Carol.....caaaarrrooollll....Any Bonedancer love in the works?

edited February 2020 in General Board
Just wondering if there was any fixes for the BD pets incoming and if there was any love as well. BDs are hardly used anymore.

I think the suppression line and bone army line could need some improvements.

First idea:

Remove the debuffer/disease pet and replace it with undead thanes. These thanes could used energy lightning with 10% debuff and if an enemy gets close they could switch to 2h hammer melee.

Second idea:

replace strength debuff with Dex/quick debuff.

Third idea:

Replace the baseline dot with baseline life tap that heals bd for 60% but for any Ally with in 200 radius of the LT that Ally received 40% hp back of the damage done.

Fourth idea:

Increase the damage of all pets by 15%

Fifth idea:

Add miscast to the fumble debuff and up it to 50% for the top spell.

Sixth idea:

Allow the dread Lord to insta snare target for 70% and allow the BD to command Lord to pbaoe dd for 350 radius once every 7sec for 100 damage.

Seventh idea:

Allow the bone guardian to spread heal for 250 hp every 3sec if more then 3 grp members fall under 75% health.

Carooooooolllll, why don't you talk to me? I thought we had something special when your healer buffed my warlock for 17min. My warlock has never been buffed like that since. I was so powerful....so powerful!
Post edited by Pleazing on
Asatruar - Ronnie 10 "
Corpseshovel - Oldstanky - Nogvi

The reason people hate to PvP is they are afraid of failure

Comments

• Bonedancer dont need love
  • Hellblast wrote: »
    Bonedancer dont need love

Agreed. Nerf would be better.
  • I hope this is a troll lmao, buffing BDs like the way you're trying to would destroy any opponent that they faced up against.
  • we dont have first of april yet
  • People are never gonna agree to Bonedancer love after how much they were traumatized during the big pet patch. Somehow, Enchanters and partially Spiritmasters escaped this wrath, while Necros, Cabalists, and BDs did not :|

That being said, Bone Army isn’t so great and Darkness is pretttttttty rare. Suppression is okay, but honestly, you could just be a Spiritmaster
  • Also, Carol doesn’t do class balance. She just bans you. And bans you. And bans you.
  • Enkertons wrote: »
    Also, Carol doesn’t do class balance. She just bans you. And bans you. And bans you.

i lol'd

Bonedancers only need a little bit of love, and IMO that should be fixed pet pathing which would help all pet classes.
    "...the best thing to do if you disagree (or agree) isn't to ask us why (which is rhetorical)...." -John_Broadsword
    "the patch [1.127] is later this year" -Carol_Broadsword, aka "constable paddy biehbien of the **** local community Enforcement force "
    send a message with your wallet
  • Hahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha hahahahahaha Thane pets?? What not enough hammers in the mid Zerg breaking cc as it is??
  • Pleazing wrote: »
    Asatruar - Ronnie 10 "

i wish this was at the start of the post, rather than the end - i could have saved myself 2 minutes - nice troll post.

the pathing fix would be applicable to all classes - bd's currently hold winner of the 1v1 tourney, staple in all meta caster/hybrid and tanker groups and aoe dots are always popular zerg surfing class.

• i want Legion as pet on my menta!
  • edited February 2020 PM
    tald wrote: »
    Pleazing wrote: »
    Asatruar - Ronnie 10 "

i wish this was at the start of the post, rather than the end - i could have saved myself 2 minutes - nice troll post.

the pathing fix would be applicable to all classes - bd's currently hold winner of the 1v1 tourney, staple in all meta caster/hybrid and tanker groups and aoe dots are always popular zerg surfing class.

Yeah, "currently hold winner of the 1v1 tourney" back when they had intercepting and side-stunning pets, an orange commander, insane heal pets (215/cast), and more. That tournament was years ago, and there was also a 40 second crescendo necklace back then (eyeroll).

Bringing that up is about as relevant as yo... nevermind :wink:

If you wanna set up some fights on your BD vs. my various toons, lemme know~

Bone Army is the "pet line" of BDs and offers the AoE Dot - when keeps and pets don't mix. The best you could hope for is to cast the Supp commander + a few healer pet subs and keep the pet in the lord room, and Bone Army BDs have arguably the worst single target damage of any of the 12x AoE dot classes.

