a new one each year).
    • Players must be on the 'Leprechaun Treasure' quest to interact with the Leprechaun Treasure and obtain this OTD.

For players of all level ranges, there are three pesky little tricksters who are hoping you're not too lucky! A 'charming' reward will be bestowed upon those who have the cunning to out-wit:

Killaghe in Albion
Daighu in Midgard
Iollarme in Hibernia

The "Luck of a Leprechaun" quest can be obtained from the following:

Sir Prescott in Cotswold
Hrolf in Mularn
Epona in Mag Mell

A happy and safe St. Patrick's Day to one and all, and we'll see you in the Frontiers!

Click here to visit the DAoC Herald!
Post edited by Carol_Broadsword on
DAoC Community Lead
Broadsword Online Games
Tagged:

Comments

• Not really sure how reducing the wait period by just 2 months is going to make much if a difference.
  • It won't. This is sad.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • Really bad
  • why even have an account inactivity thing i don't understand
  • Please let EC accounts use the SI helm.
    Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters
  • Account inactivity timer should be no longer than 30 days. What about the rest of the restrictions? Too little, too late.
    CATACUSX/Einherjarl - ASATRUAR
  • If those are the only changes they doing for the EC accounts, I can tell you now that you definitely wont get many players back.

If those are the only notes you are patching on the new patch then that's been a waste of 3 months trying to convince players to come back to the game. What a shambles!
  • I'm so disappointed. Yes, I'm a filthy casual and have been for years. I play on again/off again so I was thrilled hearing about EC. I could then sub when I want to actively play, but then be free (EC) when I stop, yet I could still drop in and chat or get an occasional fix.

I wanted to sub through the holidays, but I held off due to the 180 day void. Missed out on the 12 days gifts because of it, but I was willing to wait and see if they removed the waiting period. Nope. Reduced it to 4 months... Wow. So, they are essentially FORCING me to be a sporadic player. I am not subbing now because I can currently play for free, albeit at a disadvantage, but I don't have to wait 4 months to play again (without subbing of course).

It sounds like it's due to the house repo timer, at least that's what I got by the post above...

"This reduction aligns with the house repossession timer due to account inactivity which will be re-enabled in the upcoming 1.127 Patch."

Maybe it's just coincidence to align with it, but if it's to prevent freebies from subbing, buying a house, going free and not getting repossessed, then make it immediately repossess after going EC. Or better yet, let EC have access to houses. Essentially EVERY f2p game lets freebies have housing anyway. Trust me that the RP reduction is a substantial reason to sub and the main reason I would sub.

Well, that's all I guess. I'll remain a lowly casual ECer and whether I continue to play or not is TBD.
  • Seems to me the devs are pretty happy with where the game is at the moment.
    "...the best thing to do if you disagree (or agree) isn't to ask us why (which is rhetorical)...." -John_Broadsword
    "the patch [1.127] is later this year" -Carol_Broadsword, aka "constable paddy biehbien of the **** local community Enforcement force "
    send a message with your wallet
  • Useless change.
  • Lmao is Broadsword just messing with us at this point? @Carol_Broadsword' post reading "Endless Conquest Announcement" just so she can tell us they lowered the wait time from 6 to 4 months... Literally ONE thing.... and no announcement that any other tweaks to EC are coming any time soon, or at all.

And this ONE change is an insult tbh... It's absolutely irrelevant...
  • edited March 2020 PM
    This isn't the patch, 1.127 is still in process and contains EC changes, like we said. This was just reducing the 180 days, more is still to come.
    Post edited by Carol_Broadsword on
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • just get rid of everything and keep only the rp bonuses sub-based
  • Armagedden wrote: »
    Lmao is Broadsword just messing with us at this point? @Carol_Broadsword' post reading "Endless Conquest Announcement" just so she can tell us they lowered the wait time from 6 to 4 months... Literally ONE thing.... and no announcement that any other tweaks to EC are coming any time soon, or at all.

And this ONE change is an insult tbh... It's absolutely irrelevant...

0z2dz652azw1.jpg
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus