If archers have remedy should they not lose IP as RA

Just a thought.
Might actually balance sin vs archers fights a bit.

Comments

• Sure as long as you remove vanish to balance sins vs everyone else fights. Rofl dude get a clue
    Symonde (Cleric)
    Symfriar (Friar duh)
    Symsorc (Double duh)
    Sympets (Theurg)
    Symmond (Arms)
    Some random mids and hibs
  • edited June 2018 PM
    Mezz poison on a 5 min timer and only usable when stealth .
    Post edited by Hellblast on
  • edited June 2018 PM
    So sin's are not supposed to have bad matchups on the game like every other class? Is that what you are saying @BackOfRackhams? Trophia, Wonderous, Insanedave, Perfected, Pewpew, Snowdog, and many other assassins give my RR11L5 ranger plenty or trouble and beat me more often than I beat them. Learn to play your class better. Assassins have arguably the least amount of bad matchups in the game and ranged stealthers are designed to be the anti-assassin.

If you removed ip and/or remedy archers would get demolished vs. sins, but you aren't worried about balance. All you are worried about is that your class has a tough matchup. Maybe I should make posts about all the bad matchups my ranger has. Lets remove shields in game because my ranger has a hard time against shield classes. See how dumb that sounds?

Sins have vanish, move at normal speed when stealthed, have mez poison, has a snare poison that doesn't go off with dmg and can be reapplied whenever, can spam disease, has blur, and now has access to ip+ with cursed blood gauntlets not to mention ghost necklace, but none of that matters to you right?

I think the balace is fine.
    Post edited by RonELuvv on
  • RonELuvv wrote: »
    So sin's are not supposed to have bad matchups on the game like every other class? Is that what you are saying @BackOfRackhams? Trophia, Wonderous, Insanedave, Perfected, Pewpew, Snowdog, and many other assassins give my RR11L5 ranger plenty or trouble and beat me more often than I beat them. Learn to play your class better. Assassins have arguably the least amount of bad matchups in the game and ranged stealthers are designed to be the anti-assassin.

If you removed ip and/or remedy archers would get demolished vs. sins, but you aren't worried about balance. All you are worried about is that your class has a tough matchup. Maybe I should make posts about all the bad matchups my ranger has. Lets remove shields in game because my ranger has a hard time against shield classes. See how dumb that sounds?

Sins have vanish, move at normal speed when stealthed, have mez poison, has a snare poison that doesn't go off with dmg and can be reapplied whenever, can spam disease, has blur, and now has access to ip+ with cursed blood gauntlets not to mention ghost necklace, but none of that matters to you right?

They should give you plenty of trouble, 1v1 decent ranger vs decent sin with everything thing up ranger will win.
    Only chance a sin has is to kite out remedy.

Sorry but decent rangers can match up shield tanks, watched sakis ranger at rr 5 take down rr9 warrior.

Look I am not blind, took my hunter out a few weeks back 7 fights vs infs and did not lose a single fight. Only problem I had was when remedy was down, then I just fz kite aways and wait for it to be up.

Sorry but decent rangers can match up shield tanks, watched sakis ranger at rr 5 take down rr9 warrior.

Look I am not blind, took my hunter out a few weeks back 7 fights vs infs and did not lose a single fight. Only problem I had was when remedy was down, then I just fz kite aways and wait for it to be up.

You compare someone like Saki with a noname rr9 warrior? And that is the default setting now or what?

And if your remedy is down vs a recent assassin you`re kiting nowhere.

I can win 20 fights vs random assassins , and then a fight vs Saki where i´m not able to land 1 single hit in melee.
    Nerf assassins !!
    Sorry, balancing isn`t working the way you think it should be.
  • Please just stop... Archers have had IP forever. They got free remedy during the disastrous stealther revamp patch.

I’ve suggested for awhile to remove free remedy from Archers possibly make it an RA. A lot of RA points where freed up by handing out free MOS9 to Archers.

GL
  • I have stated in other posts on remedy that I would be ok with having the reuse timer extended or to make it an RA. Those are reasonable suggestions. Flat out removal of that and/or IP is just idiotic.

You lost all credibility when you used Saki as your example. Saki is a beast on all toons. I have NEVER beat his inf. Does that mean all sins should be nerfed? Yes, I agree that a ranger vs sin with all things being equal the deck is stacked towards the ranger, but that is by design. Ranged stealthers are supposed to be the paper to your rock. Just as sins do better against other classes that ranged stealthers don't match up well against. Not all classes are supposed to be equal to each other. This isn't WoW.
  • edited June 2018 PM
    Ridiculous suggestion with no logical rationale. If the vague reason stated was considered, there would be tons of classes that would need to lose access to RA's due to this logic.
    Post edited by Sovereign on
  • you guys are clueless, rangers are so above par stealth v stealth you just want to keep a good thing

• edited June 2018 PM
    If that is the case @BackOfRackhams please tell me why sin's have more high rp earners every week than rangers? Go look at rp's for sin's last week vs rp's for rangers. Even though rangers have way better #'s than usual (due to the top 8 of 10 being from a group of stealthers that group up and apparently had a good week) sin's still have more rp's. How is that possible since rangers/hunters are so powerful?

When I was playing more often I would earn 250-350k rps a week. That would usually put me in the top 5-10 for rangers. It would NEVER do that as any sin. Same with solo kills. I would consistently be in the top 5 for solo kills for the week with 25-35 and that would never get me on the top 10 for any sin on a given week. The facts do not back up your statements.
    Post edited by RonELuvv on
  • edited June 2018 PM
    i don't get why there is 5 dif mod to ban you 5 mins after making something against the rules

but threads in the double digits asking questions and not 1 dev responds or joins in the conversation with all of our ideas and or concerns ;\
    Post edited by Huehuaehue on
    If that is the case @BackOfRackhams please tell me why sin's have more high rp earners every week than rangers? Go look at rp's for sin's last week vs rp's for rangers. Even though rangers have way better #'s than usual (due to the top 8 of 10 being from a group of stealthers that group up and apparently had a good week) sin's still have more rp's. How is that possible since rangers/hunters are so powerful?

When I was playing more often I would earn 250-350k rps a week. That would usually put me in the top 5-10 for rangers. It would NEVER do that as any sin. Same with solo kills. I would consistently be in the top 5 for solo kills for the week with 25-35 and that would never get me on the top 10 for any sin on a given week. The facts do not back up your statements.

Gees, I have a rr8 ranger rr7 hunter rr9 shade rr10 sb rr7 inf oh and rr10 vamp rr9 hero, rr8 bm ect etc

Just roll a sin and solo, catch a few half decent rangers/hunter and see how you feel. As said before stealth archer vs sin was balanced for years, now less than ever . Look I play my ranger kill a few sins, its makes me hard for a bit then I get bored. I like a challenge and find playing that class not for me.

And you will find when quoting rps per week means nothing, in general we all know when you solo time anyone can get crazy rps per week if they willing to play 24-7
  • Rangers are definitely the stronger of the archer classes. You do have better defenses than a hunter. I think I'd rather have dual wield than I would a pet. I think dual wield does more damage and then the hunter pet gets nullified most of the time with the ranger rr5.
  • I think it is more personal taste @Pigleto. My buddy loves his hunter and won't play ranger because of the pet. I'm in agreement with you and prefer ranger mele dps vs hunter pet, but I suck at using the pet and he is good at using it while in combat. Both are powerful in the right hands.

Last week rp's is about the only stats we have to go on for making an argument about which classes are stronger @BackOfRackhams. Otherwise we are left with your logic of, "My class x gets killed by class y alot. Class y needs to be nerfed," logic. The fact is that sin's get more rps every single week than any ranged stealther and if what you said was true then more people would play archer over sin. DAOC balance has never been how individual classes stack up against each other. It's paper, rock, scissors and ranged stealther has been the paper to your rock since the first "new frontier" patch pre-catacombs.
  • I have both archer and assasin at high rr. Alot of times versus a good assasins on my ranger i have to pop IP to win. On my assasin i usually win versus archers even with IP. Unless the archer starts at range it is very easy to reset fights with mez or outlast their remedy. Once that drops even with IP an archer is toast unless it gets range. With the blur ability its easy to close that important gap between the archer and yourself. I would say ignore Pain is needed considering archers are supposed to be the assasin hunter