I'm also so relieved that BDs are supposedly a staple in a realm that runs casters the least (phew!)

Post edited by Enkertons on
  • Dark has some interesting things no other class gets but it's still better to just play a RM/Thane/SM. Ranged dps is sub-par and my understanding is they don't have a good debuff (body yes but that doesn't help but skalds) for group utility.

If solo/small man is your thing the class can be powerful, but there are plenty of ways to get around it as well. The necro/tic/bain fear spell seems to always stick when casted on the pet (don't have to get all the sub pets). The level 52 dread lord or whatever it is is the only pet that's really a PITA. Since BD pet's no longer follow and pop characters that have stealthed/vanished, I don't find the class that difficult to counter when they pop timered abilities, just come back in 30 seconds, and they are usually squishy after toys are down.

Changing the base dot to a lifetap is an interesting idea, but it would need to be the same as other class base lifetaps, or it would be way OP. Other than that I don't have much to opine.

Oh I think the new change to darkness makes it so the BD doesn't get kicked off horse when their ghost pet spells hit someone. That's kind of weird but it's still not really enough to kill someone unless they are afk.
  • edited March 2020 PM
    The point of the body debuff was to debuff for the darkness sub-pets, when darkness had subpets. Thus the names like "Boost Bonecaster."

Dark has one of the highest delve spells (for its spec level) with the 41 DD/snare. I don’t think the issue is single target damage as much as cold trains are rarer and rarer and for as useful as totems and phantoms are, you could just be PBAEing
  • BD's are in a good spot IMO. You can't play them like a traditional nuke-nuke caster (like a cold runie), they have good abilities that help them control spaces/areas instead of people. The biggest fallacy wit hthe class IMO is that the dark pet snare DD is useless once you give them root immunity (can make 1vX fights complicated, sacrificing CC for a snare or not).

Dark spec has good rupt totem for pushing and the 50 spec UI totem is underused.

Sup spec snare totem that gives no immunity is also underused.

Two sup spec BD's and two dark spec BD's could do some serious damage in keep fights. Totems can ALWAYS be up (30 sec RUT and 30 sec duration, no including spell duration but alas can only have 1 totem up at a time)

BA spec kind of worthless IMO. No totems IIRC. It's a fun and unique class that is great 1v1 and is only not used in 8mans due to pet pathing and the amount of people that actually know how to play the class thanks to its uniqueness.

But again, in a good spot. Pet pathing would fix a lot of peoples issues, but apparently braodsword is incapable of fixing a multitude of bugs, and pet pathing is one of the many.
    "...the best thing to do if you disagree (or agree) isn't to ask us why (which is rhetorical)...." -John_Broadsword
    "the patch [1.127] is later this year" -Carol_Broadsword, aka "constable paddy biehbien of the **** local community Enforcement force "
    tald wrote: »
    Asatruar - Ronnie 10 "

Yeah, "currently hold winner of the 1v1 tourney" back when they had intercepting and side-stunning pets, an orange commander, insane heal pets (215/cast), and more. That tournament was years ago, and there was also a 40 second crescendo necklace back then (eyeroll).

Bringing that up is about as relevant as yo... nevermind :wink:

If you wanna set up some fights on your BD vs. my various toons, lemme know~

Bone Army is the "pet line" of BDs and offers the AoE Dot - when keeps and pets don't mix. The best you could hope for is to cast the Supp commander + a few healer pet subs and keep the pet in the lord room, and Bone Army BDs have arguably the worst single target damage of any of the 12x AoE dot classes.

I'm also so relieved that BDs are supposedly a staple in a realm that runs casters the least (phew!)

Get rekt @tald

Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters
  • KoeKoe
    edited March 2020 PM
    Dale_Perf wrote: »
    Totems can ALWAYS be up (30 sec RUT and 30 sec duration, no including spell duration but alas can only have 1 totem up at a time)

I think there's a 10 min timer on the MOC totem. I always just move to the side when they cast the pulsing totem, so it's really best for siege busting (but doesn't do enough dps to do more than interrupt). The Moc totem is decent but again when someone pops it we reset backwards because it's not a real Moc but rather a "we can moc while standing in this specific spot" We like, have at it, we be back in 15 sec or more like just go 2.3k over here to focus on something else.

