Official lead pve raids and rvr bgs/grps

I think it would be amazing to have raids lead
broadsword poeple every now and then, be it rvr or pve. I think could help shed some light a lot of problems we are noticing. And it could be a lot of fun as hell if its a rvr. You could have the BS poeple leading the bgs against each other.

Tell me what you all think of this idea.
Tagged:

Comments

• No. Leading is community based.

However, developer type of events where the devs control NPCs and we have to kill them would be fun. Used to be a thing back in the Mythic days.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • Well I think it would be a great idea to stop the stagnation and help keep more people overall engaged in the game !
  • Yeah but they were a disaster. Turned from something cool into literally everyone at once killing an easy mob which evolved into DF as we know it today. That part was cool at least.
  • Mythic days, not BS days. ;)
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • I don’t recall an even run by mythic until the DF stuff. Conquerer of whatever title
  • Somebody needs to step up and lead, and the realm needs to not be so grumpy. Step up and lead, Names. If you have smaller numbers, make everybody run a setup that favors your numbers and camp towers or something. Leaders and support, that's all it takes.
    "...the best thing to do if you disagree (or agree) isn't to ask us why (which is rhetorical)...." -John_Broadsword
    "the patch [1.127] is later this year" -Carol_Broadsword, aka "constable paddy biehbien of the **** local community Enforcement force "
    send a message with your wallet
  • They should lead the PvE and pvp raids as the Kings of each realm.
    Asatruar - Ronnie 10 "
    Corpseshovel - Oldstanky - Nogvi

The reason people hate to PvP is they are afraid of failure
  • Lol leading as the kings would be great to see and be a part off
  • And untill the population problem is fixed i will stick to running a stealther grp. Much safer and less getting ran over that way.
  • Nobody wants to see me leading a bg, so bad, so so bad.
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • Can attest to Carol leading anything. I've seen it, it's no bueno!
  • edited February 2020 PM
    Nobody wants to see me leading a bg, so bad, so so bad.

I wouldnt say its bad. You just don't have the keys to the castle like everyone thinks. When @Dale_Perf was leading Curse raids, i saw on too many ocassions that you werent able to fix the issues that popped up. I'm pretty sure that is one of the mains reasons he stopped subbing (correct me if im wrong @Dale_Perf ). I'm pretty sure he mentioned that @ 5 of his characters were stuck on bugged Curse steps. I personally sat in on several raids where you would respawn the dragon only to have it bug out again. Thats a developer problem.
    Post edited by Sleepwell on
  • Sleepwell wrote: »
    Nobody wants to see me leading a bg, so bad, so so bad.

I wouldnt say its bad. You just don't have the keys to the castle like everyone thinks. When @Dale_Perf was leading Curse raids, i saw on too many ocassions that you werent able to fix the issues that popped up. I'm pretty sure that is one of the mains reasons he stopped subbing (correct me if im wrong @Dale_Perf ). I'm pretty sure he mentioned that @ 5 of his characters were stuck on bugged Curse steps. I personally sat in on several raids where you would respawn the dragon only to have it bug out again. Thats a developer problem.

My warrior is still bugged and stuck on curse 5. I ended up just bountycrafting his stuff, but it was still annoying.
    "...the best thing to do if you disagree (or agree) isn't to ask us why (which is rhetorical)...." -John_Broadsword
    "the patch [1.127] is later this year" -Carol_Broadsword, aka "constable paddy biehbien of the **** local community Enforcement force "
  • Dale_Perf wrote: »
    My warrior is still bugged and stuck on curse 5. I ended up just bountycrafting his stuff, but it was still annoying.

Curse 5 you can solo on a Warrior.

Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters
  • i lead a ow/curse raid every sunday on midgard at 1700 cet / 1100 est on midgard. i've done a SH raid at that time and i'm considering a DF raid that time.
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • DaRedANT wrote: »
    Dale_Perf wrote: »

You must've misread, that the character is bugged. I'll add admitted by @Carol_Broadsword as well, and told there was nothing she could do about it, that a dev would have to look at it.
  • Dale_Perf wrote: »
    DaRedANT wrote: »
    Dale_Perf wrote: »

You must've misread, that the character is bugged. I'll add admitted by @Carol_Broadsword as well, and told there was nothing she could do about it, that a dev would have to look at it.

That was what 5 months ago?
  • Nobody wants to see me leading a bg, so bad, so so bad.

Those on the opposing realms would welcome your RPs, err, leadership.
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus
  • Amurdora wrote: »
    I don’t recall an even run by mythic until the DF stuff. Conquerer of whatever title

Didn't they have something where a dev had control of a "champion" for each realm not too long ago out in RvR?
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus
  • Lol even if you are bad at leading carol i would still follow just for the hell of it. Besides you can give yourself an op toon to use thats max everything and worth more rps XD. I can for see and event quest to kill a broadsword person that gives rps and is grp credit. Could be fun to stream that too.