oil on keeps hitting people in close combat with the oil controlers

i got killed by oil users while hitting them after breaching the doors on the outer oil by them pouring oil. this is wrong.
Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.

Comments

• Probably the pot had a hole and the oil destroyed your feet.

No, this is silly that oil can kill people on the wall.
    Oil killing people inside keep is also silly.
  • Didn't they say they upped the oil splash radius?
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus
  • edited February 2020 PM
    Yes they increased it. Apparently it hits now people on the wall.
    Post edited by Kroko on
  • Good change...
    Muylae wrote: »
    i got killed by oil users while hitting them after breaching the doors on the outer oil by them pouring oil. this is wrong.

I've been killed through walls by oil when going up the stairs to the left and right of the gate house.
    Post edited by Daelin on
  • @Daelin
    yea. actually that already happened before the patch.
  • yeah, but it never hit people at the oil level before, and i'm sure that's not the intention.
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • It's a good thing. Boiling oil poured from a wall doesn't have a pretty pattern. It splatters. Let's roleplay a little bit in out fake world game...make it a RNG area of effect I say.
    Muylae wrote: »
    yeah, but it never hit people at the oil level before, and i'm sure that's not the intention.

I've also been hit with Oil when attacking the controllers on the oil level. This occurred a while back. But it only happened once.

Edit: I was to the side of the cauldron attacking the controller so perhaps I was in the path of the oil. I just found it strange that I was able to be hit on the oil level by oil as I hadn't seen this before.
    Post edited by Daelin on
  • Idk if it's intended, seems like something that could be slightly avoided with the right group comp (siege buff siege resistance effects oil pours, as well as HT passive), along with a bunch of palintones.
    "...the best thing to do if you disagree (or agree) isn't to ask us why (which is rhetorical)...." -John_Broadsword
    "the patch [1.127] is later this year" -Carol_Broadsword, aka "constable paddy biehbien of the **** local community Enforcement force "
    send a message with your wallet
  • so the group needs a minny/champ and whatever mid has for the siege buffs :)
  • If they made it a cone area of effect i think that would stop it from hitting inside the keep. And they oready have the codeing for cones just dont now if the have the proper angle to work for the oil. Only problem i see with that tho is that it wont hit anyone just inside the door when its open so i dont know whats better
  • Is it me or is the damage also greater?
    It shouldn't be,
    Siege Weapons
    • Boiling Oil and Fortified War Rams now take 60% less damage from Palintones.
      • Field War Rams now take 30% less damage from Palintones.
    • Palintone Ammunition's radius has been reduced as follows:
      • Default, Heavy Bolt, and Honed Heavy Bolt radius reduced from 200 to 25.
      • Toxic Bolt and Lethal Bolt radius reduced from 350 to 125.
    • Boiling Oil's splash radius has been increased from 400 to 500 units.
      • This change means that either side of the outer gatehouse "nooks" will be hit by oil now.

Post edited by Dale_Perf on
    "...the best thing to do if you disagree (or agree) isn't to ask us why (which is rhetorical)...." -John_Broadsword
    "the patch [1.127] is later this year" -Carol_Broadsword, aka "constable paddy biehbien of the **** local community Enforcement force "
  • I think it is and by quite a bit.
  • Can you provide some proof?
  • Kroko wrote: »
    @Cathul
    explain?
    No.
  • The radius is weird. I was to the side, further away from the oil, than healers spamming group heals on a font and I was hit and insta killed on my caster. Oil didn’t hit the people closer to it. Very strange unless it has an irregular radius that happened to go around them and onto me
  • could the healers have had a minny/champ in the group--with siege reduction buff going
  • Possible, but I doubt they would continue to stand there knowing they’re sitting in oil. I think it just wasn’t hitting them.