Post edited by Koe on
  • Koe wrote: »
    Totems can ALWAYS be up (30 sec RUT and 30 sec duration, no including spell duration but alas can only have 1 totem up at a time)

I think there's a 10 min timer on the MOC totem. I always just move to the side when they cast the pulsing totem, so it's really best for siege busting (but doesn't do enough dps to do more than interrupt). The Moc totem is decent but again when someone pops it we reset backwards because it's not a real Moc but rather a "we can moc while standing in this specific spot" We like, have at it, we be back in 15 sec or more like just go 2.3k over here to focus on something else.

ok?
  • edited March 2020 PM
    The biggest fallacy wit hthe class IMO is that the dark pet snare DD is useless once you give them root immunity
    this is true for the supp DD/snare and most DD/snares in the game.

It's also also true for the spec DD/Snare the BD himself gets in Darkness - I have no idea what your point is here.
    Dark spec has good rupt totem for pushing and the 50 spec UI totem is underused.

Is the totem underused or is it the fact that it's at 50 spec, which means you can only go 20 BA, which means you can't get any caster or disease pets? (which are like half the fun of darkness).

Underused - maybe. RIDICULOUSLY easy to get out of it (literally I can walk through it and not get snared once).
    Two sup spec BD's and two dark spec BD's could do some serious damage in keep fights. Totems can ALWAYS be up (30 sec RUT and 30 sec duration, no including spell duration but alas can only have 1 totem up at a time)

4 of any caster could do some serious damage - 4 SMs could bomb an entire zerg.

• A solid spec nuke in BA and some tweaks to Darkness would go a long way for BDs. Also, like Arkadios mentioned recently, the high level phantoms are INSANELY power hungry. the Level 46 is 70 a tick (eek).
  • Or maybe a 358 delve dd only for subscribers
    The biggest fallacy wit hthe class IMO is that the dark pet snare DD is useless once you give them root immunity
    this is true for the supp DD/snare and most DD/snares in the game.

It's also also true for the spec DD/Snare the BD himself gets in Darkness - I have no idea what your point is here.

Is the totem underused or is it the fact that it's at 50 spec, which means you can only go 20 BA, which means you can't get any caster or disease pets? (which are like half the fun of darkness).

Underused - maybe. RIDICULOUSLY easy to get out of it (literally I can walk through it and not get snared once).

4 of any caster could do some serious damage - 4 SMs could bomb an entire zerg.

It's all situational, and we can sit here and debate where and when it's useful, but at the end of the day the abilities have their place and the class is in a good spot. 4 SM's are better than bonedancers but if we're talking zerg keep defense (when was the last time you saw a mid bg use twf?) in the lord room, several snare totems down, a UI totem (because to your own point pets in keep defense are useless on bonedancer so why not go 50 darkness for zerging), and the ability to drop pulsing dmg totems on stacks of stun-nukers overlooking the inner CK roof, break it down more if you want -- you're not wrong, but to deny bonedancer's utility and usefulness with their unique abilities is just ignorant. Are you advocating for a bonedancer buff again? The class is in a good spot.

Waiting for your next quote-by-quote / play-by-play analysis you will conjure up in the next intriguing round of paper DAoC.
  • Vewdoo wrote: »
    Or maybe a 358 delve dd only for subscribers

omg still better than Necro PBAE :)
  • edited March 2020 PM

Waiting for your next quote-by-quote / play-by-play analysis you will conjure up in the next intriguing round of paper DAoC.

why, do u like looking clueless?

there's nothing wrong with advocating for a little love to Darkness or BA.

why, do u like looking clueless?

there's nothing wrong with advocating for a little love to Darkness or BA.

Ah I see, nothing to retort now so I can look "clueless." I wouldn't mind a small bump to BA since it doesn't have a totem but outside of that, the class is good. Pet pathing again is the biggest issue but that's not a BD specific issue.
  • tald wrote: »
    Asatruar - Ronnie 10 "

- bd's currently hold winner of the 1v1 tourney,

1 vs 1 tournament is not representative of being in the fronteer where your pet(s) are running to the other side of the map for various reasons.

Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • Then fix pet pathing.
  • They don't know how to.